News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Doctor Who, Lost Memories: Thrill Seeker [fireandblood & Villain]

Started by fireandblood, January 07, 2013, 07:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Villain

The Doctor was quiet for a moment as he considered the point that Robin had made. It was a very good point that disrupted his original assumptions, Firenze had a role to play in the first book, but if he was already present...

"Thats an inconsistency...." the Doctor whispered, before his face lit up with excitement. He came to a sudden halt before pacing in front of the group, explaining his thinkings at a hundred miles an hour. "They were showing off. They trying to throw off my game by putting me out of my comfort zone. The Doctor, in a world of magic? If it had been an older version of me I would have accused everyone of being a Carrionite or perhaps would have started raving abotu Clarkes Law, it would have been a perfect sucker punch, but what they don't realise is that by doing that, they've created a loop hole in their game!" The Doctor let out a laugh of success before jumping up and down on the spot like an excited child.

"Kids, I know where we have to go!" He cheered before turning on the spot, just in time to run into a man in black robes, with sallow skin, a hooked nose and greasy black hair. His disapproving hollow eyes glared down at the three children before settling on Rob in and the Doctor.

"Professor Smith, may I ask why these pupils are out of their lesson?" The man asked, his voice soft contained voice spoke questioningly.

And then the Doctor punched him in the face.

The kids gasped as they watched the man groan and fall back onto the floor unconcious. Hermione looked horrified, but Ron and Harry looked a little pleased with the random act of violence.

"Doctor, you just...punched Professor Snape!" Hermione shrieked, covering her mouth with her hands as she stared down at the teacher in horror.

"Gods, that nose was hard!" The Doctor cursed loudly, clutching his hand and blowing on his knuckles. "Boy, I miss my Third form. I may have been old and moody but I knew kung-fu!"

"Doctor, why did you just punch Professor Snape?!" Hermione cried again, unable to tear her eyes away from the body of the professor.

"Who cares? Do it again!" Ron cheered, unable to stop himself from chuckling.

"The area is trying to disrupt our journey and return us to the class room. We're exploring the loop hole and it doesn't like that. We need to move quickly before they start throwing other members of staff at us," the Doctor said before pointing onwards with his good hand. "To Firenze's future class room!" He declared before walking forward a few steps, and then stopping abrubtly.

"Wait, a minute..." the Doctor began. "What did you say about me kissing Robin?"

fireandblood

Robin simply sighed at the Doctor's ravings; Harry and Ron looked at her like they shared her sentiments. Hermione, however, seemed to be at least attempting to understand what the man was saying. Then, as they all turned around, they found themselves face-to-face with Snape. Robin didn't even have time to gasp before the Doctor had punched him solidly in the face.

"Hey, watch it!" She exclaimed, crouching next to the man and looking up accusingly at her friend. "I like Professor Snape, he's like the only really reliable character in the whole... well, you know!" But she stood again and followed when the Doctor said to walk toward Firenze's classroom... If only to avoid being accosted by yet more fictional professors.

When the Doctor stopped, however, she slammed into his back, since she had been looking back at Snape's unconscious form. Another blush rose in her cheeks as he asked the question.

"We were on our way to Potions," Harry said, while Ron sniggered behind a hand. "And, well, everyone knows that you two are the... er... Strangest professors here. We rounded the corner beside the dungeons and you, Doctor, said something like... 'Come here, you!' And then you started kissing her." His cheeks were red as well, and Hermione had sniffed and looked away, but Ron was by this time roaring with laughter.

"Yeah," Robin said, rolling her eyes and laughing shakily, "Like that'll ever happen."

Villain

"Hmmm...that's interesting," the Doctor said before patting the pocket he had stored his screwdriver in, but whatever he found interesting about the strange tale he did not share it with them. Instead he kept walking through the corridors with purpose, rubbing his sore knuckles every now and again.

"Doctor?" Harry asked as they walked. "You say we're going to Firenze's class room, but Firenze doesn't have a class room yet. He's not even a member of staff."

"Oh really Harry?" The Doctor asked before coming to a halt. "Then if he doesn't have a class room, where was he going earlier? And if he's not a member of staff, what's this?" He asked before pointing at the door which stood next to them baring the words Divination, Firenze.

"That's impossible! We've been down this corridor loads of time and never noticed that!" Ron exclaimed, his eye buldging in surprise as they looked up at the door.

"It's new Ron. It's an inconsistency left by the reckless mistake. Or perhaps it's a bug in the system that the Game Master hasn't ironed out yet..." the Doctor said thoughtfully before kicking the door open to reveal a world of trees underneath a dark night sky.

"Thats amazing..." Hermione breathed, her eyes filling with wonder as they stepped into the room. "Is this room enchanted?"

"In a manner of speaking," the Doctor said before diving onto the floor and pressing his ear against it. "If I were to guess I would call it a wall paper, but sure, call it an enchantment"

The Doctor looked up as something in the trees rustled. He got to his feet and motioned for the group to keep back as he stared into the darkness of the forst scenery. "Get back, finding an inconsistency in this place is more than likely to be just as dangerous as it is outside of this room."

"Then why are we here?" Ron exclaimed, his eyes widening with alarm as the rustling got louder.

"I'm making this up as I go along Ron, cut me some slack!" The Doctor called back before turning his head to Robin. "Robin, there are two potentials here. One is that this is a cybernetic simulation and we're about to encounter a bug and could be horribly killed. Or, we're in a world being controlled by a god which is getting very mad that we're finding holes in his perfect design and is about to kill us by shaping the world to his design."

The rustling was getting louder. The limbs of the trees were beginning to shake as the danger grew closer, "What do you prefer Robin?"

fireandblood

Robin narrowed her eyes at the Doctor but said nothing. What could he have possibly found interesting about that? Heat rose again in her cheeks as she remembered her one slip-up... Kissing the Doctor after they returned to the TARDIS. He had made his feelings very clear then, and she knew it would never be repeated. So what was interesting?

Then, however, there were more pressing matters at hand. The rustling in the trees was growing louder by the second, and Robin hurriedly pulled the children behind her. If she had any say in this, they would not die unless she died protecting them. When the Doctor asked his question, Robin froze, her eyes wide. Why was he asking her?

"Doctor," she said through her teeth, "If either way we are probably about to be killed by some giant scary monster, why does it matter which I would prefer? Just figure out a way to save. Our. Lives."

Villain

"I'm going to need you to make a decision here Robin. I have two ways of dealing with whatever comes out of those trees and I really can't decidee which method is best," the Doctor spoke as he crouched low, his eyes narrowing as the trees began to part, almost as if they were letting an animal out of a cage. "This is a tricky one. So do me a favor and decide for me. You've been pretty lucky so far so decide!"

"Doctor just cast a spell. You're our teacher! Don't you know any magic?" Harry called out from behind him, his fingers clutching his fabled wand and raising it to meet the oncoming threat, but it was clear that Harry wasn't prepared for such a threat. He knew as well as t hey did that he was just a first year student with a basic grasp on magic.

fireandblood

"Well don't blame me if I choose the wrong one!" she shouted nervously, watching the trees. "As much as I'd love to see the look on your face if we are dealing with a god... From what I've learned being with you, I'm going to guess it's the cybernetic simulation. And do you know why?" She asked, her panic lessening a little. "All the trees are the same!"

As she spoke, she felt a strange pang of pride. If the Doctor thought she was lucky... Maybe she wasn't completely clueless after all.

Villain

Something dark grew in the shadows between the trees. A humanoid figure was taking shape that seemed almost like a living shadow. It slowly began to edge forwards, gliding along the ground like a spirit, and with it brought a cold feeling of dread. It was almost as if they were staring at death itself. A living being of pure evil that could snuff them out in hundreds of ways.

The Ron and Hermione edged back a little, but Harry and the Doctor did not. Instead the Doctor began to crack his knuckles and shake out his limbs, as if preparing for a run, whilst staring down the shadow with a small grin.

"Listen here Harry, I'm about to teach you how to defend against the Dark Arts," he said before chuckling a little.

"Doctor, it's You-Know-Who," Harry murmured, eyes narrowed and wand at the ready.

"No it's not Harry. It's an inconsistency. By the logic of this world this forest is an illusion. Scenery created via magic. Beyond the first few trees is nothing but concrete walls and the sky above our heads eventually turned to a plaster ceiling once you get past the magic," the Doctor said before getting onto one knee.

"Now, how you take advantage of an inconsistency is pretty simple. If something is inconsistent, then you have to create a certainty to counter it. In other words, you have to prove that reality is right," the Doctor explained before pointing at the shadow. "If this were the work of something godlike or divine then I would have to prove that this thing in front of us can't exist. Since this is the same figure you encountered last night, I would ask you to retell the story, which would thus prove that this figure was chased off by Firenze before he could do you any harm. This shadow would then disappear, because it would prove that this already happened and thus its existence would be considered a paradox."

The dark figure was reaching out to Harry and the Doctor. Harry began to wince and clutch the lightning scar on his forehead. Pain was exploding inside his brain, as if someone had lodged a burning knife into his forehead. He hissed and clutched at his wand as it shook in his hand.

"But, if this is a simulation, then this inconsistency is a bug brought on by a virus," the Doctor continued. "And do you know what you do when you're computer has a virus, Harry?" The Doctor asked before slapping one hand on the ground and one hand on his head. "You install anti-virus software."

The world suddenly flickered around the five of them and the shadow let out a screech that sounded less like the cry of an evil immortal being and more like the ring of an internet dial up. The shadow flashed in and out of existence, along with the trees that surrounded it, until eventually it evaporated into nothing and the world returned to its original state.

"The winner is Robin!" The Doctor cheered and stood up before clapping her on the back. "Nice going partner. Now, why don't we take a look outside and see what you've won!"

fireandblood

Robin couldn't help but feel very, very afraid when the shadow began moving toward them. Her entire being was telling her that she was looking directly at one of the most terrifying figures of her childhood... Lord Voldemort himself, the man who figured in the nightmares of children all over the world. But she trusted in her decision and tried to steel herself, hoping against hope that she was right.

As the Doctor pressed his hand to the ground, Robin sucked in a breath and held it, ready for the worst. But nothing happened; the shadow simply melted away, leaving the five of them standing safely in the room. As she let out the breath, she breathed something that sounded like, "OhmyGodIcan'tbelieveIwasright."

The Doctor clapped her on the back then, but she was still shocked. After a moment, she broke into a wide smile, running to Harry and hugging him tightly before doing the same with the other two children. Then she did a strange little dance.

"Dang, I'm good!" She said, before stopping and looking around awkwardly. "Okay, I won't do that again." Pulling the children along with her, she went out into the corridor, looking proudly at the Doctor. Suddenly, she felt a tap on her shoulder. When she turned around, she at first saw nothing, until there was a prim little throat-clearing noise from below her line of sight. Looking down, she found herself face-to-face with none other than Delores Umbridge.

"May I ask," she said with a horrible smile, "What you all are doing?" Robin glanced over at the Doctor and decided to take a leaf from his book. Grinning down at the toad-like woman, she pulled her arm back and delivered her second punch of the day. Wincing, she shook her hand and looked down at the unconscious form of Umbridge. Thinking for a second, she kneeled down and grabbed the woman's wand, before standing again and smiling broadly at the Doctor.

"Another inconsistency," she said proudly, flipping the wand into the air and catching it again. "Taken care of by Robin Baker."

Villain

"Nice work partner," the Doctor chuckled as he watched Robin celebrate her victory. "Seems like I'm rubbing off on you. You're picking up on the little stuff nicely." He said before gesturing for the kids to follow them as he made his way out to the corridor. "Come on, lets go check out the results of our brush with death."

The group reeled back the moment they stepped out and came face to face with one of most horrible people to ever be written into the Harry Potter Universe. The kids had no clue of who the women was, so when Robin punched her they gawked at her with surprise.

"Um...Robin," the Doctor began as he stepped forward and placed his arm around her shoulder. "That wasn't an inconsistency, look around, do you notice anything different? Same question to you kids."

The team looked around at their surroundings. The place seemed to resemble Hogwarts School for Witch Craft and Wizardry, yet for some reason the place seemed to radiate with an aura of gloom. Save for the students that stared at the unconscious form of Dolores Umbridge with a mixture of shock and overwhelming satisfaction.

"This place..." Hermione spoke softly. "It looks the same but...  it feels different. Who is that Doctor? And why are those students celebrating? What did you do in that room back there?"

"Simple, my dear Hermione," the Doctor spoke before rolling his eyes as Robin plucked the wand from Umbridge. "I cheated. By correcting the inconsistency I've made it a fact that Firenze is now your Divination Teacher and that has catapulted us through time by several years." He looked down at them with curiosity after finishing his sentence and crouched down beside them before raising his hand above their head, as if checking if they had grown in the last few minutes. "Hmmm... but you haven't aged at all..."

"I guess that means that only the scenery is part of the computer simulation. You three are still very much human," the Doctor said before grinning at them. "Congratulations!"

"You're absolutely barmy Doctor," Ron spoke with a shake of his head. "Com-pu-tors? Cimu-la-tions? I've never heard my Dad talk about any of this kind of magic."

"I know, you're Dad should really talk to someone about that. A computer would probably save you all a lot of trouble," the Doctor said before turning to Robin and pointing down the corridor. "We need to get to the room of requirements stat. That's going to be difficult since we have no Marauders Map, but we have to try."

The Doctor leaned in and lowered his voice to a whisper whilst his eyes flicked to the wall opposite them. "I can still hear the Basilisk Robin. We've made the Game Master very mad by taking this short cut. He's probably assembling all the monsters and creatures from the previous books. I think we both know what that means..."

fireandblood

"Um... Oops," was all Robin could say as she realized that Umbridge was no inconsistency. They had been placed into the fifth book, which meant that Robin had punched the (somewhat) real professor in the face. That explained why all the students in the hallway were having to fight back cheers and laughter as they watched Robin stand over Umbridge's prostrate form.

She gave the Doctor a sheepish smile and shrugged, not knowing what else to do. While he spoke to the kids, she fiddled with the wand, feeling a strange surge of power in her body. Suddenly, though, that hissing voice from earlier filled her head. "Let me tear you... Let me kill you..." Wincing, Robin turned to the Doctor as he whispered in her ear.

"I can too," she replied quietly, placing her hand in his. "Yeah... This is going to be really bad, isn't it?"

Villain

"Oh yes," the Doctor said with a solemn nod of his head. "The Game Master controls the pieces but he made the environment operate under the rule that it will change with the players. The controller wanted us to spend years here, solving the challenges that came with the storyline. He didn't want us to skip anything. It was to be a frightening, torturous but wonderfully entertaining process."

"So, in a few minutes we're more than likely going to be asked to do all the things we missed in rapid succession. We'll be forced to find the Philosopher's Stone, we'll have to explore the Chamber of Secrets, get chased by a werewolf, help Harry win the Tri Wizard Tournament and..." the Doctor froze as a sudden realisation hit him. He shook his head slowly before turning to look over his shoulder.

"Harry, what's wrong?" Ron asked with alarm. The two kids stared at Harry in horror as the kid screamed and scratched at the scar on his head. His eyes were screwed shut in pain and beads of sweat were rolling down his face.

"And then we'll have to fight Voldermort. That is unless the Game Master decides to throw him at us now, seeing as how he's already risen," the Doctor spoke before motioning for them to follow him. "Come on, we need to get moving quickly. We have to create an inconsistency and I know exactly how we're going to do it, but first we need to figure out how to find the hidden room."

"I'm open to idea's guys," the Doctor added as he started to sprint down the corridor, pushing past students and teachers as he broke into a run.

"But Doctor, we don't know what it is that you're talking about," Harry said through gritted teeth. "If what you're saying is true and we're in the future, then this is all new to us." Harry winced again before clutching his head. "Doctor, why does my head hurt so much?"

fireandblood

Robin noticed Ron wince at the mention of Voldemort's name, and she rolled her eyes. They really were scared even of his moniker... She supposed it was a lot more ominous-sounding than Tom Riddle, but still. When Harry starting scratching at his scar, Robin knelt next to him and place a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Your scar always hurts when Voldemort is... near  you..." A look of horror flashed across her face and she glanced up at the Doctor. When he started to run, Robin ushered the kids along with them, glad they seemed to catch the hint so fast.

"Doctor, I think you forget that I'm a Harry Potter expert," she yelled to him, ignoring the confused looks she got from Harry and Hermione. "The Room of Requirement is on the seventh floor, across from a tapestry of Barnabas the Barmy teaching trolls the ballet!We have to walk past it three times and think of what we want..." A gleam appeared in her eyes as she realized what the Doctor must have wanted to make appear in the room.

"Stairs, here!" She bolted up the stairs, hoping they wouldn't change too quickly on them and lead them astray.

Villain

"Oh Robin you absolute beauty!" The Doctor yelled with delight as they bolted up the stairs as fast as they possibly could. Despite the urgency of their situation, the Doctor took a moment to admire the ever changing stairs and portrait lined walls with fascination and childish wonder.

The portraits were yelling at them to slow down, but as they got closer to their intended destination the shouting began to become horrible curses and violent swear words. Some of the portraits began to fall off the walls as bricks were forced out of the wall, knocking them off their hooks. Something seemed to be moving behind the wall, getting nearer and nearer to them as they ran further up the stairs.

"Come on! Quick guys! Game master is getting very antsy about our cheating!" The Doctor declared, now taking the steps two at a time.

"Doctor, Harry says his scar is burning him!" Hermione exclaimed with terror, her eyes fixed on the walls as another painting flew off and dropped down several flights of stairs.

"Of course it is! We're getting closer to the big bad boss. He'll be sending everything he's got at us!" The Doctor replied, "Just keep running kids! And Ron, their are spiders coming down the steps, don't freak out!" The Doctor called back, ignoring the yelp that came from the small ginger boy.

They finally reach the seventh floor and tore down the corridors, until eventually they came across the great tapestry that depicted the funny scene of a Barnabas the Barmy teaching several ugly creatures how to do a pirouette. The Doctor ran back and fourth between the tapestry, his eyes fixed on the wall opposite the strange embroidered pattern.

"Doctor, what are you doing?" Harry asked as he watched him. Doing his best to focus on the Doctor's mad antics despite the throbbing in his scar.

"I'm creating the best inconsistency that could possibly be," the Doctor said, panting as he sprinted up and down the corridor. "The room I'm opening creates a place that meets the needs of whoever desires its use. Well, I've got a tall order that it's going to have to comply to!" He said, before noticing Harry look over his shoulder, as if he had heard someone call his name.

"What did you just hear Harry?" the Doctor called before his eyes widened as he looked past the group. "Never mind, I'm pretty sure I can guess!"

The floor shook as bricks began to slip from the walls. Whatever had been chasing them was now bursting through the floor tiles and making its way towards them from the end of the corridor. Ron and Hermione screamed huddling close to Robin, whilst Harry stared at it with horror.

There was no doubt at all about what all three of them were hearing at that moment...

"Come, let me rip you... Let me tear you... Let me kill you..."

fireandblood

Robin didn't have long to revel in the fact that she had known something the Doctor hadn't before she was screaming and running. Bricks were flying from the walls, portraits were screaming curses at them, and there was something slithering behind the walls. As the spiders started clicking their way down the stairs, Robin had to basically drag Ron up, trying to kick the ugly things away from them.

It seemed an eternity, but they finally reached the seventh floor and the tapestry. By then, they were all panting and looking around, trying to figure out if anything else was pursuing them. Robin watched the Doctor run back and forth, and she sent up a silent prayer that they'd be able to get into the Room of Requirement sooner rather than later.

Then, however, the man stopped and was looking past Harry. With a large amount of dread, Robin looked that way as well, pulling the kids behind her and trying not to scream. There it was.. The Basilisk. It looked hungry and angry and huge, ready to sink its fangs into any of them at any given moment.

"Don't look in its eyes!" Robin said, hoping they'd listen. "Doctor, hurry up, please!"

Villain

The Basilisk had exploded out of the floor, rearing its giant head as it looked down at them with giant yellow eyes. The Doctor had no idea if looking at the beast would kill them, chances were that it was simply an alien or mutated snake that had been brainwashed to believe it was the Basilisk, but the Doctor wasn't taking any chances.

A sinister hiss came from the serpent whilst the Doctor jogged down the corridor for the second time. Harry, Ron and Hermione were stuck to Robin, eyes shut tight and their wands outstretched despite the knowledge that this creature was beyond anything that they could throw at it. The Doctor had to admire their bravery, even if the entire school was fake, Gryffindors stared danger in the face. In a manner of speaking.

"Doctor, now would be a good time to think of something!" Harry yelled whilst the reptile began to slither towards them, picking up speed and breaking through tiles.

"I'm working on it Harry! Just one more lap!" The Doctor yelled to him as he ran. The beast was almost in striking distance, it's teeth were bared and its whole body crashed against the walls like a thunderous whip. "Just one more!" He called as he sprinted past the tapestry for a third time.

"Come on!" He yelled as he watched a door began to form out of the bricks slowly. "Come on, come on!" he yelled before kicking at the door, regardless of whether it was done, figuring that the sooner they were out of reach the better.

"Let me rip you! Let me tear you! Let me kill you!" The Basilisk spoke, its voice hungry for blood as its head shot forward with its mouth opened wide.

"Oh J K, why did you have to think of something so amazingly scary!" The Doctor barked before his foot kicked out one last time and the door gave way. He grabbed the kids collars and yelled for Robin to jump before hurling himself into the room.

The team landed with a heavy thud, the doors swinging shut behind them and locking instantly as it completely its function.

The Doctor sprung to his feet and looked around the room frantically. It was old, musty and full of thousands of seemingly ancient and useless items, but the Doctor knew that if there were anywhere that had what he was looking for, it would be here.

"Oh...you...beautiful...thing..." the Doctor spoke with awe as his eyes finally landed on it.

The Doctor howled with laughter as he gazed at the wonderful blue police box that sat in the middle of the trove of magical treasures. Standing proud and blue amongst the parchments, books and statues of weirdos in robes.

"What is that?" Ron exclaimed, getting to his feet with a groan and rubbing the lump that had formed on the back of his head.

"Is that a police box?" Hermione asked inquisitively as she too got to her feet, helping Harry up from the ground whilst he dabbed at his scar with the tips of his fingers.

"Oh no my dear Hermione Granger," the Doctor laughed as he made his way towards the box. "That's an inconsistency!"

fireandblood

Robin stared at the belly of the beast as it slithered toward them, its menacing hiss filling her ears. Though she wanted so badly to look and see if the Doctor was making any headway, she didn't want to take her eyes off the Basilisk even for a second. In the corners of her vision, she could see the children with their wands raised, and briefly thought that they were all three true Gryffindors...

And then they were torn away from her by the Doctor. Robin hastily dove into the Room of Requirement after them, landing on her stomach with a loud grunt. When she flipped over, her eyes went straight to the TARDIS, and a sunny smile broke out across her face. She hopped up quickly and ran to hug the blue box, stroking it with one hand.

"Doctor, I have never been so happy to see something in my life," she said, relief evident in her voice. When she opened her eyes, she saw the confused, slightly embarrassed looks on the children's faces. "What? You don't know how amazing it is that this thing is here."

Villain

"But...it's a police box," Harry stammered, staring at the box oddly as they walked towards it.

"Inconcistency Harry! Inconcistency!" The Doctor said whilst warmly hugging one side of the TARDIS. "Oh look at her, look at my girl she is...she's..." the Doctor paused before looking up at the box with concern. He trailed around to the front of the TARDIS and stroked his hands against the doors before pushing against them with a grunt.

"She's locked!" The Doctor exclaimed, pushing the doors again and again in an attempt to open the door. "Really, really, locked!" He said before pulling out a key from his pocket and forcing it into the lock. He tried to turn the key, but no matter how much he twisted it from side to side it would not unlocked. "That's not possible..." he whispered as he looked up at the TARDIS.

"So, what do we do now?" Harry asked as he walked to the Doctor's side. "Is there any other way to get inside it?"

"What would be the point of getting inside of it?" Ron asked as he joined them. "It's a pole-ice box. What good is it going to do us?"

"It would have been our ticket out of here..." the Doctor muttered misserably, "But, it looks like the game master is intent on keeping us around. We've really angered him by breaking so many rules. He'll be coming personally to meet us, bringing with him an army of viscious creatures and dark wizards."

The kids looked at each other with concern before Hermione asked, "Then what do we do?"

"Wait. We've got no chance of escape. We may as well meet the problem head on," the Doctor spoke as he turned to them. "Besides, just because he's dressed as the most powerful Dark Wizard in your universe and has a range of godly powers doesn't mean he can't be beaten."

Silence fell over the kids. They glanced at each other again with unease. Harry had started clutching at his scar again. "Doctor, how do you know he's dressed as You-Know-Who?" he asked.

"Because he's standing right over there," the Doctor said before pointing behind them.

Standing a few metres away from them was a grotesque humanoid figure. His skin was bone white, his eyes were crimson and his nose was flat, but his nostrils were but slits, giving him the appearance of a snake. His thin body was dressed in an elegant hooded black robe that seemed to bring out the chalk color of his skin. In one hand he carefully clutched at the fabled thirteen and a half inch wand with a phoenix feather core, treating it with the same care an assasin might show to his dagger.

Standing next to him, was his arm. Black cloaked figures with cruel expressions, delighting at the situation even if they could not understand it properly. And behind them, writhing in the darkness, came the roars and cries of the many monsters that terrorised Harry through all of his adventures.

"Harry Potter..." Lord Voldermort said with relish as he stared at him with his cold eyes, before turning to the Doctor and smiling at him with delight. "Doctor... How delightful for you to join us this evening."

"I find it very hard to believe that the Dark Wizard of a magical world would know my name," the Doctor replied sternly before gesturing to Voldermort. "Drop it, don't play these silly games any more. Show us who you really are."

"But the games are so much fun Doctor," Voldermort laughed, a high pitchedsqueal of pure insanity. "Well, they would be if you had played by the rules!" Voldermort roared, stamping his foot like an angry child.

"Hypocrite," the Doctor spat. "You didn't even bother explaining the rules and even if you had do you really think I would believe that you would honor any of them? That isn't who you are."

fireandblood

When the Doctor said that the TARDIS was locked, Robin's joy faded a little. As amazing a it was to see the beautiful blue spaceship in this place, it wouldn't do them any good if they couldn't get inside it. With a final pat and a sigh, Robin stepped away from the machine. She walked over to stand beside Hermione, who had kept quiet and was simply staring at the police box as though she was thinking very hard.

"What is it?" she asked finally. "Why is it here?"

"It's a sort of spaceship," Robin replied, looking at the young girl and trying to gage her reaction. "It's the Doctor's. It can sort of... travel in time also. He's taken me to some really amazing places. Other planets, other times..." Hermione looked up at Robin as if trying to decide whether or not she was joking. When she was at least partly sure the strange woman was telling the truth, she looked back at the TARDIS.

"What did you mean earlier, when you said you were a... Harry Potter expert?" the young witch asked shrewdly.

"That's... um, complicated, you see-" Robin was interrupted as the Doctor said that their enemy was standing across the room. Slowly, the two girls turned, and gasped in unison as their eyes locked on the horrible visage of Lord Voldemort. His eyes were full of seething hatred, and his voice was cold and cruel. Gently, Robin reached out and took Hermione's hand.

"Doctor," Robin breathed. "It's Voldemort. I mean I know it really isn't but it really really looks like him."

Villain

"Of course, he's the big boss Robin, it's no wonder he would want to look like the most powerful enemy," the Doctor said before taking a few steps towards Voldermort. "If he really was Voldermort then everyone but Harry would be dead and he would be gloating like the evil death flinging mad man that Voldermort is, but that's not who this man is. This man would hate it if his players were killed so offhandedly."

The wizards at Voldermort's side hissed at the Doctor like serpents as he drew nearer. The closer he got to the wizard, the more it seemed as if they were less like humans and more like beasts. The Doctor smiled at them before drawing to a stop less than two metres away from the snake skinned dark lord of all.

"I can only imagine your frustration," the Doctor said with amusement as he watched Voldermort's face contort with anger. "This must have taken a while to set up, even for you. You're used to just clicking your fingers and letting the whole of reality bend to your will. But this time you didn't, this time you used technology to build your world of fun."

"I take it that this new world is made from what remains of your Celestial Toy Room, blended with advanced technology?" The Doctor asked as he began to stroll in a circle and walk about the room, admiring the scenery like a visitor at an art galley.

"My process of reformation was taking too long. I needed to rebuild my domain quickly so that I could play my games again," Voldermort spoke with delight, his voice beginning to loose its smooth tone and instead sound low and aged, but yet the malice and cruelty remained.

"Interesting, technology meets divine powers creating this abomination," the Doctor said as he picked up one of the artifacts and examined it. "This is quite some devotion though. Never imagined that you would be a JK Rowling's biggest fan." The Doctor said before turning his head and glaring at Voldermort.

"The humans and the creatures that roam this world, what are they?" The Doctor asked, anger dripping off every word, it was clear that the doctor was doing his best to remain calm. "I scanned the kids, but I realised earlier that this sonic screwdriver of mine..." he pulled out the device before throwing it to the ground. "...is a fake. So, what are they? What are you preventing me from seeing?"

Voldermort smirked and raised his wand before twirling it through the air. The children straightened unnaturally, their eye wide and unblinking as they walked forwards and stepped between Voldermort and the Doctor.

"They are my toys Doctor," Voldermort spoke in a voice that was not his own. "Everything in this world is my toy. Even you."

fireandblood

Robin didn't notice that she was clutching the stolen wand in a death grip until she looked down and noticed that her knuckles were white. Spells jumped into her mind, and she had to resist the urge to try and take on the snakelike wizard... Even if it just distracted him for a moment to allow the Doctor to do something amazing. However, as the evil-looking man spoke, she was glad she had refrained.

Toy Room? What was that supposed to mean? She looked around. Everything looked real... There was the Vanishing Cabinet, over to the left was what would eventually be discovered as the lost diadem of Ravenclaw. But according to the Doctor, everything was made by this evil man's Celestial Toy Room. Robin found herself trembling and holding Hermione's hand a little tighter.

So it came as a shock to her when the children stiffened and walked forward. A small squeak escaped Robin but she clapped a hand to her mouth. And then, the man made the strangest claim yet... That even the Doctor was his toy.

"Doctor?" she said in a strangled voice. "What does he mean?"

Villain

"He means that we're his toys to play with, just like all the other beings in this world," the Doctor replied, his golden eyes narrowed on Voldermort. "This thing in front of us prides himself on playing with peoples lives like a game of chess. To him, its the most fun anyone could possibly have."

The Doctor walked back to Robin's side before pointing at the dark wizard with his thumb.

"In the old legends of the Time Lords they speak of this being. How he ensnares life forms into his Toy Room and challenges them to sick little games, with their freedom as the prize," the Doctor said with disgust. "It's his duty as one of the six guardians, godly entities, each a manifestation of some of the universes qualities, such as light and order, dark and chaos, or in this case, dream and fantasy."

The shadows of Voldermort's body began to bubble and froth as the Doctor spoke. His bone white skin became pink and warm and his head began to sprout grey strands of hair. The dark robes began to change from black to a rich red and gold which shined like treasure in the dim light.

"Sometimes he goes by his official title, the Crystal Guardian," the Doctor spoke as he watched the transformation. "Other times he goes by the name of, the Mandarin, but the first time I met him he went by only one name...." the Doctor spoke softly, his voice trailing off as the transformation completed.

Standing in Voldermort's place, was a tall man dressed like a Chinese emperor. His eyes and hair were dark and his clothes were lavish and grand. He wore a bright shining smile that seemed to twinkle with mischief and excitement, but not in the way that the Doctor smiled. This being's seemed to resemble the grin of a mad sadist, not an eccentric guardian of good. He bowed slightly at the two, his image flickering like bad reception on a television.

"The Celestial Toymaker" the Doctor spoke with a grimace. "One of the oldest, most insane beings in the universe."

"You are one to talk about sanity Doctor," the Toymaker chuckled, his hands folded neatly into the sleeves of his robes. "A man who abducts primates and sends them on grand tours of space and time to prevent himself from feeling lonely is a man who is dangerously close to losing his grip on reality."

"Which is why I am better than you, Doctor," the Toymaker spoke before his Voldermort disguise washed over him again. "I do not believe in reality."

fireandblood

The Doctor's words made fear bubble in Robin's chest. How could this person be a guardian of the Universe? From all she had seen with the Doctor, it seemed like these sort of godlike beings couldn't exist... Or else how would they let the horrible people she'd met wander around without consequence? But in looking at this Celestial Toymaker, Robin could see why. He wasn't any better himself.

As the man's disguise faded out of existence, Robin's breath caught in her throat. Though he looked eccentric, like a slightly crazy grandpa, there was a look in his eye that was disconcerting. It was a little glint of malice, hard to see past the smile, but there nonetheless. It was the kind of crazy that you saw when watching a documentary on psychopaths or cold-blooded killers.

And apparently he was even older than the Doctor, which was hard for Robin to comprehend. She guessed anyone would lose their mind if they were one of the oldest people in the Universe. It was almost a relief when the image of Voldemort washed back over him, since it covered up the true image of his insanity. Robin was shaking, even though she was trying her hardest to keep it under control. Nervously, she looked over at the Doctor.

"Okay, Doctor," she said softly, eyeing the Toymaker warily. "Now would be a good time to... I don't know.. Have a plan or something."

Villain

"Don't worry, I've got a plan. It's going to work too," the Doctor said to Robin before pulling off his anorak and tipping it upside down. A cascade of weird and wonderful tools dropped from the pockets of his coat, quickly forming large piles of alien technology. "It would work a lot better if I had my actual tools instead of these fakers you supplied me with, but I can manage."

"Doctor, whatever plan your cooking up, it won't work," the Toymaker said with amusement. "If your plan is to escape then you should know as well as I do that the Toy Room will not let the TARDIS leave until you have played my game and won."

"Oh I know, believe me I haven't forgotten," the Doctor said and turned to Robin before pointing at the Toymaker again. "The last time I met the Toymaker I shattered him into thousands of pieces. Even for a near god like entity, being broken apart takes time to heal from. So the Toymaker has bonded this place with cybernetics to help stabilise him and it, but despite all of his rule bending and technology the Toymaker must obey his own rules in the end. A win means freedom."

"And you'll remember Doctor that the aim of this game is to save the children," the Toymaker said with relish and placed a hand on Harry's shoulder. "How exactly do you plan on doing that when they are under my control?"

"Simple, I'm going to use the tools that you gave me to get out of here," the Doctor said cheerfully causing the Toymaker to laugh. "I'm serious, from the fake sonic screwdriver to the fake psychic spanner to the fake quantum drill to the fake wands that you really should have been keeping an eye on. Robin cast Alohomora on the TARDIS."

The Toymaker's red eyes widened before he raised his wand and pointed it at the Doctor and Robin. Before he could so much as yell in outrage, the Doctor leaped forwards, grabbed his fake sonic screwdriver, and hurled it into the path of a jet of green light that shot from the end of the Toymaker's wand.

The beam hit the screwdriver, causing it to explode in a shower of sparks and release a horrible screech that made the Toymaker clutch at his head whilst his entire image continuously swapped between the mandarin costume and Voldermort disguise.

Harry, Ron and Hermione seemed to regain their senses as the screech brought them into the world of the living again. They covered their ears and winced, whilst Harry yelled, "Doctor? What's going on!?"

"Don't worry, Robin is taking care of it!" the Doctor yelled back before frantically motioning to Robin to get the door open.

fireandblood

Robin could hardly follow the conversation at all. Her mind was still trying to wrap around the idea that here she was, talking to two people who were older than she could even imagine, trying to work out a plan to get out of this place alive. Also, one of them was doing his best to kill a bunch of innocent children as a game... One set in the magical universe of JK Rowling's book series.

And Robin was starting to get the idea that this was a normal day when traveling with the Doctor.

Suddenly, the Toymaker shot a green jet of light at her, which somehow part of her brain realized was the Killing Curse, but thankfully the Doctor threw his sonic screwdriver into its path. To her joy, she saw that the kids were coming back to the present, but then she felt confusion as the Doctor said that she was supposed to be taking care of it.

Frantically, she thought back, trying to remember if she had missed something. Robin, cast Alohomora on the TARDIS. Gasping, she whirled around and pointed the stolen wand at the blue box.

"Alohomora!" she shouted, and the door popped open with a click. Robin's mouth dropped open in shock. Turning back to the Doctor, she whispered. "That worked. It worked!"

Villain

"Of course it did, the Toymaker made genuine wands. He should have thought that a spell that can unlock anything could unlock the TARDIS," the Doctor said whilst throwing various fake tools at the Toymaker, who blasted them out the air with various beams of violent light.

"Now come on boys and girls! It's time for us to win this game!" The Doctor called to them before motioning for Robin and the kids to get inside the TARDIS. "Come on! Lets go!"

"In there?" Hermione cried as she stared at the big blue box. "What good is a police box against... whatever he is?! He will blow us to smithereens!"

"Robin, did you just hear that? Hermione Granger questioned my plan!" The Doctor called before grinning at her. "I'm about to prove Hermione Granger wrong! Today has been awesome!"

The Toymaker let out a roar as he struck the quantum drill out of the air, causing a massive cubed explosion of blue light. He pointed at the fleeing heroes and with flared nostrils screamed," GET THEM! KILL THEM ALL! THEY ARE CHEATING!"

The army of monster behind the insane entity sprung to life and charged at the Doctor and his comrades. All of them snarling and roaring like wild animals as they flung spells and slashed at the air with their claws and fangs. The team wasted no time in fleeing into the TARDIS, closing the door behind them with a heavy slam.

"Bloody hell!" Ron cried in wonder, his mouth hung open as he looked around the vast bronze control room of the TARDIS. Harry and Hermione seemed equally shocked as they stared at the steaming pipes, the wondrous glow of time crystals, the beeping controls and the musical hum of the machine.

"I know right?" The Doctor said with a chuckle as he ran over to the controls and began to rapidly push at buttons, spin wheels and yank down levers. "Go on... say it. I know you want to," he said to them, leaning back from the controls and grinning at them widely.

"Its..." Ron mumbled as he looked round.

"Go on..." the Doctor sniggered.

"Its..." Hermione whispered, her voice trembling.

"That's right. Out with it," the Doctor spoke, flicking at a random switch with a smug look on his face.

"It's bleeding warm in here!" Ron whined before loosening the yellow and gold tie around his neck and opening up his robes. "Someone turn the heating down, its like we're in an oven here."

The Doctor's eyes bulged out of his sockets as he gaped at Ron in total bewilderment. His mouth twisted like he had bitten into a lemon and his eyes shut tight while his arms flailed in incomprehension. Eventually the Doctor began to bash his head against the controls of the TARDIS in frustration.

"Why does no one care that this place is bigger on the inside?!" The Doctor yelled between strikes, his fist thumping against the controls.

"Why should we?" Ron asked in befuddlement. "My Dad owns a tent that's bigger than this place."

"And we do learn about magic Doctor," Hermione chirped. "We tend to learn about impossible things like this all the time," she said before jogging around the controls of the TARDIS and looking up at the walls excitedly. "How does it work? Is it an enchantment or have we simply disaperated to a new location?"

The Doctor didn't reply. He was too busy trying to give himself a migraine by banging his head even harder against the TARDIS.

"This is amazing," Harry spoke with wonder as he walked further across the floor of the TARDIS. "Its like a whole world has been shoved into one place."

"Thank you Harry!" The Doctor roared before turning to Robin and pointing at the young boy. "See Robin? Harry Potter knows the etiquette of being gobsmacked by my amazing and sexy TARDIS!" He complained before pausing.

"Wow, I really just said that. Today has been a really odd day," The Doctor spoke before glancing up at one of the screens and resuming his alterations of the TARDIS. "By the way, your family is in the cargo bay of the ship," the Doctor said, tapping one of the screens that showed three red dots in a rectangle.

"If you want to reach them quickly take the fireman pole," he said before pointing at a long silver pole that lay in the corner of the TARDIS, seemingly stretching infinitely into absolute darkness. "Just hold on tight and scream cargo bay really loud whilst you slide down it. And then take the lift to get back up here," he explained before pulling out one of the screens from the TARDIS's control pad and pointing it at Harry.

"Oh, and tell your family not to touch anything," he added before flicking a switch on the side of the screen that turned it green and showed a blue x-ray of Harry's skeleton.