My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Started by Kunoichi, April 10, 2011, 08:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

That and 300 Ponieswere the best.  Almost makes me want to watch the show.

Almost.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Chris Brady

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on August 02, 2011, 03:36:12 AM
Shuffles in.. drops this.

Pinkie Pie Likes Space

shuffles out..

note.. do NOT play at full volume
That was horrific.  I love it!

And I actually watched the first episode...  I like it...

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Kunoichi

So, interesting news about Season 2.  There's a new villain introduced in the first episode of the season who steals the Elements of Harmony and just generally causes trouble.

Star Trek fans may find him veeeeery familiar...

ReijiTabibito

Goddamit.  Isn't Ricardo Montalban dead?!

Oniya

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on September 13, 2011, 08:00:24 PM
Goddamit.  Isn't Ricardo Montalban dead?!

No.  It's worse.  Faaaaar worse.  Those poor ponies...  :o
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

ReijiTabibito

Right.  Because John de Lancie's Q is a terrifying villain.  Q's not anything, he's a spoiled brat in the vein of Trelane of Gothos from TOS.  I'm with Applejack on this one: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/215/0/6/oooo_by_ak71-d439fxk.png

Q's not a villain, he's a chubby boy with godlike powers.  Khan is a real villain.

Kunoichi

Hey, I never said anything about the villain being terrifying or menacing. :P All I said was that Star Trek fans would find him familiar.

ReijiTabibito

I know, but they went for a villain, and Q was the best they could come up with?  Q's the universe's buttmonkey.  For god's sake, he got hit in the balls by a Starfleet cadet!  *referring to events of the game Star Trek: Borg*

Kunoichi

Actually, I think it's less that they specifically chose Q for Discord, and more that they got John de Lancie and then decided to make Discord like Q.

Also, is that game canon? >>;

ReijiTabibito

Yeah, but John De Lancie has been playing Q or Q-analogues ever since Encounter at Farpoint...so by this time, to me, getting him to do another one is beating a dead pony.

Maybe.  I don't know.  All I know is I watched the Spoony One's review of it.

Wolfy

Chris Brady

Oniya

You're not the only one - apparently there's a whole 'Brony' phenomenon going on.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Kunoichi

xD Oh yes, yes there is.  It's a good thing.

Chris Brady

OK, ignore the fact that it's for girls.  It's for TEN YEAR OLDS!  I haven't been 10 years old for over 20!  This should not be as amusing as I find it.

O'course Pinky Pie is the insane one, and so I mainly watch for her antics.

CmdrRenegade

Please don't take this as trolling.  All I have to say is...I don't get it.  The only show I can compare this that I followed was Sailor Moon, but that contained girls in tight school girl outfits.  I don't get the appeal of this show. 
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Major Major

The main reason for its' success is fairly simple, Renegade, but at the same time, it's profound:

The show is aimed at 10 year old girls, yes. BUT- and it's a big but- it treats the viewers with respect and intelligence, not talking down to them or treating them as being wallets. If I may stretch a little, it's not unlike Mister Roger's Neighbourhood in it's relation to it's audience.

Chris Brady

Kunoichi

I watch it 'cause it's awesome.

Though, speaking of watching it, did anyone catch the Season 2 premiere this morning? ;D

Major Major

I'm watching it right now. Why am I not surprised that the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and Scootaloo in particular, caused the whole mess?

Dhi

I watched it this evening. It wasn't my favorite episode, but I do love the adventure episodes with a monster/villain. It seemed to me that Celestia was a little bit smaller in this episode, and not quite as regal with her voice. Maybe I'm just imagining it, but it wouldn't surprise me if they got some negative feedback about portraying Celestia as a living goddess.

Word is that this season will have an episode centered around Luna. I'm looking forward to that!

Kunoichi

Likewise. ^^ I think pretty much everyone's been looking forward to that one.

I do have to wonder how things are going to be resolved in Part 2, though.  Like, will Discord be sealed back up in stone, or is he going to escape being imprisoned and retire to some distant location to plot revenge?

Wolfy

Wolfy

@_@

*Curls up in corner* So that's why she's always happy....