Monster Hunter (Pathfinder with some 3.5)

Started by ulthakptah, November 01, 2013, 01:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulthakptah

Quote from: Wheresmycow on November 05, 2013, 12:50:56 PM
I'm interested and thinking of making an archer fighter, to give that long range support.

One quick question though: what about special materials for weapons and armor?
those are fine

ShadowFox89

Is this still recruiting?

And can I make a warblade or dragon-fire adept?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ulthakptah

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 05, 2013, 02:22:39 PM
Is this still recruiting?

And can I make a warblade or dragon-fire adept?
Yes, this is not a first come first serve game, even then we aren't at capacity yet. Warblade is fine, but no to Dragon-fire adept.

ShadowFox89

Fair enough. Pathfinder though, yes?

I'm thinking... possibly a tengu-girl?

stats (1d12+8=18, 1d12+8=16, 1d12+8=20, 1d12+8=14, 1d12+8=19, 1d12+8=20)
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ulthakptah

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 05, 2013, 02:45:55 PM
Fair enough. Pathfinder though, yes?

I'm thinking... possibly a tengu-girl?

stats (1d12+8=18, 1d12+8=16, 1d12+8=20, 1d12+8=14, 1d12+8=19, 1d12+8=20)
Well I meant monster hunter as a hunter of monsters not a hunter who is a monster, but a tengu is fine. Also damn, you have some luck there, or you know... maybe you cheated. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4292081/ next time use the on site dice roller.

Wheresmycow

Quote from: ulthakptah on November 05, 2013, 01:17:56 PM
those are fine
Awesome.  I'm going to be an archer running around in mithral plate then.  Using the loadout you handed out.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Ghostwheel

Are you allowing 3.5 feats found in Tome of Battle?

yesiroleplay

1d8a12 Result: 19 | 1d8a12 Result: 18 | 1d8a12 Result: 19
1d8a12 Result: 17 | 1d8a12 Result: 13 | 1d8a12 Result: 19
...I

I wasn't actually going to apply, but I'd be foolish to waste those rolls....  Damn.

Edit - this game seems made for Tome of Battle.  A Crusader might be mechanically easier to convert to PF-RPG, but I see all kinds of thematic goodness in a Warblade Monster Hunter

Wheresmycow

And I'm thankful I didn't roll.  Seriously: 10, 9, 10, 18, 13, 16.  Thank god I didn't roll.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

ulthakptah

Quote from: Ghostwheel on November 05, 2013, 05:53:28 PM
Are you allowing 3.5 feats found in Tome of Battle?
I guess it depends on the feat. I don't really know Tome of Battle inside and out, so there may be some feats that are too powerful with pathfinder rules, but go ahead and I'll check to see if it's okay before approving anything.

Ghostwheel

With all the 3.5 material we're using, how do you feel about just playing straight 3.5, ulthakptah? Might be a better fit at this rate :-3

ShadowFox89

Quote from: ulthakptah on November 05, 2013, 03:16:36 PM
Well I meant monster hunter as a hunter of monsters not a hunter who is a monster, but a tengu is fine. Also damn, you have some luck there, or you know... maybe you cheated. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4292081/ next time use the on site dice roller.

The stats rolled the first time were well below the given array... But I am sorry that I tried to deceive you.  :-[

Stats rolled on the site roller were completely abysmal. 19, 13, 13, 11, 11, 11.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ulthakptah

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 06, 2013, 04:14:14 AM
The stats rolled the first time were well below the given array... But I am sorry that I tried to deceive you.  :-[

Stats rolled on the site roller were completely abysmal. 19, 13, 13, 11, 11, 11.
That is how rolling works. In a sense you are gambling. the given array is a good fit, but as you can see with yessiriroleplay there is a chance for greatness. If you are unsatisfied with you rolls you should just take the array.

Wheresmycow

Leo is mostly done.  Only have 1k gp left to play around with.  Lacking magic weapons and armour, he is still pretty badass.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

ulthakptah

Quote from: Wheresmycow on November 06, 2013, 05:56:35 PM
Leo is mostly done.  Only have 1k gp left to play around with.  Lacking magic weapons and armour, he is still pretty badass.
Just a heads up the default setting for plothooks is hidden, you need to make it public so I can see it.

Wheresmycow

My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

ulthakptah

Okay I have seen three character sheets so far. Give me a nice shout out if you are still working on yours.

Ershin

Mind if I declare interest in playing a Barbarian? If I can still apply to join, I was wondering if I could purchase a flawed scarlet and green cabochon? The main reason I ask is because it's not in any of the main books, but is technically still a thing that's official in Pathfinder since it's from Pathfinder Society. I'd just prefer DM consent before nabbing one.

Rolls weren't the best, but managable.

ulthakptah

Yep, I am all for Ioun stones of all shapes and sizes.

Ershin

Thanks Ulth!

Well, here's what I've got so far for the character, just need to get some mundane items (a backpack, some soap, change of clothes, bachelor snuff) and she's done mechanically. Maybe I should exchange her adamantine greatsword for an average one to give me a couple thousand more gold to work with on wondrous items... or exchange it for a glaive?

Appearance

avorae

This games looks like it would be interesting so i think I'll join too assuming there is still room that is.

If so here are my stat rolls: At 2013-11-09 18:13:58, avorae (uid: 14676) rolls: 6d12m8 Result: 102
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Wheresmycow

Quote from: Ershin on November 09, 2013, 06:32:51 PM
Thanks Ulth!

Well, here's what I've got so far for the character, just need to get some mundane items (a backpack, some soap, change of clothes, bachelor snuff) and she's done mechanically. Maybe I should exchange her adamantine greatsword for an average one to give me a couple thousand more gold to work with on wondrous items... or exchange it for a glaive?

Appearance
Shouldn't you be doing more damage with the greatsword?  Two-handed weapons use one and half times your strength bonus, so you should be doing +12 instead of +8 with the belt of giant strength.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Muse

Okay, I'm curious.  Is there still room here? 

If so, do you have a cleric type yet? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ulthakptah

Quote from: Muse on November 10, 2013, 10:31:18 AM
  Okay, I'm curious.  Is there still room here? 

If so, do you have a cleric type yet?
It's not first come first served, I find that is a poor way to run things. Also no full castors, so no, there is no cleric. Bard are still okay though, because they aren't very caster like in my opinion.