Previous topic - Next topic

Emmaline

"He looked so horrified that Margo felt her anger fade."
Relic by Douglas Preston/Lincoln Child

UD67

"There is some discussion about which is worse..."
-Shadow's edge, Brent Weeks

hanyou

It's also far easier to move from place to place once it's on-site.
"Remember, Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." -Stephen King

Yes and No!

Nadir

If you only write what is already known, then your writing might become tired and predictable.

Creative Writing, edited by Linda Anderson

saturnschild

Andou still didn't look happy, but he didn't say anything anymore.- S vol. ! Saki Aido
The greatest thing you can ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return.-Moulin Rouge
In a world ruled by the dead, we are forced to finally start living.- Walking Dead
And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him. - Johnny Cash

Ons and Offs saturn

Rhapsody

"The blacksmith had not seen her either, nor the septon in the village sept, the swineherd with his pigs, the girl pulling up onions from her garden, nor any of the other simple folk that the Maid of Tarth found amongst the daub-and-wattle huts of Rosby."
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Phobetor

As Blay fiddled with the bottom of his t-shirt, John got the distinct impression the guy was going to say no.
-Lover Unbound
Not Available for new Stories.
Taking a break from E.

Shiri

Taken from A Game of Thrones:
"Might I have a closer look at your wolf?"

Valerian

Since I can't decide which one really is closer -- one is easier to pick up because it's on top, but the book beneath is closer in a way because it's larger -- you get both.   :-)

Authorities believe "Woodhouse" to be a pseudonym since no one has ever met the man or knows anything about him.

-Orrorsh, theTorg Sourcebook from West End Games

"No, I don't think they believed what Joyce was saying."

-Hallowe'en Party, by Agatha Christie
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Rhapsody

I have a stack of books next to me.

"He spoke in his own language and she thought of water smoothing over rocks in a stream."
- First Rider's Call, Kristen Britain
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Indigo

"So far as I know, no one has ever seen him so much as crack a smile."

-Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption. -short story in the book 'Different Seasons by _Stephen King_

Rhapsody

“We can’t let this insult stand, Princess. He has to pay.”
- Swallowing Darkness, Laurell K. Hamilton
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Shiri

From Summerland:
There was a deep rumble from inside the clam, and Ethan's heart began to beat faster as he saw the briny lips of the shell part.

tesseractive

Tarik ibn Zayid would conquer that city and slay the King after the sorriest fashion and sack the city and make prisoners of the women and boys therein and get great loot.
Collected Fictions, Jorge Luis Borges

Technically, that was the second-closest book to me. The first was Mathematics: From the Birth of Numbers by Jan Gullberg. And yes, I'm a total dork.
~ Tessa ~

We are never not what we are, but we are never not becoming what we will be.

Rhapsody

That seemed to amuse her.
- Sherrilyn Kenyon, Unleash the Night

Trashy romance novels FTW.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Shiri

From Magician's Gambit by David Eddings:

"If you succeed, things will be all right again; if you don't, everything will keep going wrong, and the purpose for which the universe came into existence will fail."

((Sounds like heavy plot, but I still have to read the second book of the series first >.<))

Tatterdemalion

"The Streetwise: Drugs skill gives the character the ability to recognize characters addicted to drugs, street corner pushers, big time dealers, drug smugglers, DEA agents, and undercover agents looking to bust dealers." --Nightbane, an RPG rulebook by C.J. Carella & Kevin Siembieda

Inkidu

We would not see much of Darling till he got back.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

krisalyx

from the melancholy of suzumiya haruhi  "ah!. "no!" "at least . . . l-let me undress myself . . . Noo!" . . . pitiable screams coming from asahina. (& if you couldn't guess one of the more perverted sceens from vol 1 of haruhi in which haruhi trys to molest poor mikaru. & faills
Fuu Fuu Fuu . . . Now Just Behave Yourself!

ShamshielDF

Once PCs establish a reputation, it becomes easier to attract like-minded and admiring followers.

D&D 3.5 DMG...

Its not my fault the laptop is next to the gaming bookshelf!
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

Valerian

"He was free, not just alone but free, free of entanglements of people, free of encumbrances of property, utterly free."

The Great Influenza, by John M. Barry, which I'm rereading thanks to all the talk in the news lately of H1N1.  It's a very well-researched, well-written book, focusing mainly on the terrible 1918 outbreak.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Darius

"They lived in a wikipedia world, where knowledge was no longer required and only the ability to access it mattered."

The Academy
Bentley Little
When the avalanche has started, the pebbles no longer get to vote.
Ons and Offs
absence to make hearts grow fonder
Story ideas
Darius & His Ramblings
No one is an unjust villain in their own mind… we are all the hero of our own story.” A Lucio

grdell

"Déthaché bowing can be executed at practically any speed and dynamic level."

-Kent Kennan, "The Technique of Orchestration"
"A million people can call the mountains a fiction, yet it need not trouble you as you stand atop them." ~XKCD

My Kinsey Scale rating: 4; and what that means in terms of my gender identity. My pronouns: he/him.

My Ons and Offs, current stories, story ideas, Apologies and Absences - Updated 28 Jan 2024.

Clio

Anyone who refused was put to death.

Zondervan Handbook to the History of Christianity
~Jonathan Hill
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Neferus Andolini

Consciousness.

With the sentence before and the one after...

What is the soul? Consciousness. The more awareness, the deeper the soul, and when such essence overflows, you feel a sacredness around.

I cheat.  :P