Carry the Flame West (Pathfinder system)

Started by Ixy, January 08, 2018, 02:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ixy

Carry the Flame West (PF Quest Game)

The inspiration for this story is the Manifest Destiny series from Image comics, but it's essentially a long Pathfinder-based trek with selective Golarion elements in an undiscovered country -not- in the core Golarion world.

The concept is to have a simple, small-group mission based from of an Empire's colony to explore its recently acquired new, unsettled lands.  The nation seeks to expand its world power and influence by completing a mission to reach is western-most border at the ocean and scout key landmarks, resources, and peoples in-between much like the Lewis and Clark mission.  However, like the Manifest Destiny series (from what little I know and am borrowing, I haven't read it all yet), there is an ulterior motive-- the true mission of the quest is to eliminate very specific threats, detected by the Mages and Prophets of the kingdom, before they are alerted of the oncoming presence of the nation's expansion and can mount a suitable defense.

The party will be composed of three level 11 PCs.  This is probably not the best time to try out your wonky-new character idea... this is where we will need the classics.  We need a really damn good healer, a really damn good fighter, and a really damn good arcane caster.  Now... to augment those core classes, you will be allowed to take background skills, 2 traits, one drawback, and you can take 2 additional traits that do not provide spell or combat skill bonuses, and you will have soldiers at your command.  No firearms except for maybe low tech gunslinger by approval.  20 point buy.  Standard wealth for level 11.  Core races acceptable, featured races a maybe. All characters considered based on personality, style, balance, ooc getting along.  CE and NE strongly discouraged.

I'll play a 4th character that's an NPC guide.  This will let me give plot cookies and informational hints and make them up as I go along. 

Muse

*peeks* 

May I play? 

A priestess of Desna would fit the exploration theme, or of Saranrae would fit the healer theme? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Ixy

Feel free to write up a pitch, as much as you'd like at this point.

Chulanowa

I'm kinda feeling like picking up the Arcane angle. if a Cavalier doesn't ride up on me first.

Green Goo Theory

I'm interested.  Looks sort of like there's interest in the caster roles, though?  You specified core races but not the classes.  Given the wording otherwise it sounds like you're still mostly set on core?  Just making sure so there's no confusion.

Quote from: Chulanowa on January 08, 2018, 06:46:52 PM
I'm kinda feeling like picking up the Arcane angle. if a Cavalier doesn't ride up on me first.

That feels like an innuendo. 
Coming soon...

sullivanthedreadlord

Been Playing Pathfinder for several years now so I at least know what I am doing when it comes to playing at a table. I would like to join if possible. I am good playing a rogue. Since I pretty much have all of the books necessary to play any class. I am okay with playing core race only but what classes can I pick?
I walk in the light for ever bathed in its glory, and yet my heart yearns to be consumed by the darkness hidden with in my soul

My O/O Page

Chulanowa

I had to go and read the comic. Gotta say, this is prime material. Now I just need to decide what it is I'mma be doing!

Muse

Mariah Anice

Four generations ago, Maracio Anice wed Aridalsie, the fiery daughter of a mortal man and radiant fire-walking champion of all that was good and just.  The two hand many adventures together before settling in the capitol to enjoy the wealth they'd earned toppling a tyrant and freeing is 775 slaves.  Their children took naturally to the arts, and gave way to several generations of scribes, painters, priests, and architects. 

As a young woman, Mariah Anice had the radiant beauty and free spirit of a dancing flame.  She aged slowly—more like one of the elfkin than a fully mortal girl.  She embraced fashion and dance with flare and elan that made her immensely popular with all social classes. 

By seventeen, the passionate girl's outspoken defense of the downtrodden began to make converts—and enemies.  Her mother tried to persuade her to quiet down for a time and pursue her childhood love of cooking.  Her father encouraged her to take her love of music and dance to a bardic college and become a star of the opera. 

Her grandmother, however, councilled her to follow her heart.  It was Mariah's heart that ultimately lead her to offer her service to Saranrae, to bring the merciful light of the Sun Goddess-not only through word, but by deeds of charity, martial prowess, and mighty magic. 

One of many reasons this decision terrified her parents—who by now recognized her as an aasimar, empowered by the blood of their Peri ancestor—was that Mariah was small and delicate.  The church understood how to work with this, though.  Her swordmaster's taught her to use a scimitar with grace, energy, and passion rather than force and vigor. 

When chosen at the age of 27 for a mission to explore a new continent, Mariah had 5 years of service to her goddess as a merciful crusader, bringing healing to decent people across the nation, answering truly vile acts with fire and steel.  She wielded a razor edged scimitar that burned with holy fire.  She carried a rod that clad her instantly in the finest raiment her imagination could conceive.  On her brow she wore a phylactery that strengthened her ability to channel the energy of life itself in concentric circles of healing power. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

National Acrobat

Quite interested, do you just want a brief background/blurb about a potential pc at this point?

sullivanthedreadlord

Name: Jathal Rosen
Class/Level: Slayer - 6 Wizard - 1 Arcane Archer - 4
Race: Elf
Sexuality: Bi
Personality: Neutral Good
History:

She was born to a High Born Wizard of her clan and a well respected ranger. Growing up she always felt torn between wanting to follow either her fathers path or her mothers. Both wielded magic drawn from either the Devine or the Arcane. So she decided to compromise and try and follow both paths. She picked up what she could of her mothers ranger combat abilities while trying to also pick up the arcane abilities of her father. She knew that because she was splitting her time between both she would not be the best wizard in the world or the best ranger in the world. At the very least she would become what her tribe would call an arcane archer. So as soon as she was old enough she left the city of her youth and went traveling the world in search for adventure where ever it may be. She always made sure to help those in need. So when the opportunity came to go explore a new continent she signed up as soon as she could so that she could go out and test her skills.

Stats:
Strength:        12
Dexterity:       24 
Constitution:   12
Intelligence:    14
Wisdom:         13
Charisma:       10
Defenses
AC:                  21 (25 with mage armor)
Flat Foot:         14 (18 with mage armor)
Touch:             19
Saves
Fort:                8
Ref:                14
Wil:                 6
BAB                 10/5
Inventory
Belt of Incredible Dexterity +4
Bracers of Archery, Greater +2 to hit and +1 Damage
Amulet of Natural Armor +2
Ring of Protection +2
Cloak Of Elvenkind +5 to Stealth
Masterwork Theives Tools
Type 2 Bag of Holding Bag Weight- 25lbs Weight Limit 500 lbs
Composite Longbow +1 with Adaptive and Endless Ammunition
Bed Roll
belt pouch
chalk
flint and steel
grappling hook
iron pot
mess kit
mirror
pitons (10)
Rope
Soap
Torches (10)
Ring of Sustenance
Water Skin
Gold- 3,750

Slayer Talents-

1- Trapfinding
2- Ranger Combat Style- Archery -Rapid Shot
3- Ranger Combat Style- Archery -Improved Precise Shot

Wizard
Arcane Bond- Ring

Wizard School -

Chosen School-     Transmutation Lvl 1- +1 to Constitution
Forbidden School - Necromancy, Evocation

Spells

Lv0- Light, Mending, Read Magic
Lv1- Abundant Ammunition, Mage Armor

Arcane Archer Abilities

Enhance Arrows - +2
Enhance Arrows (elemental Flaming, Frost or Shock) Unless noted all arrows will be using Shock
Seeker Arrow- Basically an arrow that can go around corners and such.

Feats

1- Point Blank Shot
2- Precise Shot
3- Deadly Aim
4- Many Shot
5- Clustered Shot
6- Weapon Focus Composite Long Bow

Key Skills
Acrobatics               21
Climb                      6                   
Disable Device         26
Knowledge Arcane    16
Perception               17  (19 when looking for traps)
Sense Motive           7
Stealth                    26
Survival                   15
Swim                       9
I walk in the light for ever bathed in its glory, and yet my heart yearns to be consumed by the darkness hidden with in my soul

My O/O Page

DomJoe

Name: Ilwynn, The Silver Demon
Race: Half Drow Elf
Class: Unchained Monk
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Backstory
Ilwynn was the daughter of a Drow female and a human male, the latter being a captive of the former. Her mother was more than happy to toy and humiliate the man in question, using him like an object for pleasure. All of her time spend on that male eventually (and in her mother's eyes, regrettably) bore fruit, and Ilwynn was born. She was scorned by her fellow drow and her mother, who was seen as inferior in all aspects to the other drow. Despite this, she was allowed to live with some of the prestige that was granted to Drow Females, but she was still abused by her peers and her mother almost every single day. They claimed it was to make her become more like them, but she did not like this in the least, and she knew in her heart that she would eventually end up dead in their care. During a surface expedition, she saw her opportunity to escape, and managed to flee into the jungle away from her only support system. As fate would have it, she would come across a sect of monks who lived in the jungle, and they took her in as one of their own.

She was treated with some suspicion as first, but she took to the rigorous training of the monks and their teachings much better than the cruelty and beatings of the drow, and she became one of their more dedicated followers. However, she was not without her problems: her fighting style of choice reflected her time with the drow, being more cruel and adept at causing pain with a blade than most of the monks who trained there. As much as she wanted to fight it, the influence of evil was still there. There was much debate as to whether or not she should stay, in order to keep her vengeance in check, or to let her out into the world and seek her own enlightenment. Eventually, they agreed that despite her impulses, only seeing the world at large would grant the woman a chance to resolve the conflict within herself, and she was set free to walk the world on her own.

Ilwynn would travel for many years, her fighting style gaining her some prestige, as well as the name "The Silver Demon", due to how ferociously she fights. Her blade lashes out viciously and much like a demon's horns, aiming to make them feel excruciating pain and suffering before ending their life with multiple puncture wounds.

(Ilwynn still needs some inventory things finished, but otherwise she is mechanically complete. HP rolls below)
At 2018-01-09 12:09:41, DomJoe (uid: 56382) rolls: 10d10a43 Result: 92

National Acrobat

Name: Captain Eathelstan Stoutly
Race: Human
Class: Fighter
Alignment: NG

Work in Progress/Basic Idea: No CS yet, but Ethan is a straight fighter, a Blade and Board type that will be tough, and skilled in several primary weapons, but will have charisma and intelligence as well, as part of his backstory requires it.

Recently Retired Captain Eathelstan 'Ethan' Stoutly hails from Absalom, where in his nine years with the Starwatch Guard, he advanced to the rank of Captain. His first adventure as a young buck landed him in the Starwatch's custody and at that point he decided to serve with them to clear his name. He soon discovered that he had that something that the Starwatch needed, a warrior with a personality that could mesh with anyone, and he quickly rose to the rank of corporal, then sergeant, and eventually became an officer, one of the few commoners to do so. His parents are from Absalom, and are poor laborers, which is what prompted Ethan to take up mercenary work. However, his aptitude for bladed combat and his affability were a perfect match for the Starwatch and the locals took to him. He treated everyone equally, and would rub shoulders with anyone, preferring to find a peaceable solution to most problems, but his prowess as a warrior was never in question, and when it's time to fight, Ethan is more than capable of holding his own.

He is skilled with blade, axe and bow, and will use whichever of them is more advantageous at the current time. Diplomacy is always his first option, it's easier to make friends and protect innocents when taking someone in or trying to diffuse a situation than going directly to melee, but he's also a pragmatist, and when he realizes that diplomacy will not work, he's always ready to engage. The men under his command followed him for a few reasons. He always led from the front, he wouldn't ask his men to do something he wasn't willing to do, and he never lied to them, even when it might serve them better. He has a reputation as a straight shooter, and eventually that rubbed some of the more aristocratic officers in the Starwatch Guard the wrong way, which prompted him to take the offer of exploration under serious consideration. Much to the chagrin of his men, he accepted, and his since resigned from the guard, and is ready to take the next challenge.

Ethan is six and a half feet tall and has a mass of unkempt blond hair and a full beard, along with blue eyes. He's an attractive man, who is fair to everyone. A holy symbol of Mazludeh can be seen hanging around his neck, the Goddess of Community has strong ties with his family, and he firmly believes in her mantra that your community needs to be defended, whether it's a city, a ship full of comrades, or the men under your command. Most people think because he's a fighter he's uneducated, but to their surprise, he speaks a few languages, and has some formal schooling, and actually enjoys reading, and art.

Ixy

This will be tough to narrow down. I will accept concepts, sheets optional, until Saturday am ET, and will allow the accepted players a couple of days to catch up on mechanics thereafter. Thanks to those interested so far!

DomJoe

There is plenty of competition for the "Fighter" spot. Only one cleric, and there is no arcane casting (unless if you want to count Jathal, which I can't really count since more of an archer than a caster). I simply won't play full casters in Pathfinder, so I went for the role I know best: the beat stick.

sullivanthedreadlord

Jathal is not a caster. She is simply a Archer who augments her archery with magic.

My O/O Page

Green Goo Theory

cracks fingers  I guess I can to work on a caster sort.  It's been a while for me in 3.P but I think I still got it.
Coming soon...

National Acrobat

Quote from: DomJoe on January 09, 2018, 12:43:31 PM
There is plenty of competition for the "Fighter" spot. Only one cleric, and there is no arcane casting (unless if you want to count Jathal, which I can't really count since more of an archer than a caster). I simply won't play full casters in Pathfinder, so I went for the role I know best: the beat stick.

I'm the opposite. I almost always play either a caster or rogue, so I decided to try something different for a change.

Chulanowa

I'm definitely going wizard, taking a sort of natural philosopher angle; a reiassance woman of the sciences, of sorts; good knowledges, keeps a sketchbook and a spellbook, brought along a steamer trunk full of preservative chemicals and tomes and treatises about the finer points of vegetable matter, that sort of thing  ;D Kind of Charles Darwin meets Indiana Jones meets James Audobon, with a generous dash of Miss Cleo and Aliester Crowley. Because Wizard.

It's just a question of which one...

sullivanthedreadlord

So this would make my character a scout in the wilds leading the group as far as tracking and the like. Also the trap Disabler. Not sure how much we have to worry about that. I guess I can talk a bit of magic with the casters and also get along with the fighters.

My O/O Page

Ixy

Your characters will be in the wilds, but there are other peoples there... And from the scrying, signs of lost civilizations.  So it's she to assume that traps are a risk for sure.

PhantomPistoleer

I would like to submit a character from one of your previous campaigns:

Sir Pallam Rem
Character Sheet Completed

Hopes for character development

Sir Pallam is someone that struggles to be a good person.  He likes to drink, he likes to whore, and he likes to spend gold, but he also desperately wants to be a moral and religious person.  Sir Pallam is always willing to lend his blade to protect the innocent and to battle evil, but it's during the slow intervals between the former and the latter where Sir Pallam is at his weakest.

He is modest, and all he wants is to die in the service of his goddess.  But I personally want him to become a better man than he is.  More specifically, I would like for him to develop into a tactical thorn in the battlefield.  Statistically, I would like to make Sir Pallam stronger and more resilient.  I want him to pursue teamwork feats with other characters.  I want him to always keep his word to his adventuring company and always try to do his best by his friends.

Background

"I am a paladin for the lady of valor," Sir Pallam said.

"How did you become devoted to Iomedae, sire?" Gillem, Sir Pallam's new drinking buddy, asked.

"It just happened," Sir Pallam replied thoughtfully.  "It wasn't my plan, that's for sure, and I'm certain that our lady who is the light of the sword would have chosen a better supplicant.  But the wheels started turning one day when I was just a boy.  I hadn't counted ten winters when my old man was killed in the wars, and my mother, bless her soul, had died at childbirth.  I was with children in similar straits, camping in ruins and living off the land, when we were set upon by a horde of undead creatures.  I had never been so frightened.  They were so quick and powerful..."

"I had seen dead bodies before," he mused, "but I had never seen people die.  This little girl was the first to go.  We told her to run, but she was rooted to her spot.  The creatures grabbed her first, and tore her apart like she was nothing.  We couldn't help but watch.  It was so terrible."

"We were getting picked off one by one, with the slowest getting picked off first," he added after slaking his thirst with a drought of ale after talking so much.  "Though I was one of the fastest kids there, I was towards the back of the pack because I was holding a little boy in one hand and dragging his sister with the other.  Just when I started thinking about giving them up to save myself, this huge horse of a man jumped in front of me.  He was wielding a sword that was nearly as long as he was tall in his two hands and I thought he was going to cut us kids down.  Instead, he told us to run ahead to an abandoned siege tower and to wait.

"Then, this man charged towards the horde and started mowing them down with his hot blade.  His blows were so powerful that the walking corpses were bursting into clouds of blood when he hit them, which then rained down on us.  He fought the horde the entire night and halfway into the day.  But when I came upon him again, he was half-blind and half-dead, and still almost took my head from my neck.

"It turns out that he was a paladin of Iomedae," he said, churning his lips.  "He was dying and he knew it.  He made me swear up and down to take his sword and holy symbol to the Magnimarian temple of Iomedae, so that his brothers and sisters could continue to use his items in the service of his goddess.  I ended up selling his things the first opportunity I got.  But I felt mightily sorry for crossing an oath."

"Wait," Gillem said, laughing, "you sold it?  Ha!"

"Aye," Sir Pallam replied. 

"For how much?" Gillem asked.

"Ten gold pieces," Sir Pallam said with a smirk.  "I was naive.  I didn't know what things were worth.  I was fortunate, though.  The shopkeeper took pity on me because he gave me the sword back when I returned to get the paladin's things.  But there was no holy symbol.  He had already sold it.  Even to this day, I regret having sold that rusty old charm."

"So what happened then?" Gillem asked.

"I went to Magnimar," replied Sir Pallam.  "It took me two years to get there, but by the time I knocked on the front door of Iomedae's temple, I had learned to swing that sword.  I had to learn.  The road had been long and perilous after all."

"I know where this story goes," Gillem said, slamming his stein on the counter.  "You delivered the blade, and then swore an oath then and there that you'd become a paladin of Iomedae.  The blade you delivered is now your blade.  You carry his weapon in his stead."

"Actually..." Sir Pallam said, scratching under his chin to draw the pause out, "no.  It turns out that though the man that saved me had once been a paladin of Iomedae, he had been ex-communicated for collecting the heads of his foes on the battlefield.  The temple's guardians smelted his blade in the furnace.  I wouldn't have been able to handle that blade competently anyways.  It was almost seven feet in length.  But I did swear to enter into Iomedae's service right then and there.  It wasn't because I wanted to take the paladin's place...  I just did not want to get back on the road without a sword."

Desired Kinks

I like group sex, exhibitionism, public sex, adultery, and prostitution.  I am open to M/F, M/M, and M/F pegging.  I am not into bestiality, but I can play in a game where it happens.  However, I am okay with sex with sentient monsters.  I like it when chaotic female characters lead my lawful good character astray.  I love sexy evil females who must have their way with my non-consenting paladin.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

sullivanthedreadlord

I haven't rolled my HP yet. I was waiting till the game started. I wasn't sure if it was roll or I can take half.

My O/O Page

Latooni Subota

Edit: Ehhhh, it's not cool to hedge bets with multiple characters like that, I'll just focus on the one i like more and I think will be more useful. Halflings for life!

Tessa Fairwind (No not THAT Tessa Fairwind!)
Tessa Fairwind, Halfling Sorcerer (Maestro/Serpentine Crossblooded)

Tessa Fairwind, not to be mistaken for the near-legendary pirate lord by the same name (No matter how much it amuses THIS Tessa), is a halfling sorceress from the western edge of Varisia. Well, lots of places in Varisia to be honest, seeing as how she grew up as part of a gypsy caravan performing for all and sundry. This Tessa has always been a rather unusual, rather special young lady though. Amongst halfling women she is taller and a bit slimmer than most. Her skin is a soft light tan without blemishes, her chocolate-colored hair falling in luxurious waves down to the small of her back. Like other halflings she has large, bright eyes though the color is an unusual green a bit too bright to be called olive. It all comes together to give her a somewhat fey appearance, something she claims comes from a Lillend ancestor. If it's true, it explains her unusual powers and musical gifts.

Tessa considers herself to be a proper, good person. She's calm and kind, always ready to whisper a word of encouragement where it will be most useful. The whisper part is important because her voice has been likened to literal bells being rung. There's a dreamy, musical quality to it that can be outright hypnotic . . . and yet she doesn't abuse it in every day life. She saves the more magical effects of her voice for combat, and instead focuses on helping the people around her. While she enjoys a good adventure as much as the next, she's just fine with enjoying a night of music or cooking a good meal and settling down. Still, her high level of magical power has lead her to belive that it's her responsibility to make use of it, leading to her joining with various adventuring troupes or acting like a diplomat for those in conflict. The stories of her brokering peace between a frontier village and a tribe of orcs, or her taming a wild dire lion, are well-known. Honestly, it's probably her sense of responsibility and do-gooder-ing that are her biggest flaws, since she's a bit frail to be throwing herself into danger left and right. She's long since learned to stay with strong allies rather than set out on her own.

For most of her life, Tessa was rather content to stick around the Varisian caravan she was born in. They were fairly successful, well-defended, happy . . . why bother leaving? Life was song and dance and meeting new people in various towns every day! Even the most content and satisfied halfling eventually gets a bit of wanderlust though, especially when they awaken to sorcerous potential. When her caravan met up with an adventuring group, Tessa decided to head along with them instead of staying with her family. Her silver tongue (and the fact that she actually knew how to cook) easily convinced the adventurers to let her join. This began a solid decade of her joining various groups and going on grand adventurers, be it exploring deep woods to find rare herbs for medicine, or stopping wild beasts from attacking merchant caravans.

It really didn't take long for the young woman to gain a bit of fame of her own, and not even for her various good deeds. Despite not being a classically trained bard, her music and dancing was something to look forward to by her many fans. Her reputation as a fair diplomat and intermediary increased her popularity as an adventurer as well. If you're having a major dispute with someone, or you're having problems with communication, why not call Tessa Fairwind? This suited the young halfling woman just fine as long as people didn't try and convince her to do more . . . troublesome things. This isn't to say that she's a pacifist of course. Her powerful magic has lead to the deaths of more than a few irredeemable enemies, it's just that she personally likes diplomatic options where possible. It was decided that she would be a great choice to join the expedition to the west for all of the above reasons, especially her ability to understand and be understood by any sentient beings. After all, who knows what races they'll run into on the journey west?
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Waldham

Emielle Amblecouronne
Human Martial Master Fighter

• Hair Color:  Black
  • Eye Color:  Blue
  • Skin Color:  Pale White
  • Height:  6' 2"
  • Weight:  150 lbs
  • Orientation: Pansexual
  • Alignment:  Neutral Good

Description

Emielle would rather use the weapons and the armors, the technology that the divine or profane magic that either a spell or a magic item. She is not particularly bloodthirsty and sees no purpose in finishing off felled foes or battling to a lethal end. Dead targets can’t talk, after all, and can never be turned to the righteous side.
She is tall and strongly built, with dark hair. His eyes are light blue, gleam with intelligence and curiosity and his natural expression is wary. She favors a thick burgundy cloak is trimmed with mithral plates and cut to fit handsomely over heavy armor. She is skilled in melee combat.
With her flexibility martial, she can adapt herself to several situations. She can avoid lethal damage from advanced wepon or armor training.
With adaptable or versatile training, she can use a lot of skills following the situation. Lastly, with combat or restorative vigor, she can  can quickly recuperate from devastating attacks  or from additional kinds of damage without divine assistance.

Background

Native from the colony Sargava, Emielle is passionate about engineering: water-powered lifts, hydraulic energy. As she grew older, she longed to experience life outside of Saragava, and when she turned 16 she left Mwangi Expanse .
So she has had opportunity to travel in other country as guard for the merchant caravan.
Emielle always felt awkward in his skin. She increasingly found himself identifying with strong female figures. And for most of his life Emielle would carry the conviction that he had been born with the incomplete body. She rescued Yllissa in Sodden Lands from a contingent of the boggards tribe that attacked the caravan that Emielle escorted.
In thanks for her rescue, Illyssa pledged her skills to Emielle, but the fighter  would have none of it. Illysa was welcome to travel with her, but she owe her nothing.
And by the time the two reached their destination, they'd fallen in love.
Emielle had revealed to Ilyssa to be unsatisfied with his body, she was incomplete. Illysa spent a fair amount of her personal time to research an elixir for Emielle, one that would shift her physical gender to match the rest of her.
Emielle led other explorations in the Mwangi Expanse and as an adaptative fighter permitted her to obtain notoriety, followers and the interest in particular, with Baron Utilinus, ruler of Sargava. The Empire seeks to expanse his influence by completing a mission to reach  western-most border at the ocean and Emielle seems a potential candidate.

NPC

Human Experimenter Vigilante
As the most frail of the many offspring born in the human slave pen of the boggards tribe, Illyssa escaped only because of his cunning and the help from Emielle. Her formative years were brutal, she flourished amid the violence and bloodshed of the boggards around her. Even as a child, Illyssa could discreetly create dozens of toxic slurries, flesh-burning unguents, and paralytic tinctures out of only crushed bugs and scavenged f lora, and poison became his favorite method of dealing with his tormenters. She has seen the horrors committed in Sodden Lands.
Yllissa was 16, she is 6-1/2 feet tall, weighing only 200 pounds. The dark blond hair on his head suggest Ulfen descent, but Yllissa never knew his mother, nor has he ever cared to.
The scar that runs across this woman’s face renders her both unmistakable and unforgettable, and she wears her thick, dark blond hair pulled back as if to emphasize this mark
She fell in love with a human woman named Emielle, who gave Ylissa a locket. The lock of hair inside Yllissa’s locket belongs to Emielle. And Emielle has it also.

Sexuality

• Ons: She likes all physical characters except obese and overweight. She prefers female and hermaphrodite partners. She can copulate with all races and species if she attracted by the partner. She likes knotting cock, large and small breasts, big and multiple penises, tentacles. Emille is not paying enough attention to the status.
    She likes anal and vaginal sex, the bondage, domination, multiple partners, oral sex, sex toys.
  • Offs: She doesn't like giving or receveing ennemas, scat. She hates pain and torture.

Post Frequency:  I can post every day, sometimes stuff can get in the way.  If there's important things going on I try to make sure I stay on top of responses so people aren't waiting on me.

Latooni Subota

Sweet Shelyn look at those muscles. She can JUGGLE Tessa! :O

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

TheHighwayHitman

Ixy

Character submissions are accepted until tomorrow morning ET so no characters are final yet.

TheHighwayHitman

Ahh. I wont make the deadline. But I am a Cleric player.

Latooni Subota

There's so many good apps with cool characters. Makes me want to try and figure out ways to make Tessa better. @.@

eBadger

I'll have a late night submission.  Tried to finish last night but needed sleep. 

Ixy

It's all good.  I won't check until late morning.

eBadger

Myra Gersumblesuch-Kettlespark

Gnomish Arcane Sorceress
Chaotic Good
Character Sheet (In progress)

"Hey!  Barkeep!  Have you got a whiskey strong enough to burn the memories away?"

The Kettlespark clan is an old and honored line of scholars renowned for their powerful magic.  Within the dormant lava tubes behind the black granite walls of the Ashen Hall they keep the Brass Library, a repository of knowledge ranging from arcane to philosophical.  For centuries clan kept mostly to itself, content in reclusion, venturing out to seek knowledge and resources rather than land or power.  In their vanity, they imagined themselves above the petty squabbles of those around them - until exaggerated, false rumors of powerful magic and artifacts stored within the Library reached the ears of Sheng, an orc mage who was uniting many clans of the Horde. 

Myra grew up amidst the desperate struggle for existence; both her parents fell at her side during vicious battles defending the passes and ramparts and raiding the horde to disrupt Sheng's attempt to become Warlord.  Both necessity and talent empowered her magic; she was forged into a prodigy and hero.  Those hammer blows of experience left marks, however.  Myra was brave, cunning, loyal to a fault and esteemed knowledge and civilization; but she was also quick to anger, ruthless...even bloodthirsty, some whispered where she couldn't quite hear. 

And when the war ended, Sheng finally dead and destroyed, Myra knew within her burnt and bloody soul those whispers were true.  Peace held nothing for her; she was a creature of action and destruction, not an erudite to burrow into stacks of tomes and scrolls to tease out wisdom.  She would rather hurl a spell or forge some arcane device by instinct than unravel why it worked.  The ghosts of remembered horrors haunted her, the eyes of dead friends and foes demanding solace in drink or action.  Stifled by the fruits of victory, she decided to follow the path of the Collectors, going into the world to gather knowledge for others rather than staying at the Library to gather it for herself.  She served for a time as an irregular within the Imperial military, then as a mercenary and freelance adventurer, obtaining manuscripts by service, trade or force.   

Myra was recruited into the expedition as a projection of Imperial power.  She has a warm and forceful personality and is well used to negotiations and diplomacy; but where that fails, she is a blazing fury of offensive potential.  Whether impressed or intimidated, her presence is the first step toward converting foreign nations and tribes into vassal states.  She is, as one minister noted in his advisory letter, "An excellent emissary when cordial relations are desired, but success is desired more." 

Morgan Fliffitygivvit
Faerie Dragon Familiar

"Yes, but I'm right at the end of the chapter...."

A staid and stable complement to Myra's personality, Morgan has the mind of an accountant and the soul of a scholar.  He has long been a servant of the Brass Library; the smell of arcane knowledge drew him in shortly after he was hatched.  He prefers the thinking approach to any situation, and a good book to actually doing anything at all.  Where Myra is the power and action of their duo, Morgan is the reason and planning, coupled by a distinctly draconic sense of greed.  He modest magical power is usually bent toward supporting others, while he remains as a protector, scout, and sometime accomplice. 

They do, however, share an avaricious desire to accumulate knowledge, something they'll charm, swindle or fight to accomplish. 

Chulanowa

Y'know when I said "definitely a wizard' and put up four possible pictures for said wizard? Apparently what I meant was "Probably a druid or Shaman, lol" - I don't know why my brain does this to me. At any rate, hopefully will have it up by the mornin'!

Muse

*Chuckles* 

Staring all over with a few hours to aply, Chula? 

lol  And I think up until now I was the sole divine caster aplicant.  ^_^;;

Chulanowa

Jaela Sands

Neutral Half-Elf Druid 11

Jaela Sands was born in the port city of Nimwaters. Her mother was a lady of the night, her father some elf who had come in on a ship and never looked back. Despite being the by-blow of a vagrant and a prostitute, Jaela's life was not terrible; Her mother worked out of a tavern , and the innkeeper kept the girl busy sweeping floors, changing candles, chasing mice. Certainly not a life of luxury, but she was rarely hungry and barely knew violence outside of a few barfights.
   This changed twenty years ago, during the Mitheran Uprising; when the Pretender's men came to Nimwater, they did so as an attacking army, keen on "proving a point" to the port city that proudly hailed the emperor in these parts. Nimwater burned, and many of its people died in the carnage. Jaela's and her mother were among the refugees who fled; but her mother had suffered several blows and from the smoke of the burning tavern, and at her age... She demanded her daughter travel northwest after she was gone, to find her father. Jaela did all she could within her meager power to keep her mother with her, but it wasn't enough.
   The young woman did as he mother bade her and traveled northwest, through farmland, through hills, and into the forests near the frontier. it was a hard journey, and Jaela had to learn a number of things from the people she traveled with; reading hte weather, starting a fire with damp wood, snaring rabbits. All she had was a name, Faris Jedleanu, and village after village turned her in new directions, until finally, finally, she found him.
   Faris had changed from his days as a drunken sailor; Now the forest called to him, and as surprised as he was to find he had a daughter, he was determined to help her hear the same call. Among the elves and woodsmen of the frontier, Jaela learned the druidic arts. Forest and plain, sky and river, she learned the way of all the lands, and the creatures dwelling there.
   When the empire came calling to the frontier, seeking brave souls with experience in the hinterlands for an expedition even further afield, Jaela decided to take her chance; There were elder druids and fiercer rangers, perhaps, but they were busy after all... And part of her, an adventurous part, wanted to know how deep the secrets of this land went, beyond the bounds of her circle's knowledge.

Personality: Jaela is a practical, sensible woman. At least she likes to think she is. Few other people seem to agree... well, few other humans from [/i]civilization[/i], that is. She could never live within a walled city again! Though she takes the duty of her order seriously - to maintain the health and sanctity of the green world - that doesn't mean she has to be crotchety and dour. begin of elvish blood, she's still a young woman compared to the others, after all! She finds fun in the world aroudn her, and it's not hard when you can be nearly any animal or creature you put your mind to. She has a good eye for the character of people,and despite frequent disappointment, she hasn't shed her optimism that most people are basically good, if you let them be. Though she doesn't really go out of her way to "make firends," she's happy to join in with others, though her odd mannerisms and occasionally "geeking out" (as one gnome once put it) over random patterns in leaves or bird flights can be offputting. if you took her to a fancy party she'd be the one looking for the host's cat, who is no doubt scared of all these new people.

Role: I'm seeing Jaela as a solid "support" role; wild shape can lend itself to scouting or combat just fine, and the wide array of druid spells can certainly bolster the group or decimate an enemy. Investign in Nature, Survival, Spellcraft, and Geography will of no doubt have practical uses as well. Maybe not hte "best healer," she would point out htat it's better to not have to heal wounds, than to be really good at doing it. Right?

...I do also have the shaman, but I think it might be a little "out there" for what Ixy has planned.  ;D Even if she would be a better healer...

sullivanthedreadlord

Some healing is better than waiting for it to heal naturally.

My O/O Page

Callie Del Noire

Ixy

Please verify that these are the applications that you want to submit, and I'll make selections in the next 24 hours or so.  Personality notes are being made by me, based on how I expect your characters would behave in the frontier, and aren't meant to be overly simplistic or anything-- just for my reference.  If you think they don't really describe your character's portrayal, let me know.

So.  I will have some trouble here.  I see at least 5 or 6 characters that I definitely want in this story, and no characters that I -don't- want.  The problem is that I will not have that many spots, and I am not going to run a large-group game.

Player: Chulanowa
Character: Jaela Sands, Half-Elf Druid. 
Role: Support, Nature, Healing
Personality: Optimistic, copacetic, easygoing, prone to fascination

Player: eBadger
Character: Myra something something, Gnomish Sorceress (Arcane Bloodline)
Role: Arcane caster, questionable representative of law and order
Personality: Haunted hero, imperial hand, face

Player: Waldham
Character: Emielle Amblecouronne, Human Fighter
Role: Tank, crafter?, traditional frontier tech
Personality: Unrelenting, apart from a love, accepting, courageous

Player: Latooni Subota
Character: Tessa Fairwind, Halfling Sorceress (Maestro/Serpentine Crossblooded)
Role: Arcane Caster, Communication, face, nature knowledge
Personality: Positive, adorable, pacifist if possible

Player: PhantomPistoleer
Character: Sir Pallam Ren, Human Paladin
Role: Bravado, martial, spearheading martial action
Personality: if like I remember... Noble, charmingly obstinate, heedless of personal risk, bit of a square

Player: NationalAcrobat
Character: Cpt. Eathelstan Stoutly, Human Fighter
Role: Martial, spearheading martial action
Personality: Direct, duty-bound, protector-type

Player: DomJoe
Character: Ilwynn, Half-Elf UC Monk
Role: Martial, specialist
Personality: former slave, struggling with personal pain

Player: SullivanTheDreadlord
Character: Jathal Rosen, Elf, Slayer (Arcane Archer)
Role: Ranged combat, minor caster, specialist
Personality: Not sure

Player: Muse
Character: Mariah Anice, Aasimar Cleric of Sarenrae
Role: Insanely fuckable healer (so far)
Personality: Aloof spirity-type, unearthly, gentle-and-wise type with blade and magic to back it up

National Acrobat

Yes Ma'am, that is indeed the character I wish to submit!

PhantomPistoleer

Aww, he isn't a bit of a square!   :D

But he is all of those other things.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

DomJoe

Ilwynn is also slightly bloodthirsty, as reflected in her method of combat (stab it till it screams, then stab it some more). Otherwise, she's blunt and to the point (Good insight, not so good with words). Otherwise, that's my character.

Latooni Subota

Chulanowa

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on January 14, 2018, 03:38:30 PM
Aww, he isn't a bit of a square!   :D

But he is all of those other things.

I can vouch for that, I've never seen a paladin so eager to eat "desert lobster" in the raw. And even though this is E and that SOUNDS dirty, no. No it was not.  ;D

Latooni Subota

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Chulanowa on January 14, 2018, 04:10:11 PM
I can vouch for that, I've never seen a paladin so eager to eat "desert lobster" in the raw. And even though this is E and that SOUNDS dirty, no. No it was not.  ;D

Maybe Ixy thought he was a square because he liked to sleep a lot.  He was wearing full plate in the desert!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

National Acrobat

Chulanowa

Quote from: Latooni Subota on January 14, 2018, 04:21:39 PM
*Snickers*

Insanely Fuckable Healer

Pffft, that's nothing, just wait 'til you get a taste of Jaela's Goodberries. Ask anyone, she's the Lay of the Land. Just feel that Healing Warmth coming from her Grove of Respite!

Also she can make it rain motherfucking frogs. While also being a flying frog herself. Maybe you're not into that but you gotta admit, that's pretty fucking cool.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Chulanowa on January 14, 2018, 05:00:00 PM
Pffft, that's nothing, just wait 'til you get a taste of Jaela's Goodberries. Ask anyone, she's the Lay of the Land. Just feel that Healing Warmth coming from her Grove of Respite!

Also she can make it rain motherfucking frogs. While also being a flying frog herself. Maybe you're not into that but you gotta admit, that's pretty fucking cool.

:-\  How big of a frog?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Chulanowa

well, only a medium frog, but she can be a large toad!

Actually reading up on Wild Shape... this ability is kind of nuts. How have i never played a Druid before?

eBadger

Lol.  Yes, that's me.  Trying to bridge the line between blaster and toolbox, and I think I've mostly succeeded.  Added a bit on her familiar just so there was another gnome gibberish name in there. 

Muse

Quote from: Latooni Subota on January 14, 2018, 04:21:39 PM
*Snickers*

Insanely Fuckable Healer

*blushes*  I didn't realize I'd done my job that well.  ;) 

Edit: Confirming in plain english: Yes, that is the character I'm aplying with. 

Chulanowa

Quote from: Ixy on January 14, 2018, 03:14:36 PM
Role: Support, Nature, Healing
Personality: Optimistic, copacetic, easygoing, prone to fascination

-Looks up copacetic because I am not a smart man-

Yup, that seems in order.  ;D

DomJoe

Well, this is going to be close, I'm feeling...

eBadger

Quote from: DomJoe on January 14, 2018, 10:14:41 PM
Well, this is going to be close, I'm feeling...

Likely to come down to who has the most syllables in their name *nods sagely*

Seriously, though, choosing is HARD.  And lots of good entries here. 

sullivanthedreadlord

My O/O Page

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

sullivanthedreadlord

Most modules are built for 4 players but most of the pathfinder games I have played in have mostly had more than 4 players. The shop game I take part in on the weekends has had at least 5 to 6 people in it. Its just probably takes a bit more planning to make it a challenge with out being too easy.

My O/O Page

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: sullivanthedreadlord on January 15, 2018, 09:40:13 AM
Most modules are built for 4 players but most of the pathfinder games I have played in have mostly had more than 4 players. The shop game I take part in on the weekends has had at least 5 to 6 people in it. Its just probably takes a bit more planning to make it a challenge with out being too easy.

The issue isn't GM planning.  It's player attrition.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

sullivanthedreadlord

I have never played Pathfinder or any other game like it on a message board before. I have only ever played it by sitting around a table and rolling dice.

My O/O Page

Muse

It's a really awesome experience, especialy if you like writing--or just enjoy a good fantasy novel. 

If you don't get into this one--there's not a lot of spots in the group!--keep applying, it won't take you long to get itno one. 

sullivanthedreadlord

True. I am just been playing pathfinder that when it comes to building my character mechanically, I think I have it down well enough. I always try to be mechanically optimized so that my character is good at their job or jobs. I have a general idea of what I am going to play as when it comes to my characters. I sort of based my archer off of an archer I was till yesterday play when she took a lightning bolt to the face and died. It sucked but I had to make a new character and went for a Blood Rager which is a barbarian with some spellcasting as its a hybrid of a Barbarian and a Sorcerer. Not sure how it will turnout but I think with the group I am in it will be a bit fun to just be more smash.

My O/O Page

National Acrobat

Quote from: sullivanthedreadlord on January 15, 2018, 09:40:13 AM

My RL group still has most of the people in it that played 1E ADnD and we started the group in 1989. 1E encouraged large groups, and so our PF group has 9 people. When we meet for our 1/Saturday a month group, we have 11.

It's a lot trickier I've discovered than simply doubling the encounters to ensure it's a challenge, which is why I try to keep party size to 3 when I run an online PF game, but I agree, that makes it very, very hard to choose players, especially when you have so many awesome submissions.

While I try to make my PC really good at what they do, I also take background and story into consideration, and tend to not be fully min/maxed or optimized or however you want to put it, because story is more important to me personally for a pc than the numbers. That said, an 11th level fighter is still going to be a damn good fighter though.

sullivanthedreadlord

I have mostly played with groups that are a kind of mix of focus on first combat and with some light sprinkling of RP in it. Though my group has played more than just Pathfinder. We are currently also doing savage worlds. I have found that we are RPing a bit more in that one. This last session I think I well lets say I'm playing myself and I gave my full true name to the Queen of the Fey wilds. Not only that but I agreed to a blanket I owe you a favor to said queen as well because we needed to pick a flower and I suggested we ask the queen first when I found out that she would be mad if we just picked it.

My O/O Page

eBadger

I usually lean 4-5.  Enough to be well rounded but everyone has their own role.  And no major delays.  I've done the same size here, but may need to try out a small group next time I gm. 

Ixy

Sorry for the delay.  I'm thinking... really.  I have one other take I want to start and, honestly, the apps for this have just kind of overwhelmed me, and I don't want to waste this opportunity.

Muse

*smiles*  Take your time, Ixy. 

We really have given you a hard job.  That's flattering to us all! 

Latooni Subota

I can understand the conundrum. Good people everywhere!

eBadger

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Ixy on January 15, 2018, 06:03:23 PM
Sorry for the delay.  I'm thinking... really.  I have one other take I want to start and, honestly, the apps for this have just kind of overwhelmed me, and I don't want to waste this opportunity.

Ixy, what can we do?  Should we submit sexier characters?  ::considers making his submission a super hot paladin lady::
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

eBadger

*Performs a sexy gnome dance* short girls got more curves, yo!

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: eBadger on January 15, 2018, 11:29:22 PM
*Performs a sexy gnome dance* short girls got more curves, yo!

Eh, I am a little racist, in that I dislike the small races in Dungeons and Dragons.  Even dwarves.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

eBadger

I grew up with the old school dwarves when women had beards And the racial personality was "alcoholic Scottish" so...yeah.  I don't really do them.  But gnomes are cuuute! 

Ixy

I've selected the following characters based on how I expect them to interact, suit the plotline/scenarios I'm presenting, and generally fit the story.  This was not easy, and is not a slight to any player or character presented.  I really hope that we get to continue to RP together in the future.

IN FACT... I have specifically in mind to try to recruit a couple of you for an ongoing game that needs refresher characters due to dropouts... if you would be interested in a gothic/D-s/graphic game I've been running for a couple months, please PM me and let me know... it's on the boards as Ravens of Golgotha.

Thank you!

For now, accepted characters can be posted in the OOC/Character thread once finalized.  I'd like to post the first IC this weekend, as it's mainly written to go.  (((<<<Please bookmark the link)))

Though not affiliated with the Crown of the Empire, Jaela's reputation among the druids is near legendary, and enough knowledge was shared with her order of the threats hidden in the unknown of the West-- in secret, of course-- to stir their worries.  She is chosen to ensure that these threats are dealt with.

Player: eBadger
Character: Myra something something, Gnomish Sorceress (Arcane Bloodline)
Hook: Her fame in the empire is well reputed, and they are calling on her once again to serve their interests.  Her loyalty is yet to be questioned.  Oh, little do they know.

Player: Latooni Subota
Character: Tessa Fairwind, Halfling Sorceress (Maestro/Serpentine Crossblooded)
Hook: Her knowledge of the serpent tongue will be invaluable, as it is believed that many native tribes of serpent-folk... or something that resembles them... breed heavily in the mountains and swamps west of the known borders. 

Player: PhantomPistoleer
Character: Sir Pallam Ren, Human Paladin
Hook: Sir Ren just led a group of initiates and lower clergy-centered warriors to clear a nest of resurrected natives... they were reptilian in nature, and it appears your rival nation had forged a dark pact to try a desperate maneuver to add to its ranks.  The tomb was... unsettling.   Now orders are to join the mission west and bring god's light.

Player: NationalAcrobat
Character: Cpt. Eathelstan Stoutly, Human Fighter
Hook: Cpt. Stoutly was heavily involved in the war effort, and his unit helped take the fort.  He knows the enemy, and he knows the local officers.  See post 1 when it's up.