An Adventure Awaits! [Closed for Now]

Started by Diesel Heart, August 18, 2018, 12:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diesel Heart

Hello, fellow fantasy roleplaying enthusiasts!  I am Diesel Heart, an aspiring Dungeon Master, in search for a group of like-minded individuals that would have an interest in writing a Dungeons & Dragons sandbox campaign together. Given the nature of being sandbox, I will not have anything in-depth to place down about the world at this moment because I will be shaping it around the characters accepted into the game. Yes, you read that right. The world will be tailored around the characters so each of them feel like they have a dynamic truly represented throughout the campaign. So, if you have any interest, feel free to fill out the form provided below for review and also feel free to ask any questions.

General Information

• I will try my best to make a Dungeon Master post twice a week.
  • I will begin this game inside of a small town, full of Non-Player Characters ready to be interacted with and/or explored. I hope to ensure each has a story to tell in this hopefully dynamic-feeling setting.
  • There will be plenty of Adventure Hooks to take our Player Character's party off on quests to secure glory, riches, and unlock secrets.
  • Smut is completely viable in this game, and I expect some of you will be seeking a lot of it. This may become an element in some quests.

Rules

• Dice Rolling: The game will be written in third-person, free-form format with a header providing general information about your character (HP, PP, AC, Class, Race). There will be no need for rolling any dice. I will be gauging success or failure based on (a) your creativity, (b) passive skill checks, and (c) the logic/explanation behind solving the skill. This applies to combat as well. I am a Dungeon Master that looks toward immersion and a storytelling perspective over randomly generated numbers. I am not against dramatic suspense and tension, but I prefer to reward initiative and apply appropriate levels of risk through prose.
  • Content: I will not sugarcoat anything when I say this: anything can happen. The only restrictions that apply to this game are what is listed under Elliquiy's rules and policies. This mainly means, there will be no sexual content involving a character below the age of 16, but everything else is applicable. Non-consensual sex (such as an orc raid pillaging a town and raping the women), mutilation (such as forced castration), possession, and other dark and/or extreme content may be found. Note: I am not suggesting this game will be saturated in such activity, but it does exist in the world of Dungeons & Dragons.

Questionnaire

1.) What are you hoping to see within a Dungeons & Dragons campaign? (Inform me of your expectations. Are you somebody that enjoys life-threatening combat encounters, prefer puzzle-solving, seek character developing story progression, or a combination of it all?)
2.) Are you comfortable with dark content if it arises? Is there anything you would prefer not see? (Essentially, I need to know what I should not include in this game so I can keep you comfortable and willing to participate.)

3.) Character Name:
4.) Character Age:
5.) Character Race:
6.) Character Background:
7.) Character Class:
8.) Character History:
9.) Why is your Character adventuring?

Snake

Call me interested!  I can have the questionaire answered by tomorrow

Big question is starting lvl and stat generation method

LilyOfTheGalley

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Snake on August 18, 2018, 01:27:53 PM
Call me interested!  I can have the questionaire answered by tomorrow

Big question is starting lvl and stat generation method

We will start at level 1 with standard array. The adventurer's should be just a cut above the normal person, as usual, and new to the adventuring career.

LSWSjr

Just thought I'd throw my hat into the ring with a questionnaire :)

1.) What are you hoping to see within a Dungeons & Dragons campaign? A healthy mix of character development, heroic genocide and problem solving
2.) Are you comfortable with dark content if it arises? Is there anything you would prefer not see? Yes, I'm comfortable with most everything these days and my character's more likely to object than I am
3.) Character Name: Kayla Dru'Kun
4.) Character Age: 21
5.) Character Race: Tiefling [Winged variant]
6.) Character Background: Investigator
7.) Character Class: Fighter [Arcane Archer]
8.) Character History (Summary): Raised by her deceased-mother's ranger troop, Kayla took to hunting criminals from the rooftops upon finding herself unable to establish a bond with nature
9.) Why is your Character adventuring? Her infernal appearance often sees her driven out of smaller communities if she lingers too long, so outside of the big cities she keeps on the move and helps wherever she can

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

Blackbird

Extremely interested!

I've had an eye out for a good PbP D&D game for quite some time, and I've tried some in the past that had potential but ultimately fell apart for one reason or another. Simply put, I know from experience how rare a good one is to find. This game has my hopes up though, because I love everything you're saying, Diesel! :)

What I look for most in a Dungeon Master is someone who doesn't see their players as just narrative tourists to be guided through their story, but rather the stars of the show and will tailor the story to revolve around them. Also, I'm both intrigued and impressed by your concept of making your rulings based on descriptive writing instead of dice rolls (which is always such a hassle to deal with on forums). As one who enjoys writing as a hobby, I find the idea most appealing. So overall, you're checking off all the boxes!

Couple of questions for you too. Is there any source material you don't allow? For example, are we limited to just the Player's Handbook, or is Unearthed Arcana off-limits, or is it basically anything goes? And also, just out of curiosity, what kind of D&D and/or play-by-post experience do you have?

Anyway, here's my questionnaire for your consideration:

1.) Tying in a little with what I mentioned above, what I look for in a D&D campaign as a player is mostly a story built around the PCs, which appears to be the case here. I love how D&D is a collaborative storytelling experience, so having cool NPCs (and fellow PCs) to interact with is very important. Another thing I like is feeling like we (the party) are actually part of something important, consequential, or significant, not just running around being murder hobos. And while it's not a requirement, it can be cool for some political aspects be included in the campaign, such as becoming entangled in the machinations of different factions, kingdoms, or organizations.

I do also really like combat, particularly when you have multiple party members working together to combo abilities and spells to solve problems in fun and creative ways. And if the combat can be made to be dramatic, with memorable set pieces, dire stakes, or with unconventional  objectives, so much the better. All that said, I should point out that the character I have in mind would be designed more for social situations then fighting.

Also loot. Lots of loot. Specifically magic items, as over time those magic items become part of a character's identity.

2.) Yes, I am ok with dark content, and I'll even shamelessly admit that's part of what I'm here for. I play D&D with my RL friends in a more non-adult setting, so this will give me the chance to more freely express mature themes. In other words, bring on the smut!

3.) Character Name:  Working on it. Names are hard...
Visual Inspiration:

4.) Character Age:  22
5.) Character Race:  Human
6.) Character Background:  Courtier
7.) Character Class:  Divine Soul Sorcerer
8.) Character History:  Representative for some kind of court or bureaucracy as a negotiator or ambassador type agent
9.) Why is your Character adventuring?  Government assignment

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Blackbird on August 19, 2018, 02:03:57 PM
Couple of questions for you too. Is there any source material you don't allow? For example, are we limited to just the Player's Handbook, or is Unearthed Arcana off-limits, or is it basically anything goes? And also, just out of curiosity, what kind of D&D and/or play-by-post experience do you have?

Ah, good question.  I prefer to stray away from Unearthed Arcana, Homebrew, or 3rd Party content. I generally try and approach rulings as a "Rules as Written" perspective, because "Rules as Intended" are more, shall we say, likely to be misinterpreted. Of course, it should go without saying that I'll bend or alter things to fit the current state of the game and enjoyment. Back on topic, anything within officially published 5th Edition Wizards of the Coast content is viable.

My experience with D&D is scattered across my 27 years. I got introduced to it when I was young because my uncle played it in the 80s, telling me of his character (which I'll be homaging in this). I played 3.5 briefly when in the early 2000's. My experience with 5th Edition, however, has been roughly 2000+ hours on Roll20. I've DMed plenty and played much more. I've GM'd a few games on Elliquiy when life wasn't getting in the way, and I've been a roleplayer across various mediums for over 15 years, 5 or more on forums similar to this.

Snake

Still working on mine >.> getting too many possible characters and no idea which to use.

1)I pretty much echo what Blackbird says here. It's always better ot have  dynamic setting that reacts according to what we (the PC's) do and not just fully railroaded into a storyline that was built up to tell us a story and not really allow us to have actual impact.

2) There's some dark stuff that I'm uncomfortable with but some stuff that intrigues me.  But yeah bring on the smut! I even like the idea of like capture-rape or the like

will fill in the rest of the questions once I get a character built

Blackbird

Quote from: Diesel Heart on August 19, 2018, 02:16:20 PMMy experience with D&D is scattered across my 27 years. I got introduced to it when I was young because my uncle played it in the 80s, telling me of his character (which I'll be homaging in this). I played 3.5 briefly when in the early 2000's. My experience with 5th Edition, however, has been roughly 2000+ hours on Roll20. I've DMed plenty and played much more. I've GM'd a few games on Elliquiy when life wasn't getting in the way, and I've been a roleplayer across various mediums for over 15 years, 5 or more on forums similar to this.

Wow. You're a pretty seasoned D&D veteran, huh?

How developed is your "descriptive writing instead of dice rolls" concept? Is that something you've done a lot in the past or is it a fairly new idea?

Snake

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Blackbird on August 19, 2018, 02:27:51 PM
Wow. You're a pretty seasoned D&D veteran, huh?

How developed is your "descriptive writing instead of dice rolls" concept? Is that something you've done a lot in the past or is it a fairly new idea?

I have done plenty of freeform and roleplay on MMORPG's that I typed out as a result of dice roll. I would not claim I have a refined technique or even suggest I have actual experience. However, the concept behind it is rather straightforward I believe. As an example:

The characters just walked into an empty room that's doors all sealed shut upon entry. From there, I wait until all of the characters have posted their reactions, possibly initiated a conversation to discuss the situation, and see what they intend to do (or not do) in those conditions. No dice rolls be need to be made from you. Instead, I decide results based on what the characters intention is, how they go about doing that intention, and other factors such as passive perception. My next post reveals the fruits of the character's labors, providing extra tension or complication mixed in with the silver linings and choices.  Rinse and repeat.

Snake

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Snake on August 19, 2018, 02:39:37 PM
Effectively reducing the overall amount of die rolls needed?

Precisely. Think of it this way: I am using a loose set of guidelines provided in the D&D books to facilitate fair play in chaotic environments instead of randomly throwing out a curveball simply for the sake of doing so.

Blackbird

Quote from: Snake on August 19, 2018, 02:21:38 PMStill working on mine >.> getting too many possible characters and no idea which to use.

Would it be helpful to simply post them all and ask the DM for feedback? Or you could just wait until other people submit ideas first, then make your decision on what hasn't already been taken.

Snake

Well one idea is a half-elf Sorcerer

Another is a half-elf or tiefling warlock-hexblade (later)

Then there's just a straight fighter type that would later use polearm master and sentinel to make getting past them frustrating as hell. I'd add Tunnel fighter to it but that's UA currently.

Brittlby

I’d like to submit if it’s not too late!

1.) What are you hoping to see within a Dungeons & Dragons campaign? 

I prefer story progression, puzzle solving and harrowing combat, in that order. Unless it serves a thematic purpose, I’m usually not too focused on the fighting.

2.) Are you comfortable with dark content if it arises? Is there anything you would prefer not see?

Aside from site rules, I’m fairly open to anything!

3.) Character Name: Urzoth Dantrain Hargraves III
4.) Character Age: 26
5.) Character Race: Half Orc
6.) Character Background: Noble
7.) Character Class: Barbarian
8.) Character History: Despite Urz’s savage demeanor and wicked armor, true nomadic Orcs or even those raised amongst the savage nomads would recognize it all as cabaret. Her full name and title was Urzoth Dantrain Hargraves III, Countess of Emmenulia and Seed of Vark Swordbiter, and her upbringing was very much more in line with the Elven Countess side of things rather than the “Seed of Swordbiter”. There are laughable paintings in her mother’s Manse of her debutante coming out party, with her dressed in soft pink satin and towering a good two feet over the other girls.

She took her thick black hide and iron armor on the day she purchased it and scuffed it by throwing it off the third story balcony onto the rocks below, multiple times to make it look “Orcish”. And so, while she can frequently be seen indulging in a tall ale tankard, it is never filled with ale, but most often a complex spiced merlot to compliment a thyme roasted chicken.

9.) Why is your Character adventuring? Despite being the only heir, as a “shame birth”, she has never considered herself a particularly good match for her mother’s heir and has largely shunned her responsibilities. The Orcish side of her blood hums even under decades of the finest tutelage and nearest proximity to a loving family her cadre of nannies and teachers could provide.

For glory and rebellion, she is very much a petulant child thumbing her nose at the society that laughs at her behind her back. Despite that, her heart is in the right place and if anything her sense of chivalry and adventure has been tainted by too many storybooks.
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

Madam Striga

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Zoastria on August 20, 2018, 06:25:26 AM
Interested - I'd probably run a cleric or druid x:

Either will work! Just fill out the questionnaire so I know what you're intending to play.  When I've got all the slots filled out, I'll approach the actual character sheets.

Diesel Heart

I'll go ahead and throw in my own character so that I can write and interact from a non-Dungeon Master perspective.

Work In Progress

Above all else, fun is the goal. I seek immersion in a high fantasy setting where story-telling and character development are paramount. The social interaction is also something I can enjoy. I enjoy fight scenes so long as they have a purpose to the story or adventure, and I'm never one to shy away from conflict, interpersonal drama, or other elements of tension that add depth to the story.

2.) Are you comfortable with dark content if it arises? Is there anything you would prefer not see?

I am comfortable with pretty much everything.

3.) Character Name: Donavan "Donny Brook" Brookhaven
4.) Character Age: 31
5.) Character Race: Human (Variant)
6.) Character Background: Urchin
7.) Character Class: Monk
8.) Character History:
Donavan vaguely remembers anything of his childhood with the exception of his family belonging to some slum outside of Port Carcemonet. His childhood consisted of running with other children performing a variety of illicit activities. Mostly left to his own devices, Donavan was forced to develop a thick skin and learn how to defend himself from others - after all, street brawls were all too common among Port Carcemonet's youth. It was apparently something he was good at, often having to face off with someone on behalf of the gang after they stepped on the wrong toes. When they realizes they could make some money for food off of it, life got a lot more hectic and dangerous, but they could eat and sleep in relative peace for a change. This lifestyle continued until things went horribly wrong...

Anya, one of his closest friends and childhood sweetheart, broke away from the gang after landing a job as a custodian for a seedy tavern. At first, it seemed promising and he often visited.  It was during one visit that he noticed she was hiding her face from him, bringing him to question the reason and discover she was being abused by the owner (in more ways than one). Infuriated, he stormed out of her closet-sized room and lept over the bar to start pummeling the owner.  The altercation quickly turned south when the owner's number of criminals sitting in the bar started to defend their mutual benefactor. Donavan was quickly taken down and kicked and beaten on the floor until they thought he was dead. After he stopped moving and Anya was pulled off of him, he was tossed out into the alley.

It wasn't until days later that Donavan regained consciousness, finding himself resting in some man's home. An older, bald gentleman greeted him with food and water, claiming to have saved him after witnessing the entire fight. They held a lengthy conversation thereafter, and Donavan was extended the courtesy of staying there with the expectations of keeping the house clean. After several months of diligent obedience, the gentleman asked Donavan to accompany him in the one room he had previously been forbidden to enter. Inside was training equipment, statuettes of people, artistic paintings on the wall and more. That night, Donavan was introduced to martial arts and the practice of using an energy source lying dormant in his body and soul.

pdragon

I enjoy a mix of everything. Hopefully enough room for character interaction since that can sometimes be lacking when trying to focus on the system aspect of it.

I'm good with most stuff, so long as it feels like it fits the story and doesn't seem self indulgent or gratuitous

3.) Character Name: Gremwall Tallteller
4.) Character Age: 25
5.) Character Race: Tiefling
6.) Character Background: Entertainer
7.) Character Class: Bard
8.) Character History: Grew up a street urchin in a mostly human city. Knowing that thievery would be punished far more harshly on a tiefling than a human or elven child, she instead took to entertaining to make money, using her colorful, outlandish appearance like a costume when performing. As she grew older she took to traveling from town to town collecting and retelling stories, using her infernal nature as a novelty to draw in crowds and always moving on before that novelty wore off.
9.) Why is your Character adventuring?: After years of telling (and embellishing) the stories of other adventurers, she's gotten the itch to actually experience an adventure of her own. Plus she can both make some fat loot off of the journey and then profit off the stories for years afterwards, essentially making it doubly lucrative.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Madam Striga

Quote from: Diesel Heart on August 20, 2018, 07:36:52 AM
Either will work! Just fill out the questionnaire so I know what you're intending to play.  When I've got all the slots filled out, I'll approach the actual character sheets.

Would I be alright to run a Kobold in this? As detailed in Volo's. If not, I can run something more vanilla x:

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Zoastria on August 21, 2018, 08:22:36 AM
Would I be alright to run a Kobold in this? As detailed in Volo's. If not, I can run something more vanilla x:

You can run a kobold, sure! I just want you to recognize the potential consequences of playing a monstrous character to general society. Essentially, the things that Volo's gives some disclaimer/warning about.

Madam Striga

Quote from: Diesel Heart on August 21, 2018, 08:29:37 AM
You can run a kobold, sure! I just want you to recognize the potential consequences of playing a monstrous character to general society. Essentially, the things that Volo's gives some disclaimer/warning about.

Understood o7

Madam Striga

1.) Puzzle solving, character development and plenty of opportunities for social problem solutions. Combat is never really a focus for me, but I know it has its place.

2.) I'm okay with most things, but gorey mutilations etc. are a big no-no for me. I also feel like dark content should have a reason for being included, rather than just being thrown in for the heck of it, you know?

3.) Character Name: Pigla "Piggy"
4.) Character Age: 17
5.) Character Race: Kobold
6.) Character Background: Acolyte
7.) Character Class: Cleric

8.) Character History: Now, if you ever find yourself wondering how a Kobold of all beings ends up as a cleric to Selune. The answer is simple... or not so simple, depending on your perspective. For Pigla, it was a cut and dry matter after being discarded by her tribe for being too different, and too sickly. Their leader got it in his head that her pink skin was a sign of disease and that if they did not discard her, it would spread to the rest of the tribe. In an act of self-preservation, he kicked her out on her arse and left her to fend for herself, quite rudely.  As an inquisitive, if naive creature, Pigla wandered quite carelessly into a nearby human settlement to find food and was quickly turned upon by the locals. One elderly man mistook her for a giant naked rat and beat her with his cane, whereas the guards quickly recognised her for what she was after responding to  the commotion and turned her out none-too-gently. Pigla would have perished in this moment if a "crackpot" of a cleric from the local temple of Selune had not found her and taken pity on her. The other clerics thought that Alin had finally snapped, losing what was left of his sanity, but out of respect for his seniority allowed the creature, they dubbed "Piggy" after a miscommunication of her name, to stay a while so that she might recover. Only once she did, she decided that she didn't want to leave - the temple had such pretty shinies and tasty foods, and their robes weren't shabby either! It took stubborn pleading - and many rough hand gestures - but she was able to convince them to take her on as an acolyte.

9.) A healthy dosage of curiousity and the desire to pay back the temple of Selune for aiding her, by spreading their good word. This is only highly challenging due to the assumptions made surrounding her being a kobold. Piggy believes she is up to the challenge.

Remec

I was just thinking I would like to find an ongoing game of some sort...here's the questionnaire:

1.) What are you hoping to see within a Dungeons & Dragons campaign? (Inform me of your expectations. Are you somebody that enjoys life-threatening combat encounters, prefer puzzle-solving, seek character developing story progression, or a combination of it all?)
I would enjoy of a nice mix of everything, especially character development and a strong plot/story.

2.) Are you comfortable with dark content if it arises? Is there anything you would prefer not see? (Essentially, I need to know what I should not include in this game so I can keep you comfortable and willing to participate.)
Not usually something I would initiate, but can get a feel for some when it seems necessary for the story and/or appropriate for the characters (PC or NPC) involved.

3.) Character Name: Micah Handeler
4.) Character Age: 20
5.) Character Race: Aasimar
6.) Character Background: Sage
7.) Character Class: Druid
8.) Character History: Discovered an affinity for the adoration of the local Moon goddess and studied as much as he could under the eye of an old hermit near his village.
9.) Why is your Character adventuring? Comes from a simple village and had not been aware of his heritage until he hit adolescence. Now entering his twenties, he has decided he needs to go out into the wider world and find out more about the difference between those touched by the Outer Planes and those not so blessed (cursed?).

Chulanowa

Interested as well; however, I have a full day at work ahead of me

Madam Striga

Quote from: Remec on August 21, 2018, 10:01:01 AM
I was just thinking I would like to find an ongoing game of some sort...here's the questionnaire:

I would enjoy of a nice mix of everything, especially character development and a strong plot/story.

Not usually something I would initiate, but can get a feel for some when it seems necessary for the story and/or appropriate for the characters (PC or NPC) involved.

3.) Character Name: Micah Handeler
4.) Character Age: 20
5.) Character Race: Aasimar
6.) Character Background: Sage
7.) Character Class: Druid
8.) Character History: Discovered an affinity for the adoration of the local Moon goddess and studied as much as he could under the eye of an old hermit near his village.
9.) Why is your Character adventuring? Comes from a simple village and had not been aware of his heritage until he hit adolescence. Now entering his twenties, he has decided he needs to go out into the wider world and find out more about the difference between those touched by the Outer Planes and those not so blessed (cursed?).

Fellow moon worshipper here - wanna plot something out?

Majabya

I'm kinda new to DnD, my interest of late comes from watching some campaigns on youtube in my spare time, like Critical Role and all that. Either way, I'm eager to learn and play.

Good stories, good friends, good times, but more than anything I'm trying to learn the game better and get out of my shell as well. I guess I'm kinda like my character and just hungry for the experience.
I'm surprisingly comfortable with pretty much anything as long as it's called for. The Cannibals gotta eat too and all that.

3.) Character Name: Rainy Skies (Rain for short)
4.) Character Age: 18
5.) Character Race: Tabaxi
6.) Character Background: Caravan Specialist
7.) Character Class: Ranger
8.) Character History: Rain warred with boredom day in and day out, his home town a humble host of hovels, barely more than a large camp stationed in the middle of grassy plains. Having heard a handful of stories from travelers over the years, the young tabaxi grew restless, he wanted to see more of the world than just this smattering of tents and blue skies. He wanted to meet an orc, to see a dragon, to see what all this ale stuff was about and why dwarves, whatever those were, drank it till they keeled over. So, after honing what skills he could, Rainy eventually left his home by stowing away on a passing merchant's cart. 
9.) Why is your Character adventuring?: The only thing that seemed to ease Rain's boredom in his youth were the stories he coaxed from vagrants and merchants, and because of this fascination, he wants to live out as many as he can. And if he gets to tell a child somewhere a tale that makes their eyes go wide, all the better.

Blackbird

Quote from: Majabya on August 21, 2018, 03:03:09 PMWhat are you hoping to see within a Dungeons & Dragons campaign?
Good stories, good friends, good times,

Perfect answer in my opinion.

Remec

Quote from: Zoastria on August 21, 2018, 12:05:01 PM
Fellow moon worshipper here - wanna plot something out?

Sure, sounds like a plan...*ducking back a page to reread Pigla's entry*...first thing that comes to mind is that Alin, your crackpot, could be my hermit and we might have had to sit through the same teaching sessions (maybe together, maybe separately) only you are following the clerical service and I feel in with the slightly more esoteric druidical one.

What else might we have done together? Maybe I helped you in learning Common...

Madam Striga

Quote from: Remec on August 22, 2018, 07:38:23 AM
Sure, sounds like a plan...*ducking back a page to reread Pigla's entry*...first thing that comes to mind is that Alin, your crackpot, could be my hermit and we might have had to sit through the same teaching sessions (maybe together, maybe separately) only you are following the clerical service and I feel in with the slightly more esoteric druidical one.

What else might we have done together? Maybe I helped you in learning Common...

Hah, that would fit quite well. Poor Alin x) I do like the idea of him teaching her common (starting with swear words, obviously)

Remec

Quote from: Zoastria on August 22, 2018, 07:49:43 AM
Hah, that would fit quite well. Poor Alin x) I do like the idea of him teaching her common (starting with swear words, obviously)

I think I usually follow the Sesame Street/Electric Company language pattern...colors and numbers, Days of the week, household items...and, yes, cursing once an attempt is made to use the new words among native speakers... hehehe

Madam Striga

Quote from: Remec on August 22, 2018, 08:30:45 AM
I think I usually follow the Sesame Street/Electric Company language pattern...colors and numbers, Days of the week, household items...and, yes, cursing once an attempt is made to use the new words among native speakers... hehehe

Sounds good to me. It might also help explain, further, why Piggy is travelling - if she's being accompanied.

Diesel Heart

Alright, folks! With the two others that posted interest still working on character sheets and everyone else's characters being submitted, I'm going to close it off there for now. I will start working on the world and ask people questions through private message soon. Come Saturday, I will provide character sheets for everyone to fill out and we can get started on Monday, hopefully.

Madam Striga

Quote from: Diesel Heart on August 22, 2018, 08:56:51 AM
Alright, folks! With the two others that posted interest still working on character sheets and everyone else's characters being submitted, I'm going to close it off there for now. I will start working on the world and ask people questions through private message soon. Come Saturday, I will provide character sheets for everyone to fill out and we can get started on Monday, hopefully.

Exciting!

Brittlby

Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues

O/O

pdragon

Request Thread

Brittlby

O/O

pdragon

there's probably a spell for that, like she has a magic symbol/ruin that she can paste on anything and they just go around putting it on everyone's clothes and armor saying it's "official merch"

Request Thread

LSWSjr

Nah, I know a goblin sweatshop where we can get them made for a couple silver each ^_^

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

Snake

Sorry but i'm going to drop my interest here; I just can't get a character built up. >.< I just can't decide which one.

Chulanowa

Mind if I jump in that spot? On phone now, but can Chuck out a character later tonight!

Diesel Heart

Chulanowa

Still deciding between a Fighter or Paladin (leaning paladin), but otherwise I'm solid:

I'm a big fan of the "classic" feel - dank dungeons, ruins of nearly-forgotten empires, groady-but-charming NPC's, traps, rust monsters, and the sensation of the world being "lived in," if that makes any sense. I hate the "polished" feel of most MMO's where it's almost as if your character is the first being to ever be in a given place. Speaking of, one thing I'd like to avoid is LotR / Blizzard-style "doomsday of the week" scenarios; Maybe there is a great dark overlord gathering his armies and preparing to march in the near future, but we have rats to kill and copper to pilfer!

Two main things I'm not down for are rape-as-plot-device (please, no orcish hordes with eternal hardons for elf maidens or whatever) and grotesque body horror. What I mean by the latter is... well, in horror movie terms, 1958's "The Fly" is okay, but 1986's version of "The Fly" is right out. Pain and death and loss are fine for me (I cut my RPG teeth on white Wolf games after all!) but outright prolonged torture is generally a no for me - torture my character, but with "you were tortured, and the gaoler had a thing for razors and needles,' that's all I need, can work with it from there. XD Also, please no zombie apocalypses - they don't bother me, buth tye do make me fall asleep.

3.) Character Name: Bryldora Stoutbluff of the Jokkyd Clan
4.) Character Age: 30
5.) Character Race: Mountain Dwarf
6.) Character Background: Mercenary Veteran
7.) Character Class: Paladin
8.) Character History: "Bryl" was born into the lap of privilege and prestige, as the daughter and sole heir of King Homdùr Stoutbloof of the Jokkyd Clan, ruler of the seacliff Fortress-city of, well, Seacliff. However, even the princess has the responsibilities of any dwarf, and the morning after her 20th birthday, she was inducted into the militia. The Seacliff Militia wasn't exactly the well-oiled machine one thinks of with dwarven militias; bounded on three sides by the sea and on the fourth by the friendly human city-state of (imaginativly) Seaside, they were pretty lax. Bryldora certainly learned plenty from the Drillmasters, armorsmiths, and veterans, but there was no sense of urgency or danger. After all, it's not like goblins could attack, right?

Well, they didn't have to; there was rot at the heart of Seacliff, a plot between two clans that had taken a dark, sour turn even in the time before Bryldora's birth; When Clan Hyggs finally made a move on its rival clan Gorthunak, the result was a swarm of undead and summoned monsters that overwhelmed the militia, adding many to their ranks. Hyggs lost control of their created army in short order, and the resultant two-day civil war culminated in a massive explosion that tore Seacliff from its foundations and threw it into the sea. Bryldora is one of the few survivors of seacliff who were fished out of the water or washed ashore. The actions of Clan Hyggs had no only poisoned their own name, but that of Seacliff as a whole, for having tolerated (even unknowingly) their heresies. Clan Jokkyd, as the rulers, bore the brunt of this shame; even the other survivors would have nothing to do with Bryldora, and spat the name of her father.

After some time with the other refugees in Seaside, Bryl struck out on her own, not just to escape their scorn, but to try to rebuild what she can of her family's name, maybe even holdings. Her pampered childhood has worn away in the realities of surface-dwelling exile, and battle against real foes alongside real armies.

9.) Why is your Character adventuring? her ideal is to redeem her family name in the Dwarven way - honorable actions, glory in battle, and bloody revenge against all who have ties to Clan Hyggs. Maybe her clan will never be kings again (as far as she knows she may even be the last...) but at least she can try to rebuild their standing in history. Her reality is that living requires gold, and there's always someone out there paying good gold for some hired steel; and when there's not, well, treasure has a funny way of being squirreled away in caverns and ruins...

Madam Striga

Quote from: Chulanowa on August 24, 2018, 11:02:10 PM
Still deciding between a Fighter or Paladin (leaning paladin), but otherwise I'm solid:

DWARF LADY O:

Diesel Heart

I have a few other people interested in this, so I am thinking of making this something akin to two groups of adventurers to help spread out things from a CR Encounter sake.  Before I do that, however, I'm curious what you all think of that.  If I do that, I'd expand the number of slots and this might grow into a bigger game.  Thoughts? Opinions?

Brittlby

It’s a lot of bodies for you to juggle, even in two teams. Also, play by post games have a low player retention rate. You might be best advised to start with what you have and have a secondary story hook to a Second Wave of players to replenish drop outs.

O/O

Remec

Quote from: Brittlby on August 26, 2018, 02:38:20 PM
It’s a lot of bodies for you to juggle, even in two teams. Also, play by post games have a low player retention rate. You might be best advised to start with what you have and have a secondary story hook to a Second Wave of players to replenish drop outs.

*nods*
Yeah, that seems a good course of action...and if things seem like they're going to be solid for a while, then launch the second group on its own, but with the idea/concept that the two groups might become one group as the story progresses.

LSWSjr

Quote from: Brittlby on August 26, 2018, 02:38:20 PM
I also vote for this, start with the full group with will grow smaller over time, replenishing as necessary. The biggest issue is how to handle (new) party members disappearing/appearing... maybe we’re all part of the same mercenary guild and our party composition is dictated by guild management?

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

Chulanowa

Quote from: Diesel Heart on August 26, 2018, 02:27:31 PM
I have a few other people interested in this, so I am thinking of making this something akin to two groups of adventurers to help spread out things from a CR Encounter sake.  Before I do that, however, I'm curious what you all think of that.  If I do that, I'd expand the number of slots and this might grow into a bigger game.  Thoughts? Opinions?

If you feel you can handle running two groups, sure. Like Brittlby said though there tends to be high dropout rates in PbP, and it's not as easy to merge two partial groups as it seems like it would be.

Diesel Heart

Character Sheet

General Information
Name:
Alias:
Title:
Race:
Weight:
Physical Description
(Fill out in this space)

Alignment:
Level: 1
Experience Points: 0
Class:
Subclass:
Background:
Personality Traits:

Ideals:

Bonds:

Flaws:

Base Statistics:
Strength: 10 (+0)
Dexterity: 10 (+0)
Constitution: 10 (+0)
Intelligence: 10 (+0)
Wisdom: 10 (+0)
Charisma: 10 (+0)

Hit Point Maximum:
Current Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:
Hit Dice: 1
Armor Class: 10
Initiative: +0
Speed:
Passive Perception: 10

Skills & Proficiencies
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Saving Throws: (Example: Strength (+2), Constitition (+2))
Skill Proficiency: (Example: Athletics (+4), Intimidation (+2), Perception (+1))
Language Proficiency:
Weapon Proficiency:
Armor Proficiency:
Tool Proficiency:

Attacks

• Longsword Example: 5 ft Range | +4 to Attack; 1d8+2 Slashing Damage
  • Frostbite Example: 60 ft Range | Constitution Save; 1d6 Cold Damage | No damage if target saves; Target suffers disadvantage

Features & Traits

• Insert Feature/Trait Here: (Details Here)
  • Insert Feature/Trait Here: (Details Here)

Equipment
Total Weight:
Money: 0 PP, 0 GP, 0 SP, 0 CP (Note: I will not be using Electrum)

• Insert Equipment Here | Quantity | Weight
  • Insert Equipment Here | Quantity | Weight

[float=right][img height=300 padding=5]http://getdrawings.com/img/silhouette-character-design-8.png[/img][/float]
[size=12pt][b]General Information[/b][/size]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Alias:[/b]
[b]Title:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Physical Description[/b]
(Fill out in this space)

[b]Alignment:[/b]
[b]Level:[/b] 1
[b]Experience Points:[/b] 0
[b]Class:[/b]
[b]Subclass:[/b]
[b]Background:[/b]
[b]Personality Traits:[/b]
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
[b]Ideals:[/b]
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
[b]Bonds:[/b]
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
[b]Flaws:[/b]
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
[size=12pt][b]Base Statistics:[/b][/size]
[b]Strength:[/b] 10 (+0)
[b]Dexterity:[/b] 10 (+0)
[b]Constitution:[/b] 10 (+0)
[b]Intelligence:[/b] 10 (+0)
[b]Wisdom:[/b] 10 (+0)
[b]Charisma:[/b] 10 (+0)

[b]Hit Point Maximum:[/b]
[b]Current Hit Points:[/b]
[b]Temporary Hit Points:[/b]
[b]Hit Dice:[/b] 1
[b]Armor Class:[/b] 10
[b]Initiative:[/b] +0
[b]Speed:[/b]
[b]Passive Perception:[/b] 10

[size=12pt][b]Skills & Proficiencies[/b][/size]
[b]Proficiency Bonus:[/b] +2
[b]Saving Throws:[/b] (Example: Strength (+2), Constitition (+2))
[b]Skill Proficiency:[/b] (Example: Athletics (+4), Intimidation (+2), Perception (+1))
[b]Language Proficiency:[/b]
[b]Weapon Proficiency:[/b]
[b]Armor Proficiency:[/b]
[b]Tool Proficiency:[/b]

[size=12pt][b]Attacks[/b][/size]
[list]
[li][b]Longsword Example:[/b] 5 ft Range | +4 to Attack; 1d8+2 Slashing Damage[/li]
[li][b]Frostbite Example:[/b] 60 ft Range | Constitution Save; 1d6 Cold Damage | No damage if target saves; Target suffers disadvantage[/li]
[/list]

[size=12pt][b]Features & Traits[/b][/size]
[list]
[li][b]Insert Feature/Trait Here:[/b] (Details Here)[/li]
[li][b]Insert Feature/Trait Here:[/b] (Details Here)[/li]
[/list]

[size=12pt][b]Equipment[/b][/size]
[b]Total Weight:[/b]
[b]Money:[/b] 0 PP, 0 GP, 0 SP, 0 CP (Note: I will not be using Electrum)
[list]
[li]Insert Equipment Here | Quantity | Weight[/li]
[li]Insert Equipment Here | Quantity | Weight[/li]
[/list]

Character Creation Rules:

• We will be using Standard Array for Attribute Scores.  In case you do not know, Standard Array is a preset array of numbers to insert into your Attribute Scores and are as follows: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, & 8.  Be sure to include Racial or Other Bonuses.
  • You can decide to roll for gold or take class starting equipment. I will be including a special trinket to each character after you submit the full character sheet, and will discuss it with you.

If there are other questions, feel free to ask me.

Brittlby

General Information
Name: Urzoth Dantrain Hargraves III
Alias: Urz
Title: Countess / Seed of Vark the Swordbiter
Race: Half-Orc
Height: 6’7”
Weight: 255
Physical Descripton
Smooth lavender skin is stretched across her toned form, unblemished by scars or war tattoos. Despite her “Orcish Armor” being far too well made to be legitimate, she is also amongst the most fastidious Orcs one will ever come across, her hair tended to nightly and always smelling of sweet rich citrus oil and rosemary. Rugged yet pampered, her weapons are also too well made for most Orcs, bearing a certain elvish lightness of touch and artistry. But what elven smith would make a five foot tall Great Axe?

Alignment: NG
Class: Barbarian
Subclass: Bear Totem
Background: Noble
Personality Traits:

• My favor, once lost, is lost forever.
  • Despite my birth, I do not place myself above other folk. We all have the same blood.
Ideals:

• Friendship. Material goods come and go. Bonds of friendship last forever. (Good)
  • Noble Obligation. It is my duty to protect and care for the people beneath me.
Bonds:

• The common folk must see me as a hero of the people.
  • I idolize a hero of the old tales and measure my deeds against that person's.
Flaws:

• I'm always in debt. I spend my ill-gotten gains on decadent luxuries faster than I bring them in.
  • By my words and actions, I often bring shame to my family.
Base Statistics:
Strength: 16 (+3)
Dexterity: 13 (+1)
Constitution: 16 (+3)
Wisdom: 8 (-1)
Charisma: 12 (+1)

Hit Point Maximum: 15
Current Hit Points: 15
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Hit Dice: 1d12
Armor Class: 16
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft.
Passive Perception: 11

Skills & Proficiencies
Saving Throws: Str (+5) Con (+5) Dex (+1) Int (0) Wis (-1) Cha (+1)
Skill Proficiency: Acrobatics +1, Animal Handling -1, Arcana +1, Athletics +5, Deception +1, History +2,  Insight -1, Intimidation +3, Investigation 0, Perception +1, Performance +1, Persuasion +3, Religion 0, Sleight of Hand +1, Stealth +1, Survival -1
Language Proficiency: Common, Orc, Elven
Weapon Proficiency: Martial Weapons, Simple Weapons
Armor Proficiency: Light Armor, Medium Armor, Shields
Tool Proficiency: Dragonchess Set

Attacks

• Great Axe: 5 ft Range | +5 to Attack; 1d12+3 Slashing Damage
  • Javelin: 30/150 ft Range | +3 to Attack; 1d6+3 Piercing Damage
  • Hand Axe: 20/60 ft Range | +3 to Attack; 1d6+3 Slashing Damage

Features & Traits

• Rage: In battle, you fight with primal ferocity. On your turn, you can enter a rage as a bonus action.
    While raging, you gain the following benefits if you aren’t wearing heavy armor:
       •   You have advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws.
       •   When you make a melee weapon attack using Strength, you gain a bonus to the damage roll that increases as you gain levels as a barbarian, as shown in the Rage Damage column of the Barbarian table.
       •   You have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.
    If you are able to cast spells, you can’t cast them or concentrate on them while raging.
    Your rage lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if your turn ends and you haven’t attacked a hostile creature since your last turn or taken damage since then. You can also end your rage on your turn as a bonus action.
    Once you have raged the number of times shown for your barbarian level in the Rages column of the Barbarian table, you must finish a long rest before you can rage again.
  • Unarmored Defense: While not wearing armor, your AC equals 10 + DEX modifier + CON modifier + any shield bonus.
  • Darkvision: You can see in darkness (shades of gray) up to 60 ft.
  • Menacing: You gain proficiency in the Intimidation skill.
  • Relentless Endurance: When you are reduced to 0 HP but not killed, you can drop to 1 HP instead once per long rest.
  • Savage Attacks: When you score a critical hit, roll one of the dice an additional time and add it to the extra damage.
Equipment
Total Weight: 89
Money: 0 PP, 25 GP, 0 SP, 0 CP

Backpack 5lb.
    Bedroll 7lb.
    Clothes, Fine 6lb.
    Greataxe 6lb.
    Handaxe 4lb. 2
    Javelin 8lb. 4
    Shield 6lb.
    Mess Kit 1lb.
    Rations (1 day) 20lb. 10
    Rope, Hempen (50 feet) 10lb.
    Signet Ring
    Tinderbox 1lb. 1
    Torch 10lb. 10
    Waterskin 5lb. 1
    --

O/O

Remec

General Information
Name: Micah Handeler
Alias:
Title:
Race:Aasimar (variant)
Height:6'
Weight:198
Physical Description
Micah is slightly undeveloped athletically, but he has a smile that beams through the foulest mood. His hair is a brilliant blonde and his skin is practically radiant in the way it shines like it never sees the sun (mostly true), while his eyes shine with the bright blue of a spring sky.

Alignment:Neutral Good
Class:Druid
Subclass:
Background:Sage
Personality Traits:

• Cannot resist persuing a mystery or secret
  • Close to following his mentor into hermitdom, but likes women too much.
Ideals:

• Knowledge. The path to power and self-improvement is through knowledge.
Bonds:

• To seek the hidden nature of those tainted by nether realms.
Flaws:

• Most people scream and run when they see a demon. I stop and take notes on its anatomy.
Base Statistics:
Strength: 8 (-1)
Dexterity: 13 (+1)
Constitution: 14 (+2)
Wisdom: 16 (+3)
Charisma: 14 (+2)

Hit Point Maximum:10
Current Hit Points:
Temporary Hit Points:
Hit Dice: 1d8
Armor Class: 14
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30
Passive Perception: 15

Skills & Proficiencies
Saving Throws: Str (-1) Dex (+1) Con (+2) Int (+2) Wis (+5) Cha (+2)
Skill Proficiency: Acrobatics +1, Animal Handling +3, Arcana +2, Athletics +1, Deception +2, History +2,  Insight +3, Intimidation +2, Investigation 0, Perception +5, Performance +2, Persuasion +2, Religion 0, Sleight of Hand +1, Stealth +1, Survival +3
Language Proficiency:Celestial, Common, Druidic, Giant, Gith
Weapon Proficiency:Club, Dagger, Dart, Javelin, Mace, Quarterstaff, Scimitar, Sickle, Sling, Spear
Armor Proficiency:Light Armor, Medium Armor, Shields
Tool Proficiency:Herbalism kit

Attacks

• Scimitar: 5 ft Range | +3 to Attack; 1d6+1 Slashing Damage
  • Frostbite: 60 ft Range | Constitution Save; 1d6 Cold Damage | No damage if target saves; Target suffers disadvantage
  • Quarterstaff: 5 ft Range l +3 to Attack; 1d6+1 (1d8+1) Bludgeoning Damage

Features & Traits

• Celestial resistance: Have necrotic and radiant resistance
  • Ability score increase: +1 Wis, +2 Cha
  • Size:Medium
  • Darkvision:60 ft
  • Celestial legacy:Begin with knowing the Light cantrip, at 3rd level gain Lesser Restoration, at 5th level gain Daylight. Cantrip is at will, spells are once per long rest and use Cha as the casting ability

Equipment
Total Weight: 52 lb
Money: 0 PP, 0 GP, 2 SP, 0 CP (Note: I will not be using Electrum)

• Backpack |  1 |  5 lb
  • Bedroll | 1 | 7 lb
  • Leather armor l 1  l 10 lb
  • Mess kit l  1 l 1 lb
  • Quarterstaff l 1 l 4 lb
  • Rope, hempen(50') l  1 l 10 b
  • Scimitar l  1 l 3 lb
  • Shield l 1 l 6 lb
  • Sprig of mistletoe l 1 l --
  • Tinderbox l 1 l 1 lb
  • Waterskin l  1 l  5 lb

Spells
Modifier +3 Spell Attack +5  Spell DC 13
Cantrips Known 3 (1 racial/2 class)
  • Frostbite
  • Light
  • Shillelagh
Slots 2 first level Prepared spells 4
Default list of prepared spells

• Absorb elements
  • Cure wounds
  • Entangle
  • Faerie Fire

Madam Striga

General Information
Name: Pigla
Alias: Piggy
Title: Cleric of Selune
Race: Kobold
Height: 2'7"
Weight: 30lbs
Physical Description

An unusually coloured, pink-scaled Kobold with a pale underbelly. She has wide and curious, golden eyes. Pigla dresses in the simple white and red robes of her temple, but goes bare foot most of the time. Her equipment is made to scale, with both her bow and shield being engraved with the sigil of the moon in honour of Selune.

Alignment: Neutral Good
Class: Cleric
Domain: Life
Background: Acolyte
Personality Traits:

• I'm a woman of simple needs, and prefer to focus on the positives rather than the negatives in life.
  • As an outcast from my own people, I seek to make peace with those that I meet - not all Kobolds are the same.
Ideals:

• (Faith & Aspiration) I want to live up to my temple's teachings, so that they will not be seen to have wasted their time with me.
  • (Charity) Giving to others comes naturally to me.
Bonds:

• I would die for my friend, Micah.
  • I feel that my life is a gift from the temple, and everything I do is to repay them.
Flaws:

• I am suspicious of my own kind.
  • I can be naive and overly trusting of men and women that seem more intelligent than myself.
Base Statistics:
Dexterity: 15 (+2)
Wisdom: 15 (+2)
Charisma: 8 (-1)

Hit Point Maximum: 10
Current Hit Points: 10
Temporary Hit Points: -
Armor Class: 13 [15 with shield]
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30 feet
Passive Perception: 12

Skills & Proficiencies
Saving Throws: Str (+0), Dex (+2), Con (+2), Int (+0), Wis (+4), Cha (+1)
Skill Proficiency:Athletics (+0), Acrobatics (+2), Sleight of Hand (+2), Stealth (+2), History (+2), Religion (+2), Arcana (+0), Nature (+0), Investigation (+0), Animal Handling (+2), Medicine (+4), Insight (+4), Survival (+2), Perception (+2), Deception (-1), Intimidation (-1), Performance (-1), Persuasion (-1)
Language Proficiency: Common, Draconic, Ignan, Primordial
Weapon Proficiency: Simple
Armor Proficiency: All
Tool Proficiency: None

Attacks

• Shortbow: 30/320 ft Range | +4 to Attack; 1d6+2 Piercing Damage
  • Mace: 5 ft Range | +2 to Attack; 1d6 Bludgeoning Damage

Spells

• Sacred Flame: 60 ft Range | Dexterity Save; 1d8 Radiant Damage | No damage if target saves; Target Gains no Beneft from Cover for this Saving Throw
  • Guiding Bolt: 120 ft Range | +4 to attack; 4d6 Radiant Damage | Next attack against target has advantage, thanks to a dim light glittering on the target.
  • Inflict Wounds: Touch | +2 to attack; 3d10 Necrotic Damage
Because of the nature of Cleric spell preparation, I'll be sure to include details of spells within her posts as well.

Features & Traits

• Darkvision: You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

• Grovel, Cower, and Beg: Grovel, Cower, and Beg: As an action on your turn, you can cower pathetically to distract nearby foes. Until the end of your next turn, your allies gain advantage on attack rolls against enemies within 10 feet of you that can see you. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest.

• Pack Tactics: You have advantage on an attack roll against a creature if at least one of your allies is within 5 feet of the creature and the ally isn't incapacitated.

• Sunlight Sensitivity: You have disadvantage on attack rolls and on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight when you, the target of your attack, or whatever you are trying to perceive is in direct sunlight.

• Feature: Shelter of the Faithful: As an acolyte, you command the respect of those who share your faith, and you can perform the religious ceremonies of your deity. You and your adventuring companions can expect to receive free healing and care at a temple, shrine, or other established presence of your faith, though you must provide any material components needed for spells. Those who share your religion will support you (but only you) at a modest lifestyle. You might also have ties to a specific temple dedicated to your chosen deity or pantheon, and you have a residence there. This could be the temple where you used to serve, if you remain on good terms with it, or a temple where you have found a new home. While near your temple, you can call upon the priests for assistance, provided the assistance you ask for is not hazardous and you remain in good standing with your temple.

• Disciple of Life: Also starting at 1st level, your healing spells are more effective. Whenever you use a spell of 1st level or higher to restore hit points to a creature, the creature regains additional hit points equal to 2 + the spell's level.

Equipment
Total Weight: 57
Money: 0 PP, 48 GP, 5 SP, 0 CP

• Holy Symbol | 1 | Negligible
  • Prayer Book | 1 | Negligible
  • Incense Sticks | 5 | Negligible
  • Vestments | 1 | Negligble
  • Common Clothes | 1 | 3lbs
  • Shield | 1 | 6lbs
  • Mace | 1 | 4lbs
  • Shortbow | 1 | 2lbs
  • Arrows | 20 | 1lb
  • Playing Card Set | 1 | Negligible
  • Explorer's pack* | 1 | 39lbs
*1 x Backpack, 1 x Bedroll, 1 x Mess Kit, 1 x Tinderbox, 10 x Rations, 1 x Waterskin

Madam Striga

Majabya

I'm convinced I'm doing something wrong, but I can't place it. Oh well, I'll be filling out physical description and choosing ranger things in a minute, but before that I was wondering if I could go with the Revised ranger. As far as I can tell it'd just change my weapon proficiency and Feature skills, so it wouldn't be hard to switch, but I know it was said to keep things Vanilla so no worries if it's a no go, just figured I'd ask.

General Information
Name: Rainy Skies
Alias: Rain, furball, Mooch
Title: Story Seeking Stowaway
Race: Tabaxi
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 122 lb
Physical Description A tattered tabaxi, Rain's yellow fur is covered in dark spots, the brighter hue fading to white on his chest and down his tail. His frame is fit but thin, showing how his home didn't have the luxury of gluttony. Red, thread bare wrappings form a sash and hood overlapping his leather armor, the fabric is light and billows in the wind easily, his baggy pants are of similar material, but a shade of brown matching his armor. Just below the knees are dirty white wrappings around his legs and feet, ending just at his toes, letting the foot pads nature gave him do their job. A leather belt keeps his sash and pants firmly fixed, a small leather pouch hangs from the back, and two short swords with scabbards do the same on each hip. His backpack looks to be of a gray material with a multitude of patches decorating it, and with Rain's lithe figure, the pack almost looks over sized. Overall, everything he owns looks like a well weathered hand me down.

Alignment: Chaotic good
Class: Ranger
Subclass:
Background: Caravan Specialist
Personality Traits:    

• I never had time for books, but wish I had. I admire folks who have taken the time to learn.
  • I have different assumptions from those around me concerning personal space.
Ideals:

• Wanderer: I go where the road takes me. Sometimes that's a good thing...
  • Adventure. I'm far from home, and everything is strange and wonderful!
Bonds:

• There's always a road I haven't traveled before. I'm always looking for new places to explore.
  • I'm fascinated by the beauty and wonder of this new land.
Flaws:

• I enjoy the open road. Underground and tight spaces make me very nervous.
  • I pretend not to understand the local language in order to avoid interactions I would rather not have.
Base Statistics:
Dexterity: 17 (+3)
Intelligence: 8 (-1)
Wisdom: 12 (+1)
Charisma: 14 (+2)

Hit Point Maximum: 12
Current Hit Points: 12
Hit Dice: 1d10
Armor Class: 14
Initiative: +3
Speed: 30

Skills & Proficiencies
Saving Throws: Strength (+0), Dexterity (+3)
Skill Proficiency: Acrobatics (+3) Animal handling (+3) Arcana (-1) Athletics (+2) Deception (+2) History (-1) Insight (+1) Intimidation (+2) Investigation (+1) Medicine (+1) Nature (+1) Perception (+3) Performance (+2) Persuasion (+2) Religion (-1) Sleight of hand (+3) Stealth (+5)  Survival (+3)
Language Proficiency: Common, Gnomish, Halfling, Goblin
Weapon Proficiency: Simple weapons, martial weapons
Armor Proficiency: Light armor, medium armor, shields
Tool Proficiency: Land Vehicles

Attacks

• Shortsword x2: 5 ft Range | +3 to Attack; 1d6+3 Piercing
  • Long Bow: Range 150/600  | 1d8+3 Piercing
  • Whip: Range 10 | +3 o attack; 1d4+3 Slashing

Features & Traits

• Darkvision: You have a cat's keen senses, especially in the dark. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
  • Feline Agility: Your reflexes and agility allow you to move with a burst of speed. When you move on your turn in combat, you can double your speed until the end of the turn. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you move 0 feet on one of your turns.
  • Cat's Claws:Because of your claws, you have a climbing speed of 20 feet. In addition, your claws are natural weapons, which you can use to make unarmed strikes. If you hit with them, you deal slashing damage equal to 1d4 + your Strength modifier, instead of the bludgeoning damage normal for an unarmed strike.
  • Cat's Talent:You have proficiency in the Perception and Stealth skills.
  • Favored Enemy: GOBLINS AND HUMANS Choose a type of favored enemy: aberrations, beasts, celestials, constructs, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, giants, monstrosities, oozes, plants, or undead. Alternatively, you can select two races of humanoid (such as gnolls and goblins) as favored enemies.

You have advantage on Wisdom (Survival) checks to track your favored enemies, as well as on Intelligence checks to recall information about them. When you gain this feature, you also learn one language of your choice that is spoken by your favored enemies, if they speak one at all.

You choose one additional favored enemy, as well as an associated language, at 6th and 14th level. As you gain levels, your choices should reflect the types of monsters you have encountered on your adventure.
  • Natural Explorer: GRASSLANDS Choose one type of favored terrain: arctic, coast, desert, forest, grassland, mountain, swamp, or the Underdark. When you make an Intelligence or Wisdom check related to your favored terrain, your proficiency bonus is doubled if you are using a skill that you’re proficient in.

While traveling for an hour or more in your favored terrain, you gain the following benefits:

-Difficult terrain doesn’t slow your group’s travel.
    -Your group can’t become lost except by magical means.
    -Even when you are engaged in another activity while traveling (such as foraging, navigating, or tracking), you remain alert to danger.
    -If you are traveling alone, you can move stealthily at a normal pace.
    -When you forage, you find twice as much food as you normally would.
    -While tracking other creatures, you also learn their exact number, their sizes, and how long ago they passed through the area.
    You choose additional favored terrain types at 6th and 10th level.
  • Feature: Wagonmaster: You are used to being in charge of the operation and your reputation for reliability has you on a short list when the job is critical. Experience has taught you to rely on your gut. Others recognize this and look to you for direction when a situation gets serious. You are able to identify the most defensible locations for camping. If you are part of a caravan outfit, you are able to attract two additional workers that are loyal to you based on your reputation. You have an excellent memory for maps and geography and can always determine your cardinal directions while traveling. Note: This feature is a variant of the Outlander feature.

Equipment
Total Weight: 105/150 lb
Money: 0 PP, 10 GP, 0 SP, 0 CP

• Shortsword | 2 | 4 lb
  • Long Bow | 1 | 2 lb
  • Whip | 1 | 3 lb
  • Quiver | 20 Arrows | 2 lb.
  • Clothes, traveler's | 1 | 4 lb
  • Leather armor | 1 | 10 lb
  • Belt pouch| 1 | 1 lb
  • Backpack | 1 | 5 lb.
  • Bedroll | 1 | 7 lb.
  • Mess kit | 1 | 1 lb.
  • Tinderbox | 1 | 1 lb.
  • Torches | 10 | 10 lb.
  • Rations | 10 | 20 lb.
  • Waterskin | 1 | 5 lb.
  • 50 feet of hempen rope | 1 |10 lb
  • Regional map | 1 | ? lbs
  • Tent (Two person) | 1 | 20 lb

Alternate pic

Chulanowa

General Information
Name: Bryldora Stoutbluff
Alias: "Bryl," "Lady Jokkyd,' "Oh shit an angry dwarf with an axe run!"
Title: Princess and Heir to the fallen dwarf kingdom of Seacliff; Hammer of War in Moradin's clergy
Race: Shield (Mountain) Dwarf
Height: 4' 2"
Weight: 142 lbs
Physical Description

Bryll's stands about chest-height to most humans, lower to some, making her fairly short even for a dwarf. She wears her thick wheat-blonde hair in clasped tails and braids, save for heavy bangs that threaten to fall into her clear blue eyes. She's bereft of jewelry, save for a golden hammer-and-anvil symbol of Moradin, and a silver chain bearing a small charm of mithril in the shape of a scallop's shell, both worn around her neck. Usually she dresses plainly, in well-worn clothing that may have once been a military uniform of some sort; in battle this is covered with a layer of padding and thick chainmail, along with a tabard depicting the same silvery seashell as the charm at her neck. Her weaponry consists of a solid-hafted, well-used battle-axe, a notched-and-dented shield, and a crossbow that looks brand new.

Alignment: Lawful Good
Class: Paladin
Subclass: N/A
Background: Mercenary Veteran
Personality Traits:

• I face problems head-on. A simple, direct solution is the best path to success.
  • I’ve lost too many friends, and I’m slow to make new ones.
Ideals:

• Our lot is to lay down our lives in defense of others.
  • When people follow orders blindly, they embrace a kind of tyranny.
Bonds:

• My honor is my life.
  • I’ll never forget the crushing defeat my city suffered or the enemies who dealt it.
Flaws:

• My hatred of my enemies is blind and unreasoning.
  • I have little respect for anyone who is not a proven warrior.
Base Statistics:
Strength: 15 (+2)
Constitution: 16 (+3)
Intelligence: 8 (-1)
Charisma: 15 (+2)

Hit Point Maximum: 13
Current Hit Points: 13
Temporary Hit Points:
Hit Dice: 1d10
Armor Class: 18
Speed: 25'

Skills & Proficiencies
Saving Throws: Wisdom (+3), Charisma (+4)
Skill Proficiency: Athletics (+4), Religion (+1), Insight (+3), Persuasion (+4)
Language Proficiency: Common, Dwarvish
Weapon Proficiency: Simple and Martial
Armor Proficiency: All Armor and shields
Tool Proficiency: Vehicles (Land), Smith's Tools, Chess

Attacks

• Battleaxe: 5 ft Range | +4 to Attack; 1d8+2 Slashing Damage / 1d10+2 Slashing damage (two-handed)
  • Light Crossbow: 80/320 ft Range | +2 to attack; 1d8+0 piercing damage

Features & Traits

• Background Feature: Mercenary Life: You know the mercenary life as only someone who has experienced it can. You are able to identify mercenary companies by their emblems, and you know a little about any such company, including the names and reputations of its commanders and leaders, and who has hired them recently. You can find the taverns and feast halls where mercenaries abide in any area, as long as you speak the language. You can find mercenary work between adventures sufficient to maintain a comfortable lifestyle (see "Practicing a Profession" under "Downtime Activities" in chapter 8 of the Player's Handbook).
  • Class Feature: Divine Sense As an action, until the end of your next turn, you know the location of any celestial, fiend, or undead within 60 feet of you that is not behind total cover. You know the type of any being whose presence you sense, but not its identity. Within the same radius, you also detect the presence of any place or object that has been consecrated or desecrated. You can use this feature a number of times equal to 1 + your Charisma modifier. When you finish a long rest, you regain all expended uses.
  • Class Feature: Lay on Hands: You have a pool of healing power that replenishes when you take a long rest. With that pool, you can restore a total number of hit points equal to your paladin level x 5. As an action, you can touch a creature and draw power from the pool to restore a number of hit points to that creature, up to the maximum amount remaining in your pool. Alternatively, you can expend 5 hit points from your pool of healing to cure the target of one disease or neutralize one poison affecting it. You can cure multiple diseases and neutralize multiple poisons with a single use of Lay on Hands, expending hit points separately for each one. This feature has no effect on undead and constructs.
  • Dwarf Racial Trait: Darkvision: You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
  • Dwarf Racial Trait: Dwarven Resilience: You have advantage on saving throws against being poisoned, and you have resistance against poison damage.
  • Dwarf Racial Trait: Dwarven Combat Training: You have proficiency with the battleaxe, handaxe, light hammer, and warhammer.
  • Dwarf Racial Trait: Tool Proficiency: You gain proficiency with one of smith's tools, brewer's supplies, or mason's tools.
  • Dwarf Racial Trait: Stonecunning: Whenever you make a History check related to the origin of stonework, you are considered proficient in the History skill and add double your proficiency bonus to the check, instead of your normal proficiency bonus.
  • Mountain Dwarf Racial Trait: Dwarven Armor Training: You have proficiency with light and medium armor.[/b]

Equipment
Total Weight: 136lbs / 225 Carry Cap.

• Battle Axe | 1 | 4lbs
  • Shield | 1 | 6lbs
  • Light Crossbow | 1 | 5lbs
  • Chain Mail | 1 | 55lbs
  • Holy Symbol of Moradin | 1 | 1lbs
  • Explorer's Pack | 1 | 59lbs
  • Chess set | 1y | 0.5lbs
  • Mercenary company Uniform (as traveler's clothes) | 1 | 4lbs
  • Insignia of rank | 1 | -
  • Crossbow Bolts | 20 | 1.5lbs
  • Belt Pouch | 1 | 1lbs

LSWSjr

General Information
Name: Kayla Dru'Kun
Alias: The Grotesque
Title: Avatar of Karlek
Race: Tiefling (Winged Variant)
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 173 lbs
Physical Description
The infernally tainted woman strikes an imposing figure, especially with her impressive wings and those hazel eyes burning with a grim determination. Kayla's flawless red skin is topped with a high ponytail of matching crimson hair and with a thick tail swinging from just above her rump. The tiefling usually dresses in the uniform of her deceased mother's ranger troop, itself covered in a suit of well maintained armour and all with little in the way of distinguishing accessories or ornamentation beyond her weapons and equipment.

Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Class: Fighter
Subclass:
Background: Investigator
Personality Traits:

• I can stare down a hell hound without flinching.
  • I'm always polite and respectful.
Ideals:

• I do what I must and obey just authority.
  • Ideals aren’t worth killing over or going to war for.
Bonds:

• I fight for those who cannot fight for themselves.
  • My honor is my life.
Flaws:

• I obey the law, even if the law causes misery.
  • I’d rather eat my armor than admit when I’m wrong.
Base Statistics:
Strength: 13 (+1)
Dexterity: 15 (+2)
Constitution: 12 (+1)
Intelligence: 11 (+0)
Wisdom: 14 (+2)
Charisma: 10 (+0)

Hit Point Maximum: 11
Current Hit Points: 11
Hit Dice: 1
Armor Class: 13
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30 ft and 30 ft flying
Passive Perception: 12

Skills & Proficiencies
Saving Throws: Str (+3), Dex (+2), Con (+3), Int (0), Wis (+2), Cha (0)
Skill Proficiency: Acrobatics +2, Animal Handling 0, Arcana 0, Athletics +3, Deception 0, History 0,  Insight +4, Intimidation 0, Investigation +2, Perception +2, Performance 0, Persuasion 0, Religion 0, Sleight of Hand +2, Stealth +2, Survival +4
Language Proficiency: Common, Dwarvish, Infernal and Orc
Weapon Proficiency: Simple and Martial
Armor Proficiency: All Armor and shields
Tool Proficiency:

Attacks

• Light Crossbow: 80/320 ft Range | +6 to Attack; 1d8+2 Piercing Damage
  • Long Bow: 150/600 ft Range | +6 to Attack; 1d8+2 Piercing Damage
  • Longsword: 5 ft Range | +3 to Attack; 1d8+1 Slashing Damage

Features & Traits

• Background Feature: Watcher's Eye Your experience in enforcing the law, and dealing with law breakers, gives you a feel for local laws and criminals. You can easily find the local outpost of the watch or a similar organization, and just as easily pick out the dens of criminal activity in a community, although you're more likely to be welcome in the former locations rather than the latter.
  • Class Feature: Fighting Style (Archery) You gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls you make with ranged weapons.
  • Class Feature: Second Wind You have a limited well of stamina that you can draw on to protect yourself from harm. On your turn, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + your
    fighter level. Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.
  • Tiefling Feature: Darkvision Thanks to your infernal heritage, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
  • Tiefling Feature: Hellish Resistance You have resistance to fire damage.
  • Tiefling Feature: Winged You have bat-like wings sprouting from your shoulder blades. You have a flying speed of 30 feet. This trait replaces the Infernal Legacy trait.

Equipment
Total Weight: 98/195 lbs

• Explorer's Pack* | 1 | 59 lbs
  • Horn | 1 | 2 lbs
  • Leather Armor | 1 | 10 lbs
  • Light Crossbow | 1 | 5 lbs
  • Long Bow | 1 | 2 lbs
  • Longsword | 1 | 3 lbs
  • Manacles | 1 | 6 lbs
  • Pouch | 1 | 1 lbs
  • Quiver | 20 Arrows | 2 lbs
  • Quiver | 20 Bolts | 2 lbs
  • Shield | 1 | 6 lbs
*1 x Backpack, 1 x Bedroll, 1 x Mess Kit, 10 x Rations, 1 x Tinderbox, 10 x Torches, 1 x Waterskin, 50 ft Hempen Rope

Diesel Heart

I completely forgot about spells, so if you do not mind editing your sheets and placing them under your equipment?

That aside, I am currently balancing a lot in real life but I will be making this game very soon.  If I recall correctly, I can have 3 threads dedicated to the game, so a character Sheet thread, a thread for the game to start, and a thread dedicated to side scenes is what I'll do.  OOC can be over discord, I'm thinking.

Madam Striga

Quote from: Diesel Heart on August 29, 2018, 10:43:25 AM
I completely forgot about spells, so if you do not mind editing your sheets and placing them under your equipment?

That aside, I am currently balancing a lot in real life but I will be making this game very soon.  If I recall correctly, I can have 3 threads dedicated to the game, so a character Sheet thread, a thread for the game to start, and a thread dedicated to side scenes is what I'll do.  OOC can be over discord, I'm thinking.

RL always comes first, so don't sweat it. I'd be down for discord OOC chat.

pdragon

General Information
Name: Gremwall Tallteller
Alias: The Red Strings
Title: none
Race: Tiefling
Height: 5'10
Weight: 143lbs
Physical Description
Gremwall is an average height tiefling female. She has wine red skin and fiery red hair adorning both her head and the tip of her whip-like tail in thick, wavy locks. Thick, ornately carved horns extend up from her forehead and hook back across her head, which keeps them from being too cumbersome as they flow along her profile nicely. Her face is pretty with smooth, angular features, including golden eyes and long, elfish ears usually adorned with gold jewelry. From the neck down her body is mostly humanoid, sporting a fairly petite and slender figure, though her cloven hooves and demonic tail further cement her infernal nature. While her entertainer's garb can be seen as flamboyant, it is actually very conservative when it comes to actually showing any skin or curves.

Alignment: Chaotic Good
Class: Bard
Subclass: n/a
Background: Entertainer
Personality Traits:

• Whenever I come to a new place, I collect local rumors and spread gossip.
  • I love a good insult, even one directed at me.
Ideals:

• Creativity. The world is in need of new ideas and bold action. (Chaotic)
  • Beauty. When I perform, I make the world better than it was. (Good)
Bonds:

• My instrument is my most treasured possession, and it reminds me of someone I love.
  • I idolize a hero of the old tales and measure my deeds against that person’s.
Flaws:

• I have trouble keeping my true feelings hidden. My sharp tongue lands me in trouble.
  • I’m a sucker for a pretty face.
Base Statistics:

Strength: 14 (+2)
Dexterity: 8 (-1)
Constitution: 12 (+1)
Intelligence: 11 (+0)
Wisdom: 13 (+1)
Charisma: 17 (+3)

Hit Point Maximum: 9
Current Hit Points: 9
Temporary Hit Points:
Initiative: -1
Speed: 30ft

Skills & Proficiencies
Saving Throws:
Skill Proficiency: Athletics (+4), Performance (+5), Persuasion (+5), Acrobatics (+1), Deception (+5)
Language Proficiency: Common, Infernal,
Weapon Proficiency:  Simple Weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords
Armor Proficiency: Light Armor
Tool Proficiency: Disguise kit, Violin, Flute, Drums, Lute

Attacks

• Handaxe: 5 ft Range | +4 to Attack; 1d6+2 Slashing Damage, throwable
  • Dagger: 5 ft Range | +4 to Attack; 1d4+2 Piercing Damage, throwable
  • Thunderwave: 15 ft Range | Constitution Save; 2d8 Thunder Damage | Half damage if target saves; All surrounding targets pushed 10 feet

Features & Traits

• By Popular Demand: You can always find a place to perform, usually in an inn or tavern but possibly with a circus, at a theater, or even in a noble’s court. At such a place, you receive free lodging and food of a modest or comfortable standard (depending on the quality of the establishment), as long as you perform each night. In addition, your performance makes you something of a local figure. When strangers recognize you in a town where you have performed, they typically take a liking to you.
  • Darkvision: Thanks to your Infernal heritage, you have superior vision in dark and dim Conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in Darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in Darkness, only shades of gray.
  • Hellish Resistance: You have Resistance to fire damage.
  • Infernal Legacy: You know the Thaumaturgy cantrip. When you reach 3rd level, you can cast the Hellish Rebuke spell as a 2nd-level spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a Long Rest. When you reach 5th level, you can cast the Darkness spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a Long Rest. Charisma is your Spellcasting ability for these Spells.
  • Bardic Inspiration: You can inspire others through stirring words or music. To do so, you use a Bonus Action on Your Turn to choose one creature other than yourself within 60 feet of you who can hear you. That creature gains one Bardic Inspiration die, a d6. Once within the next 10 minutes, the creature can roll the die and add the number rolled to one ability check, Attack roll, or saving throw it makes. The creature can wait until after it rolls The D20 before deciding to use the Bardic Inspiration die, but must decide before the DM says whether the roll succeeds or fails. Once the Bardic Inspiration die is rolled, it is lost. A creature can have only one Bardic Inspiration die at a time.

You can use this feature a number of times equal to your Charisma modifier (a minimum of once). You regain any expended uses when you finish a Long Rest.

Equipment
Total Weight: 25lbs
Money: 0 PP, 15 GP, 0 SP, 0 CP

• Handaxe| 1 | 2lb
  • Entertainer's Pack| 1 | ?
  • Violin| 1 | 1lb
  • Drum| 1 | 3lb
  • Leather Armor| 1 | 10lb
  • Dagger| 1| 1lb
  • Costume Clothes| 2 | 8lb

Spells
Cantrips: 3    Spells Known: 4   lv.1 slots: 2
Spell Save:  13

• Thaumaturgy| 0 | 1min
  • Mending| 0 | instant
  • Light| 0 | 1 hour
  • Healing Word| 1 | instant
  • Silent Image| 1 | 10min
  • Sleep| 1| 1min
  • Thunderwave| 1 | instant

Request Thread

Blackbird

General Information
Name: Avaelia Jassan
Alias: Avi
Title: Imperial Vice Emmisary
Race: Human (variant)
Height: 5’3’’
Weight: 120 lbs
Physical Description
Avaelia is young, earnest, and intellectual, but bereft of practically any athletic ability whatsoever, as most of her time is spent reading and researching, preparing official documents, and observing various court functions. Despite her lack of strenuous physical activity however, she has a an eye-catching figure with long, straight red hair that cascades down to her waist, and pale green eyes. Her typical outfit, consisting of a side-buttoned coat with folded up sleeves, gloves, knee-high boots, and a matching beret, is common attire among academics and court orderlies of the empire. She also carries prettier formal attire with her traveling supplies in case the need arises.

Alignment: Lawful Good
Class: Sorcerer
Subclass: Divine Soul
Background: Courtier
Personality Traits:

• I believe anything worth doing is worth doing right. I can’t help it – I’m a perfectionist.
  • I enjoy fine food, drink, and high society. Rough living grates on me.
  • Flattery is my preferred trick for getting what I want.
Ideals:

• I’m determined to make something of myself.
  • My talents were given to my so that I could use them to benefit the world.
Bonds:

• I owe my empire a great debt for forging me into the person I am today.
  • I got swept up in a whirlwind romance with a foreign dignitary on a trip a few years ago. I wonder if I’ll ever see him again?
Flaws:

• I’m never satisfied with what I have – I always want more.
  • I can’t resist a handsome face.
Base Statistics:
Strength: 8 (-1)
Intelligence: 14 (+2)
Charisma: 16 (+3)

Hit Point Maximum: 8
Current Hit Points: 8
Temporary Hit Points: -
Hit Dice: 1d6+2
Speed: 30 ft

Skills & Proficiencies
Saving Throws: Str (-1), Dex (+0), Con (+4), Int (+2), Wis (+1), Cha (+5)
Skill Proficiency:  Acrobatics +0, Animal Handling +1, Arcana +4, Athletics -1, Deception +5, History +2,  Insight +3, Intimidation +3, Investigation +4, Medicine +1, Nature +2,  Perception +1, Performance +3, Persuasion +5, Religion +2, Sleight of Hand +0, Stealth +0, Survival +1
Language Proficiency: Common, Draconic, Dwarvish, Elvish
Weapon Proficiency: Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows
Armor Proficiency: -
Tool Proficiency: -

Attacks

• Fire Bolt: 120 ft Range | +5 to hit; 1d10 Fire Damage
  • Vicious Mockery: 60 ft Range | DC 13 Wis Save; 1d4 Psychic Damage and has disadvantage on next attack roll

Features & Traits

• Divine Magic: When learning or replacing Sorcerer cantrips and spells of 1st level or higher, you can choose from the Cleric spell list or the Sorcerer spell list. Also choose an affinity (Evil), and gain a corresponding spell (Inflict Wounds)
  • Favored by the Gods: Once per short or long rest, if you fail a saving throw or miss with an attack roll, you can roll 2d4 and add it to the total, possibly changing the outcome.
  • Variant Human: +1 two ability scores (Charisma, Intelligence), +1 skill (Investigation), +1 language (Draconic), +1 Feat (Magic Initiate)
  • Magic Initiate: You learn two cantrips of your choice from the bard spell list. (Prestidigitation, Vicious Mockery).  You learn one 1st-level spell from that same list ( Dissonant Whispers) and can cast it at its lowest level once per long rest.
  • Background Feature: Proficiancies: Skills (Insight, Persuasion), +2 Languages (Dwarvish, Elvish)
  • Background Feature: Court Functionary: Your knowledge of how bureaucracies function lets you gain access to the records and inner workings of any noble court or government you encounter. You know who the movers and shakers are, whom to go to for the favors you seek, and what the current intrigues of interest in the group are.

Equipment
Total Weight: 42.6/120 lbs
Money: 0 PP, 5 GP, 0 SP, 0 CP

• Abacus | 1 | 2 lbs
  • Backpack | 1 | 5 lbs
  • Bedroll | 1 | 7 lbs
  • Case, map/scroll | 3 | 3 lbs
  • Clothes, Fine | 1 | 6 lbs
  • Clothes, Travelers | 1 | 4 lbs
  • Component pouch | 1 | 2 lbs
  • Ink, 1 oz bottle | 1 | -
  • Ink pen, feathered | 1 | -
  • Lamp | 1 | 1 lbs
  • Oil, flask | 1 | 2 lbs
  • Paper, sheet | 5 | -
  • Perfume, vial| 1 | -
  • Pouch | 2 | 2 lbs
  • Rations, 1 day | 1 | 2 lbs
  • Sealing wax | 1 | -
  • Soap | 1 | -
  • Waterskin | 1 | 5 lbs

Spells
Spellcasting Ability: Charisma
Spell Attack +5     Save DC 13
Cantrips: Known: 6 (4 class, 2 feat)
  • Dancing Lights
  • Firebolt
  • Mending
  • Prestidigitation
  • Thaumaturgy
  • Vicious Mockery
First Level Spells Known: 4 (2 class, 1 subclass, 1 feat) 
2 Slots

• Charm Person
  • Command
  • Dissonant Whispers
  • Inflict Wounds

Brittlby

O/O

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Brittlby on September 10, 2018, 12:26:18 AM
... did this game die on the vine?

I hope not.  I am still in the process of making the start of this with the limited time I've had these past few weeks.  As I said, it will be starting soon and I apologize for the delay.  I am going to do all I can to get the thread posted by this weekend.  I'm nearly complete on the world-building side of things.

Blackbird

With so many characters to cater to, incorporating them all meaningfully into the story would be a time-consuming endeavor even without being super busy. Take your time. You're going to all the trouble of making this story for us, the least we can do is be patient.

LSWSjr

I’m more than happy to wait, better than rushing things and running into problems shortly after ;)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

Diesel Heart

https://discord.gg/teuEA3

The link above will bring you to the discord server I intend to use for OOC communication.  The game will be launched today.

Diesel Heart

The Character Sheet Thread can be found here.  Please post your sheets there whenever you can, and if you are still here with me after this long wait.

Diesel Heart