Not Another Typical Anime RP [OOC and Always Accepting]

Started by Dark Deception, July 26, 2010, 04:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Deception

The IC: Typical University IC

So, what brought about this idea is the fact that anime is a difficult subject to escape. In every RP, there will always be a neko, someone with a Japanese name, or someone with multi-colored hair and eyes that aren't caused by dye or contacts. When there is an anime RP, it is always fan-based on some mainstream show. So, I decided, why not just openly state that this idea will be anime-related. There will be those girls with large breasts, short skirts, multi-colored hair and eyes, bad-ass teenagers, tentacle monsters, school girls, etc. and of course, text-fighting. This RP will encompass all there is in those typical animes we have watched into one interesting/amusing parody.

Because this RP is a parody, the college which is the main setting of the RP, will be called Typical University. The uniforms of the girls will be a white blouse, black-short skirt, and black tie. The boys, black dress pants, dress shirt, and a red tie. The mascot is some fuzzy, adorable puffball creature that is supposedly a tiger, so yes, the TU Tigers.

I'm going to go ahead and give you a CS to fill out if you're interested, but realize there's more below it to give you an idea with how far you can go with this parody RP:

Name:
Age:(Because I kind of dislike there being 13-19 year old characters on an adult site, I'm going to raise the age to college level 18+)
Race: (Human, Neko, Futa, Vampire, Lycan, Alien, etc.)
Abilities: (Be sensible, God-moding is not permitted in this RP)
Hair color: (any)
Eye color: (any)
Height:
Weight:
Basic Appearance: (scars, complexion, tattoos, clothes, jewelry, hats, etc. This area you talk about your character in a nut shell. Every "physical" thing about him, her, or it. )
Love/Crush:( This can change, fluctuate through the Rp.)
Sexuality:
Personality: (also put any mental quirks or anything mental in here)
History: (optional; if you don't have one at the moment, then you can make one down the line)
Weapons: (if any)
Extra: (cars, pets, etc. Anything else)

This profile sheet is only a basic guide for how you can make your character. Almost any character you think of that is anime-related is allowed here, however, if I feel that it will be a problem, and if I get complaints about your character through the progress of this RP, then you will have to leave. Because we all should be mature and grown-up here, I expect everyone to be sensible when they make their characters.

Now, as for classes. Your classes can be anything general or sexual. This RP can go from normal anime to ecchi/hentai. You can make a character based off Sailor Moon where she can change into a heroine. This anime can be horror or futuristic. There will be random bad guys that appear and no, I'm not allowing people to play bad guys because then they'll take the RP into a direction that is unnecessary, but you can NPC villains. I discourage players Rping as professors, but if they want to, they can. I usually just fear players not receiving the peak of their RP experience. I also would like players to interact with other players more or get caught up in their crazy story lines.

Your characters don't have to live with family, they can live in their apartments, or live on campus in a dorm. Made it into a university. Ask me your questions, serve up your ideas, and if you're interested, then feel free to post your character here. Once we get some characters in here, we can plan how they'll interact before the IC kicks off, so that you already know who you can comfortably RP with. Also, just because I said this university, it doesn't mean you have to RP like its a university (on the social level). You can mix it up with high school social aspects as well such as bullying, popularity confrontations, etc. There can be lockers if you want. Get my drift? Just because I got rid of the high school doesn't mean its aspects can't be there.

Here are some basic rules:

1. Do not OOC in the IC. The OOC is for OOC. Do not post bubbles in the IC. If you're going to bed or going away for a long time, then post that in the OOC. That is what it is for.
2. Do not post pictures in the IC. You're a writer. You should be able to convey the image in your head decently. If not, then post the picture in the OOC or PM it to the person you want to see it.
3. No god-moding. I am giving you so much freedom in this RP but understand that there are other players in this RP, and that you must respect them. You should talk your actions out with those you are planning to have a conflict with. You should talk your actions out with those you are planning to have sexual play with. If you feel it might be offensive, then talk it out in PM. If someone PMs me a complaint, I'm going to PM you about it, and ask you to change your ways or ask you to leave.
4. One paragraph minimum. Now, I know I like to post maybe a page or more per post, but I also understand that not everyone is into that kind of writing. If you plan to RP here, then you must post at least a paragraph, which is five sentences. I know in some cases it is less, but for those only writing a paragraph, five sentences or more.

Those are the rules for now. If more need to be put up, then I'll put more. Let me know what you guys think.

A few "Typical Anime" personalities:

Female-

• Long legs and big boobs
  • Ditzy
  • Athletic
  • Innocent
  • Cute they're usually small girls.
  • Flirty
  • Ball-Bashing - the chicks always beating up guys and protecting the innocent girls from pervs.
  • Pure tom boy
  • Nerdy genius with crush on girls with big breast or cute, innocent girls with huge knockers

Male-

• Muscular
  • Bad boy type
  • Self-absorbed - usually a very popular pretty boy or handsome guy
  • Innocent
  • Shy around girls or fearful of girls
  • Ambitious (these ones are usually hyper, the "AAAL~LL RIII~GHT!" *fist pump* sort of guys)
  • Strong, cold, and distant
  • Spaz/Silly guy (the ones you see freaking out or doing crazy random shit or with the most exaggerated expressions)
  • Murderous/insane
  • Perverted
  • Pretty Boy - that all the girls squeal about

Updated the list. :D

Dormitory

Building Name: Surge

Room Pairings: Nancy (elfguy) and Syleria (pendarious) - 208
Tou Yaiba (The7thKeeper) and Tsuna Yamamoto (Kaiser Maverick) - 113
Shoal Larenthenial (Kineas) and Yuuki Taylor (Daril) - 213
Jack Swift (Xero) and Kuro Kage (Kurokage909) - 108
If you notice, the guys are on the first floor and the girls are on the second floor. I also put the players' rooms above and below each others. So don't make too much noise.

Apartment(s)

Sakura Mishida (Acid Lips)

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

Kaiser Maverick

Dark Deception

Not really. I'm sure people can recognize something overboard. I can't really think of anything except....the neko/dragon/angel/wolf/vampire. But that would be more like a Role Play parody than an anime one. ::) I'm looking back at the top post, so if anyone has taken the code already, I may add a bit more things to it or not. But yeah, just keep an eye on the top post. I'll let you know when I edit it or make changes.

DKDBSD

Have fun with this. ^_^ I'd join but I'm still doing something of the same sort on Gaia. It's my best rp ever and the longest running.

Scotty Rage

So it's basically "Not Another Teen Movie" but with anime?  I love it!

Dark Deception

No, not really. The RP won't be related to "Not Another Teen Movie." I just used "Not Another..." Because it means, "Oh god, not another one." This RP will go in the direction people want it to go. It's just very free (I didn't know Gaia was still famous for RP). It's not exactly a place to boast about o_o. I never RPed on there but I hear more complaints about the RP there than compliments.

pendarious

hehe this sounds fun and it's one of my favorite things......parody! those are fun as well to work with.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Dark Deception

A few "Typical Anime" personalities:

Female-

• Long legs and big boobs
  • Ditzy
  • Athletic
  • Innocent
  • Cute they're usually small girls.
  • Flirty
  • Ball-Bashing - the chicks always beating up guys and protecting the innocent girls from pervs.
  • Pure tom boy
  • Nerdy genius with crush on girls with big breast or cute, innocent girls with huge knockers

Male-

• Muscular
  • Bad boy type
  • Self-absorbed - usually a very popular pretty boy or handsome guy
  • Innocent
  • Shy around girls or fearful of girls
  • Ambitious (these ones are usually hyper, the "AAAL~LL RIII~GHT!" *fist pump* sort of guys)
  • Strong, cold, and distant
  • Spaz/Silly guy (the ones you see freaking out or doing crazy random shit or with the most exaggerated expressions)
  • Murderous/insane
  • Perverted
  • Pretty Boy - that all the girls squeal about

Updated the list. :D

Scotty Rage

Oh, I never thought it would be related.  Just the same general idea.  Spoofing anime by doing all the "typical" anime stereotypes.  ^_^

Dark Deception

Ah, then yes  ;D  Updated the top list adding the "typical anime personalities" to it and the CS. If it doesn't look different to you, then you may be all right. It was nothing major.

Kaiser Maverick

Dark Deception

Adam Beale

Height: 5’6”
Weight: 130lbs.
Race: Human
Hair color: Brun
Eye color: Brun
Complexion: Light Tan
Physique: Thin; lanky
Sexuality: Straight
Love/Crush: (anyone who wants to fill this spot PM me)
Abilities: None.

Personality: Adam is a very timid individual, who is often times afraid of offending others. His submissive mannerisms make him the prime target for the bullies at school. Lately, he has been suspecting that there might be something wrong with him. He believes he’s been abducted by an alien once, and it is the reason for his sudden boost in intelligence. He is shy around beautiful girls and tends to embarrass himself when he tries too hard not to seem like a dork. His hobbies however consist of being the best chess player there is and playing on the Internet all day.

History: Mr. Beale began his first day at Typical High as an exchange student. Nobody knows exactly from where, but ever since his arrival, he’s been top-notch in all his classes that he puts other hard-working dorks to shame. He is forever battling the Nerd Squad for the valedictorian chair upon his graduation, but his IQ has already gained him free scholarships to study law in Harvard or nuclear science at MIT. The mystery behind Adam’s vast intelligence is unknown and some claim that he doesn’t even study or use the textbooks provided for class.

Two normal outfits (besides his school uniform)
1.   His first normal outfit consists of a black ‘I used to care. Now I take pills for that.’ T-shirt that is X-L and could be worn as a dress on him if he wanted. He wears loose, blue jeans with this shirt and worn out Nikes.
2.   His second normal outfit—or what he considers to be normal—are beige khakis, a white, button-up, undershirt with a yellow, sleeveless sweater to go over it. He wears a bright, red tie beneath his sweater and carries his laptop bag everywhere he goes.
Weapons: None

Planet of Origin: Earth
Extra: He wears black-framed glasses.

Champion Prince Uva Zed Orium Yulis III

Height: 6’3”
Weight: Varies, but usually 215lbs.
Race: Parasitic Alien
Hair color: Argent-silver
Eye color: Varies, but normally honey
Complexion: Light Tan
Physique: Solid
Love/Crush: (anyone who wants to fill this spot PM me)
Abilities
•   Buff This is an ability that takes one turn to charge. Zed’s buff skill boosts his physical performance for three turns.
•   Infecting people parasitically, making Adam’s dick bigger [unintentionally].
•   The alien’s natural abilities exceed that of earthlings. When it comes to strength, speed, toughness, endurance, and agility, the alien’s abnormalities are obvious. Vegans are indestructible when it comes to normal weapons, toxins, or devices, such primitive technology does not compare to the revolutionary technology of Vega. Because gravity on Earth is lenient compared to Vega, Zed is known to defy gravity with his jumps.
•   Convert Vegans have a parasitic ability that allows them to absorb forms of energy [artificial and spiritual] through their hands to repair any damage done to their bodies or empower their being.
•   Champion Prince Vegans carry a true form, which is more like an awakening of the warrior spirit within them. In order for Zed to transform to his true form, he must charge for three turns or absorb three energy or magic attacks. The prince’s form is no different than what he already appears. Glowing runes cover his back, sides, neck, and cheeks, and his terrifying aura envelopes his body like a gust. In this form, he can pull energy from about the planet and use it at his destructive or restorative disposal.
Weakness: Magic, power attacks, and a good physical ass-kicking.
Personality: The prince is very arrogant and egotistical. He is a champion prince after all on an inferior planet. He is, however, running reconnaissance for his home world, learning about Earth and its inhabitants and sending the data back. He loves challenges, but he hides as a parasite in the abducted body of a human male named Adam. Recently, his residence in the boy has increased his mental capacities unintentionally. The prince though alien, is very attractive, and he knows it, making him an even bigger asshole, but besides his quirks, he can be a nice guy.

History: The prince is the heir to the throne of Yulis. Having grown tired of the royal life, he hijacked a ship and had hoped to escape the kingdom for awhile until his ship was attacked by the Ecchi clan, and was sent spiraling into another galaxy. Since his crash land on earth, he has been enjoying the simple life the planet has to offer, and even much so the food (the alien carries a huge appetite that often times gives Adam problems). His relationship with Adam is one-sided, he uses the dork to get around in secret but that’s as far as it goes. Every now and then, he gets attacked by the evil Ecchi clan that have followed him to Earth.

Two normal outfits
Whatever Adam is wearing.

Weapons: None, but if he had a weapon, it would be whatever Adam is carrying.

Planet of Orgin: Vega
Extra: Looks human.

NPC Villain: Ecchi Clan

Pic

These vile and hideous creatures are known as the Ecchi clan. They attack men and sometimes women by assaulting them with their bodies in numerous vulgar ways, usually ending up with them too hot and tired from the over-exertion. They always where those horribly, unsuitable clothes in public, and carry a second form that turns them into massive monsters of the tentacle race to entangle screaming school girls. The Ecchi clan have many abilities, but they are best to take down when they become exhausted.

Other Quirks: They have a bad habit of drawing perverts out of their closets. They can summon a horde of pervs to do their bidding.

Writersblockade

I'm totally interested. Let me cook something up...I can post a character by later today.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Dark Deception

Cool. Yeah we're still open and accepting.

elfguy

Name: Nancy

Abilities: High strength and agility, very skilled with her Katana. Through her training, her mind has become one with her blade, allowing her the power to always bring her blade back to her hand should she wish it, and she can block bullets or energy attacks with her blade like a shield.

Basic Appearance:

Love/Crush: Single for now

Sexuality: Bi

Personality: Nancy is obsessed with personal power. She wants to be top in her class, the most strong and powerful girl in school. She is ruthless and has a dominant personality. This also is a weakness, as she gets angry easily and can be manipulated by smart people. She wants to become a ninja, although in a modern world like ours that isn't very viable, at least not to bring in income.

History: Nancy was brought up in a fairly poor family. She spent most of her time in the street, until she met with a powerful master who decided to teach her how to use a blade. He was very old however and soon died, leaving her to go back to her parents, after which she was forced to go to a more traditional school. She much preferred her one on one teaching, and adapts badly at this new school.

Weapons: Katana blade that she keeps on her back. Her long dark hair hides it pretty well, which means it's not visible unless someone is really near her or looking carefully.

----

pendarious

Name:Syleria Elisantis
Race:Human/Mage Knight
Abilities: Sword mastery, Embuing her sword with reinforcement magic EG: Flaming blade,Lightening blade, Ice blade, Hardening of steel, temporary flight/levitation
Hair color: Purplish pink
Eye color: Blue
Height:5'7 (in feet and inches....)
Weight:Without armor 120 with armor: about 360
Basic Appearance:

Sexuality:Bi-sexual
Personality: She is serious about her studies and when left to herself is very stern and serious. however when with friends she is the calm collected member though she is more relaxed and willing to laugh. If not with friends she is stoic and has this aura of authority. she has no real interest in being the best she merely seeks to graduate and be on her way in life.
History:In the Works
Weapons: A steampunk sword that loads shotgun shell type cratridges to boost it's strength. it also becomes a serpent blade (whip like sword), and when the hilt is inserted into the sheath it can then be magically converted to a bow (how cool is that?)
Extra: she has a cellphone, I-pod,Laptop computer, and she stays in the dorms on campus

i went with the coolist pic i could find...so yeah i hope this is ok.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Kaiser Maverick

Name:Tsuna Yamamoto
Race:Human/Eleental User
Abilities: Wind manipulation and all that goes with it. Also some swordsmanship skill. Firearm efficency
Hair color: White/Silver
Eye color: Turquoise
Height:6'0
Weight:170
Basic Appearance:

Love/Crush:Whoever wants to fill this spot.
Sexuality:Straight
Personality: Energetic, hyper and often crazy. He is a guy whose not afraid to jump in face first. He's extremely loyal and will never go back on a promise.
History:Well be revealed when ready.
Weapons:a double edged sword. Square and flat, strrong enough to slice through most objects.
Extra: Iphone,Laptop, Platnium watch

Dark Deception

Because this RP can be an unending universe of storyline opportunities because it is whatever you make of it, if you guys would like for me to start up the IC let me know. New people are free to post up a CS and join as they arrive. I have no idea where to put the IC because they can't just have a normal "Exotic" Small groups thread. Someone give me ideas because I just don't know lol. Because this RP is broad, we could probably put it everywhere but dice-obilgated or system-obligated.

DKDBSD

Quote from: Dark Deception on July 26, 2010, 04:42:09 PM
No, not really. The RP won't be related to "Not Another Teen Movie." I just used "Not Another..." Because it means, "Oh god, not another one." This RP will go in the direction people want it to go. It's just very free (I didn't know Gaia was still famous for RP). It's not exactly a place to boast about o_o. I never RPed on there but I hear more complaints about the RP there than compliments.

That's true but you get a lot of complainers and there are some things I can't do there that I want to here and vice versa. You know you've inspired me XD thanks dude and again good luck.

Xero

Name: Jack Swift
Abilities: He has the uncanny ability to harness his crude and sarcastic nature to make even the fiercest of bullies, smartest of nerds, and classy of women feel weak, dumb, or cheap. Plus, he's kinda funny, which is always a plus.
Hair color: Short and blonde
Eye color: Green
Height: 6'
Weight:  170 pounds
Basic Appearance: Jack is what many would consider to be an average looking guy. His hair isn't crazy long or funky  colored. He isn't super buff or wafer thin. He doesn't wear any kind of make up or have any unsightly scars adorning his body. He does, however have a tattoo on the back of his neck, three simple letters "WTF". It's there because, more often then not that is what is going through the back of his mind when listening to the plethora of people he finds to be unintelligent, or just plain annoying.

When in his school uniform he is constantly being scolded by school officials for it's appearance. The tie is always loose around his neck, the shirt is always un-tucked and his pants and shirt are always wrinkled and disheveled. 

While outside of school his attire varies depending on his mood, but is usually some sort of variation of a t-shirt or long sleeved shirt (usually with some witty writing on it) jeans or shorts, and occasionally a leather jacket.
Love/Crush: Despite his attitude towards most people, especially when it comes to matters of the heart, Jack is head over heels in love with the most beautiful woman at the school (this might be an NPC or another player character at some point, I Kinda wanna leave that open for now). Of course, no one, including his lady love knows how he feels.
Personality: As stated before Jack is a pretty well adjusted guy. He is just kind of an outsider, using sarcasm and humor to portray himself. Those who become friends with him usually are spared from his quips, and those who get on his bad side tend to get more than their fair share. He is also extraordinarily shy around girls that he likes at all (whether as friends or romantically) which is why A) his love has no idea about him, and B) he is mostly devoid of female friends.
History: This is always best evolved upon during the roleplay I find.
Weapons: None that he carries about with him.
Extra: He owns an old beater of a car, an out of date cell phone, a kinda dumpy apartment just off campus...but some pretty killer video gaming equipment.

Dark Deception

Okay since nobody posted anything useful that could help me start the IC somewhere, I'm just going to start it in one of the exotic sections.

pendarious

Dark Deception

All right. A link to the IC is at the top of the page. Everyone enjoy!

pendarious

Dark Deception

Oh yes, everyone, let me know if you're staying in an apartment or a dormitory because then I can assign you room numbers and apartment numbers, and I can also pair you with someone who is dorming or staying in an apartment. So yeah, let me know. I may also go "thread crazy" and create a separate thread for the dormitory and apartments, but I felt that was kind of ridiculous. I didn't think there is much to do in another's dorm besides...ya know *waggles brows*