News:

Main Menu

Favorite Comedian~ ?

Started by Envious Dreamer, August 04, 2011, 09:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shjade

Quote from: LunarSage on August 06, 2011, 07:59:38 PM
*chuckles*  Well let's see... I considered myself somewhat of a connoisseur of stand up comedy in the late 80s to late 90s and I have no flippin' clue who the following people are: 

Billy Connolly
Lewis Black
John Pinette
Greg Giraldo
Bill Bailey
Michael McIntyre
Russell Howard
Omid Djalili
Shappi Khorsandi
Steve Hughes
Bill Hicks
Dylan Moran
Kevin Hart
Pablo Francisco
Dr Ken Jeong
Dat Phan
Elvira Kurt
Mitch Hedberg
Ahmed Ahmed
Lee Evans

Youtube can help with some of these.

comedy central present mitch hedberg part 1 This is Mitch Heberg, though only audio. Fortunately he's not at all an animated comedian so not having the visual isn't really missing out. Died some years back.

Lewis Black on Broadway talking about how America ISN'T #1 And this is Lewis Black. He shows up on the Daily Show in guest segments now and then, among other things.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Lilias

To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Malefique

Everything is true.  God's an astronaut.  Oz is over the rainbow, and Midian is where the monsters live.

Miyu

coolhands

That's a tough question.  For me i would say my top favorites are Ron White, Robin Williams, and John Pinette.

Syauglan

Ricky Gervais in general inc. Karl Pilkington "head like a fucking orange", Graham Linehan - his great TV shows, Bill Bailey, the legend Bill Hicks, David Mitchell - especially in Peep Show and Stewart Lee when he is at his best.

Stewart Lee on Scotland

Krysia

If you've got 45 minutes to spare that's ALL of Russle Peter's comedy show. :D

Russle Peter Video

And I've yet to see Tim Allen listed up here! Yes he was awesome when he does stand up!

Krysia

Here is another good one. Love the fact he's Asian with a southern accent.

Henry Cho - What's That Clickin' Noise? (Video)

Alice Wonder

My favorite comedian is Sarah Silverman. I absolutely love how blunt and irreverent she is.
A close second is Bill Cosby, interestingly for the opposite reason - that man knows how to be hilariously funny without needing to resort to crudeness, and sometimes, that is exactly what the doctor ordered.
I enjoy criticism on my stories - either way: The Student (explicit Femdom)

AmericanAngel

OH MAH GAWD

Jeff Dunham! <33
Just about 99% of the population masturbates while the other 1% lie about it.

Oniya

Quote from: Alice Wonder on August 14, 2011, 05:52:24 AM
A close second is Bill Cosby, interestingly for the opposite reason - that man knows how to be hilariously funny without needing to resort to crudeness, and sometimes, that is exactly what the doctor ordered.

I think if I ever saw Cosby swear, I'd have a complete mental disconnect.  You'd find me huddled in the corner, nursing a box of Jello Pudding Pops.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Kuroneko

Eddie Izzard, Stephen Colbert, Ellen Degeneres, George Carlin, Jon Stewart, Gabriel Iglesias, Rowan Atkinson, Monty Python, Fry and Laurie.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Type70item

I would say its a tie between Robin Williams and Eddie Izzard

yobo

Bill Hicks, no question about that one. He died way too young.  :-(

Torch

Quote from: Oniya on August 18, 2011, 09:13:53 PM
I think if I ever saw Cosby swear, I'd have a complete mental disconnect.  You'd find me huddled in the corner, nursing a box of Jello Pudding Pops.

Does the routine where he says he grew up thinking his name is "Dammit", and his brother Russell's name is "Jesus Christ", count as swearing? :-)
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

Torch

No love for Eddie Murphy?  :-(

"Your wife's a Bigfoot, isn't she Gus?"
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

Oniya

Quote from: Torch on December 08, 2011, 05:21:49 PM
Does the routine where he says he grew up thinking his name is "Dammit", and his brother Russell's name is "Jesus Christ", count as swearing? :-)

Nope.  Even in my parents' house, that wasn't considered 'swearing'.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

LadySouvaire

So many good comedians to choose from...I'd say mine are:

Richard Pryor
George Carlin
Bill Cosby
Eddie Izzard
Aziz Ansari
8D

Aemirys

-slaps a bookmark on this thread-

Too..... much....... comdey.......... !!

-goes into a cataplectic fit-
★  O/Os  ★  A/As  ★

Samael

Robin Williams is amazing (there's a 3 hour show of his on youtube, which took place like a year or so ago, and he's incredible in it).
Stephen Lynch is great, loving his lyrics and music.
I'm also enjoying the guys from Epic Rap Battles (yes, unfortunately most of my comedy lately I get from youtube. I need to start watching TV again, or something).
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

DeMarcus James

Dave Chappelle's "Sesame Street" bit sold me.

"Oscar... you're a grouch."
"Bitch, I live in a trash can!"

yobo

Quote from: Torch on December 08, 2011, 05:28:28 PM
No love for Eddie Murphy?  :-(

"Your wife's a Bigfoot, isn't she Gus?"

Good old Eddie Murphy, always keep forgetting he once had a edge to him. And that is a very funny piece you are quoting from.  ;D

Rolo

I am a huge fan of comedy and have heard of neary every one listed here and love damn near all of them.

One that still gets quite a chuckle out of me is Red Skelton.  His visual slap stick is drop dead funny.  A true Vaudeville comedian.

Seduction is merely hypnosis with desire!

-KAI-

Dirty old man in training!
Sneaky Little Bastard!

grdell

Quote from: Oniya on August 18, 2011, 09:13:53 PM

In the routine "Himself" (available on DVD - I have it), he used the word "asshole" once. I was shocked.  :o
"A million people can call the mountains a fiction, yet it need not trouble you as you stand atop them." ~XKCD

My Kinsey Scale rating: 4; and what that means in terms of my gender identity. My pronouns: he/him.

My Ons and Offs, current stories, story ideas, Apologies and Absences - Updated 28 Jan 2024.

GardenoftheDead

"I am you. I am a shadow, the true self."