Life Through a Red Fraction - Cyberpunk Merc Group Game

Started by Moxa, February 19, 2022, 02:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moxa

You make me wanna break you, no matter who you are

Violence makes a profit. That's a pretty simple truth, and with Millitech and Arasaka off fighting their own Corprate War, the market for freelancing theives, couriers, and wreckers has never been better. Cagna, a mercenary well-known throughout Night City and beyond, has for the most part worked alone, but this New(x3) Economy is giving her a chance to expand. Course, Cagna knows that most mercenaries who'd respond to just an add in the paper wouldn't be worth the bullets in their gun. So she turns to the best registry of badasses and reliable people there is - her contact list of friends with benefits. Ranging from respected co-workers with a little stress relief on the side, to 'former' cocksleeves who managed to impress the bitch enough that she'd get them some training, Cagna is gathering a diverse little group who can bring in the ebucks like rain.

The game would be set, nominally, in the Cyberpunk 2020/RED setting, partway through the Corporate War. There are some differences, and tweaks to the setting I'd be making (for example, Organised Crime still exists and you have the Mafia, Russian Mob, Triads etc). I'm not going to, for the moment, use a system, since I want to have a lot of freeform creativity with what we do. There is an overlying plot, but this is more of an exploratory concept, having a space for the characters, the themes and the settings to get loose and have some fun.

Cagna is a (somewhat crazed) mercenary who's been in the business for years, relying on chrome-enhanced strength and speed to get the job done, usually in very direct ways. She is headstrong, loud, and punk, drinking a lot of booze and taking a lot of drugs, all the while having a libido to match. By way of clarity, she has a dick. While her reputation is one of discord and violence, it is also one of effectiveness.

This game, if there's sufficient interest, would be along the aesthetic and feels of Black Lagoon, with a cyberpunk twist- hyperviolent, dealing with black and black morality, everyone is a bit of a monster vibe. "We're already the walking dead. Living and dying isn't the real issue. If you cling to being alive, you become frightened and your eyes get clouded. If you don't have that desire to begin with, you can fight on, right to the end of the world."

Due in part to this, it would sit in the extreme zone, and Cagna certainly is the sort to perform pretty out-there kinks. Having said that, it wouldn't nessecarily be a requirement for all characters to actively engage in the extreme stuff. I'm open to all sorts of characters, though I'd definitely lean more towards females and femboys over hardline masculine males. Particularly well-fitting would be other strong female fighters, submissive femboy snipers, nerdy but horny netrunners and the like.

For the sake of consistancy I'd ask for third party present tense to be our agreed style.

I'm interested to hear ideas and character concepts from people, and would encourage pretty freeform descriptions to get the ideas and themes across but I would want to know the folloing things:

Name
Role (Subby, Dommy or somewhere in between)
Speciality (in terms of combat and other skills)
Relationship with Cagna (Feel free to say what you want here, if it wouldn't fit Cags I'll let you know.)

But please do give lots more information! Replies to the thread are preferred to PMs for this so others can see and think about what they might want to do. I want to see what the interest is here before I settle on a specific number.