Fallout: Oahu (Extreme, Recruiting!)

Started by Inerrant Lust, June 08, 2014, 11:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GloomCookie

According to the Fallout Wiki, Vault 101 was put together with the idea that there would be an all-powerful, dictator like figure who used force to ensure he remained Overseer.  Something that always bothered me, though, was that if the experiments were meant to go on for so long, what kept the new Overseers from changing the plans?  Or even giving them incentive to stick to the original?

And hi Juggtacular! 
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

Garuss Vakarian

Juggtacular

Hellooooooooooooooo.

And not necessarily an NCR Ranger(even though their armor is awesome), but a Ranger-esque character. Like a lone wolf, solitary, very good at what he does type of guy. But he might get a duster because as I said, the armor is awesome.

Garuss Vakarian

Linna: Sorry, I didnt notice you answered my question! I see. Well, perhaps the incentive comes from this. Maybe the way their life works makes it so that people have empowerment issues? They want to be in charge! They want people to listen to them! So, people want to be the overseer. Like for example, the Tunnel Snakes. The very reason those three made their gang, is based souly upon their desire to be in charge. They bullied even. Which in and of it'self is a sign of a persons need to be in charge. If there was animals, I bet kid's would abuse them, and kill them while they are helpless. Which is a sign of a serial killer's search for empowerment. Wait.....

OH MY GOOoooood! The main character is a sociopath!

I see, well. I already started making my Ghoul sort of a scout character. But, he is not a ranger or anything near it, so dont worry. Just mentioning it, so they can have unique skill's different from each other. (My ghoul is more of a Bartering and speech guy, who is into the survival skill and has a lot of luck. And great perception.)

GloomCookie

Actually the Radroaches are a serious threat not only to the health of the Vault's denizens but it also wants to eat the food stocks.  So in this case, it's a necessary thing to kill the radroaches when they get in, especially as we see later on a bunch of them eating on the corpse of a security officer they killed.  They'll fucking murder you!

Jugg, I can see where you're coming from.  Rangers are usually shown to be outdoors types, often hunters, though given the islands of Hawaii, either he's a good fisherman, or there are large critters that would be delicious when served with tomato and basil.
My DeviantArt

Garuss Vakarian

Lol, Linna. Hath thou failed to see my humor? ^^ I was joking in the end there.  I know how evil rad roaches are, hell they made my ex squeel and run out of the room when she played F3. ;)

Juggtacular

Worst thing in F3 and New Vegas is when you're walking, and a Death Claw sees you from about 15 miles away, and then sprints over in 4 seconds and uppercuts you in the face.

Garuss Vakarian

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=206048.msg10117541#msg10117541

Finished him.

Jugg: Lol. I can not count how many times I randomly get hit by a deathclaw. Or, mirelurk's since I un knowingly run into a nest. >_< Not fair lol.

Inerrant Lust

I enjoyed the first and second games, though... damn, they were hard!

I like Jake. Even though this won't be system, I like having a rough sense of his TAG skills and SPECIAL attributes. :P

I am really considering modding New Vegas again with all the new sexout mods...  ::) I also liked the clothing replacers and general atmospheric things that added to the immersion of the world. Though I liked some of the mods that sexed up the outfits, I also liked the ones that kept some degree the realism (Zipped-down vault suit- yes... thong leather armor? Noooooooo.)

In any event, do we have any more details on the other characters other than Jake and Violet now?

Juggtacular

I'm gonna be working on mine throughout the day. It'll be up later on.

johnnyboyboy

Still Recruiting ? It looks interesting :3
Just some quotes.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.”

"As time goes on, and our paths continue to unfold  though I do not know what will happen, whether we  continue together through life, all that I ask of you is that you remember me."
On/offs https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=205898.0

Glitch

I'm thinking a raider. A strung out, cannibalistic, axe murdering raider. Looking for a way to crack open that vault like a tasty nut. And willing to pretend nice for a way in. Thoughts?
Nature did not teach you to fail. Society did.

Belisuavious

I'm interested as well.

I always thought that 101 was one of the few control vaults that got made up along with all the other experiments. Vault-Tec might be crazy but they are scientists who follow a process.

Anathanasia

I've settled on doing something more like an engineer/mechanic. She'll be an attractive young woman from the vault in question, volounteering for this little exploratory mission just because it'll get her out of the vault!

She may come to regret that... ;)

I'll do up some more info and something at least remotely resembling a real write up withing the next 24 hours or so.
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

GloomCookie

Still alive, still interested, just been busy.
My DeviantArt

Glitch

Is it common for things to move at a rate of one post every couple days here?

Inerrant Lust

I'll need more information about your characters before I can figure out who to go with.

And yes, generally- I can manage a post a day in group games but I also tend to wait for everyone to have a say if they're involved in the same scene. In solo-games/scenes, I sometimes do a couple back-to-back if the other person is around and willing to do the same.

johnnyboyboy

I planned on being the doctor/scientist of a town maybe ?, Like the first town they come across (being if its populated) I would be a medical doctor/scientist who helps people for free as the town provides the medical supplies.
Just some quotes.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.”

"As time goes on, and our paths continue to unfold  though I do not know what will happen, whether we  continue together through life, all that I ask of you is that you remember me."
On/offs https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=205898.0

Glitch

Very well, I'll start working on something a little more cohesive when I get off work. How lengthy are we thinking for the character sheets?

Anathanasia

Sorry for the delay in this reply.

I've decided I'm going to back out, my apologies. I'm just really stuck on my search for a system game right now, especially if there's a whole group involved. I just can't shake my unease of doing something like this game without a way to measure and quantify our characters and what they can do.

What can I say? Numbers relax me!

Good luck with it guys, it does look like it could be awesome. :)
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

Sheng

Hey there, this interests me plenty.
I was thinking of creating a male living on the outside. Not visibly mutated ala: Junktown, Megaton and New Vegas. (Psychological, and non visible is still very much so something that can happen)
He'd very likely have belonged to a gang for some time, only to leave it for some more stable life in one of the small settlements, or something along those lines.
He'd be topping on the strength, Agility and perception charts (8-ish on the SPECIAL) but lacking a bit in the other areas as a result. He'd be a survivalist, who knows his way around the everyday dangers you can kill, and the everyday dangers that will kill you. His primary choice of weapon is small guns, although he has fired energy weapons on a rare occasion.

Over all, I'm checking if there's still room for what I was thinking of adding.
If there's room and interest, I'll get to writing a character sheet right away.
This is my signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.
Sheng's o/o

GloomCookie

Are we still gonna do this? Or has it started and no one told me?
My DeviantArt

Green Goo Theory

Tentatively interested depending on how many more people can be included.  My character concept would definitely need some discussion though.
Coming soon...

Glitch

Bump bump bump it up. How many people are we going to want for this? I'm still very much interested.

Inerrant Lust

I am still mulling it over. I want to be absolutely assured that these things will work out before I even start and frankly, I'm not quite yet convinced. :P

Though I suppose I can start it with just two other players..