Dark Heresy: Interest Check

Started by ShadowFox89, October 31, 2014, 02:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

This is an interest check for anyone who might be looking to play (or even run!) a Dark Heresy Second Edition game.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sain

Is it specifically inquisitional action you are craving or just a WH40K campaign in general, because I've been preparing a WH40K campaign for some time now. It wouldn't exactly be along the theme of Dark Heresy, but rather one with a healthy vigilante sort of mix of both DH and Black Crusade.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Pumpkin Seeds

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Sain on October 31, 2014, 04:29:47 PM
Is it specifically inquisitional action you are craving or just a WH40K campaign in general, because I've been preparing a WH40K campaign for some time now. It wouldn't exactly be along the theme of Dark Heresy, but rather one with a healthy vigilante sort of mix of both DH and Black Crusade.

Inquisitorial. I'm wanting to try out the Dark Heresy 2e rules.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sain

After skimming how the 2nd ed differs from the first I must say I'm somewhat intrigued of giving it a spin too. Can't offer to GM it though, but will bookmark this thread.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Pumpkin Seeds

I have a few days off, so I might re read the book and consider some stuff.  Can't promise anything though.

ShadowFox89

Cool. If not, I'll run something. Luckily, Only War and Black Crusade are fairly compatible as far as opponents go.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Muse

Oh.  I'd enjoy playing.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

wander

I'd be up for this...

I love me some system gaming and Dark Heresy is pretty boss and I'm up for 2e gaming! :)

ChaoticSky

Likewise!

Though ive been thinking of starting a game myself, i was planning BC, and not DH, so i cant run this alas.

TheGlyphstone

Oooh, shiny. I'd love to play in either a BC or a DH game that actually got off the ground, previous ones I've played in seem to stall out really fast.

HairyHeretic

I'm always interested in 40k games.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

ShadowFox89

For those interested in playing, what would your preference for a game be? Heavy intrigue? Combat? Mix of both? And would you prefer the luck of the roll or points?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheGlyphstone

More on the intrigue/investigation side with just enough combat to keep the danger factor going - I'm personally more a fan of combat, but I have to recognize that the DH combat system is a very poor fit for PbP pacing.

Stats though...it's just not a 40K RPG without luck of the roll. Point buy guarantees being able to build the role/career you want, but the best characters can come out of something unexpected.

Pumpkin Seeds

Intrigue/Investigation with a touch of horror to fit the genre and some combat to make things interesting.

wander

I'm gonna say from prior experience, I'd like some heavy combat and also I'd like to point buy my character and make up who I want. I do very much agree the add of some horror would be good, but more the fright of how the odds would be stacked against us than a slow burner... Slow burning 40k games have died too many deaths infront of these eyes to want to be in another one.

Muse

i lean more towards Wanderer's side of the equation.   

investigation can be very nice if carefully handle, but i like a good helping of action.

As a general rule, i favor point buy, but I can handle rolling in this system. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Ironwolf85

I shall watch with interest, not craving inquisitorial stuff at the moment but it's fun to watch.

Oddly for the first time I'm in the mood to play chaos.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

wander

I'd actually like a crack at Chaos myself tbh...

The thing with 40K is it's so much about extremes, you really need to get into that mindset and being a guy of liberty, the Imperium really does and can rub me up the wrong way... Chaos isn't much better though, being a direct opposite in extreme.

YMMV, but I think the Eldar (not the Dark Eldar though) are pretty the best of a bad bunch. Saying that, there'd be some good fun to be had in playing a Slaaneshi aligned anything or a Dark Eldar. :)

Baalborn87

ShadowFox89

Well, if I can get enough people interested.... The fact that DH2e can be intermixed with Only War means I have a lot of material to work with.

Do you guys want a more mobile campaign, or something akin to Hellsing meets Warhammer 40k? Lots of combat or lots of intrigue?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Pumpkin Seeds

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Baalborn87

I already  get enough GMing done with Darh heresy, Only war and Black crusade at my local club. sorry