Seeking Exalted GM for solo play of F DB char

Started by Rook Seidhr, January 02, 2015, 04:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rook Seidhr

tl;dr: I have this female Dragon-Blooded character I want to play in a solo IM game of Exalted but no one to GM for me.

About a year ago I created a Dynast character for an Exalted Dragon-Blooded game on another site. The idea was that a bunch of DBs who mostly didn't know each other were going to An-Teng and would meet up by coincidence and have adventures. It died after a dozen IC posts, but I had fallen in love with my character. You know how it is.

I want someone to run a game for me via IM. Could be AIM, YIM, Gtalk or Skype. I'm in US EST, but I'm on at varying hours of day and night and can probably arrange to be on simultaneously with you at least a couple days a week no matter what your time zone is.

The game doesn't have to take place in An-Teng; it could be set anywhere the Realm's influence reaches. I don't like combat-heavy games, and I'm not in it for explicit sexytiems, though sexuality can and should be an element of the story. I don't want to free-form it completely, but we don't have to roll dice for every little thing if you prefer to loosen it up. I just like the dots on my character sheet to mean something. I also prefer a high degree of freedom of PC action in response to plot events—you need to be able to react to what I'm doing more than you throw predetermined events at me.

My character is not a brand-new Exalt; she's in her thirties and has about 100 XP (depending on how you price background dots). She's old enough to be getting married, and it might be an interesting subplot to have her get to know her arranged husband and possibly fall in love.

One potential problem is that I know the canonical Exalted setting inside and out. I have every book and have GM'd First and Second Editions for years. I would like to stick close to canon; the game could be set in a kingdom you make up, but when major places and characters show up, I want them to be similar to what they are in the books, unless there's a plot reason for them to be different. That means that you have to be an expert too, or we have to come to some innovative solution that eludes me.

Also, I think Infernal Exalted are pure cheese, though their Charm trees are brilliant. If you cherish them and hold them close to your heart, we probably have different approaches to Exalted.

PM me if you want to do this thing. Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.

Rook Seidhr

one more bump before I regretfully consign this idea to the dust heap of history

Zeth

Dragon Bloods are team players, so A solo dragon blood would be tough. You got a companion or something for your character?