Danger in Kielo Caverns(DnD 3.5 Group game, Extreme, full for now)

Started by ExisD, March 24, 2011, 08:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExisD

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 24, 2011, 10:05:30 PM
Hmm. ><; The one character concept I've got that I really want to try out is one that I'm not sure would fit this game's general concept and tone...

Oh well.  Maybe I can try something involving Magic of Incarnum.

Hmm.  Totem Rager and that 'Trapkiller' Barbarian variant from Dungeonscape...

I know a bit about Magic of Incarnum, not familiar at all with the Totem Rager/Trapkiller. What can you tell me about them?

Kunoichi

The Totem Rager is basically a Barbarian/Totemist dual-advancement prestige class, with some class abilities that help the two sides achieve a little more synergy.

Trapkiller is a Barbarian ACF from Dungeonscape and replaces Trap Sense.  Basically, it grants a Barbarian the ability to find mechanical traps (but not magic traps) with the Survival skill, and then 'disarm' them by bashing them until they stop working. :P It's fun and flavorful, but strictly weaker than Trapfinding and good Search and Disable Device skills.

TheGlyphstone

All good barbarians disarm traps with their faces anyways. :D

ExisD

Lol, that sounds pretty reasonable. And traps will come into play at some point or another... well all depending on where you guys go.

Kunoichi

Alright, I'll see what I can work up. ^^

It's too bad my first concept (a Keeper Warblade) isn't such a good fit for this game, though. ><; I really want to try playing it, but between the blanket immunities and the bizarre 'instant death upon being captured' weakness...

ulthakptah

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 24, 2011, 09:56:26 PM
Yeah, PvP strikes me as being a bad idea in a survival-themed game.  Especially one that's basically set in the Underdark.
You would have to have real sick sadist DM to strand a bunch of adventures in the underdark to see if they would survive.

Anyway It looks like glyph is going caster and nicci is a healer. I guess I'll make a fighter, you mind if I use a prestige class from oriental adventures?

ExisD

Quote from: ulthakptah on March 24, 2011, 11:47:22 PM
You would have to have real sick sadist DM to strand a bunch of adventures in the underdark to see if they would survive.

Anyway It looks like glyph is going caster and nicci is a healer. I guess I'll make a fighter, you mind if I use a prestige class from oriental adventures?

Hey, you guys are level 8 with higher level gear. Also, which class?

ulthakptah

ExisD

Looks fine, also you guys should start to figure out who, if any, knows who in this group.

ulthakptah

Are we allowed to take flaws? As a fighter feats are really the only thing I got going for me.

Mrpanda

Is there any spots left? I can roll up someone in short order. :)

TheGlyphstone

I'm a caster with a pair of 150+ HP bonebags to guard me/us, mind you - so don't feel pressured to try and fill any sort of tank-esque role.

NicciKotor

Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Kunoichi

NicciKotor

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 25, 2011, 03:11:21 PM
Why, afraid the skeletons are going to have boners? :P

You never know with those perverted necromancers.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

SomeGuy

Hm, looks like it's full up. Let me know if a spot opens up though.

Good luck.

TheGlyphstone

Aw, and I was totally hoping to redo the Thriller dance as a zombie orgy.

ExisD

Posted the OOC thread. Please post your characters there when you get them ready. We'll begin once everyone is done.

OOC thread

Laughing Hyena

Kunoichi

Actually, I'm not sure I'll be able to make it on this one. ^^; Sorry to drop out suddenly like this, but there still seems to be plenty of interest, so hopefully it won't be a problem...

Laughing Hyena

I have a character made. Posting him here for your pleasure.

Ja'koth

zothab

If there's still a free space, I'm thinking of playing either a thief/mage type, maybe a duskblade, or a Lurk from the Psionic's book.

Laughing Hyena

Indeed, ExistD is needing more female PCs for the game and a thief type would go nicely with this spelunking.

ExisD

Yep, a thief type sounds quite good and appropriate for the group.