Calling fellow Otaku

Started by TheScarletBlade, May 04, 2018, 01:15:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheScarletBlade

Hopefully if you are reading this, then you understand it most likely has to do with Anime!

So I am a major Otaku myself and being such, I have watched a stack of anime I have thought would translate well into games here on E. Since I am not one to add like thirty ideas to the recruit thread, I figured I would make one mega thread. Here, my fellow Otaku's can look over my anime related ideas and respond if any might draw attention.

1st idea: It has to be Attack on Titan(Titan World System or Freeform).
This is the second best anime but one of the best worlds to explore here on E. The entire show was created for the extreme section. There are also many ways this world can be brought to life on the forums of E. Couple of ideas for AOT threads include:

105th Scout Regiment: It takes 3 years for a cadet corps to become warriors for humanity. When the 104th graduated(main chars from AOT), they didn't just cut bootcamp off. What about the next generation of warriors? Young minds being forged into warriors would make the bulk of this tale. Also and just as a random option, I have served as a Marine Corps Instructor, I could easily play a Instructor for those looking for a boot camp experience!

Unsung Scouts: There are many scouts, unnamed during the scouting missions. Group could be a collection of these unsung scouts.

Trost Reclaimed: Why not relive one of the most epic days in humanities history? Using the system or freeform, we could recreate that intense and fateful day when the colossal titan reappeared.

2nd idea: Based on The Asterisk War anime! Obviously turning the schools from High Schools to Colleges, since underage is not welcome here. That said, the game could be specifically about a certain school like Seidoukan Academy or a combination of all of them. For those unfamiliar with the series, essentially a world wide event caused kids to be born with special aptitudes. These kids were called the Genestella. These powerful kids are thus sent to special schools, schools like Seidoukan Academy. There they train to become warriors wielding powerful weapons Luxes. These academies battle each other for supremacy in events called Festa's. There are group and solo Festa's. This backdrop offers many interesting ideas, whether its as students attending a specific school or rival warriors competing in a festa.

3rd Idea: The world of Tokyo Ghoul. Are you a ghoul just trying to stay alive on the mean streets of Tokyo(or any other city?). What about a ghoul hunter, wielding weapons known as Quique, to kill the savage ghouls. Lie the other anime worlds offering endless rp ideas, the world of Tokyo Ghoul offers multiple rp ideas. Whether as Ghouls trying to survive vs humans, using shelter like Anteiku or taking the role of Ghoul hunters for government.

4th Idea:
On to the best Anime ever created. It's fourth because I am loath to sully the greatness of said anime but Sword Art Online or more specifically Aincrad offers great ideas. In Ordinal Scale, they admit there are many unknown, unsung heroes to the original Sword Art Online Game. For those who don't know SAO, what the fuck are you doing with your life? Just kidding but seriously.... Sword Art Online was a virtual mmorpg that trapped their players inside the world. If they tried to log out, they died in real life. If they died in game, they died in real life. The only way to stay alive was to beat all 100 floors of the game. Not all people were warriors though, some were merchants. Some bards. Some innkeepers. It was an alternate fantasy world. Others, lead the way into battle: The Assault Team. Where did you find your place in Aincrad? How did you survive until Kirito beat the death game?

5th Idea: Yokai Academy is a school for the supernatural.
Based of the anime Rosario + Vampire, Yokai Academy is now a college. Yokai Academy is school built by the three dark lords for monsters. Like Human schools, they teach academics. On top of that, the school trains the supernatural on how to survive in the human world. Yookai academy is forbidden to humans, though there is a rumor some have somehow survived school there before. That said, the academy offers a home to all Supernatural beings, mixed with an academy vibe.

6th Idea: Based of Darling in the Franxx.
Franxx are Mechas. Somewhat like pacific rim, they require two people to pilot. Unlike that movie, they require compatible male and female pairings. Franxx are female mechas, powered by essentially feminine energy(?) but Males, known as staymen, pilot or give control of the mech to the women. The pairing controls these Mechas as a pair to defeat monsters trying to destroy the colonies they live in. Strange twist about this anime and this roleplay is that the pilot pairings are genetically engineered kids. Raised in specialized camps, they are highly ignorant only knowing what they have been taught. They also don't know about the mysterious adults who run them(adults being the older people, since these chars would be 18+ but not "adults"). These modified created kids are known as parasites. The parasites are intensely trained, grew up together but havnt been taught things like social conventions. A kiss or even sex are a mystery to these warriors. If you've watched the anime, it would make more sense lol.

7th Idea: Fairy Tail Future. Wizards are common place in Fioria. The strong guild of wizards is known as Fairy Tail.....or at least it was before it was disbanded. Rising from the ashes is a scrappy group of Wizards, bent of reiving the name Fairy Tail after 150 years. What is your power? Why do you want to join a fledgling guild repairing itself after falling apart? Can this scrappy group of wizards find their way back to the top, or will they fall underneath the heel of more sinister dark guilds?

Many more to come........................
“I fight for the men I have held in my arms, dying on foreign soil. I fight for their wives and children, whose names I heard whispered in their last breath. I fight for we few who did come home, only to find our country full of strangers wearing familiar faces. I fight so that all the fighting I've already done hasn't been for nothing, I fight: because I must.”

TheScarletBlade aka TSB

TFcommando

Fairy Tail and One Piece are both great worlds to play around in.  I'd love to play in a system-based FT game.  I wonder how much magic-tech would have advanced in that time?
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

wander

After watching Devilman Crybaby in January, I believe that Demon:the Fallen from the cwod would make an excellent system to play that particular anime.

TheScarletBlade

Why dint i think of it before?

A devil house game?

Like high school dxd game but our own house with guys and girls.
“I fight for the men I have held in my arms, dying on foreign soil. I fight for their wives and children, whose names I heard whispered in their last breath. I fight for we few who did come home, only to find our country full of strangers wearing familiar faces. I fight so that all the fighting I've already done hasn't been for nothing, I fight: because I must.”

TheScarletBlade aka TSB

Levi

I'd be interested if you put together a fairy tail group
A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Shenzi

Tokyo Ghoul and Attack on Titan would make for really good group content, I would say! Lot's of danger, tension, and opportunities to interact. SAO is really nice, too. Do you have favorites, as per what you have listed?

wingnut2292

I'm interested in SAO, One Piece, Bleach. I'm interested in genderbending, and I have ideas on how to do that in each.

akirakaneda

Interested in SAO and Darling in the Franxx

Zaer Darkwail

Interested on (not in any particular order); Fairy Tail, DxD Highschool and Yokai Academy.

Figment

My wildly different opinion on your choices for best animes ever aside, I do think some of these worlds would be great to play in! Of course, I'm very much an OCs type of person and would want to see if you planned to have canons involved? if so, I don't think I'd be on board.

Yokai Academy, High School DXD type thing, and even Fairy tale would be something i would dunk my little toes into if you were going to slap any together.

steelsmiter

I don't know about those sources specifically, but I wrote a game called Visual Novel World that I would be happy to see used to facilitate games such as these. It's available on my discord (a Powered by the Apocalypse hack) which I have linked in my sig.
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Solaire

I dunno about doing it in a forum, but if anyone sets up a discord server I would be down to hop in and give it a try.

steelsmiter

Quote from: Solaire on September 15, 2018, 10:27:42 AM
I dunno about doing it in a forum, but if anyone sets up a discord server I would be down to hop in and give it a try.

For clarity sake, I wasn't suggesting moving the actual game to discord, or me even running it. I just happen to have a system that I want to try out on my discord (or rather, the system is on my discord and I want to try it out here). I put a request thread on GMs Seeking Players to that effect as well. I don't really want to steal this game's thunder though, and don't know enough about those settings to run a game in them, just offering my system.
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Ieatcookies

Interested in Yokai Academy and DITF.

Spectre

If anyone wanted to play a Tokyo Ghoul story, I would so be about it! Groups or one on one!