A Fool's Errand

Started by Ringtail69, December 18, 2011, 10:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringtail69

I would like to play a fantasy adventure rp where the goal of this group of adventurers is to go after some goal that is deemed impossible or after an object of great power that is said not to exist. I have no ideas set in stone yet so if anyone is interested just post here and we can talk.

rachelongaku

That's very vague. But I guess I could possibly be interested. Perhaps a fantasy world facing a possible apocalypse and searching for an object that could save the world?
Haven't been here in years but I'm in need of a good distraction!

who149

You just described 50% of all stories pal XD

Any rate. heres an Idea

Kingdom A is in war with Kingdom B

For simplicties sake, and so we don't have to work with politics, Kingdom B is evil

You are a bunch of Rag Tag Group of Misfits from Kingdom A.

The item your looking for (The MacGuffin if you will) will tip the balance so that Kingdom A will win the war.

The MacGuffin is guarded deep in a mountain however, and you will certainly need a map.

Thats my basic idea anyway.
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

bubby

What who said darlin'. You'll need to be a bit more specific. And Who also has a good premise to begin with.

You need the good guys and the antagonists. You should have a guideline on what sort of characters you're looking for, as well as what sort of powers are allowed. If not you could set up for people being uber crazy and god-modey.

You should state whether you're looking for people willing to put effort into posts, or if it doesn't matter to you, as well as how often you'd like to see posting happen.

Pictures are good! Finding lovely pictures of far off fantasy lands are nice to see and tend to spark interest as well.

I apologize if I've over stepped with adding my two cents, just thought I'd try and help you along in your endeavor.

AndyZ

If I may offer my own suggestions:

I personally don't recommend having two groups.  It makes for easier conflict for a GM who's not used to such things, but having two groups as such can easily overwhelm a GM who has to deal with deciding who's going to win and who's going to lose.  Compare that to having the GM control all the antagonists, where conflict can be difficult but doesn't often come across having an immovable object and irresistible force.

A singular Macguffin, while instrumental in many movies, becomes a little more difficult in a group setting.  After all, everybody wants the Macguffin.  If the object desired is a +12 Hackmaster Broadsword and you have 10 players, you can expect 7 of the players to play swordmasters and to fight over who gets the weapon.

Hope some of that helps.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

who149

Eh most of what I said was babble from the top of my head.

I don't think he's coming back. Hm. Maybe I should run a RP or a D&D game. Of course, last time I did that it ended badly too all who were involved. I for some reason stopped coming on E, and never really got far in the it.

But I suppose that happens to everyone at some point. I could always give it a go, although I lack any descriptive skills required to run most games, as I can be a bit vague when it comes to describing an area.

Ons and offs!

Ringtail69

Quote from: bubby on December 19, 2011, 12:47:23 PM
What who said darlin'. You'll need to be a bit more specific. And Who also has a good premise to begin with.

You need the good guys and the antagonists. You should have a guideline on what sort of characters you're looking for, as well as what sort of powers are allowed. If not you could set up for people being uber crazy and god-modey.

You should state whether you're looking for people willing to put effort into posts, or if it doesn't matter to you, as well as how often you'd like to see posting happen.

Pictures are good! Finding lovely pictures of far off fantasy lands are nice to see and tend to spark interest as well.

I apologize if I've over stepped with adding my two cents, just thought I'd try and help you along in your endeavor.

No, thank you because you have a point there bubby. I am looking for a well balanced typical fantasy adventurer (for me I use dnd classes for ideas), and to me a well balanced group would have a healer, a spell caster, a rogue, a warrior and maybe a ranger of sorts oh and as for the power level of characters im thinking mid-level characters. At least two to four lines as a minimum for posts.

Quote from: who149 on December 19, 2011, 12:06:00 AM
You just described 50% of all stories pal XD

Any rate. heres an Idea

Kingdom A is in war with Kingdom B

For simplicties sake, and so we don't have to work with politics, Kingdom B is evil

You are a bunch of Rag Tag Group of Misfits from Kingdom A.

The item your looking for (The MacGuffin if you will) will tip the balance so that Kingdom A will win the war.

The MacGuffin is guarded deep in a mountain however, and you will certainly need a map.

Thats my basic idea anyway.

Quote from: rachelongaku on December 18, 2011, 10:19:33 PM
That's very vague. But I guess I could possibly be interested. Perhaps a fantasy world facing a possible apocalypse and searching for an object that could save the world?

I like both of rachel's and who's ideas so how about we combine them? there has been an escalating war between Kingdom A and Kingdom B and no matter which kingdom we come from the other would be the evil one since that is how generations would be taught during war. As for the apocalypse idea it could be simple since the war is getting so horrible that the higher ups in both kingdoms have hired groups of adventurers to search out some type of magical artifact that only their most powerful mages can use (that way the party members will not fight over the MacGuffin).

So how does that sound? I know I still need to hammer out the finer details, but that can be done before we start.

AndyZ

If you like, I can keep an eye on this game and add you on a messenger program so that you have someone you can poke with questions and such.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Muse

How are you wanting to do this game, Ringtail?  Will you use a system like D&D or Pathfinder? 

(Mutants and Masterminds is good for MacGuffins.) 

What kind of sexual content do you want? 

I could give some sugestions, but it would help to know those things. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Ringtail69

Well I would not mind it going something similar to a D&D setting but without the dice, sexual content level would there is some but the rp is not focused on it.

And I would not mind that Andy, thank you for the offer.

Chrystal

Always up for a good MacGuffin hunt....

Here's an idea, feel free to toss it around and kick it out the window, but it could liven things up...

I think the idea so far is workable, but if the King sent out a proclamation through the land for heroes (and heroines) to go in search of the legendary MacGuffin (I love that word!), then it would work for the party being a "rag tag group of misfits".

As for what the MacGuffin is, how about a dragon egg? An item of legend only, held in a magical stasis field and guarded by hordes of nasty creatures (possibly even mummy-dragon, although that is possibly pushing things... But I have an idea about that). When we start out, we don't even know if the egg is real or just a myth. But desperate times call for desperate measures.

The title "A Fool's Errand" suggests that not everyone who sets out will be coming back? (A high body count is a good way to deal with drop-outs!) Non-Player Characters (NPCs) are great for killing off in the early stages!

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

AndyZ

Quote from: Ringtail69 on December 31, 2011, 08:12:44 PM
Well I would not mind it going something similar to a D&D setting but without the dice, sexual content level would there is some but the rp is not focused on it.

And I would not mind that Andy, thank you for the offer.

Glad I can help ^_^  Want me to make a character also or just stay back so I can provide advice without worrying about spoiling anything?

Ringtail69

just a bump to bring this back to the top and to see if any of the old players that were interested are still interested or if new people would like to join

Chrystal

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

grovercjuk

I am interested if there is a slot?

who149

Ons and offs!

Apple of Eris

I just got here, but this sounds fairly interesting. If it ever picks up or whatever, I'd like to give it a go.
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Ringtail69

thanks for joining grover and apple and thank you chrystal and who for sticking around.

well we got some players now, does anyone care to post their character's description first?

Apple of Eris

Well, I don't want to go first with a character description, but I'm thinking some kind of archer/ranger type, female of course. Maybe an elf or half-elf if that's okay, as I'm somewhat elf-obsessed. I'll have something more substantial Friday.
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Ringtail69

that's fine with me, elves and rangers are always welcome. cant wait till Friday so i can see you fleshed out character.

Chrystal

Ring, you might want to consider creating a character sheet, but if you don't have the inspiration for that, you can borrow mine. I'll post the code after...

Player: Chrystal

Name: Niomah

Height: 5'7¼"
Build: Slender
Race: Human so far as anyone can tell.

Sexuality: Lesbian

Personality: Niomah is mostly quiet and reserved, she acts as though she carries a great weight or a dark secret. But once she gets to know her companions, she may come out of her shell a little and there is a possibility that she may even become the life of the party. Her trust is not easily earned, but once it is, she is completely loyal to those who have it. Betray her, though, and you had better do a thorough job for if she survives have an enemy you will most surely regret making!

History: Niomah is something of an enigma. She has turned up at the king's court totally at random, refused to give any details about herself, and simply declared that she will participate in the quest. When questioned about her talents and suitability, she raised a ring of fire around the throne, and when guards rushed to restrain her, knocked them flat with a wave of her hand. If anyone questions her about her past, she is mysterious and evasive and the most anyone is ever able to get out of her is "That shall be revealed if necessary at the appropriate time".

[float=right][img height=300 padding=10]Put the URL of your character's picture here.[/img][/float]
[b]Player:[/b] Your Login ID

[b]Name:[/b] The name of your character

[b]Gender:[/b] M/F
[b]Age:[/b] How old are they (or do they appear to be)
[b]Height:[/b] How tall are they?
[b]Build:[/b] What sort of size are they in relation to their height?
[b]Race:[/b] The usual fantasy races.

[b]Sexuality:[/b] Straight, gay or bi?

[b]Occupation:[/b] What is their role on the quest?

[b]Personality:[/b] What are they like as a person?

[b]History:[/b] Brief history of your character, where they grew up, what they did before coming on the quest, why they are on the quest...

Hope that works for people?

If you have trouble with the picture bit, PM me and I'll try and help.

Teridas

This could be interesting, I'd like to join if you don't mind.
I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.  I aim with my eye.

I do not shoot with my hand;  He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.  I shoot with my mind.

I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.  I kill with my heart.

Apple of Eris

Player: Apple

Name: Leithianen

Height: 5'3"
Build: Slim
Race: Elven

Sexuality: Bisexual

Personality:  Amongst her own people she is kind, generous, and friendly. She has something of a wry sense of humor when she displays that side of herself. Amongst humans though, she feels like a fish out of water. She doesn't fully understand human customs or expressions, having limited dealing with the shorter lived race. What few dealings she has had with humans were mostly limited to those of the other kingdom, who betrayed her people, leaving her with little trust of the race, but feeling she had few options but to help with the quest to protect her own people.

History: A scout of the Elven people, she has spent nearly her entire adult life protecting thr forests from their enemies. As war loomed between the two human kingdoms and the armies massed, her people sought assurance from both kingdoms they would respect the neutrality of the elven forests. She accompanied the delegation that was ambushed and slain almost entirely. Her bravery in battle left her wounded, but she managed to save a handful of her people from the humans. Betrayed, and the woods invaded by the humans, who sought to destroy or subjugate the elves, she has answered the call of the King, hoping the artifact they seek will save her people from the continued ravages of the war.

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Teridas

Player: Teridas

Name: Senrathis (Sen) Valore

Height: 6'3
Build: Toned
Race: Half-Elf

Sexuality: Straight

Personality: Sen is normally a comical character in most situations, although in dire moments is he truly serious. Calm, collective, and intelligent. Sen strives for perfection through his potions and enchantments and settles for nothing less. Enjoys a challenge and rarely declines, even if the odds are not in his favor. Although normally disgraced by both human and elves, Sen does what he can to fit in although he plays it off like he doesn't give a damn.

History: Sen's upbringing was nothing short of a challenge within itself. Being shunned out by both races he joined a band of minstrels and wandered the world, captivating audiences with his performances using various potions and magic. As time continued, Senrathis would eventually leave the minstrels in order to find his own calling. Thusly he has arrived at the King's court to find the object in hopes to lead him down his path.
I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.  I aim with my eye.

I do not shoot with my hand;  He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.  I shoot with my mind.

I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.  I kill with my heart.

who149

Player: Who149
Name: Angoth

Height: 6'o"
Build: Semi-Muscular
Race: Human

Sexuality: Bi-sexual

Personality: Straight to the point, and a bit sarcastic. While he is a sword for hire, he has his own morals.  He never accepts a job that's too shady, nor does he ever switch sides when given a job. When not working, he enjoys to spend his time in a tavern, with women, wine, and song.  Compared to most, he's not very bright, and he can be a bit blunt, but if there is one thing to be sure, he gets the job done.

History: He says that he was once a soldier, from where he won't tell you. He doesn't speak much of his distant past, but will gladly tell you everything of the last 5 years, the day he got into the mercenary business. His first job was just him and a bunch of other guys tracking down some thief who stole something from some rich bloke, at least that's what the job description said. Turns out the "thief" was actually some powerful arch-mage that ended up wiping out half his team.

The arch-mage got away, but he alone was able to acquire the artifact taken, and had gotten it to his client. He had hoped never to take a job that dangerous again, and for a while, that was true. However with the newest assignment he had been given, it looks like that hope had been smashed.

Ons and offs!

SeriousMoonlight

Player: SeriousMoonlight

Name: Rose "Skylark" Angmar

Height: 5'5"
Build: Athletic

Sexuality: Bisexual

Personality: Rose is boisterous and confident, occasionally bordering on cocky. She's always up for a good adventure and dives headfirst into any task she takes on. Due to her charismatic and charming nature, she finds it very easy to befriend people. As most thieves do, she has a mischievous streak and a knack for worming her way into (and out of) trouble. She's quick-witted and intelligent, and can be bitingly sarcastic to people she doesn't like. When she's on a job or fighting, she becomes quite focused and intense, fully immersing herself in the thrill and excitement. For someone whose job it is to hide and lie, she's very forthcoming and honest about her feelings and personality - with Rose, what you see is what you get (assuming you can see her at all).

History: Rose Angmar was born in the kingdom's capital and learned to fend for herself at an early age in the slums. She quickly learned that she loved the thrill of stealing, and was soon making quite a name for herself as "Skylark". Her confidence in herself was well-placed, and her abilities never failed her. She traveled all around the kingdom, taking relics and treasure for her own, breaking hearts, and telling stories. By the time she was 20, the exploits of master thief Skylark had been told all around the kingdom. Recently, she wanted to make her biggest heist yet - breaking into the King's treasury.

All was going well, when she slipped up and made a mistake for the first time in her thieving career. The layouts of the castle she'd gotten were faulty and hadn't shown accurate guard patrols - and she was caught. Instead of executing her, the King thought her particular talents could be useful, and sentenced her to go on an impossible quest from which he thought she likely would not return.
Hello, I'm Moon!
My preferred pronouns are they/them/their/theirs/themself! Thank you!
ONs and OFFs + Request Thread

Chrystal

Okay, so we have a cleric, a ranger, a wizard, a fighter, and a rogue.

Seems like a full compliment to me?

grovercjuk

Player: Grovercjuk

Name: Atmos

Height:   6 Foot
Build: Slim

Sexuality: Hetrosexual.

Personality:
                    Atmos is very easy going, likes to talk to people taking a genuine interest in them. However he does have a problem with people who think they are better then others. This tends to come out in sarcasm and he can be unwilling to back down. Those that abuse nature or the weak he responds to, causing them annoyance and problems however he can.

History:
                   Atmos left the circle to which he belonged by mutual consent following his actions in regard to woodcutters. The woodcutters where clearing the forest to which the Druid's objected. They took their case to the local lord and court but to no avail, mainly because the powerful where making good profits out of it as Atmos said.

The druid's continued actions where of a peaceful way to which Atmos strongly objected and when 'things' began to happen to the woodcutters, swarms of bees, water that gave them the runs etc., he was suspected. Following a meeting he was asked to leave, which he did. Ever since he has been wandering the land.

Appearance
On first sight Atmos appears completely average, not small nor tall at 5' 11" dressed in a simple brown robe. His leather armour bears the signs of a lot of travel, although it is well maintained Atmos is concerned about things that need doing. His belongings are slung over his shoulder again in a well-used sack that he has attached a rope to for easy carrying.
      From under his long unkempt brown hair his blue eyes twinkle and he has a ready smile for all he meets.  He ambles along rather than striding or walking with purpose although in a natural setting it may be noted by the acute of eye that he leaves little trace winding his way through the densest of undergrowth with ease.

who149

Alright, I think 6 is a pretty good number.

Do you have an idea for a story Ring?

Ons and offs!

Chrystal

Actually, I think we could probably do with a dwarf. Little guy or gal with a big axe!

grovercjuk

Chrystal's Dragon egg idea sounds good?

Chrystal

I think that's what we're using, but you might want to wait for Ring to confirm that... He did PM me about it just before reviving the thread.

Apple of Eris

Steal egg, make omelet, throw it at the bad guys, wait for angry mommy dragon to go eat them?

Looks like everyone's chomping at the bit to start. :)

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Chrystal

lol something like that, yeah! *giggles*

who149

Quote from: Apple of Eris on May 05, 2012, 05:00:41 PM
Steal egg, make omelet, throw it at the bad guys, wait for angry mommy dragon to go eat them?

Angoth: Hm, plan makes sense to me. Lets go!

Ons and offs!

SeriousMoonlight

Quote from: Apple of Eris on May 05, 2012, 05:00:41 PM

Well, I've got the stealing bit down, but I'm a terrible cook  ;D
Hello, I'm Moon!

Ringtail69

Quote from: Teridas on May 04, 2012, 02:21:24 PM
This could be interesting, I'd like to join if you don't mind.

sure if you want to still join teridas, just post if you are

as for everyone else sorry i haven't been on much the last few days, severe storms messing with my internet connection. but ya, i love how the group is looking but im open to others joining if they want to. as for how to start by answering a summons from across kingdom A (here named Kingdom Of Eleilian) and those that answered the summons are to meet in an inn called "The Swaggering King" in the capital city, Alluna and from there we are greeted with the details of our mission, told our rewards and then set off on our journey.

how does that sound to everyone?

Chrystal

grovercjuk

Yup lets roll with that. :)

Apple of Eris

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

who149

Alright, that'll work.

Ons and offs!

Ringtail69

ok i will start up the rp and then place a link here for everyone, im also going to toss in a character of my own

Player: Ringtail69

Name: Kristine "fireheart" Rackham

Height: 5' 7"
Build: athleticly toned
Race: human

Sexuality: bi curious

Personality: strong willed, has a few anger issues but she normally tries to keep them in check. due to her father's and her's reputation she is use to people letting her get her way.

History: she is the only child (acknowledged by her father) to the infamous pirate captain, captain firebeard. shew grew up around sailors all her life since her mother was a tavern wench in a port city frequented by pirates.  after some years of searching she found her father and forced him to accept her as his own blood. then for years she sailed under his flag she enjoyed the thrill of livign a pirates life but she began to want more so she began to head inland to spread her reputation and to test her skill.

Ringtail69

hey guys im having a bit of an issue on which group to put this in so whats yours guy's input?

Chrystal

Okay, your options are:

Light: Exotic Small Groups - This limits player interactions to consensual sex, minimal violence. I would place it in Exotic simply because it is a fantasy world and although all characters are human/elf at the moment, we may still end up with other characters or NPCs that aren't.

Bondage: Exotic Small Groups - I wouldn't use this one, because it's almost exclusively for bondage sex based RPs, where players consent to being tied up by other players....

NC: Exotic-Freeform Small Groups  - If you aren't planning on using a system, and you want to allow players to do things to each other's characters without the characters' consent, this is the place to put it. (NB: I always say that non-consent applies to the character and NOT to the player!) This forum allows you the maximum lee-way in terms of player interaction and is probably where I would consider putting the RP.

Extreme: Small Groups - Put the RP in here if you plan on allowing things like water sports, beastiality, incest, or graphic descriptions of violence.

In truth, it comes down to two: Light: Exotic Small Groups and NC: Exotic-freeform Small Groups.

The choice really is between the player characters getting raped or not, and the level of violence depicted. The lines are pretty blurred anyway.

Apple of Eris

My input is, wherever! I'm fine with anything that stays clear of my offs, other than that I couldn't care less with how light or heavy this gets. I just want to write something!

:D

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Ringtail69

who149

dang, bad day to not be on~ I'll post my first post tomorrow.

Ons and offs!

Ringtail69

its all right, i can wait

Chrystal

*Giggles*

It's funny what time-zones can do.

Quote from: who149 on May 08, 2012, 11:39:07 PM
dang, bad day to not be on~ I'll post my first post tomorrow.

According to what I see on my screen, Who, you posted that today, at 05:39:07. And you made your IC post at 14:46:04.

Yeah I realise that for you there was a night's sleep in between the two, I just find it entertaining that for me they are on the same day! I have a weird sense of humour.

Chrystal

All.

I'm sure we all realise we are waiting on one player.

Please be patient. He's had a tough week - I'm sure we all know how that feels, but has informed Ring and myself that he is still interested and will be posting over the weekend.

In the meantime, if someone wants to break the ice by starting a conversation, please feel free. Although Niomah is more than likely to answer in monosyllables if addressed - purely because that's her way.

Apple of Eris

No problem, I don't mind waiting, but I do appreciate the update. :)

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Chrystal

Oh and in case anyone is wondering, I have been asked to be assistant GM, and have accepted.

This means while Ring does the fun plot-based stuff and bounces ideas off me in PMs, I get to do all the boring admin stuff like PM-ing people to check they are still in and posting updates here to let people know what's happening.

Ringtail69

and i appreciate you all the more for doing such things chrystal, thank you a lot

Chrystal

Okay, here's an interesting thought...

Names convey power!

QuoteMy name is Rose Angmar, although I think I'm much better known as Skylark.
QuoteSenrathis Valore, at your service.

Compare with

Quotenames Atmos
QuoteLeithanien

Compare with:

Quoteyou can call me firehart
QuoteYou may call me Niomah. It is the name I am most often called

I think it is in the book (and possibly the film) Erragon where the quote is made: "To name a thing is to gain power over a thing". This is surprisingly true in reality.

If you are in a crowded room and you hear your name called, what do you do? You stop what you are doing and look to see who called you! That is the exercise of power over you by one who knows and uses your name.

If you give me your IM login name I can then use it to contact you when I want. If you give me your street address and telephone number I have even more power over you!

Where magic is concerned, to insert someone's true name in a spell is to ensure that spell is correctly targeted.

Our druid and magic user may feel they have nothing to fear from giving out their names. Hwever "Atmos" is most likely a nick-name or a first part of a longer name. The same probably applies to Leithanien. Elves rarely have a name consisting of a single word and their common name would be the part with the least power. As for Rose... I'm guessing that she's a cocky human who doesn't have much dealing with magic and actually wants her name spread about.

Rings character actually gives us a pseudonym and mine says it is the name she is most often called!

who149

Its seems like the days I can't get on for long periods of time, are the day most people post. Just a funny thought.

And interesting observation about names Chrystal.

Ons and offs!

Chrystal

It's something you find a lot of in fantasy. "To name a thing is to control a thing". These days, with billions of people on the planet, your full true name consists of a lot more than just a first and last name given you by your parents. That is the least significant part of your name. The part you tell everyone. To this we add your email address, your IM address. Your postal address, your lan d line and your mobile numbers. We can even add your social security number / national insurance number and your car's numberplate as these can be used to identify and contact you.

Controlling your movements can be as simple as getting you to turn around, or as complex as completely stealing your identity.

The latter is effectively what can happen in a magical story to the character who tells everyone his/her name!

Apple of Eris

Also keep in mind that the her true name might simply be unpronounceable in the human tongue :)

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Ringtail69

interesting thought there chrystal and that is why most of my characters have a nick name as it was like firehart. the whole name thing is a practice i believe in, even in the real world. i use different names around different people and each name means something different and thus i act different. with my high school name i normally act my perviest, if my middle name is used then i either get angry or i get cowardly depends on the situation, if my first and last name are used then i am respectable and so on and so forth.

but basicly its all about how much power over you that you give to other people, you give a little and you will get a little.

grovercjuk

Are we moving onto the ship or do people wish to do intermediate scenes?

SeriousMoonlight

Quote from: Chrystal on May 14, 2012, 04:55:30 AMAs for Rose... I'm guessing that she's a cocky human who doesn't have much dealing with magic and actually wants her name spread about.

Interesting (and accurate) observation! I think the most Rose knows about magic is probably "when I put on these special boots my footsteps don't make noise, neat!". She probably identifies more with the thief alias 'Skylark' than her real name, though.

Also, sorry for the silence while all that was going on in the thread - there was a family emergency and I had to leave town for a few days on short notice. I'm back now, though!
Hello, I'm Moon!

Chrystal

Quote from: grovercjuk on May 17, 2012, 03:17:01 PM
Are we moving onto the ship or do people wish to do intermediate scenes?

I'd be happy enough moving straight to the ship.

I do, however, think that our group should elect someone to lead them on this quest - unless the Captain is planning on coming too?

grovercjuk

Shall we decide the leader in OOC or play it out in the RP and let our characters decide?

Ringtail69

having some npc would probably be the smart thing to lead the group but picking the leader while role playing would be more fun.

Apple of Eris

Since when do adventurers ever do the smart thing?

But in play is best.

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Chrystal

*chuckles* Apple, I love the way your elf puts the guard captain in his place... "Put up or shut up!"

Niomah is going to second that.

Apple of Eris

Thank you, thank you. Sure easy for him to talk when he's staying behind!

You think we should make an OOC to get this out of the Wanted pages?

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

SeriousMoonlight

I think that's definitely a good idea, yes.

Also tossing in my vote for deciding a leader in-character. It'd be fun to play that out.
Hello, I'm Moon!

Chrystal

That's down to Ringtail... I haven't suggested it because we seemed to be okay discussing things in this thread.

HOWEVER: This is a PG15 area, and hence no adult discussions are allowed which is why most GMs will create an OOC thread in the same forum as the game.

By the way, Apple, I notice that Leithanien didn't take offence at being called "Old one". I had intended Niomah to say it either as a complement, or more likely as a simple statement of fact - Perhaps the Elvish word for themselves translates as "The Old Ones" or something like that? Certainly Tolkein uses the word "Eldar" to refer to the elves, collectively (including both Noldor and Sindar). </geek>

Apple of Eris

She wouldn't take offense to that, because in the way Niomah stated it, it comes across as respectful, and amongst elves I would assume their 'slang' for humans would come across as something like quick ones, for their short life spans. Of course since we don't have a canon to work from, I'm kind of making it all up as I go, and so what might be true to Lei may not be true in all elf kingdoms/nations/clans etc.

Elf-girl though, not as respectful. :)

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Chrystal

I'm glad you read it the way I wrote it. And no, "Elf-girl" is not respectful, when addressing someone at least twice your age!