Wild, Crazy or Romantic on set amts.

Started by celestia, September 24, 2008, 01:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celestia

Describe what you have done or would like to do as a date, that is wild, crazy or just plain romantic. Conditions: you only have $20 to work with for the two of you and it has to be realistic, no sci-fi ideas, someone has to really be able to do this date.Use your words and imaginations people ;)

MusicNeverDies

I'm not sure if this will break the $20 budget, but I don't think so. Depends where you go. Anyways.

Bake cookies/a cake/muffins together. Simple enough. But the pretext is the fun part, spend the entire day doing it, make it from scratch and go shopping together, try to start in a location with tons of food suppliers in walking distance, and buy every ingredient from a different store. You get the classic romantic walk between stores, playful banter and mischief in the store, then teasing and more playful romance when you're making it and eating it together.

Just try to make sure ONE of you can cook!

Madriv

Probably crazy, but with romantic potential.

Both parties garb up in full Victorian/steampunk costume - getting the $20 in dollar coins is a nice touch. One of you will be the time-traveling scientist; the other will be his/her assistant (it could go either way) and you have only a few hours to spend in the future. Head downtown and begin exploring all the "modern marvels." Look at everything from a different point of view - cars, buses, electric lights, strange clothes in the shops, strange food in the restaurants. See if you can get other people to play along with you; try to hire a guide for a dollar or something. Take notes in a little leatherbound book with a fountain pen. Let yourselves be amazed and scandalized together... bringing the two of you closer in the process.

Finish off with a moonlit walk in the park or tea at a sidewalk cafe or - if you're really daring and have money left over - hit a nightclub with a low cover charge. Your faux-Victorian sensibilities may never recover, but it will be a time to remember. ;)

Inkidu

Use ten of the twenty bucks to have a guy with a fake gun pretend to hold up the ice cream date and fight them off becoming her hero? I'd do it just to see if I could.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Caehlim

Quote from: Madmartigan on September 25, 2008, 10:41:40 AM
Probably crazy, but with romantic potential.

Both parties garb up in full Victorian/steampunk costume - getting the $20 in dollar coins is a nice touch. One of you will be the time-traveling scientist; the other will be his/her assistant (it could go either way) and you have only a few hours to spend in the future.

I would totally go out with you if that was what was offered.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Madriv

Quote from: Caehlim on September 25, 2008, 12:05:04 PMI would totally go out with you if that was what was offered.

Well thank you, Caehlim, I would be honored.  ;)

adventurer

Quote from: celestia on September 24, 2008, 01:38:06 PM
Describe what you have done or would like to do as a date, that is wild, crazy or just plain romantic. Conditions: you only have $20 to work with for the two of you and it has to be realistic, no sci-fi ideas, someone has to really be able to do this date.Use your words and imaginations people ;)

Wild and crazy....buying some tickets for a very much visited museum of modern arts. And having sex in a small room for personal only while visitors...are passing by very near in the near exhibition hall.

The two of us have only met some hours before..Being complete strangers...only one of the two had the money...offering the ticket for the (female or male stranger) and clearly asking/announcing what the other price would be..
"You can discover more about a person in a hour of play than in a year of conversation."
(Plato)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=21715.0

HarshReality

My date would be a woman. We would go to a thrift store. One of those places with racks and racks of all kinds of stuff. Start with women's shoes. We might very well find some really spikey things with sparkly toes for a couple of bucks. Then lingerie. A sheer camisole. Fairly sheer everything (I'm keeping this to PG-13 as stated in the guidlines). Then a skirt. Short. A blouse. Silky. Knee socks. Oops, now that we've picked out knee socks, do we want to go back to the shoes area and look for Mary Janes? And that would mean a different blouse, too. This might take all afternoon, but what fun we'll have! The $20 will take us far, and once we've checked out our stuff, it will be up to our imaginations what to do with the neckties, socks, mitts, etc.
Not Always,
Harsh