The Rape of the Sabine Women

Started by sansa, December 22, 2015, 07:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sansa

**Before you read!!! | The English word rape is a conventional translation of the Latin raptio, which in this context means "abduction" rather than its prevalent modern meaning in English language of sexual violation.**

The Rape is supposed to have occurred in the early history of Rome, shortly after its founding by Romulus and his mostly male followers. Seeking wives in order to found families, the Romans negotiated unsuccessfully with the Sabines, who populated the area. Fearing the emergence of a rival society, the Sabines refused to allow their women to marry the Romans. Consequently, the Romans planned to abduct Sabine women, during a festival of Neptune Equester and proclaimed the festival among Rome's neighbours. At the festival Romulus gave a signal, at which the Romans grabbed the Sabine women and fought off the Sabine men. The indignant abductees were soon implored by Romulus to accept Roman husbands.

Studies claim no direct sexual assault took place, albeit when compared with the later history, the fuller evidence was a seduction based on promises by the Romans (which were inadequate, in any event) and then betrayal of the Romans' promises. Study says Romulus offered the women free choice and promised civic and property rights to women. According to Studies, Romulus spoke to them each in person, declaring "that what was done was owing to the pride of their fathers, who had refused to grant the privilege of marriage to their neighbours; but notwithstanding, they should be joined in lawful wedlock, participate in all their possessions and civil privileges, and, than which nothing can be dearer to the human heart, in their common children." Responsibility of the men for meeting the needs of the children thus conceived was not included.

In this idea, I'm looking to find an even pairing of men and women (for obvious reasons) to play the Sabine Women and the Roman Abductors.
I'm also interested in bending history a bit with someone playing Romulus (the Roman leader, however you can play the name as you please if this role interests you!)

Additionally, in history it is claimed that rape did not actually take place, however if non con is something that interests you, I personally do not have a problem with this.
O/O
Hello E friends. For those who've role played with me, I disappeared for a while due to lack of access to a computer and personal issues. Life has calmed down and I now have access to E and inspiration has struck me again. :)

Clio

Ugh...I should NOT join another game, but this sounds awesome.

I'm not saying I'll join, because I really shouldn't, but I wanted to say it's an amazing idea.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Caela

This most definitely sounds interesting! Will be watching to see where it goes and, quite possibly, making a sheet when the time is appropriate lol.

summoner2183

I am posting an interest in this group game as well.

Caitlin

Consider me interested as well. I'm not sure how long this game will last beyond the seduction and capture part, but even if it'd be a short game I think it'd be pretty awesome to play out.

I want to play a male character.

sansa

Yay! So excited to see interest poking around!
Thank you Christa for acknowledging and all, I wish you could play!(:

Let's see here...
2 guys interested & 1 female keeping an eye, and myself- a female role.

Ideally I'd like to see at least 1 more male & female jumping in but ideally 2 more.
I know the holidays are here and have everyone backed up (I'm definitely one of those backed up!) & New Years is happening so I'll give it a little more time for bites. Also, my birthday is in a few days so odds are I'll be poking around, working on posts I'm delayed on, but not probably not playing. Additionally, I'm online from my phone due to being out of town and without a computer so that also plays a factor in me holding off because I'd like to be on a computer when we start.
O/O
Hello E friends. For those who've role played with me, I disappeared for a while due to lack of access to a computer and personal issues. Life has calmed down and I now have access to E and inspiration has struck me again. :)

Caitlin

Is your birthday on December 30 by any chance? That's my birthday at least. ^_^

I hope to see more come from this, having more people join would be nice indeed. :-)

sansa

Quote from: Caitlin on December 27, 2015, 01:32:31 PM
Is your birthday on December 30 by any chance? That's my birthday at least. ^_^

I hope to see more come from this, having more people join would be nice indeed. :-)

It's on the 31st!!! Woo!! December children! :D lol

I hope so too! I really loved the idea when I was doing some research on a topic and was like "oh that sounds like a fun idea!" I don't really know exactly where it will go or anything but it has a lot of potential to be a lot of fun :)
O/O

Caitlin

It sounds like it yeah. Right now I'd like to join one more group game, but I'm not in a rush. I rather see the story well developed and have a good chance to last for a while than seeing us rush into things and then not even making it past the introduction phase. :)

I even have some ideas already for a character that I could play.

sansa

Working on the OOC now and will have a CS spread soon (:
O/O

Zhu Que

I will post my interest in this. It feels like it could be quite interesting. ^_^

sansa

O/O

Zhu Que

Late happy birthday to sansa and Caitlin. ^_^

Blonde

If there is a spot, I would be interested in a female role.
On&Off's | Request Thread NewestV.1 && V.2 | Visual Index | Gif Index

Caitlin

I posted a character, but I'm also open to role playing more characters. Seeing how there are more women interested in joining then men so far, that could solve an imbalance in genders. It'd also be fun to have two women for one male character (a three-way relationship could be very interesting in developing the story), but since I almost never see that happen I'm not getting my hopes up on that one. :P

I guess the easiest solution is to have more men join the story. ;D

Blonde

Quote from: Caitlin on January 03, 2016, 08:42:32 AM
I posted a character, but I'm also open to role playing more characters. Seeing how there are more women interested in joining then men so far, that could solve an imbalance in genders. It'd also be fun to have two women for one male character (a three-way relationship could be very interesting in developing the story), but since I almost never see that happen I'm not getting my hopes up on that one. :P

I guess the easiest solution is to have more men join the story. ;D

I am not opposed to having my female in a three way relationship.

Will have my character up shortly.

Caitlin

She's looking good already Blonde, the picture fits the theme well. I'm looking forward to reading more about your character's history and personality.

Blonde

I've been waiting for the right story to use that picture. I won't be able to finish it until tonight when my son is in bed, but I know which way I am heading with her.

Love your character also Caitlin!

Caitlin

Thanks! :D

And yeah, I know all about kids interrupting with your writing time haha. Luckily my son is just playing quietly right now. :-)

Blonde

I'm watching Despicable Me 2 for the fifth time today. They're so much fun.

sansa

The characters look awesome! Looking forward to writing with you guys!(:
O/O

ArtemisHighmore

Watches curiously, eager to read.