Interest Check- Star Wars: Imperial Special Services (FFG Star Wars)

Started by ShadowFox89, November 29, 2017, 11:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Putting out an interest check for a game idea that I've been bouncing around for a bit. Going from the view of those raised in the Empire and who have joined the Inquisition or Imperial Army, taking a bit from the Operative storyline of Star Wars the Old Republic. You are hand picked by a Grand Moff to be part of the Imperial Special Services, a unit of soldiers and inquisition operatives designed to operate in covert and off the books operations such as kidnapping, sabotage, infiltration, and assassination. Posing as rebels to stir discontent, murder and kidnapping of political rivals, these are all standard affairs for the Imperial Special Services.

And because the question will be asked, what about non-humans? Generally, non-humans are considered low class and untrustworthy (after all, it wasn't humans that started the clone wars *cough*) and thus would never be offered any sort of high ranking position. However, that is exactly what makes them suitable for the Imperial Special Services, blending in with far less suspicion than a human operative might.

With that said, who would be interested? I'll go up to 4 players, but I'll take at least two.

[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Species[/b]:
[b]Gender[/b]:
[b]Career[/b]:
[b]Specializations[/b]:

[b]Physical Description[/b]:

[b]Personality[/b]:

[b]Brief Bio[/b]:
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Drowdeviant

My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

clonkertink

Pumpkin Seeds in an FFG thread? What are the odds?

Yeah. I'd be interested.

TheFourthShade

Belisuavious

Pumpkin Seeds

If space is tight I can pull out.  I am involved in two games already and don't want to hog the system game.

ShadowFox89

Well, I have enough to consider a good interest in the game. Feel free to start putting forth character concepts, if there's something in a book that I don't own, I can probably get hold of it within a week. If you want quicker feedback on a concept, best chance is through Steam or Discord.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Pumpkin Seeds

WhatLiesAbove

Just curious, and I should let my geek flag fly...

Chiss Collective have always been welcome in the Imperial Intelligence. Would this still hold since they are so humanoid like?

TheFourthShade

@WhatLiesAbove
If nothing else, the GM really likes the Chiss as characters, so you probably have a better than even shot.

----

My idea was Mila Tuvale, a Tw'lek indoctrinated by the Empire after being rescued from the wreckage of a freighter.  She's a Spy-Slicer, and probably the best person around for taking care of computers and sneaking around (or shooting someone with a blaster pistol, in a pinch).
-------

I have other ideas but this is basically the first one to get past 'character concept' to 'name and backstory', so this is the one I'm leading with.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on December 02, 2017, 07:43:48 AM
So are we looking at Age of Rebellion or Edge of the Empire?

Age of Rebellion and Force and Destiny, if you can give me a reason that someone with no real allegiance to the Empire would be trusted to be part of a black ops team, we'll see.

Chiss is fine.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Captain Whitebread

Concept:  Speeder Bike scout corps sniper.

He's good enough that they pulled him out of the sniper scouts for additional training.

Looks like Explorer - Scout might the best way to go on this one.
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

Pumpkin Seeds

Torguta Quartermaster

A fast-talking woman that ensures the group has both the information and the supplies they need to do the job right.  She is also not above getting her hands dirty in a fight.

clonkertink

I was thinking a Zabrak Bounty Hunter:Operator, though if you'd rather I go Age of Rebellion I'll figure something out. Squadron Leader, perhaps? Or I could fluff his skillset as coming from specialized Imperial Training, rather than being a literal Bounty Hunter.

But I figure the Empire needs pilots who are good at pursuing and disabling fleeing vessels, since the Alliance rarely sticks around for a stand-up fight.

Guancyto

A rag-tag band of alien weirdos in Imperial Intelligence? Sounds lovely.

Still, it makes some sort of sense to have a dirty humie along. Since Force and Destiny is allowed, I'm thinking a novice inquisitor - either some sort of Seer (an Alan Parker-style analyst who mostly lets the others take care of the action), or a Warrior (whose job it is to be the legbreaker and resident scary person, but isn't that good at other things).

In either case the trouble that comes with being the only human/force sensitive will hopefully be mitigated by them spending most of their time in the back playing peanut gallery while stronger/sneakier (respectively) people carry the day.

Captain Whitebread

Quote from: Guancyto on December 02, 2017, 03:51:44 PM
A rag-tag band of alien weirdos in Imperial Intelligence? Sounds lovely.

Still, it makes some sort of sense to have a dirty humie along. Since Force and Destiny is allowed, I'm thinking a novice inquisitor - either some sort of Seer (an Alan Parker-style analyst who mostly lets the others take care of the action), or a Warrior (whose job it is to be the legbreaker and resident scary person, but isn't that good at other things).

In either case the trouble that comes with being the only human/force sensitive will hopefully be mitigated by them spending most of their time in the back playing peanut gallery while stronger/sneakier (respectively) people carry the day.

Bite your tongue.  You aren't the only representative of the galaxy's proper overseer species.  Why we need to work with all these non-humans is beyond me....

Pumpkin Seeds

Captain Whitebread

The Empire gets me my toys.  You just have the honour of delivery.

Guancyto

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on December 02, 2017, 04:19:00 PM
Bite your tongue.  You aren't the only representative of the galaxy's proper overseer species.  Why we need to work with all these non-humans is beyond me....

If you want to subject yourself to invasive surgery to pass as a twi'lek to impersonate a rebel supplier we've grabbed because mechanical prosthetic lekku will trip alarms, be my guest.

I'm especially looking forward to seeing you do that when we need to pull the same trick with a Mon Calamari.

Edit: ...

Ooh. I think I've got my angle.

Captain Whitebread

Unless you can conceal sniping rifle components in them, I'll pass.  As a wise admiral once said "We don't need that scum"

Hmmm... something tells me I'm playing a racist asshole.  I might need to change that.

Belisuavious

I'd either make a hired gun type ad a sort of deniable asset deal, or a medic of some sort to patch people up in order to fulfill the mission.

That or some sort of dark side acolyte, if a second one isn't too much.

Captain Whitebread

You mean the Emperor might put a double leash on this outfit?  No need to ask why....

... yeah, he's an asshole.  Career military.  Just a little too good with a rifle to be allowed to go to waste.

Now he shoots people and blames it on the rebels. 

And doesn't think to ask why......

Pumpkin Seeds

Somebody is getting their ammunition reduced for budgetary reasons.