News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

The Golden Touch

I have 10k IP and no urge to buy another champion. Bleh.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: The Golden Touch on June 27, 2012, 12:15:27 AM
I have 10k IP and no urge to buy another champion. Bleh.

It is because you are like the old guy who never wants to try new things.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Lavinia

How is it that I've only just now realized that this thread exists? I feel like I've been missing out.

Gavlois

Quote from: Chris Brady on June 27, 2012, 12:04:07 AM
Thanks, Gav!  I have them now!

Haha no problem. Feel free to add me too. Summoner name is Magios, though I'll be playing a bit less due to those queue times while I play Diablo 3 :P

~G
O/O

Shjade

As a note, as gavlois above reminds me, I don't think we're supposed to list game screen names in areas accessible to unregistered members. >.>

Just sayin'.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Lavinia

Shjade may well have the right of it. That being said, feel free to message me for my name if you'd like to play a round or three. I play a rather mean bunch o' mages.

The Golden Touch

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 27, 2012, 12:17:22 AM
It is because you are like the old guy who never wants to try new things.

That may be true. ><;;; I suppose I should try someone soon.

Lavinia

Which champs do you prefer, Golden? Mayhaps I can suggest a few based on your current preferences.

The Golden Touch

Currently I don't stray far from Ali or Cait, and if I do is it to Morgana.

Brandon

Got to play Draven last night and I dont really like him. That ax toss ability is cool but when you have a lot of creeps or effects going on I find the marker hard to see making me miss out on a lot of damage. Then sometimes it just doesnt make sense why its landing where its landing.

Then I got to try Le Blanc, whos another champion Ive never played. In her case she seems like your pretty standard AP carry/Mage but there are better ones IMO. Not a fan of her but at least now I understand how she works
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Gavlois

Draven's axe usually falls towards where you are currently moving, so moving away from the creeps for an easier catch might be helpful. Its true though that if you miss catching the axe you lower your damage output by a lot.

One more thing. AD Carry LeBlanc is win.
O/O

SinXAzgard21

Draven just isn't a good AD carry.  The only way I've seen him do great is if he is totally fed.  He is a good harasser and ganks decently but when trying to be a graves or a trist it just doesn't end well.

Lavinia

Not seeing anything impressive from the Draven's milling about (though it IS free Draven week, so that might explain a good bit of it). Still, doubt I'll be taking him for a spin. Very few melee based champs do the trick for me. I'd much rather snipe from afar.

SinXAzgard21

I picked up nunu for the 450 ip and I think it was a good purchase haven't had a chance to use him in pvp yet but I'll probably do that sometime during the weekend.

Ryven

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 27, 2012, 05:16:38 PM
I picked up nunu for the 450 ip and I think it was a good purchase haven't had a chance to use him in pvp yet but I'll probably do that sometime during the weekend.

I like using him as a tank.  He's pretty beefy and rather annoying with his slow.  Also, his ult, when used effectively, is amazing.

I tried Draven, and I don't like his whirling blade mechanic.  It's just not for me.  I hate having to move around the battlefield randomly like that to catch my blade.  It annoys me.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ryven on June 27, 2012, 06:01:30 PM
I like using him as a tank.  He's pretty beefy and rather annoying with his slow.  Also, his ult, when used effectively, is amazing.

I tried Draven, and I don't like his whirling blade mechanic.  It's just not for me.  I hate having to move around the battlefield randomly like that to catch my blade.  It annoys me.

I go ap with a little tank thrown in for survival.

Ryven

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 27, 2012, 06:26:14 PM
I go ap with a little tank thrown in for survival.

I usually play support/tank with him.

Shjade

Draven is...how to put this...

Draven is a micromanagement-enthusiast's wet dream.

He can do pretty stellar damage, even by AD carry standards, but it requires you to have top-notch unit control in order to always place axe drops where you need them to be so you can keep up your damage output without missing axes or putting yourself either in a dangerous position or out of the fight (it's extremely easy to back up just for a second at the wrong moment and end up having your axe bounce way behind you when you're trying to chase someone, which is pretty much the end of that chase since your damage steroid is now gone). I'd say he's probably the highest skill cap AD carry at the moment for that alone; I don't have the control to use him effectively and could tell that much after just one try.

But the few instances where I did manage to get a whole string of double-axe catches with his speed steroid constantly refreshing? Christ. It felt like he had twice the items that he actually had on him. Just devastating.

I don't plan to pick him up, but I certainly plan to make sure he gets shut down hard if he shows up in any games on the other team. Fortunately that isn't difficult to do: pretty much any kind of CC at any point in time will screw him over, so as long as you have at least one displacement, slow or stun, you should be pretty much okay. Making him miss catching his axes shuts him down cold.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

The Golden Touch

Managed to get 2.3 attack speed with Caitlyn while I was running around with Sin playing NuNu. It's freaking obscene...

Ryven

Quote from: The Golden Touch on June 27, 2012, 07:41:28 PM
Managed to get 2.3 attack speed with Caitlyn while I was running around with Sin playing NuNu. It's freaking obscene...

Oh, does this mean I will possibly be playing with TGT as well? :3

The Golden Touch

Ryven

Chris Brady

I tried Orianna yesterday, she was...  Interesting.  Died less than normal, but only one champion kill with her. :P
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Ryven

Quote from: Chris Brady on June 27, 2012, 08:34:09 PM
I tried Orianna yesterday, she was...  Interesting.  Died less than normal, but only one champion kill with her. :P

I actually like her a lot.  The only thing I don't really like about her is her ult.  It lacks the earth-shattering kaboom I look for in a character.