Justice League Origins (Interest Check)

Started by MaiMizzu, January 02, 2014, 09:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

Who said I was going Canon on her outfit?

apygoos

so youre all aware, were going to possibly do something a little more unique when we get to character sheet phase. you iwll be able to use animated models for the character [so comic, animated series, etc.] but you would have a Voice Claim rather than a face claim. whos voice would you like to see play starfire? or aquagirl? I myself will likely be sticking with Kevin Connory for Batman...because he IS batman.
this is all a possibility, not confirmed as of yet.

Wajin

If you do the Voice Claim, I'll go with Tim Daly for Superman, it's the voice I recognize him by the most
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

mia h

If you are looking for voice actors http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/, although the search and filter leave a bit to be desired.
I think someone like Morena Baccarin would work for Starfire
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Wajin

If the GM(s) wouldn't mind, the Godfall uniform is amogst my favourites, and I think superman could use it just as well as his normal one
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

mia h

A potential voice actor of Aquagirl perhaps?  ;D
www.youtube.com/embed/dwEDgSECGiU?feature=player_detailpage

RubySlippers

apygoos

jsut to be clear
this game is not about sex.
the villains are not going to be out to capture the ladies and have their way with them, no.
The core of this RP at launch is the formation of what would come to be known as the Justice League.
adult content will of course likely occur, but, well i never thought that id get to say Starfire's outfit covers more than someone elses.
A hero dons a costume to be an Icon. Colors, emblems, patterns, all shape that image

this is sitll pretty damn sexy in my book. nice curve exposure, color scheme, theme, its iconic. given you dont need to use this, but this, which is default Aquagirl, is pretty legit

MaiMizzu

Plus.. well Batman is gonna be putting together a team. I'm sure something like how they hold themselves and dignity would factor into that. He's a businessman too, and public image goes a long way, right? That's why of all of the hundreds of pics of Wonder Woman i've got, i'm gonna use one that isn't considered traditionally sexy for her. It'll be more about who she really is.. an Amazon warrior who has been training for battle literally her whole life.
Just something to keep in mind.
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

RubySlippers

It was a joke costume, I favor more a wetsuit look.

Batman4560

I plan on making the flash a jokester like most versions.

mia h

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 06, 2014, 12:26:36 PM
It was a joke costume, I favor more a wetsuit look.

I'm guessin there's still not enough material there  ;D

apygoos

Quote from: mia h on January 06, 2014, 02:01:50 PM

I'm guessin there's still not enough material there  ;D
i really wish that chicks head didnt look like a dude.

Batman4560

Flash might run into a wall if someone wore that.

apygoos

he might, flash tends to be the biggest flirt among the men.

RubySlippers

Aquagirl plans to open the game going after illegal whaling and that means by any means necessary not harming the people on board, and if its on research they better have a big science presence on board or their ship is going to Davy Jones Locker unless they desist. She will tell the companies to stop first to be fair.

The big fishing ships wasting animals like cutting off the fins of sharks and tossing them into the sea to rot she has to stop that.

Screw it they are all going to feel her justice!

mia h

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 08, 2014, 10:33:29 AM
Aquagirl plans to open the game going after illegal whaling and that means by any means necessary not harming the people on board, and if its on research they better have a big science presence on board or their ship is going to Davy Jones Locker unless they desist. She will tell the companies to stop first to be fair.

The big fishing ships wasting animals like cutting off the fins of sharks and tossing them into the sea to rot she has to stop that.

Screw it they are all going to feel her justice!
I was thinking of a similar kind of thing for Starfire, but more anti-slavery than anti-whaling given Kory's background.
Great minds and all that..  ;D

Hmm a ship full of slave labourers, it'd be a contest to see who could sink it the fastest.

RubySlippers

Wait she won't kill people, she is a champion of Atlantis with a warriors code but sinking ships after marooning the crew is fine with her. A little fire and water action. And my character is not opposed to low level industry fishing is fine its wasting sea life and breaking the laws as surface people placed them is another matter. But people need to eat and all.

MaiMizzu

So here's our CS. Once we get a couple more players, we can actually get to playing. But first we need those players, and we need to figure out exactly how to start. but until then,we can work on this! Keep in mind your characters (for the most part) will be at the beginning of their career. And we don't need 10 paragraphs for the bio or powers or anything, but give us a good idea. For the character image, use pics if you want. Or you can do pics and descriptions if there's something about their looks or distinguishing features not shown on the pic.

[b]Player Name: [/b]

[b]Character Real Name: [/b]

[b]Codename: [/b]

[b]Known Aliases: [/b]

[b]Approximate Age: [/b]

[b]Height: [/b]

[b]Weight: [/b]

[b]Birthplace: [/b]

[b]Metahuman Powers: [/b]

[b]Abilities: [/b]

[b]Equipment: [/b]

[b]Brief Bio: [/b]

[b]Voice Claim: [/b]

[b]Image: [/b]

The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Batman4560

Should we post the character sheets here or somewhere else?

MaiMizzu

Post the completed sheets here. Maybe we can snag some more interests that way

Batman4560

Player Name:
Batman4560
Character Real Name:
Barry Allen

Codename:
The Flash

Known Aliases:
The Fastest man alive, The Scarlet Speedster.

Approximate Age:

Height:
6'

Weight:
195lbs

Birthplace:
Fallville, Iowa.

Metahuman Powers:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Speed Force Conduit-  The Speed Force is a vaguely defined extra-dimensional energy force from which most superspeed-powered heroes draw their powers. The Speed Force serves as the ultimate measure of velocity in the DC Universe. They are often referred to in terms of barriers: Sound barrier, Light barrier, Time Barrier, Dimensional Barrier, and finally the Speed Force Barrier. Barry Allen is the very source and creator of the Speed Force,and generates it with every step he takes. For this very reason, he is unaffected if any other speedster tries to steal or drain his speed. Barry Allen is one of the fastest of the Flashes, and is arguably one of, the fastest beings to have ever existed. He is currently fast enough to easily break all of the barriers and even enter the Speed Force itself, and is one of the few people to have ever escaped from it. He does not often go beyond Mach 10, as speeds above that level are catastrophic to the environment. He has outrun Death in the form of The Black Racer, and can most likely reach any speed he can imagine, and more.

Accelerated Healing - Speed Force conduits are not invulnerable nor durable enough to sustain damage however if they are harmed they will heal at high speeds. Any normal wear and tear damage to their bodies are almost instantly healed.

Decelerated Aging - Speed Force conduits have a slowed aging process. This power can be imparted on their most intimate loved ones by extended contact rather than distribution.

After Image- The Flash can move so fast that he can make after images of himself.

Increased Perceptions - Speed Force conduits traveling at the speed of sound may miss important events as they run by. The Speed Force grants them enhanced senses that allow them to see, hear, smell, touch and/or taste at an increased speed and understand it as it is processed.

Infinite Mass Punch - Speed Force conduits have an increased level of strength added to their bodies which they can impart in different ways. Certain speedsters can strength each and every move they make however this requires attention and stress for each movement and therefore is almost never used. In most cases conduits can focus the Speed Force's extra-dimensional energies into one massive punch; when used in practiced this punch pushed a metahuman from one continent to another.

Phasing - Speed Force conduits can vibrate their molecules so quickly that they can achieve intangibility for short bursts allowing them to phase through objects.

Self-Sustenance - Speed Force conduits travel at incredible speeds which cause their bodies to work overtime. In situations where their bodies may be too fast for them to breathe they may impart on the Speed Force for sustenance. However, this almost always results in the conduits having an increased metabolism at all times requiring them to constantly refill their energy supplies.

Supercharged Brain Activity - Sometimes neglected by Speedsters who only operate at superhuman speeds and never slow down enough to understand their full potential; Speedsters can access superhuman levels in their brains further than processing information. They can test theories, understand difficult equations and run trial and error in their brains at superhuman speeds. Different conduits access this activity in different ways.

Superhuman Endurance - Speed Force conduits have to access the Speed Force for a number of different tasks. Most Speedsters use their superhuman speed and react at superhuman speeds; therefore, they must run for extended periods or operate for a large amount of time. Their bodies can handle the stresses of superhuman racing without noticeable distress.

Superhuman Speed - Speed Force conduits have one main ability above all else. Conduits are connected to the barrier and accumulation of all Speed known in their universe. These characters immediately understand how to run at superhuman speeds and their bodies instinctively understand how to react at high-speed situations. Older speedsters have a reduced but maxed speed of 770mph which is just below sonic booms allowing them to react to situations without causing civilians undo stress. Speedsters in their prime can travel at much faster speeds such as the max level of recorded aided speed on Earth and even reach the speed of light with enough willpower. It is possible for conduits to travel much faster than the speed of light however such levels require an incredible amount of stress. Speedsters unaccustomed to their max level of speeds may detach themselves from the Speed Force or even become part of the Speed Force by accident.

Vortex Creations - Speed Force conduits that plant themselves on the ground and rotate their extremities can cause an incredible amount of wind to burst through their focused funnel. Most Speedsters use this ability automatically when they run reducing the air currents around their body to low enough levels to no longer inhibit their speed. Creatively, Speedsters can create tornadoes and gusts with their arms.

Abilities:

Super Speed Reading: He is capable of speed-reading at superhuman rates, accumalating mass amounts of knowledge in seconds. However, unlike his grandson, the knowledge does not stay in his memory very long, and disappears after a short time.

Forensic Pathology, Criminology, Chemistry.

Barry has shown that he is able to carry several people at a time when evacuating a dangerous area, whether feats like this are performed while running on adrenaline is not known. Barry possesses the strength level of a man his age, size, and weight who engages in intensive regular exercise, and can at least press lift his own body weight. However, his powers allow him to throw punches at speeds that, on impact, can have the same effect someone with superhuman strength can have.

Equipment:
Costume Ring

Brief Bio: (credit goes to DC Wiki)
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Barry Allen is The Flash, the fastest man alive. Using his super-speed powers, he taps into the Speed Force and becomes a costumed crime-fighter. His position is a legacy in the Flash Family, successor to the original Jay Garrick and predecessor to Wally West. He is a founding member of the Justice League of America.

Barry Allen and a twin brother were born two weeks late, to Henry and Nora Allen in the small midwestern town of Fallville, Iowa. The brother was pronounced stillborn by Dr. Gilmore. However, in actuality, he had been born healthy, but given to another family, the Thawnes, whose child had died during birth. The lateness of Barry's birth only foreshadowed his bad habit of always being late. Barry grew up reading the adventures of his favorite superhero, Jay Garrick, the original Flash, and acted many of his hero's adventures out with his friend and future actress, Daphne Dean.

When he was a child, his mother was killed and his father was convicted of the crime. The drive to prove his father was innocent gave Barry a strong belief in justice.

Barry loved chemistry from an early age, and that helped his skills as a farmer. He won first place in the Fallville County Fair Agricultural Competition, a prize which included a scholarship to Sun City University. He graduated in three years with a major in organic chemistry and a minor in criminology.

While a senior, Barry helped the authorities apprehend a bank robber, and he was offered a job as a police scientist for the Central City Police Department Scientific Detection Bureau. Eager to be in the sister city of his childhood hero's home, Keystone City, he accepted the offer.

After moving to Central City and getting an apartment with a laboratory in the back, Barry began dating Picture News reporter Iris West, whom he met while examining an apparent murder that she was reporting. She was charmed by his honesty and stability.

That night during an electrical storm, Barry returned to an experiment after a short break. All of a sudden, a bolt of lightning streaked through a window, shattered a chemical cabinet and covered Barry in the electrified chemicals. Dazed, he decided to return home in a taxi. However, the taxi started to pull away without noticing him. Barry sprinted after it, only to run straight past it as if it had been standing still. He decided to sit down and recollect his thoughts at a diner. A passing waitress accidentally spilled the items of her tray onto Barry, who amazingly caught them all in mid-air and returns them to the tray. The next day, Barry saved Iris from a stray bullet. There was no question about it: the freak accident had somehow given Barry superhuman speed!

Voice Claim:
Michael Rosenbaum

Image:

mia h

Player Name: mia h
Character Real Name: Koriand'r
Codename: Starfire
Known Aliases: Princess Koriand'r
Approximate Age: 23
Height: 6' 4"
Weight: 158lbs
Birthplace: Tamaran
Metahuman Powers:
Flight
Super strength
Invulnerability
Starbolts
Linguistic Assimilation
Energy Absorpstion
Abilities:
Pilot
Spaceship mechanics - basic
Firearms
Sword-womanship
Hand to Hand combat - advanced
Equipment:
Slightly used Citadelian shuttle craft
Brief Bio:
Princess Koriand'r of Tamaran like the rest of the Royal Family possessed the ability to store and use various forms of energy. Tamaran being a mostly peaceful world left it vulnerable to more predatory cultures such as the Citadel who were bought off by Komand'r, Koriand'r older sister and Queen of Tamaran, the price Tamaran slaves including Koriand'r.
During her years of captivity Koriand'r was experimented on by Citadel scientist trying to unlock the secrets of the Royal Families powers, although the experiments didn't yield the results the Citadel wanted they did significantly increase Koriand'r's powers. Powers that allowed Kori to finally make her escape from her tormentors. Unfortunately the shuttle craft Kori stole was damaged during the escape leaving her a limited of choice of habitable planets as possible destinations, Kori chose Earth as it was a relatively backwater planet a place where the Citadel was unlikely to have spies.
For the past year Kori has been living on a small Pacific island, slowly making repairs to the shuttle and while Kori has friendly relationship with the islanders she has only made infrequent trips into the wider world, usually motivated by news slave rings that Kori dismantles in pyrotechnic displays.
Voice Claim: Morena Baccarin
Image:

Carny

I'd be very interested in this. I'd like Green Lantern, with my preference being Hal Jordan or Jon Stewart.

If neither Green Lantern is available, then I could do Green Arrow.
Nothing to see here.
Move along.

apygoos

since Hal is the first GL, and the most known, we would rather Hal Jordan. Hal is open and available for play.