In the Shadows of Olympus [Eclipse Phase FATE, Non-Con: Exotic] [Closed]

Started by AnneReinard, January 18, 2016, 08:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisOneGal

Defer to the GM, but this is my understanding.

For bots, I think you just buy them like extra morphs. They come with a device AI that has two skills (+2 and +1). I'd look at the Automech for a base. Guns/whatever come with it based on its skills, or give it the Natural Attack trait.

The primary mechanical benefit of having bots is being in multiple places at once and teamwork bonuses.

You'll probably want Pilot as your apex skill to jam the drones.

Alternatively, you could focus on stealing/hijacking drones instead of buying them. In that case, don't buy drones with refresh, but capture them with Infosec as they're used against us, and then use Refresh to hang onto them. Mechanically, there's not much difference. Buying is more reliable, capturing is more dynamic.

Kunoichi

There's a Bots stunt that gives you 3-5 small bots that can be used for scouting, and that are equipped with AIs with Notice at +2 and Investigate at +1, I believe.

Since our GM is more familiar with the Fate Core rules that this is based off of, perhaps she might also be able to help come up with a similar suitable stunt for having a small selection of combat-oriented bots available to you, as well?

And then there's a stunt for the Programming skill that would let you use Programming in place of Shoot for automated systems you've programmed, which could perhaps include armed drones...

Hexed

I must be running blind but Bots stunt? Is that in the regular Fate book or the Eclipse Fate book?

I do know they've got that tiny animal morph that sounds ideal for scouting and some of the other options had interesting uses at least. :)

ThisOneGal

Page 43.

Surveillance Bots
You have a selection of 3-5 small bots useful for recon. These include a Creepy (10-15 centimeter crawling bot), a Gnat (a tiny rotorcraft flying recorder), and a Speck (a 2.5 millimeter, bug-like flying drone). They have 0 stress boxes, Fair (+2) Notice, and Average (+1) Athletics. They can be controlled directly by you or given instructions using Programming and dispatched to work autonomously.

Hexed

I... have no clue how I missed that. Especially since the Fabber and Covert Op tool had caught my attention.

Thanks for the info!

ThisOneGal

I didn't notice it until Kunoichi pointed it out. :P I think it's cause they didn't bold the text.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Hexed on January 18, 2016, 10:38:01 PM
I do know they've got that tiny animal morph that sounds ideal for scouting and some of the other options had interesting uses at least. :)

The Scurrier?  That's actually an alien lifeform, or at least a clone of one with a cyberbrain installed.  You'd draw some odd looks walking down the street, but it certainly could be good for scouting, especially if you also took a good stealth-related stunt and some modification for enhanced senses.

I think the one other major choice I'd pick for scouting is the Opteryx, which is a flying synthmorph, basically a robotic eagle with built-in radar.  Or maybe also the Octomorph, though I suppose you might not want to be an octopus uplift...

wander

Still working on my character, but I'm getting there. I wanted to make notes and base Aspects based on a variety of things about them. I'll have something up later today though. My initial writings are the character was raised in a simulspace as basically a synthetic human, taking a cue off the manga Biomega.

I was kinda pondering on a Sex Switch for my character's Pod also... Eh, it's early days in development anyway. Stunts and skills are gonna be very different and as stated before, I'll be looking at Programming to be quite high. Kinda wanted to have Infosec at +4, though... :/

Good sources for character images, also? Because the ones here are great so far!

Kunoichi

Quote from: wander on January 18, 2016, 11:26:49 PM
Stunts and skills are gonna be very different and as stated before, I'll be looking at Programming to be quite high. Kinda wanted to have Infosec at +4, though... :/

Well, there's no guarantee that we'll both be accepted for the game, when it comes right down to it.  Plus, even if we are, having two skilled hackers on the team rather than one certainly couldn't hurt.

Quote from: wander on January 18, 2016, 11:26:49 PM
Good sources for character images, also? Because the ones here are great so far!

I got mine off Gelbooru.

ThisOneGal

Alright, I have a reasonably complete character up now. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=242974.msg12001647#msg12001647

Here's some stuff from the Morph Recognition Guide you might be interested in if you want a small, fast/sneaky morph: http://imgur.com/a/rXvnS
They're not really sexy though. :P

wander

Finished character notes off, I'll be working on making them Aspects soon enough.

It's been fun thinking up how the character would react and do things, should have enough material there to cover their main 4 and maybe then some, which I'll either keep aside or work into the Morph Aspects.  :-)

Kunoichi

Quote from: ThisOneGal on January 18, 2016, 11:34:31 PM
Alright, I have a reasonably complete character up now. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=242974.msg12001647#msg12001647
Quote from: ThisOneGal on January 18, 2016, 06:45:10 PM
* Her 'day job' is as an exotic prostitute; Futura morphs are incredibly rare and expensive, and command a premium price. She's probably been moved to Antimony's group.

Hmm, now this looks like there are plenty of possibilities for fun...  Especially since I'm thinking that Harley has probably got a similar day job to Jun. ;D

Maybe we could both work for the same adult entertainment agency, and it could secretly be owned by Firewall?  That seems like it could make a good civilian cover job for a couple of async Firewall agents.

ThisOneGal

Sure. ^^

I imagine Red's situation as more of a temporary thing; she's there until they can find a better place to hide her/the heat is off. So it's less a career and 'here, do this to avoid drawing attention, not be a huge drain on resources, and so we can keep an eye on you'.

Of course, she might decide to stay 'cause it's fun. :P

AndyZ

Can you have more than one morph?  Haven't had a chance to read over the rules in detail yet.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

ThisOneGal

Yup. Costs 1 refresh + the morphs refresh.

As I understand it, anyway.

Kunoichi

Quote from: ThisOneGal on January 19, 2016, 12:31:15 AM
Sure. ^^

I imagine Red's situation as more of a temporary thing; she's there until they can find a better place to hide her/the heat is off. So it's less a career and 'here, do this to avoid drawing attention, not be a huge drain on resources, and so we can keep an eye on you'.

Of course, she might decide to stay 'cause it's fun. :P

In Antimony's case, her choice of profession was mostly based on the fact that it's actually stated in Transhuman in the section on playing emergent AGIs that they often tend to derive a great deal of emotional satisfaction and an almost sexual thrill from carrying out tasks that are related to their original purpose.  Which in her case was sex, so... :P

She's probably actually quite happy being a prostitute, so long as she's allowed to have hobbies and otherwise explore her own capabilities on the side. ^^ And after getting to know Red, I imagine she'll probably be quite happy if her fellow async winds up deciding to stay.

wander

Should have my character up later. I've sorted their Ego aspects, now just placing Skills down.

I was going with a Pod myself (though not a Pleasure one)... I noticed the Worker Pod has only one sample Aspect down and no Stunts...
I was going to go with giving them a different morph aspect and a second one to get some custom traits... Rather than 'Unfashionable Face', I was thinking of 'Mass Produced Face', as their Pod would be a mass production model and so their face won't be unique at all. It has a similar ring to the original Aspect, but I was thinking more of GITS, where Motoko has a mass production outside chassis, also there's even a scene in the 1st movie where she spots a cyborg with the exact same looks as her in a window.

I take it with no Morph Stunts listed I can pretty much pick ones of my choice, right?

ThisOneGal

If you want to emphasize the generic looks of you morph, try a Vacuum Pod: http://i.imgur.com/FumC2ET.png Just throw the 'Environmental Adaptation (Vacuum)' trait on a worker pod.

The Sample Aspects are suggestions; you need two, and the first one is a sort of description of the morph (Healthy Worker Pod). The second is something specific to that morph (Cookie-Cutter Looks; Obvious Cyber Arm).

With no morph stunts, you can basically pick whatever, yes. Provided it makes sense. You essentially 'buy' them as aftermarket addons. Stunts included in the base morph can kinda be swapped out in game with little effort (see Morph Stunts on pg 40); essentially ignoring them if they're not plot relevant and paying Refresh when they become relevant if you want. This is not an option you have with non-base Morph Stunts; those you gotta explain how you're getting.

Kunoichi

The first morph aspect you take is supposed to include the morph's name in it and a short descriptor, and the rules basically say to think of it as being like a High Concept aspect for the morph itself.  The two examples given in the rules are 'Scarred Octomorph' and 'Healthy Flat', and to give further examples from my character and ThisOneGal's, I took 'Healthy Pleasure Pod' and she chose 'Original Futura'.

The second aspect is meant to be more of a regular descriptive aspect, and the aspects listed alongside the morphs in the rules are intended as samples for what sort of aspect you might take.  For the aspect you're considering, something like 'Just Another Face in the Crowd' or 'A Commonly-Available Face' might be a slightly less awkward-sounding way to get the same sort of aspect.

Any morph can take any morph stunt, technically.  The ones they're listed with are just the standard ones they're grown or built with, and any others you choose are after-market modifications your character chose to make.

Quote from: ThisOneGal on January 19, 2016, 03:55:54 AM
If you want to emphasize the generic looks of you morph, try a Vacuum Pod: http://i.imgur.com/FumC2ET.png Just throw the 'Environmental Adaptation (Vacuum)' trait on a worker pod.

Based on those stats, I actually think that a better option for working up the stats on a Vacuum Pod would be to add the Worker Pod's traits onto the Bouncer.  Just replace the Essential Biomorph Traits with Essential Pod Traits, then add on Common and Stigma (Pod).

Edit: ...And the enhanced respiration probably counts as Environmental Adaptation (Thin Atmosphere), and the light bioweave armor likely counts as the Armor stunt, as it does on the Fury.  Man, the Vacuum Pod is basically the Bouncer+ as far as stats go...

ThisOneGal

Quote from: Kunoichi on January 19, 2016, 04:00:15 AM
Based on those stats, I actually think that a better option for working up the stats on a Vacuum Pod would be to add the Worker Pod's traits onto the Bouncer.  Just replace the Essential Biomorph Traits with Essential Pod Traits, then add on Common and Stigma (Pod).

True; I didn't re-read that stats, I just remembered the comment. :P

Seriously, the Morph Recognition Guide is both an awesome tool and a neat piece of world-building. I like it way more than I should.

Kunoichi

wander

*nods* I have it myself too, I like that every morph gets a picture in it. :)

I've finished skills, looking over (as I did them before looking at the other characters here) I don't see any real cross-over, so we should be fine!

I don't have much time atm, though I'm gonna go with 4 Stunts, giving me a Refresh of 2. I may get to narrow some down before heading out for the day, for sure will have a completed character this evening. :)

AnneReinard

All my work is being done for me! You all have been busy!

In any case, I can confirm that getting an additional Morph costs 1 Refresh + whatever Refresh would normally need to be spent on required Morph Stunts. Same holds true for any bots.
Ons and Offs

Always free for a little teasing back and forth. Or suggestions to titles to make this exhibitionist squirm! I adore silly little PMs.

Jezabelle

Banging out my character sheet now!  Don't start without me  :-*

Kunoichi

I'm looking forward to seeing what character's everyone is going to come up with. ^^