Re: Corruption: How Far Will You Go? - Recruiting for show 4 reopened.

Started by Chrystal, July 07, 2013, 03:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cptBacon

My humble application:

Player Name: cptBacon

Contestant's name: Phil Granger

Sexuality: Straight
Job: Maintenance electrician
Nationality: United States

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 210 lbs.
Stats: 40 inch chest, 7 inch penis
Natural hair colour: Red
Eye Colour: Blue
Distinguishing marks: Numerous small scars on hands from work. Long scar down left forearm from work accident.
Body hair: Face stubble, armpit, chest, stomach, and pubic

Close Friend or relative: Mary Granger, wife

Likes: country music, pickup trucks, Miller Lite, weekends with his family, grilled food
Dislikes: cats, clothes shopping, foreign cars, champagne, dinner with his in-laws

Personality: Phil is a self-proclaimed optimist, and he's exactly that. He tries his hardest to see the bright side of any given situation, despite the relatively low-class life he leads. His driving motivation is providing for his family, and he's painstakingly faithful to his wife - well, present opportunity excluded. He is quick to make friends and is generally sociable. He enjoys BBQs with friends and family, and is always the first to volunteer to man the grill.

The course of his life has left something of a chip on his shoulder, and he's quickly embarrassed and angered when anyone suggests he isn't succeeding.

Reason to be here: Phil is looking for an escape from his mundane life. He made numerous poor choices in his early life that have left him with little in the way of job opportunity and personal growth. His future wife fell pregnant at age 17, and Phil felt compelled to drop out of school to marry and support his eventual wife. The two married and scraped by, neither having the chance to attend a post-high school education program. Mary doesn't work, so the couple lives on Phil's modest hourly wage. This show offers him the chance to change his life entirely, if he can win.
A super detailed introduction to me:
O/O

My current stories:
The Art of Seduction | Grey Skies
Along for the Ride | She Let Herself Go

Chrystal

Very nice character. Please wait in the Green room for show 2 to start

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Kimera

Dashenka

No nuts no glory.... wait... I mean no guts.. Sorry  :-[

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Chrystal

*giggles*

Besides, someone has to be the first to drop out!

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Kimera

Charlotte Fox

I'm down! Here's a character sheet I did. Let me know if I need to change anything.

Player Name: Charlotte Fox

Contestant's name: Margaret (Maggie) Porter

Sexuality: Straight
Job: Law Office Secretary
Nationality: American

Height: 5’6
Weight: 124 lbs
Stats: Bust – 32” B Cup, Waist – 26”, Hips – 34”
Natural hair colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Grey
Distinguishing marks: Has a three inch scar on her right thigh from falling out of a tree as a child. Cheesy Chinese symbol tattoo’d onto the left side of her lower back, she thinks it means ‘Honor’, it really means ‘Bread’.
Body hair: Her body is completely waxed of all hair, including the groin region.

Close Friend or relative: Bryan Porter (Father)

Likes: Travel, Fresh Rain, Chinese Food, Wine, and Cuddles with Mr. Meow Meow, her cat.
Dislikes: Pain, People who talk in the theatre during movies, Body Hair, People with Poor Hygiene, Being Interrupted

Personality: Maggie has never stood out in a crowd, or even among her friends. If asked to describe her, they would call her a plain Jane. She doesn’t stay out late, she never has random sexual encounters, and she has never done anything in her entire life that could be described as anything beyond mediocre. Even her attempt at getting a degree and going to school failed, not because she didn’t try but because she just wasn’t smart enough. She can be described as nothing more than a wallflower.

Reason to be here: Maggie has a rather large amount of debt, mainly consisting of a student loan for a degree that she failed to get. She actually applied to several game shows in an attempt to make some fast cash, and Corruption happened to be the one to accept her application. Though this is her main excuse, the underlying reason for her going on the show is that she has never stood out in any way, and she has an extreme desire to be noticed. Although the prospect of performing adult content on television makes her nervous beyond all comprehension, it also arouses her immensely, though she would never admit it, even to herself.

Chrystal

Hi charlotte.

One thing: your picture code is screwed up

You have:

[float=right][img height=300 padding=5]http://[url=http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs32/i/2008/235/c/f/Sedate__by_SM_Photography.jpg]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs32/i/2008/235/c/f/Sedate__by_SM_Photography.jpg[/url][/img][/float]

You should have:
[float=right][img height=300 padding=5]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs32/i/2008/235/c/f/Sedate__by_SM_Photography.jpg[/img][/float]

Please edit that in, and I will happily approve the character

smittylmsimon

Player Name: Smittylmsimon

Contestant's name: Sam Simon

Sexuality: bisexual
Job: accountant
Nationality: American

Height: 5 ft 4 inches
Weight: 120 Lbs
Stats: 4 in
Natural hair colour: brown
Eye Colour: brown
Distinguishing marks: glasses
Body hair: very little body hair with just a tuft on the chest and a faint trail on his arms and legs.
Close Friend or relative: Jake older brother

Likes: balanced books, dry white toast, easy listening, laugh tracks, and instruction manuals
Dislikes: loud noises, crowds, dirt, disorganization, and spontaneity

Personality: Sam is a very meticulous man, one not given to frivolity or fun. He keeps to himself, and prides himself on keeping an orderly, debt free life. He is shy and withdrawn, which along with his dry personality, keeps him from making many friends, however he is also very driven and stubborn, and will fight with a passion to achieve his goals, taking people by surprise that mistakenly think they can push him around. He is sexually repressed, bottling up the curious kinks and quirks that flit about his psyche, afraid of the chaos and filth they might unleash if let loose.

Reason to be here: Sam has little idea of what is in store for him on the set of Corruption. All he knows is that the unthinkable has happened, he has fallen into debt. A fluke of fate, a hit and run accident that left him out of work and with mounting hospital bills before he got back on his feet, only to find his company's health care accounts empty after the president of the company drained the account and fled overseas. His careful, balanced life is threatening to fall apart and leave him in the gutter, and he can't abide filth. So when he sees the cash prizes available on Corruption, he jumps at the chance. He would never have signed up for the game if he realized what sort of challenges they had in store, but his desperation made him uncharacteristically careless. But Sam plays to win, and he never gives up, or at least he hasn't yet.

Jezabelle

/\/\/\/\/\/\

The above deserves a medal.

Bravo, ser, bravo; that's an excellent character  XD

Sethala

Should be done now

Player Name: Sethala

Contestant's name: Kimiko

Sexuality: Bi, leaning towards lesbian
Job: Martial arts instructor
Nationality: Born in Japan, lives in US.

Height: 5'2"
Weight: 105 lbs
Stats: (I have no idea what "normal" measurements are for women)
Natural hair colour: Light brown
Eye Colour: Green
Distinguishing marks: A small piercing on each ear.
Body hair: None

Close Friend or relative: Lisa; coworker and girlfriend

Likes: Martial arts, shopping, anime, strawberry cheesecake, looking sexy
Dislikes: People that think she "can't teach martial arts" because of her looks, salty food, rap music, dogs, poor hygiene

Personality: Kimiko has always been a tomboy, getting herself into trouble pretty often.  She's softened up a bit since her childhood, but not enough to keep her away from the martial arts dojo where she now works.  She's a strict trainer, demanding discipline from everyone she teaches, but when she's on her own she's much more laid back.  Sexually, she's not terribly active, though she recently started going out with another instructor at the dojo and has started to experiment more and more since then.

Reason to be here: Kimiko was surprised when her sister had suddenly called her up, all excited about some new game show.  Kimiko herself didn't really know much about them, but with how excited her sister seemed about it, and how she said Kimiko would be "perfect" for it, Kimiko just decided to go along with the plan and filled out the forms to apply.  She was fairly surprised when the reply came with an invitation to join the show, and eagerly joined.  She didn't care much for the money (even though it would be nice), but she was eager for a challenge and curious just what made her sister so excited about it.  She also didn't know what they meant by "adult", but figured they just wanted to make sure some kid didn't end up on the show and get hurt or something, not really looking at the waivers she had to sign.

Chrystal

Okay...

I will approve the two characters with pics and I will even fix the code for you both, on one condition: PLEASE will you both work out how to paste an image URL into an IMG tag before you start posting, please please please? Because the post header code contains an IMG tag with a height parameter, and I need you to please get it right for that!

Charlotte and smittylmsimon, please join the others in the "Green Room" (ooc) thread?

Sethala, please could you add more to your reason for being here? For one thing, people are not invited at random to join the game, they have to apply, replying to an advert in the world's media. If the application is accepted, then they receive an invite to the selection process.

Other than that the character looks promising!

smittylmsimon

Quote from: Jezabelle on July 16, 2013, 09:17:10 PM
/\/\/\/\/\/\

The above deserves a medal.

Bravo, ser, bravo; that's an excellent character  XD

Wow thanks. I really just came up with him on the fly so I'm glad you like him. It should make for a fun game.

Sethala

Ah, sorry about that, kinda ran out of time before I had to get ready for work and didn't really finish the last bit.

Though one thing I don't understand there, if the idea is that the contestants don't know much about the show, how do they find out about applying for it in the first place?

On a related note, I had an idea that someone she knew (her sister, perhaps?) found out about it and told Kimiko she should join, while kind of lying to her or misleading her into not realizing just how "adult" it was until she gets there.  Not sure how well that would work with the game itself, but I think playing as someone that's caught completely off guard by what the game's like would be fun.  (As an aside, if someone wants to make someone as her mischievous sister, I could see some fun interaction with the two taunting each other.  If that's the case, I wouldn't mind waiting until show 3 of the game to start if that would delay show 2 too much.)

Charlotte Fox

Kimera

Well I'm still thinking about a character concept. I wouldn't mind making that sister character Sethala, but only if Chrystal is ok with such a setup.

Chrystal

Quote from: Charlotte Fox on July 18, 2013, 09:55:18 AM
Sorry about the img URL!

It's okay, it's not the first time I've seen that exact problem. It's easy enough to fix if you know what you're looking at, but if you don't it's really confusing.

Quote from: Sethala on July 17, 2013, 09:16:51 PM
Ah, sorry about that, kinda ran out of time before I had to get ready for work and didn't really finish the last bit.

Though one thing I don't understand there, if the idea is that the contestants don't know much about the show, how do they find out about applying for it in the first place?

On a related note, I had an idea that someone she knew (her sister, perhaps?) found out about it and told Kimiko she should join, while kind of lying to her or misleading her into not realizing just how "adult" it was until she gets there.  Not sure how well that would work with the game itself, but I think playing as someone that's caught completely off guard by what the game's like would be fun.  (As an aside, if someone wants to make someone as her mischievous sister, I could see some fun interaction with the two taunting each other.  If that's the case, I wouldn't mind waiting until show 3 of the game to start if that would delay show 2 too much.)

How do you find out about any game show?

Game shows get contestants. They don't write to random people saying "Please come on our game show". For that matter, how did you (the player) find out about the game?

You saw an advert and responded to it. When a TV network plans to launch a new game show they put adverts on at the time of day that their target contestants are likely to be watching, they run ads in the national press, they put ads on the internet. Plus there are "professional game show contestants" who will constantly look for new game shows, apply to get on as many of them as they can in order to win as much as possible.

Quote from: Kimera on July 18, 2013, 09:59:33 AM
Well I'm still thinking about a character concept. I wouldn't mind making that sister character Sethala, but only if Chrystal is ok with such a setup.

Personally I'd prefer to have unrelated characters, because otherwise it gives the possibility collusion and "teamwork", which is not in the spirit of the game.

I would need to consult with Autumn on that, because she may have a different view.

Sethala

Eh, fair enough, I just never really thought about it before.

As for being sisters, I'm fine with it being shot down (though I will say that there definitely won't be any collusion between the two; if anything they'll try to make it worse for each other), but I'll hold off a moment on finishing up the character sheet until I know for sure.

Chrystal

I'm not keen on the idea, but I will check with Autumn.

AutumnRain

I don't think its a good idea to have related characters (friends, family, etc.) in the same episode unless we do a team episode at some point.

Chrystal

I have never seen a game show where two of the competitors are related, EXCEPT where they are working together as a team.

This is supposed to be as close as possible to simulating a genuine TV game show, but with the games being sexy and extreme.

Kimera if you wish to be Kimiko's sister, you cannot compete in the same episode. That is now a GM/co-GM ruling!

Sethala

Fair enough, I just thought some kind of preexisting rivalry between two of the contestants would be fun.

I'm still kind of attached to the idea of Kimiko entering the show without really knowing what's going to happen, so I'd still like to use the idea of her sister kind of springing it on her.  I'm finished with finding a picture and re-writing her reason for being here, but I have no idea what "normal" measurements are for women so I left that part blank for now.  So aside from that, her character sheet is done.

Kimera

No problem. I'm actually already working on another character concept.

Chrystal

Quote from: Sethala on July 19, 2013, 12:10:06 AM
Fair enough, I just thought some kind of preexisting rivalry between two of the contestants would be fun.

I'm still kind of attached to the idea of Kimiko entering the show without really knowing what's going to happen, so I'd still like to use the idea of her sister kind of springing it on her.  I'm finished with finding a picture and re-writing her reason for being here, but I have no idea what "normal" measurements are for women so I left that part blank for now.  So aside from that, her character sheet is done.

It would be good in some other setting, but not in this one. *shrug*

Character is approved, please wait in the Green Room with the others.

Quote from: Kimera on July 19, 2013, 07:50:49 AM
No problem. I'm actually already working on another character concept.

You have until Midnight GMT tomorrow (Saturday 20th) to post a character that I can approve or you will have to wait for show 3 anyway. We've kept the others waiting long enough.

King Serperior

I may just be crazy, but I have taken an interest in this Roleplay.  Though, if you're not looking for male characters, I can wait for another episode.  I have a rough idea in mind for a character.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.