Pokemon game [Exotic NC, for leeway; Story>Boinking] Game Discussion. FULL

Started by Korbl, March 25, 2011, 04:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korbl

UPDATE: We're full on players, but if your interested, keep an eye on this thread, because I'll put up a notice if I need more players. However, with the amount of interest I'm getting, I did think of an idea to get some more players, but things would more likely be cameos. There are a good number of NPCs in the pokemon world, so if people want to help me by playing Jennys, Joys, or Gym leaders when they come up, then we can discuss that.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, I know that a lot of people on here are nerds like me and like pokemon. I also know we want a pokeverse RP. I also know they never get anywhere, and theorize it's because an emphasis somehow gets placed on characters rolling around in bushes... I'm not saying it's anyone's fault, it just happens. Possibly due to the fact that pokegirls are often used instead of pokemon.

So who would have an interest in a straight-ish (as in not deviating, not the orientation) pokemon rp. Probably taking place in Unova, maybe Sinnoh, or an original area if people might be interested in including the fan stuff I've been working on (though it's far from complete at the moment). Using normal pokemon and new trainers?

I've got thoughts, but lets see who's out there first.
Ons/Offs

My A&As

Find out where I've journeyed
on the Map of Human Sexuality!

Silk

Korbl

Well, I was thinking of maybe six or seven people, I've got a friend who might be interested, she just needs to do her intro to the forum. Was thinking of moderating for a group of fresh trainers, who've basically just gotten their pokemon, or are about to, though older than the 10-15 the show and game uses. If anyone wanted, I'd even allow them to play someone from our world who was brought into the pokeverse. So just a story of some trainers making their way through their journey, doing the gym thing. I've got nothing against characters hooking up, and would actually encourage it, I just don't want the rp to fall apart because of it.

That probably didn't elaborate, so do you have any specific questions?
Ons/Offs

My A&As

BlueEyedBard

Well I'm interested but sadly I fell out of the Pokemon circle after the first 151 so those are the only ones I know anything about. I'm flexible of course and willing to work with what I don't know but all of my Pokemon would have to be from the original 150.
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

Korbl

Which isn't a problem at all. I just realized I didn't mention anything about other regions. I would hope some people would be from other regions, to make it more realistic, and pokemon from those regions already occur in cross regional incidences, and would be appropriate for trainers from outside (where ever we do the rp)
Ons/Offs

My A&As

NotCarrot

I might be interested, depending on how things go. Did you have a plot in mind beyond the gym challenge?
This also reminds me that I need to beat Black so I can quit worrying about spoilers.

Korbl

I have an idea or two kicking around, but I definitely want the characters to be on the usual journey through the cities. There are a lot of implications and ideas I can play around with from Tvtropes.com. One thing I'm thinking about is the Cofagrigus ability Mummy, which changes a touched opponent's ability to Mummy, effectively starting a zombie outbreak kind of thing.
Ons/Offs

My A&As

DKDBSD

NotCarrot

Quote from: Korbl on March 26, 2011, 03:34:29 AM
One thing I'm thinking about is the Cofagrigus ability Mummy...

Oh god, they actually created something creepier than Yamask. ._.

....*sigh* Yeah, definitely signing up for this now. Apparently I'm a masochist.
* NotCarrot goes to work thinking of a way to recreate a zombie-killing shotgun in a setting which lacks advanced weaponry and gunpowder.

Spell

*Raises hand* Interested here. Have been playing Pokemon since Red, and have played all of them.
Darling,
What is going on...
Honestly that never happened,
Lying is your favorite passion...

Korbl

Quote from: NotCarrot on March 26, 2011, 02:57:06 PM
Oh god, they actually created something creepier than Yamask. ._.

....*sigh* Yeah, definitely signing up for this now. Apparently I'm a masochist.
* NotCarrot goes to work thinking of a way to recreate a zombie-killing shotgun in a setting which lacks advanced weaponry and gunpowder.
Cofagrigus is Yamask's evolved form. And there are shotguns in the pokeverse, they're uncommon, but they're there.

But, yeah, if I run this, you guys should know that I'm a person who can look through many Nightmare Fuel examples and not find them frightening at all, merely get ideas for cool stories. This may well get disturbing.
Ons/Offs

My A&As

Korbl

Ok, so that's five people, when my friend finishes her approval process thing, that'll be six players plus me moderating, and possibly throwing in a character to the group. So I think we've got enough. I'd like to start seeing any suggestions or things people want to see, and possibly some rough mock ups of characters. I'll answer any questions, which I'm sure people have, since I was very vague.
Ons/Offs

My A&As

DKDBSD

Will this be a mechanics based game or a plot and character based game?

Korbl

It'll be plot based. I have yet to really find a mechanical system that would work well for pokemon. A forum I post on was working on something, but it was never made usable.
Ons/Offs

My A&As

NotCarrot

Quote from: Korbl on March 26, 2011, 03:41:38 PM
Cofagrigus is Yamask's evolved form. And there are shotguns in the pokeverse, they're uncommon, but they're there.

But, yeah, if I run this, you guys should know that I'm a person who can look through many Nightmare Fuel examples and not find them frightening at all, merely get ideas for cool stories. This may well get disturbing.

Yeah, I looked it up on Bulbapedia to see if it was related, or if there were TWO monsters in Gen V designed to give me nightmares. I don't mind disturbing stuff in RPs, as long as it doesn't get ridiculously gory (in retrospect, my favorite storylines on the non-adult board I frequent all seem to end with my characters getting traumatized somehow).

And I figure I'll rough up a character once a few other people do, just to make sure I'm not making some sort of clone.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Korbl on March 26, 2011, 04:20:38 PM
It'll be plot based. I have yet to really find a mechanical system that would work well for pokemon. A forum I post on was working on something, but it was never made usable.

Cool the last one I was involved in was pretty much a poor mans game. Ie I would have been better off playing one of the games. XD

SargentToughie

Sounds like it could be interesting, I'm gonna go ahead and reserve a spot right now. So, how mature are you planning on it being? Is it basically going to be an RP version of the game, or is it going to be like so many other RPs around here and put a 'darker' spin on it?

EDIT: Oh, and are we allowed to pick any 'mon we want as a starter? Because if so, I call dibs on Dratini.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Silk

NotCarrot

Ditto that.

Anyone got any character concepts they're tossing around? Since it looks like there might be a Poke-Zombie Invasion as part of the plot, I was thinking of a "Professor's Daughter" type character (though possibly male, depending on what everyone else makes). Not related to any of THE Professors, but the child of a minor scientist researching, I dunno, the effects of urban expansion on Grimer and Trubbish migration. I'm thinking of not exactly a ditzy Cloudcuckoolander type for personality, but someone doesn't really want to be associated with a researcher who does something other than inventing teleportation systems. I figure he acts less smart than he is, mostly because everyone *expects* him/her to be some kind of genius because mom or dad is a scientist.

SargentToughie

I hadn't even started to think of a character. But, like you, I was planning on sitting on my character and waiting to see the genders of everybody else before coming to a decision.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Antioch

I like the idea would it be too many people if I said I want in?

Oh and If I can join......would it hurt to be a Gym leaders kid...getting their first pokemon from the leader themself? Or no.

Crovonovin

Since this is an interest check, I suppose I'll put forward my own interest!  It's looking a bit full in here already, but if there are any openings now or sometime in the future I would be more than eager to take up a spot.

Korbl

Ok, so the list of people who have shown interest:
Silk
BlueEyedBard
NotCarrot
DKDBSD
Spell
DemonWing01

Antioch, Shihong, I'm going to say that DemonWing is the last one in, as I'm hesitant about running for too many people (and my friend never finished her application for the site so her spot is vacant, then taken by him).

If something comes up, or I decide I can allow another couple players, I will post here saying so.

As for starters, I'm going to say "yes, any mon, within reason." Ideally, I think I'd like you to pick a usual starter (any gen/region), or the lowest form of a three form evolution family with a type appropriate to your city's gym. However, that's not a huge limitation, as there are plenty of three form families, and there are many more cities and gyms than shown in the anime or games or manga.

Being the kid of a gym leader is ok, but I'd like characters to be no younger than 16, so as to stave off the squickiness of anything younger being in an adult roleplay.

Understand that in my interpretation, the Pokemon League is essentially the governing body of the pokeverse, with the Elite Four being the highest level of government for their region, and the Champion being the actual head. When a new person defeats the champion, they have the option of taking his place in the government, or allowing him to continue being the champion. Most kids, when they defeat Lance or whoever, are sat down by the Elite Four, and probably whoever gave them their pokemon, and have this explained to them, and end up deciding to let the adults continue running things.
In this model, gym leaders are typically the heads of towns unless, for some reason, there's someone who commands more respect who hasn't told the town to follow the gym leader.

I'm thinking that under this model some kind of trial by fire may exist in lieu of a standard court of law. Criminals may be able to elect to have a battle with a court owned pokemon, typically something final form and high level, with the size of their own party determined by the severity of their crime (up to "no party, you fight this on your own" for the most severe). But I'm not sure about this. I'm still thinking on it.

DemonWing, this is going to be a bit darker than the games, possibly more in line with the manga (which I haven't read, but have heard is rather dark), or possibly darker than that (again, haven't read, so I can't give more than that). But, like I said, poke-zombies is a possible plot point, and I am a horror nut, to a certain extent.

NotCarrot, a professor's kid would be fine, especially for a professor more akin to Fennel than Oak and co. On the other hand, be aware that I'm vaguely considering using an idea I had that the professors are all part of a secret cult that forces them to change their names to that of a plant.... I don't know if I'll use it, and I don't really know how nefarious I'd make the cult, probably not very, seeing as how I truly respect the pursuit of knowledge.
Ons/Offs

My A&As

SargentToughie

Sweet! So, do you want us to start working on our profiles now?
Ons and offs

NotCarrot

Do you mean all the capital-P Professors from the games (Oak, Fennel, Juniper, Elm, etc) or just any notable researcher in the Pokeverse? Cause I wasn't planning on having my character be related to any of the canon characters.
Also, this is still taking place in Unova or Sinnoh, correct?

Edit: Forgot to mention, the trial-by-battle thing sounds like a cool concept.

DKDBSD

Interesting idea for the courts. Can we base out teams off of our Pokemon games? Ie minus any legendaries?

SargentToughie

I never use any ubers anyway. The only one in my Game team that comes kinda close is Alakazam. (don't you dare say he's not an uber, Ally is a broken little 'mon)
Ons and offs

DKDBSD

Quote from: DemonWing01 on April 02, 2011, 11:08:35 AM
I never use any ubers anyway. The only one in my Game team that comes kinda close is Alakazam. (don't you dare say he's not an uber, Ally is a broken little 'mon)

He's not a legendary though. XD

SargentToughie

Not all Ubers are Legendary. Uber is just a term for any 'mon that's absolutely broken to the point that it makes the game far too easy, and are as such banned from tournament play.

Examples of non legendary Ubers are as such.
- Garchomp
- Wynaut
- Wobbuffet
Ons and offs

DKDBSD

Quote from: DemonWing01 on April 02, 2011, 11:19:45 AM
Not all Ubers are Legendary. Uber is just a term for any 'mon that's absolutely broken to the point that it makes the game far too easy, and are as such banned from tournament play.

Examples of non legendary Ubers are as such.
- Garchomp
- Wynaut
- Wobbuffet

Ah well from a realism point of view that doesn't matter. As I hope we're not messing with stats.

Korbl

Quote from: NotCarrot on April 01, 2011, 10:50:21 PM
Do you mean all the capital-P Professors from the games (Oak, Fennel, Juniper, Elm, etc) or just any notable researcher in the Pokeverse? Cause I wasn't planning on having my character be related to any of the canon characters.
Also, this is still taking place in Unova or Sinnoh, correct?

Edit: Forgot to mention, the trial-by-battle thing sounds like a cool concept.

Pretty much every professor shown, regardless of whether a Pokedex making professor or crack pot idea professor, has a plant as their name. I came up with the idea just randomly off the top of my head to explain the naming convention in world.I don't know if I'll use it, but it would cover all professors.

As for location, I was waiting to see if anyone here had any preferences.

For parties, I want characters who've just started out, so you can have full parties, but make them reasonable. Like I said, normal starters, or something matching the type that the gym leader of your hometown uses, lowest form of a three form evo family. For the others in your party, low level pokemon that can be caught around the town you hail from.

We're not going to be messing with stats too much, though if something's up in the air, I might consult average stats from the games to adjudicate, but that's it. Basically, you're youngish, your pokemon are low level and unevolved, so keep things reasonable. I don't have much of a problem with your mons knowing some tm moves so long as they're tms in your home region, and there's some justification for you having them.
Ons/Offs

My A&As

SargentToughie

Does beating a Gym leader count as Justification? It's tradition that they dish out a TM every time they lose.
Ons and offs

DKDBSD

Erm I was aiming to start with a starter and an egg Pokemon. It would be linked to both my characters stories, at the same time it would be possible for the others to get egg baby Pokemon.Through the same method.

SinXAzgard21

I was going express interest in this game until I read you were not taking anymore players... I would recommenced locking this thread just to let people know that it is closed.^^
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Korbl

Changed the thread title, and put up a note.

Yeah, the first gym leader can be glossed over, or being the kid of a gym leader. Egg pokemon are fine too.
Ons/Offs

My A&As

Silk

I would've prefered a 2 teir pokemon but its not something I can't work around. But they would've just been more lower rate ones such as a Rattata or something :)

SargentToughie

Not to sound mean or anything, but why would you WANT a rattata as a starter? You could take 4 steps in the wild and run across one.
Ons and offs

Silk

SargentToughie

Ah well, I think I understand then.

Sorry about saying that, I just thought it was kinda funny that you used Rattata as a lower 2 tier 'mon.

I mean, unless said lower 'mon is a magikarp... You just don't mess with those little guys.
Ons and offs

Silk

funny thing is raticate is normally one of my strongest pokemon xD

SargentToughie

I never go with Raticate, so I really wouldn't know what kinds of untapped potential it has when trained.
Ons and offs

Silk

Its just generally a very good allrounder with really good speed and above average power. very handy for 1 turn kos with hyper fang.

SargentToughie

I'll just trust you on that and stick to my own team formula, which has worked very well for me in the past.

Seriously, in Soulsilver, I kicked Red's ass while my team was in their high 50s to low 60s.
Ons and offs

DKDBSD

I've never actually finished any of the Pokemon games fully. XD Also I just had a massive fail in Heart Gold Nuzloke challenge. Also like I said above the eggs would be available to all. I was going to make either Alex's or Trish's parents breeders. I call dibs on Azuril and Phanpy.

DKDBSD

Name:
Home Town:
Appearance:
A little about yourself:

Hows that for a bio skeleton even if it's just a quick one.

Name: Alex Crawford
Pokemon: Chikorita (Trish got dibs and she chose Cyndaquil) and a Phanpy Egg.
Home Town: ???
Appearance: http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e278/blazing_shadow_dragon/?action=view&current=aristagreyoutgreyequalsdead-1.jpg +
A little about yourself: He's the son the the towns local Pokemon breeder he's not been able to start his journey until just after his sixteenth birthday

Name: Trish Crawford (no relation kind of >.> Should I make them half siblings?)
Pokemon: Cyndaquil, and a Azurill Egg
Appearance: http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e278/blazing_shadow_dragon/?action=view&current=BunnyTrish2.jpg + http://dark-knights-dragon.deviantart.com/#/d2whb51 (The first image is a commission of Trish.)
A little about yourself: She's a violinist and for pretty much the same reason she's not been allowed to start her journey until after she turned sixteen.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Silk on April 05, 2011, 06:11:16 AM
i think we have to be 18+ for this :)

Really? XD I got the impression that sixteen was the minimum ah well eighteen's best I guess and it's easily changed.  The age in the anime is a bit silly anyways 10 (dubbed) 13 (Subbed) usually it's the other way around. XD

SargentToughie

Well then, I may as well get to work on my own character.

Name: Julian Arrowind
Appearance
Starter Pkmn: Dratini
Personality: Typically a very serious young man, he only very rarely shows is kinder qualities to those he hasn't spent enough time around to open up to. However, beneath his serious and sometimes cold exterior lives a very strong sense of justice, as well as a desire to protect the few people that he holds close to him.
Hometown: Blackthorn City
History: Being born and raised in a town where the greatest dragon tamers ever to live came from, Julian obviously had a great deal of pressure put on him growing up. He aspired in his childhood to be just as cool and collected as the legendary Lance. As he grew older, his aspirations for such things began to fade away, but his desire to become a trainer and make his home town proud never did. Before he left Blackthorn city, and the entire Johto region itself, behind, the elder of the dragon shrine bestowed the gift of a young Dratini upon him, as his starter.

He said the following words about the small creature to Julian: "Even though he will struggle to keep up with his peers now. If you give him enough time and passion, one day, he will surpass them all."

With those words in his heart, and the young Dratini in his possession, Julian left for Olivine City in order to make his way to an entirely alien continent to him. And so, his journey as a trainer began.

Ons and offs

Korbl

Quote from: DKDBSD on April 05, 2011, 06:16:28 AM
Really? XD I got the impression that sixteen was the minimum ah well eighteen's best I guess and it's easily changed.  The age in the anime is a bit silly anyways 10 (dubbed) 13 (Subbed) usually it's the other way around. XD
I set 16 as the limit. It's... legal... enough. Especially given that these are fictional characters on the internet and it actually is the legal age of consent in some states and quite a few countries. (...what? ...I watch Bullshit....)
Ons/Offs

My A&As

DKDBSD

Quote from: Korbl on April 06, 2011, 12:55:43 AM
I set 16 as the limit. It's... legal... enough. Especially given that these are fictional characters on the internet and it actually is the legal age of consent in some states and quite a few countries. (...what? ...I watch Bullshit....)

I see well that'd be better because I think 14- 16 is probably the most logical starting point for that journey. Frustrated people would have just run away by that point and unless they have a reason holdingthem back I don't think many would stay back eight years. Or five years if you go by thirteen being the minimum age.

Korbl

right. 16 is old enough to not be squicky for mature topics, but young enough that it's reasonable for them to just be starting out their journeys.
Ons/Offs

My A&As

DKDBSD

Quote from: Korbl on April 07, 2011, 12:15:02 AM
right. 16 is old enough to not be squicky for mature topics, but young enough that it's reasonable for them to just be starting out their journeys.

Ok awesome.

DKDBSD

NotCarrot

Name: Cameron Webster
Pokemon:
Sandile
Egg (Wurmple)
Home Town: Castelia City

Appearance:
Height: 5' 4"
Build: Stocky, Athletic
Hair: Dark Blond
Eyes: Green
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Skin Tone: Light Tan
Face: Squarish

A little about yourself:
Cameron's parents are both minor researchers for the Battle Company, tracking the migrations of various bird Pokemon across the world to determine how they're affected by human expansion and major Pokemon battles. This is a fact Cameron covers up as much as possible, not out of shame per se, but because everyone that hears about it assumes that all Pokemon Researches are on par with the famous Professors, and watching faces glaze over when explaining the lack of teleporters and supercomputers got to be too much.

As a child, Cameron often sneaked out of the city, exploring the sandy area at the start of Route 4. This was kept secret as much as possible from his parents, who considered going outside the city too dangerous. Cameron rebelled in small ways, culminating in the befriending and capture of a young Sandile outside the city gates. His parents tried to encourage him to follow other paths that would allow him to be close to Pokemon without the risks of battle, such as the Pokeathelon or the Contests of the Johto and Sinnoh regions, but Cameron was adamantly committed to proving that the best way to raise Pokemon was not in a lab, but to travel and struggle along side them.

His parents eventually relented and allowed him to leave on his journey, his father gave him an egg he had received as a gift on one of his research trips. Wurmple, a bug type, in honor of Castelia's gym.

((Tried to keep the profile as gender-neutral as possible, as I'll base the final decision on everyone else's characters. For now though, Cameron is male.))

DKDBSD

Sounds like
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Revan in KOTOR
(not the bio) just because of his gender.

NotCarrot

I've never played
KOTOR
so I couldn't comment beyond assuring you that any similarities are completely coincidental.

DKDBSD

Quote from: NotCarrot on April 09, 2011, 05:41:47 PM
I've never played
KOTOR
so I couldn't comment beyond assuring you that any similarities are completely coincidental.
XD I was only referring to the gender ambiguity

NotCarrot

Silk

Still doing the finishing touches on my char, been pretty busy lat few days with people going ill from work

DKDBSD

This is a bit of an obvious point but maybe we should put into the game aversion of face book into the world. It seems silly but considering how many trainers ask for your number in the most recent games it seems fitting.

Korbl

Yes, there can be a pokebook accessible from smartphone type pokegear.

Sorry for the brief disappearance, I was swallowed up by work and class for a few days. I'll try and get something started up around tuesday, as I have spring break this coming week.
Ons/Offs

My A&As

Laughing Hyena

SargentToughie

Um, I hate to pester, but is there any chance that we'll be starting soon?
Ons and offs

DKDBSD

DKDBSD

Well I want to rp this so I'll wait I guess to show were still willing maybe we should discuss ideas?

SargentToughie

Ons and offs

DKDBSD

SargentToughie

Huh... well.

I can't really think of anything right off the top of my head. Then again, I don't know enough about anybody else's characters.
Ons and offs

Korbl

Yeah, sorry guys, it kind of slipped my mind, let me take a more comprehensive look over all your characters and see if I can get this started.

edit: ...ok, I've got three out of six posters with characters posted... lemme message the other three and see what's going on.
Ons/Offs

My A&As

DKDBSD

Erm Well here's an idea if we're in our own region what are we going to do about Gym Leaders? I have an idea for a badge.

SargentToughie

Ons and offs

Korbl

I'm just going to go with Unova, but there's always room for more gym leaders
Ons/Offs

My A&As

SargentToughie

dammit, now I need to put down my PS3 and start playing white again.
Ons and offs

DKDBSD

Quote from: Korbl on April 23, 2011, 03:54:34 PM
I'm just going to go with Unova, but there's always room for more gym leaders

Oh Ok an original region would be more fun. Less limiting as well though that's my opinion. But yeah the badge I had was the "Swift Badge" it's a fighting  and "Blade" gym and is run by the Tsukiya family who would also teach sword arts. Kendo, Iaido etc etc.

SargentToughie

I would so call dibs on the fire and psychic gyms, I have a pair of girls in my character catalog that would fit those requirements perfectly.
Ons and offs

Korbl

Good idea, I can put the fighting gym in. Regions have more cities than what are shown in the games, so it's not a problem.
Ons/Offs

My A&As

DKDBSD

Quote from: Korbl on April 23, 2011, 04:05:06 PM
Good idea, I can put the fighting gym in. Regions have more cities than what are shown in the games, so it's not a problem.

I figure it's worth seeing what people want Region wise though but have Unova as a back up. But I think I'm biased I mostly like the Kanto and Johto Pokemon. XD

SargentToughie

My biggest issue the same as DKDBSD, we'll be handcuffed to Unova pokemon.
Ons and offs

NotCarrot

I'd be okay with Unova or an original region -- and I wouldn't see a problem with making Pokemon from every region available, even in Unova. That's a pretty minor thing, and no RP's gonna be 100% canon anyway.

Korbl

Quote from: NotCarrot on April 23, 2011, 08:23:39 PM
I'd be okay with Unova or an original region -- and I wouldn't see a problem with making Pokemon from every region available, even in Unova. That's a pretty minor thing, and no RP's gonna be 100% canon anyway.
This, pretty much. Also I did ask which region, and no one gave an opinion, so I decided.
Ons/Offs

My A&As

DKDBSD

Quote from: Korbl on April 24, 2011, 02:26:48 PM
This, pretty much. Also I did ask which region, and no one gave an opinion, so I decided.

I must have missed that. XD

Korbl

I guess everyone did. Alright, so I know DKDBSD wants a a custom, what do other people want? I'd like to just go with an existing and tweak it, because I'm going to have finals and stuff coming up, along with other things happening, but what do people want?
Ons/Offs

My A&As

SargentToughie

If I'm allowed to have 'mons from outside the region of choice, I can roll with anything.
Ons and offs

Korbl

Quote from: DemonWing01 on April 24, 2011, 03:40:43 PM
If I'm allowed to have 'mons from outside the region of choice, I can roll with anything.
Which I always said was not a problem.
Ons/Offs

My A&As

DKDBSD

Quote from: Korbl on April 24, 2011, 03:44:18 PM
Which I always said was not a problem.
I guess I'm pretty much the same we just have more freedom with an original setting.

SargentToughie

... *poke, poke*

Hello? Anybody home? I'm about to call in the necromancers if we wait for too much longer.
Ons and offs

Korbl

Quote from: DemonWing01 on May 01, 2011, 07:00:47 PM
... *poke, poke*

Hello? Anybody home? I'm about to call in the necromancers if we wait for too much longer.
I've been waiting for character sheets from the other interested parties. But I've only gotten Silk's, so I think we may need to just forge on with a fewer number of players, sound good?
Ons/Offs

My A&As

DKDBSD

Quote from: Korbl on May 02, 2011, 01:58:01 AM
I've been waiting for character sheets from the other interested parties. But I've only gotten Silk's, so I think we may need to just forge on with a fewer number of players, sound good?

Sounds good.

SargentToughie

I actually prefer smaller party sizes, there's a lot more flexibility for those few people to set up very awesome scenes without stepping on anybody's toes.
Ons and offs

DKDBSD

SargentToughie

Yeah, everybody but the one that matters... Har.

oh, and Krobl, I can tell you this from experience, on this website, don't expect EVERYBODY that expresses interest to end up saying anything. Every time I try to kick up an RP, I get like 10 people saying that they want in, and about 3 that actually ever get in characters. I can vouch for DKD and Silk, they're both consistent posters, so I think that this is about as good as we're going to get.

EDIT: oh, and one more thing. I was kicking around the idea of starting up a prologue thread for this RP on an SS ship from the other regions. That way, our characters that aren't Unova locals can get to know one another without directly impacting the story. Whenever you're ready to start the RP, you could just have the ship dock at Unova's port city... I haven't played enough of white to know what town it is yet.

Approve? Disapprove?
Ons and offs

Korbl

Quote from: DemonWing01 on May 02, 2011, 09:07:58 AM
Yeah, everybody but the one that matters... Har.

oh, and Krobl, I can tell you this from experience, on this website, don't expect EVERYBODY that expresses interest to end up saying anything. Every time I try to kick up an RP, I get like 10 people saying that they want in, and about 3 that actually ever get in characters. I can vouch for DKD and Silk, they're both consistent posters, so I think that this is about as good as we're going to get.

EDIT: oh, and one more thing. I was kicking around the idea of starting up a prologue thread for this RP on an SS ship from the other regions. That way, our characters that aren't Unova locals can get to know one another without directly impacting the story. Whenever you're ready to start the RP, you could just have the ship dock at Unova's port city... I haven't played enough of white to know what town it is yet.

Approve? Disapprove?
Sure, sounds good, it'll let you guys integrate and keep you occupied over my usually busy monday and tuesday.
Ons/Offs

My A&As

DKDBSD

Quote from: Korbl on May 02, 2011, 10:58:12 AM
Sure, sounds good, it'll let you guys integrate and keep you occupied over my usually busy monday and tuesday.

Sounds good. How many pokeman  shalt we start off with?

Laughing Hyena

SargentToughie

Quote from: DKDBSD on May 02, 2011, 11:25:14 AM
Sounds good. How many pokeman  shalt we start off with?

I'm going to go ahead and assume 1, though Korbl is the GM, not me. He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he wants us to only begin with our starter. If you want to catch one early on, or negotiate getting one in the prologue, that MAY be fine, but I'd clear it with the GM first, he's the one calling the shots.

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on May 02, 2011, 12:18:42 PM
If people do drop out let me know for I would show interest.

I think that the GM actually did have a few people drop out, if you want in. I'm not the one making the decision, but if I were, I'd just go ahead and say that you were in. Still, best see what Korbl has to say first, I'm fairly certain he'll let you in though.
Ons and offs

DKDBSD

Quote from: DemonWing01 on May 02, 2011, 12:43:03 PM

I'm going to go ahead and assume 1, though Korbl is the GM, not me. He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he wants us to only begin with our starter. If you want to catch one early on, or negotiate getting one in the prologue, that MAY be fine, but I'd clear it with the GM first, he's the one calling the shots.

I think that the GM actually did have a few people drop out, if you want in. I'm not the one making the decision, but if I were, I'd just go ahead and say that you were in. Still, best see what Korbl has to say first, I'm fairly certain he'll let you in though.

Well I already mentioned the egg thing. I'll say their new eggs so it'll take them awhile to hatch.

SargentToughie

Ons and offs

Laughing Hyena

DKDBSD

Laughing Hyena

Name: Anthony Oakland
Pokemon: Eevee
Home Town:
A little about yourself: Anthony Oakland always was a slow procrastinator willing to take his time and explore his options before rushing into something he would have to commit to. As such he didn't get his trainer's license until he was seventeen. He enjoys the outdoors and enjoys the trainer battles so it was a natural fit. His pokemon Eevee was actually rescued from a Poke'mon Center which tends to unwanted or abused Poke'mon. When he was ready to become a trainer Eevee came along with him wanting to be by Anthony's side.

Appearance

Korbl

Yes, your character is fine Silk.

2 pokemon to start with sounds good, starter and an early catch.

Laughing Hyena, you're in. Demon Wings, if you haven't already, go ahead and start the cruise IC chat thread, and I should be able to drop in now and then today and tomorrow, and should be able to get something actually up and running by Thursday (Have an article to write Wednesday).
Ons/Offs

My A&As

Silk

Cool, I'll post her up here with the others.

Name:Anna Cartwright
Pokemon: Eeve
Rattata
Home Town: Viridian city
Appearance:
A little about yourself: As the daughter of a family of dedicated to breeding Eeve's Lizzi never really thought about becoming a trainer and instead was training to being a pokemon breeder specialising in eeve's and keeping up the family buisness. However in the last year or two, buisness has been slow, so instead they came up with a new idea, they would have Lizzi travel the towns, exposing the Eeve's to the world, allowing them to become much stronger and eventually evolve. As new eeve's were bred, they would send them to Lizzi where she would take care of them and teach them. Agreeing, Lizzi set out with her own Rattata and an Eeve to begin her adventure.

SargentToughie

Silk, just a little OCD thing of mine, Eevee is spelled with two Es at the end.

I'm going to edit in a link to the cruise liner.
Ons and offs

Silk

And as a little bad spelling of mine :P it'll prolly change several times throughout the story.

DKDBSD

Edited bios Note I didn't draw the descent images. XD Though they are commissions of my actual characters.

Name: Alex Crawford
Pokemon: Chikorita (Trish got dibs and she chose Cyndaquil) and a Phanpy Egg.
Appearance: http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e278/blazing_shadow_dragon/?action=view&current=aristagreyoutgreyequalsdead-1.jpg +
A little about yourself: He's the son the the towns local Pokemon breeder he's not been able to start his journey until just after his sixteenth birthday

Name: Trish Crawford (no relation kind of >.> Should I make them half siblings?)
Pokemon: Cyndaquil, and a Azurill Egg
Appearance: http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e278/blazing_shadow_dragon/?action=view&current=BunnyTrish2.jpg + http://dark-knights-dragon.deviantart.com/#/d2whb51 (The first image is a commission of Trish.)
A little about yourself: She's a violinist and for pretty much the same reason she's not been allowed to start her journey until after she turned sixteen.

SargentToughie

Prologue thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=105635.0

I didn't know what the name of the RP was, so I just tossed something simple up... I suppose I'll go dig up my sheet for safety's sake.

Name: Julian Arrowind
Appearance
Starter Pkmn: Dratini
Personality: Typically a very serious young man, he only very rarely shows is kinder qualities to those he hasn't spent enough time around to open up to. However, beneath his serious and sometimes cold exterior lives a very strong sense of justice, as well as a desire to protect the few people that he holds close to him.
Hometown: Blackthorn City
History: Being born and raised in a town where the greatest dragon tamers ever to live came from, Julian obviously had a great deal of pressure put on him growing up. He aspired in his childhood to be just as cool and collected as the legendary Lance. As he grew older, his aspirations for such things began to fade away, but his desire to become a trainer and make his home town proud never did. Before he left Blackthorn city, and the entire Johto region itself, behind, the elder of the dragon shrine bestowed the gift of a young Dratini upon him, as his starter.

He said the following words about the small creature to Julian: "Even though he will struggle to keep up with his peers now. If you give him enough time and passion, one day, he will surpass them all."

With those words in his heart, and the young Dratini in his possession, Julian left for Olivine City in order to make his way to an entirely alien continent to him. And so, his journey as a trainer began.
Ons and offs

NotCarrot

Reposting this, cause it's what all the cool kids are doing. Updated a bit, made her a girl. I'll join in once the game proper starts, since she's *from* Unova, so not much reason for her to be on a ship heading there.

Name: Cameron Webster
Pokemon:
Sandile
Egg (Wurmple)
Home Town: Castelia City

Appearance:
Height: 5' 4"
Build: Stocky, Athletic
Hair: Dark Blond
Eyes: Green
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Skin Tone: Light Tan
Face: Squarish

A little about yourself:
Cameron's parents are both minor researchers for the Battle Company, tracking the migrations of various bird Pokemon across the world to determine how they're affected by human expansion and major Pokemon battles. This is a fact Cameron covers up as much as possible, not out of shame per se, but because everyone that hears about it assumes that all Pokemon Researches are on par with the famous Professors, and watching faces glaze over when explaining the lack of teleporters and supercomputers got to be too much.

As a child, Cameron often sneaked out of the city, exploring the sandy area at the start of Route 4. This was kept secret as much as possible from his parents, who considered going outside the city too dangerous. Cameron rebelled in small ways, culminating in the befriending and capture of a young Sandile outside the city gates. Her parents tried to encourage him to follow other paths that would allow him to be close to Pokemon without the risks of battle, such as the Pokeathelon or the Contests of the Johto and Sinnoh regions, but Cameron was adamantly committed to proving that the best way to raise Pokemon was not in a lab, but to travel and struggle along side them.

Her parents eventually relented and allowed her to leave on her journey, her father gave her an egg he had received as a gift on one of his research trips -- Wurmple, a bug type, in honor of Castelia's gym.

SargentToughie

Ons and offs

DKDBSD

Ironwolf85

Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Korbl

Yes, this has driven home for me the insanity of trying to start a game during a school semester, I'll be done by Tuesday, anyone who wants to cut their losses before then, no hard feelings. Sorry guys.
Ons/Offs

My A&As

SargentToughie

Ah, it's no big deal, I just figured I'd inquire as to what was going on, as shocking as it may sound, I've actually seen a few GMs cut their RPs without letting the rest of us know.
Ons and offs

Korbl

Ah, yeah, I wouldn't do that, it's just that I kind of forget about it when I do have a few moments, and mostly remember when I'm tired or busy.
Ons/Offs

My A&As

Ironwolf85

sorry about that, I just wanted to get this thing moving, i thought people might respond if I said somthing random
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

DKDBSD

I think if possible we should get the game rolling soon. I really can't find much inspiration for the prologue.