Vekseid

Greenthorn

Marguerite

*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Diabolus Lupus

I'm curious if the driver took his stupid pills that day.

Inkidu

Might as well have gotten him good and drunk. At least he would have had some booze. -,-
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Kip

Saw that on the news over here in Aus a day or two ago - how stupid is he?

*sighs*

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

The Overlord

This is why I believe there should be a total ban on cells if you're the driver. With the exception of emergency calls, otherwise, cause an accident phoning or texting, and it's automatically your fault, and you assume ALL fault and costs. Fines for getting caught need to start steep and go steeper.

Why? This guy's not alone. I see this sort of thing all the time...thankfully most of them don't end like this.

Inkidu

Quote from: The Overlord on May 01, 2009, 07:55:35 AM
This is why I believe there should be a total ban on cells if you're the driver. With the exception of emergency calls, otherwise, cause an accident phoning or texting, and it's automatically your fault, and you assume ALL fault and costs. Fines for getting caught need to start steep and go steeper.

Why? This guy's not alone. I see this sort of thing all the time...thankfully most of them don't end like this.
I don't know we still don't do much in terms of (C)rapper  wannabes who blast their music out of their car so loud I can hear it four car lengths back. You know they can't hear and are obviously distracted. It always makes me smile because there's a four-thousand-dollar stereo system in a one-thousand-dollar piece of crap. :D
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Trieste

Quote from: The Overlord on May 01, 2009, 07:55:35 AM

Blah blah blah ... This is nothing against you, OL, as I can understand why people feel this way. However, I'm tired of hearing this. The way the media has it, you'll believe that all crashes are caused by those crazy, text-addicted people, and not anybody ever doing something stupid and low-tech like putting on makeup, eating a burger, or reaching for something in the passenger seat. Taking away cell phones will not solve the problem, and those of us who kill time while waiting at long-ass stoplights by reading and sending text messages - and who make damn sure to put the phone away before taking their foot off the brake - will be just as annoyed at being lumped in with stupid people as you would be if you were lumped in with extreme Star Wars junkies. Seriously.

Edit: I should reiterate that this guy, here? He's an idiot. Not everyone with a cell phone is, however.

Oniya

Yesterday, I had to laugh at someone I saw - we were caravaning (it's a word, dammit!) down to the fair, doing the speed limit and this guy got between the lead car (which I was a passenger in) and my mother-in-law's car.  He's riding our bumper and tapping his horn - there's a car to our right, so we can't move for him.  Finally, he passes us on the right (bad habit!) and I saw he was talking on his cell.  Not texting, not a hands-free model, but a regular, hold it to your ear cell phone. 

We watched in disbelief as he proceeded to weave his way through otherwise light, smoothly moving traffic.  Once he was out of sight, the driver and I shook our heads - she gave the possible rationale that he was on his way to an emergency, and I suggested he might have been late to his Type A Anonymous meeting.  I was half-hoping to find him pulled over by the cops.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Aiden

Inkidu

A particularly old VG Cats that says it all quite nicely.