[Interest Check] Exalted: the Alchemicals: When you Download Voidtech...

Started by The Great Triangle, March 11, 2010, 08:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Triangle

I'm potentially interested in running an Exalted game set in Autocthonia, focusing on the Alchemical Exalted.  The game would focus on the actions of state sponsored superheroes trying to defeat a fast spreading technological meme in the elemental pole of oil from corrupting and destroying the entire world. 

The game would have somewhat of a cyberpunk feel to it, and be centered in a region called the Oil Ocean, which is essentially a gigantic cavern filled with oil rigs performing various ill defined alchemical functions.  The PCs are the heroes of a floating city on the oil ocean, and travel to various other facilities to try and find the source of the voidtech that threatens the crash the entire system keeping everyone alive.  Gameplay will be about chasing gremlins down polluted tunnels in hovercraft, finding ways to fix incredibly screwed up machines, and epic confrontations with mentally ill machine gods atop the pistons and gears of the guts of the primordial Autocthon.

The game will use standard character creation, with an additional 35xp.  As a house rule, charms will cost only 3xp, while the xp costs of charm slots and charm slot upgrades will be doubled.  Material from Wonders of the Lost Age, Oadenol's Codex, the Mountain Folk section of Scroll of Fallen Races, and martial arts from any exalted supplement (with ST approval) will be allowed.  No other sources will be permitted.  (aside from the core, obviously)  Breaking the Seal of Eight Divinities and entering Creation will be a possible plot element, but it won't be a default part of the game. 

The game will take place in the nation of Nurad, thus allowing alchemical characters two free dots in the cult background.  The cult background may be taken to level 4, representing the policy of the nation to direct its prayers to its champions.  Mortals may also be played, gaining an additional 35 bonus points to create a character with.  Mortals can purchase enlightened essence or increase their essence for 11 bonus points per dot or 10 x rating, and buy terrestrial martial arts for 7 bonus points per charm or 15xp per charm.  Autocthonian mortals may not learn sorcery, but may receive void (wyld) mutations and the demiurge mutation. 
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Terian

I... Might be interested--are you going to allow any Adamant Castes by chance?  Or are you leaving that out?

I'll have to consider possible concepts ahead of time though

The Great Triangle

Adamant castes will not, in general, be allowed, since you'll have to either impersonate a mortal or stay away from the other players most of the time.  If you can somehow see yourself being able to do a fulfilling roleplay within those limitations than go ahead.  :-)     (the other five castes are much much easier to integrate into a group though, and if it's a matter of swinging around awesome adamant equipment, there's fivefold harmonic adapters for that.)

Ons and Offs

Terian

Hmm, fair enough then, I've got a rough idea on a Jade Caste to work with then.

You can consider this a formal notation of interest by the way

Empyrean

AlexStone

Empyrean

So Triangle, are you going for a type of perfect assembly with each of us playing one member from each caste? Or are you going to allow more than one, say, Starmetal?

The Great Triangle

I never require a perfect circle.  I believe every character type has enough archtypes to sustain an entire circle of the same caste. 

Ons and Offs

Empyrean

Then I'll get to work on a character. I've got a Soulsteel in mind. I'll try to have it to you by the end of the weekend. :)

The Great Triangle

Sounds good.  An entire circle of soulsteel exalts would be very easy to ST for, when all you have is a hammer.  I have something of a problem in Exalted with players missing odd niches in their entire circle and having trouble in certain situations though.  (suprise negation, strike incorporeal and shaping defense are the most common niches that people miss.  Sorcery is another niche that often needs to get covered, though an Autocthonia, Shaping Defense and Sorcery are considerably less neccisary.) 

Ons and Offs

Empyrean

How do you feel about players creating custom artifacts using the Oadenol's Codex rules?

The Great Triangle

I feel the same way as I do about players creating custom charms; as long as it fits within the scope of the rules, and they get approval, it's perfectly okay.

Ons and Offs

Empyrean

Excellent. :) I'll get to work then.

Did you get the rough draft of the character I sent you?

Empyrean

The Great Triangle

When I get some more serious interest from other players.  :-)

Ons and Offs