Need help to make a home business??

Started by Sophyta, August 08, 2010, 03:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophyta

Ok, folks.  Sorry if there is another place with links and such elsewhere.  I was just wondering if there is any legitimate business that don't take alot of money for a home based business.

I would like to do this in my spare time.  I was just wondering if there is any out there.

Thanks.
I am what Nightmares are made of.....

Oniya

How handy are you?  Yardwork is usually in demand (cleaning gutters, raking leaves, mowing yards), as are maintenance-style jobs (painting, putting up shelves).  These are things that even little ol' me can do, and you probably have all the equipment, or can get it reasonably easily.  Stay away from plumbing and electric unless you really know what you're doing.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sophyta

I'm somewhat handy but I have lots of old equipment.  I could look into getting new stuff.  Thanks.

Oniya

Tutoring (if you have a subject you're good at, and a place to have sessions) would also be a low-to-no startup business, especially with school starting.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sophyta

Ket

Start by contacting your city's Chamber of Commerce and talk to them about small business. Depending on what you are planning to do, there can be licenses, insurance, and bonding involved.

Good luck!
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Sophyta

Yes, I know.  I was just wondering to get a good one or an idea.  Thanks.

Oreo

There is also child care and house sitting. Take very little in the way of equipment.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Sophyta