The Halloween Ball

Started by Aiden, October 12, 2008, 09:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

I love Halloween, wondering if anyone would want to join a totally free form group game (Don't need char sheets/bios...since they won't really matter)

Might work on it after the 15th (after my article is done for the paper)

Basically I'll pick a scary looking house (from the outside) multiple threads for different rooms, anyone who wants to come is invited with the only rule they have to be in costume.

I could give it a story, maybe a "game" of clue...if more people want to get involved (and be regular posts, show more interests), and it would run from the 15 till the 1st of November.

This spark anyone's interest? If enough people are interested I can give it a deeper story, but for now I would like if nobody knew one another when they come in and they would have to socialize depending on the room and the outfit they were (Would like details on outfits/costumes)

Randilin

---------------
Randilin
O/o - Randilin the director's cut

Beatrice Black

That could be tempting. (But who or what to play...)
ON and OFF - RP requests UPDATED JANUARY 2024 and also for chat

A blog, of sorts! - Icon from Morgana. I want to be her when I grow up.

And while you're clicking links, visit GreaterGood and donate to charity for free. :)

Athem

Belladonna1

I'd love to join!

*still waiting to be Approved though... ???*
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.   On's & Off's are up!

magnamos

Count me in. Have no idea for a costume yet but there will be!

Aiden

Quote from: Bella on October 13, 2008, 01:06:31 AM
I'd love to join!

*still waiting to be Approved though... ???*

Well hopefully you are approved and this can be one of your first games...

Looks like we have the interest...I will do a bit more work on this in the next few days.

Vella

Sounds like fun,  count me in!
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

On's and off's
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19527.msg758142#msg758142

RH O/Os  http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Rhiver

Xanaphia

This could interest me as well... Maybe flesh out more of a plot then I would be in.. :]

Greenthorn

I might be interested also! ;D

Transgirlenstein

Halloween being one of my favorite holidays, I would love to do this :)
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Lilias

I'd love to give this a spin too.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Transgirlenstein

Quick idea for a possible plot line...feel free to throw it out if you don't like it.  Maybe something where at mdinight, everyone becomes their costumes?
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Starchaser

Here's another idea.

Lets say there are two opposing supernatural forces in the house, both with opposite adgenda's (This doesn't necessarily mean good vs evil, just two opposing goals).

Some of the guests aren't human and are in on the gig. The rest are human "puppets" unaware of what is about to transpire.

Each side will use their "agents" to "recruit" huan guests to their cause and either persuade or manipulate them into achieving the goals set for each side. The guests may either be let in on what is happening or be uknowingly manipulated.

Inkidu

Or better yet why not just all humans dressing up in costumes partaking in booze and sex?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Randilin

I love the turn in to a costume idea.  that would be very interesting.

Aiden if you need help with this I'd be willing.  It would be a nice way to get in to running a first game

---------------
Randilin

Aiden

Quote from: Randilin on October 14, 2008, 09:16:26 PM
I love the turn in to a costume idea.  that would be very interesting.

Aiden if you need help with this I'd be willing.  It would be a nice way to get in to running a first game

Yea shoot me some ideas or discuss them here like you guys are...The game would need to get started soon since it would only last like 2-3 weeks...(Can't have a Halloween ball during thanksgiving...or can we?)

I was playing with maybe they find out they turn into their costumes if they do not find a way to break (insert random spell) or discover (random person).

Randilin

Just wondering if anything was going to come of this idea?
---------------
Randilin

Kali

I've got my costume ready Aiden...No one shall guess my true identity.. *chuckles*  Let me know when it starts.
Ons/Offs

I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

Aiden

Quote from: Randilin on October 17, 2008, 12:00:27 PM
Just wondering if anything was going to come of this idea?

Yea plan on working on it this weekend, starting maybe Sunday
(Keeping in mind the ideas that people have suggested/sent me)

Lilias

Do you want us to send pics of our costumes or describe them in advance, so you can create plot hooks, or do you plan to wing it once we get rolling?
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Caeli

Oooh.. I'm so jealous! I would love to join, if I didn't have more midterms coming up in the next couple weeks. xP
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Aiden

Quote from: Lilias on October 17, 2008, 01:32:40 PM
Do you want us to send pics of our costumes or describe them in advance, so you can create plot hooks, or do you plan to wing it once we get rolling?

I'm actually going to use a plot hook sent to me by....*scans Pm*....I don't have it right now...but I'll give credit to it soon. So no need to send me descriptions...but keep this in mind.
Use it or lose it..

Doomsday

Huh. I thought I had already posted in here, but expressing interest.

Caity

I might be interested.  Has it started yet?