You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

June 25, 2018, 01:17:43 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Trump  (Read 94535 times)

Skynet and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Cassandra LeMay

Re: Trump
« Reply #3300 on: June 22, 2018, 01:04:55 AM »
... He’s also opened a dialogue on prison reform whose current system he suggests adversely impacts African-Americans.  ...
I must have missed that among all of Jeff Sessions attempts to torpedo attempts at sentencing reform and all the other policies of the AG to be "tough on crime" that will disproportianally hit minorities and especially black Americans.

Aside from the fact that Trump undermines the norms of civil society - and the fabric of the constitution - by dog-whistling to white supremacists, belitteling judges doing their job, stirring up racial animus, and a list of other things that is longer than my arm, he just isn't a good leader.

Trump has displayed a tendency to act from his gutt and then not take responsibility for the consequences of his actions. He rescinded DACA and kicked it over to Congress, but then just didn't seem to care. He did something and with that action it all became someone else's problem. The GOP in the House is deeply divided on immigration matters and when he gets together with the House Republicans, Trump just brags about his own achievements but does not take the lead, does not try to get the GOP act together, and doesn't even seem to think he has some responsibility there.

I may not agree with the policy goals of the GOP, but right now they have both chambers of Congress and the White House. They could get stuff done. That they don't is part ideological (new laws require government action and the GOP is for less, rather than more, government), part of it is the split between "moderates" and "radicals", but one important part is also a lack of leadership by the President.

Or look at his latest plan: Space Force. Does he actually believe he can create a new branch of the military by Presidential fiat? It looks that way to me, but that completely ignores the Constitution. He needs Congress for this. But that would be tedious work and require a lot more than signing an executive order. Maybe he could actually convince Congress to do this, but either he is too lazy to put in the hard work, or he doesn't even realize how the process should work - neither of which is a sign of a good leader.

Offline Luzette

« Reply #3301 on: June 22, 2018, 04:32:55 AM »
Thank you Quick Ben for your measured reactions to my posts; perhaps you can PM me sometime.  I am new and thought that this was a forum for political discussion but it appears not and I will cease to ‘trigger’ you folks any longer.

I grew up and remain an ardent, left wing citizen. In my recent Word of the Day essay, I advocated for eliminating all immigration quotas as being a throwback to the imperial repressions of an earlier age.  I would have voted for Bernie Sanders in a heartbeat but his campaign was sabotaged and not by the Republicans.

I could go on but to no impact I’m sure.  I applaud President Trump for his activism in addressing serious issues to be resolved.  I think to date that he’s as good a president as Bill Clinton and less touchy-feely with the ladies too. ;)

Adieu my friends: Luzette has left the building.  ;D

Offline MiraMirror

« Reply #3302 on: June 22, 2018, 05:35:08 AM »
Thank you Quick Ben for your measured reactions to my posts; perhaps you can PM me sometime.  I am new and thought that this was a forum for political discussion but it appears not and I will cease to ‘trigger’ you folks any longer.

I grew up and remain an ardent, left wing citizen. In my recent Word of the Day essay, I advocated for eliminating all immigration quotas as being a throwback to the imperial repressions of an earlier age.  I would have voted for Bernie Sanders in a heartbeat but his campaign was sabotaged and not by the Republicans.

I could go on but to no impact I’m sure.  I applaud President Trump for his activism in addressing serious issues to be resolved.  I think to date that he’s as good a president as Bill Clinton and less touchy-feely with the ladies too. ;)

"Despite having several people provide links and calm examples of why they dislike Trump and what he's done to the U.S., they disagree with me,  so I will throw an overused insult at them all, tell the one person who agrees with me to throw me a message,  and duck out without responding to a single point made in the past few posts so I look like I have the moral high ground. Because obviously,  anyone who disagrees with me must just be 'triggered ', right?"

Offline Deamonbane

• “If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!” ~ Demon Killer
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • Oh, I don't get angry. I have people for that.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3303 on: June 22, 2018, 06:25:49 AM »
  I think to date that he’s as good a president as Bill Clinton and less touchy-feely with the ladies too. ;)
bahahahahahahah...

Offline Deamonbane

• “If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!” ~ Demon Killer
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • Oh, I don't get angry. I have people for that.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3304 on: June 22, 2018, 06:35:58 AM »
http://thehill.com/policy/technology/393568-trump-administration-tightens-media-access-to-federal-scientists-report

This is clearly the stance of an administration that fosters independent and critical scientific thought.

Online VekseidTopic starter

« Reply #3305 on: June 22, 2018, 06:52:29 AM »

Yeah this is pure troll.

Go away.

Online persephone325

• E's Resident Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier Addict | Lady White Wolf | Bucky Bait/Buckygirl | Howling's Dagger | Queen of the Underworld | A sentient pile of kittens | Always blame Bucky | 1/3 of Team SAM
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3306 on: June 22, 2018, 03:04:17 PM »
I think to date that he’s as good a president as Bill Clinton and less touchy-feely with the ladies too. ;)

bahahahahahahah...

^My exact reaction. lol Oh my goodness...