Young Justice: Ascendance - Closed

Started by Cold Heritage, August 14, 2019, 11:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norsegod1839

Cold Heritage

Fair enough on all points. Sorry if I came off like an ogre - didn't mean anything untoward.

I think it might be for the better if you could kindly omit mention of the Titans. I would appreciate that amendment. Thank you. After you have that done, please consider Richard accepted.

General note to everyone:

Going to give a few more days for people to make sheets, express interest, and so on, and hopefully start things out mid-week to next weekend.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Cold Heritage on August 17, 2019, 05:10:47 PM
Fair enough on all points. Sorry if I came off like an ogre - didn't mean anything untoward.

I think it might be for the better if you could kindly omit mention of the Titans. I would appreciate that amendment. Thank you. After you have that done, please consider Richard accepted.

General note to everyone:

Going to give a few more days for people to make sheets, express interest, and so on, and hopefully start things out mid-week to next weekend.

Nah man not an ogre at all! Like I said I expected I woul have to change somethings (I believe that sheet was used for a ten years later titan story) thanks for helping me get it done if anything!

Vlexia

Quote from: Cold Heritage on August 17, 2019, 03:11:41 PM
@Vlexia: I don't see anything that I consider to require changing. Consider Huntress accepted. I'll mark down Vixen as reserved in case you decide to go through with her.

No, no! Don’t reserve her for me, I don’t want to take her away in case we get a new player. I’m just.....tempted.

If in a few days nothing happens, I’ll do it. I don’t want to take an opportunity away from a new player in your game though.

With that said, could we open the floor for possible connections with our characters?

If you cannot honor a No, then you certainly could never honor a Yes.

Cold Heritage

Quote from: Vlexia on August 17, 2019, 05:43:22 PM
With that said, could we open the floor for possible connections with our characters?

Consider the floor opened.

Norsegod1839

Please feel free to message me for those looking for possible connections with Dick Grayson!

Bowen

I'm just going to say that Brion and Ronny go to the same university and are friends.

That said, both their social circles have sort of expanded. Ronny will go to galas and formal balls, Brion attends a lot more sports events and night clubs.

Both are open minded, social and outgoing so totally happy to make friends/have some interconnected backstories.

Easy possibilities: Brion and Dick/Brion and Helena since they are Bat family and would have had plenty of time to meet, train and hang out.

Vlexia

Quote from: Bowen on August 17, 2019, 06:04:24 PM
Easy possibilities: Brion and Dick/Brion and Helena since they are Bat family and would have had plenty of time to meet, train and hang out.

Yeah yeah, she totally kicking their asses in spar matches....oh yeah..... 😜

I’m going to try to play Huntress’ development a little.....darker? Than in the comics. From the basic amount of stuff I’ve read I feel like her background and experiences open up for a woman a little more Catwoman/The Punisher-y than anything else

Norsegod1839

Thinkkkk I am going ot throw together a... rather unique take on Raven to.

I just don't want to grab her if someone really wants to use her (cause my version of her is going to be quite different than the norm)

So I think I'll create her send her to you Cold Heritage and then just hold her back just in case someone steps up and decides they want to play her.

BlackStone

Withdrawing my interest, so please put Superboy available.

Bowen

Quote from: Vlexia on August 17, 2019, 06:07:23 PM
Yeah yeah, she totally kicking their asses in spar matches....oh yeah..... 😜

I’m going to try to play Huntress’ development a little.....darker? Than in the comics. From the basic amount of stuff I’ve read I feel like her background and experiences open up for a woman a little more Catwoman/The Punisher-y than anything else

It's so on! She may hit him like a hundred times but he's invulnerable. And eventually he's going to get better

Vlexia

Quote from: Bowen on August 17, 2019, 10:49:27 PM
It's so on! She may hit him like a hundred times but he's invulnerable. And eventually he's going to get better

I’d be very down to do a sparring match. I mean, my woman is human....but it would still be good fun lol

Bowen

Quote from: Vlexia on August 17, 2019, 10:51:05 PM
I’d be very down to do a sparring match. I mean, my woman is human....but it would still be good fun lol

Brion is all modern day knight, he'd never use his powers or extra strength

He'd get nailed like a hundred times, it would be fun to go through.

Vlexia

Quote from: Bowen on August 17, 2019, 10:52:47 PM
Brion is all modern day knight, he'd never use his powers or extra strength

He'd get nailed like a hundred times, it would be fun to go through.

Plus she would sprinkle in a little verbal abuse so.....it’ll be perfect XD

Crensler

Has anyone expressed interest in playing Raven?  If not, I'd like to plant that particular flag ^^

Cold Heritage

Norsegod1839 had expressed a tentative interest, but I think the claim was contingent on no one else expressing an interest in Raven.

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on August 17, 2019, 06:16:37 PM
Thinkkkk I am going ot throw together a... rather unique take on Raven to.

I just don't want to grab her if someone really wants to use her (cause my version of her is going to be quite different than the norm)

So I think I'll create her send her to you Cold Heritage and then just hold her back just in case someone steps up and decides they want to play her.

I suspect that Norsegod1839 would be amenable to yielding, but I do not want to speak for him. What say you, Norsegod1839? May Crensler take on Raven?

Norsegod1839

Absolutely! It was a very very tentative interest to begin with! By all means my friend!

Crensler

Okie dokie, I'll likely start working on her later today ^^

Juggtacular

Since Shazam(or a similar type) is reserved, but I see Superboy is available, could I try my take on him?

Vlexia

Quote from: Juggtacular on August 18, 2019, 08:18:02 AM
Since Shazam(or a similar type) is reserved, but I see Superboy is available, could I try my take on him?

......yes please?

Juggtacular

TheBlackThrone

I guess the other game died and this is the spiritual successor? XD

Face Claim: Stephen James

Name: Zachary Zatara
Codename/Nomme de Guerre: Presto
Nicknames: Zach; Zat; Zatara
Species: Human Magi
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 155 lbs.
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Sexuality: Bisexual; although, would not confess to his attraction to the same sex.

Written Description: Zachary resembles a delinquent; a rebellious teen with the multitude of tattoos that adorn his flesh. However, he has been known to dress somewhat classy in somber colors. He will wear buttoned and collared shirts, loose fitting jeans, watches, belts, hoodies and jackets. He likes to have multiple pockets to carry objects such as playing cards. His hair will sometimes be combed to the side with gel, or unkempt and loose, having been styled with his fingers. Studs line the inner shell of his ears and hoops in the lobes.

Zachary is not at all modest about his powers. He knows he is powerful and believes he has no reason to try and hide that evident fact from people. This has made him seem arrogant and full of himself to others. He can be aggressive and difficult to get along with, making him a nightmare on a team. If Zach doesn’t agree with a plan, then he simply won’t follow it. It is not that he needs the team. It is the team needs him; and therefore, his participation can be dodgy. One day, he will be seen aiding the team in a mission, and then another day, he will have mysteriously disappeared and told no one where he has gone off to. He has once disappeared across the planet to Japan. Zach does what he wants, and he’ll be less rebellious if people accept him for who he is. He is very open about his opinion and unafraid to say it like it is.

The magician is a trickster and a thief at times. He is a master of the Slight of Hand and can take things from people without them noticing. He has mastered this so well that he can do so without using his powers. He can perform several of his illusions techniques without his powers, and instead, fools the eyes and the brain. While Zach can seem rough around the edges, he can be softened up. It takes time for him to build trust with someone, and once this trust has been established, then he can be a very powerful ally. Currently, his trust bubble exists with his acquaintances in the Coven of Three: Traci Thirteen (Traci 13) and Lori Zechlin (Black Alice).

Ons/Offs: O/O

• Voice Casting: Zachary can use magic to a variety of effects by speaking a backwards incantation like his cousin, Zatanna.
    • Field of Influence: His field of influence is believed to be greater than Zatanna’s, however, only when dealing with inanimate objects.
    • Summon Object: Zach can summon inanimate objects into existence.
    • Transmutation: He can transform, alter or transmute matter, energy, elements, and objects into anything else, either completely, partially, permanently or temporarily.
    • Illusionary Magic: Zach can perform the most common tricks or the most powerful illusionary spells. He can perform vanishing acts, pull dozens of scarfs out of his mouth, or even create conjuring spells from various bizarre spells.
    • Levitation: By manipulating the clothes on his body, Zach can levitate in the air and defy gravity performing stunts such as walking upside down or on vertical planes.
    • Blasts: Zach can transmogrify objects into magical blasts of energy.

• Absolute dick.

• Illusionist:  Zach is an expert at fooling the mind.
  • Master of Slight of Hand: Zach can use Slight of Hand to steal or manipulate things without someone knowing.
  • Occultism: He has knowledge in the occult.
  • Successful Gambler: He takes more pride in winning with natural luck and skill. Having spent his life with cards, he is a counter.

• Random objects like playing cards, paper clips, etc. Other miscellaneous things you'd find typically in someone's pocket.

• Removing/preventing Zach from using his voice will prevent him from using his power.
  • Zach's power is diminished against complex living organisms.
  • He's only human just a powerful one.

Pending...

I'm not expecting anything fancy at this time. He will eventually learn to work with others and to drop his insufferable ego. There is a chance I will add some more here as the story brings about plot bunnies.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Vlexia

Cold Heritage

@Juggtacular: I've got no problem with that. I've marked Superboy taken.

@TheBlackThrone: Maybe? I wanted to do my own thing. At any rate, Zachary looks good to go.

Crensler

Name: Raven

Species: Half human, half interdimensional demon

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual

Appearance

History: Raven was born to Angela Roth, a young woman with a troubled past that fell in with a dangerous cult that ended up summoning the interdimensional demon, Trigon.  The creature took Angela as his bride, and when she was with child he left her to be found by the people of Azarath, counting on their pacifistic nature in order to keep the woman and her unborn child safe.  Angela took the Azarathian name of Arella, and the day Raven was born the sky darkened, the ground quaked, and the air grew cold.

Sensing the potential danger of this halfbreed child, the sage Azar instructed her to be separated from her mother and raised in the ancient traditions of their ancestors in order to keep her emotions in check.  Raven could not be allowed to form any bonds, not even with her own mother, as such a powerful emotional attachment could spell disaster for all involved.  So Raven was raised by the sages of Azarath to control her every thought and emotion to such a high degree that she comes across as possessing almost no emotions at all.  That is until she learned the truth of her parentage.

Not everyone was okay with taking in the spawn of Trigon, some even to the point where they contemplated breaking the sacred Azarathian taboo of taking a human life.  Of course they reasoned the girl wasn’t entirely human, so a handful of these “concerned citizens” kidnapped her and sought to throw her into the Great Door, a gateway to the outer planes, thereby ridding themselves of the threat she posed forever.  The Door opened… and Trigon was waiting.  He incinerated the fools that dared to threaten the life of his daughter with a single blast of destructive golden energy from his eyes, leaving his child unharmed.  So Raven learned of her parentage and the destiny that Trigon had in store for her.  This obviously left her feeling deeply disturbed, but Azar did her best to reassure the girl that she was more than her heritage.  As one might imagine, Raven wasn’t exactly convinced.`

Raven decided that she needed to leave Azarath to spare it the fate Trigon had in store for it, so she gradually studied up on interdimensional travel in preparation for the day she would leave her home behind.  Azar was no fool, however, and approached Raven during one of these study sessions.  While she didn’t approve, the old sage understood, and gave her student two gifts for her protection and edification.  The Rings of Azar, potent protective and magical receptacles, and the Tome of High Mysticism to continue her education.  She bid her go to Earth, the place of her mother’s birth, for while humans are capable of great evil, they also have a great gift for doing good, and it was possible she would find allies there.  Allowing herself the brief weakness of a hug, Raven embraced the sage before opening a portal to Earth and stepping through, not certain what she would find on the other side.

Personality: Due to her training and upbringing, Raven can come across as cold, detached, and even lacking emotion at times, but this isn’t even remotely the case.  It’s impossible for an empath to feel nothing, as they are constantly inundated by emotions, but she has them under tight control in order to keep reign over her powers.  Under the cold facade is a compassionate woman that feels for those around her, but she doesn’t dare express any of it for fear of hurting them.  What emotion she does allow to slip out of her iron grip is barely noticeable.  A smile here, a dry quip there, nothing too obvious, but she does show this hidden side to people from time to time.

Powers: Telekinesis - Raven has the ability to freely manipulate people and objects using a projection of energy that is a subset of the magic taught to her by Azar, the spiritual leader of Azarath.  While the upper limits have yet to be tested, Raven is quite capable of lifting, and even hurling through the air, objects dozens of times her own weight.

Kinetic Blasts - Another way to use the magic taught to her by Azar, though the sage did not teach this to Raven herself.  The young woman instead discovered it on her own through experimentation.  All it requires is to form a ball of the magical energy in her hand and project it at a target.  She has had to practice this on her own, as the peace loving Azarathians would never approve, but she has become quite proficient regardless.  She once shattered a marble pillar using this ability, though it hadn’t been on purpose, or so she told those that came to investigate later.

Magical Constructs - Raven is able to create various constructs with her magic, including, but not limited to: platforms, ravens, talons, walls, and mobile shields, usually possessing a convex shape.  These constructs are always temporary and subject to her will, meaning if she were to be knocked out, for example, the constructs would vanish.

Levitation - The same energy that Raven uses to manipulate other things can be channeled to allow her to fly through levitation, and she can reach speeds upwards of Mach 3, if she pushes it.

Teleportation - Since the people of Azarath are masters of interdimensional travel, it should be no surprise that Raven has learned how to cross the threshold of the dimensions herself.  This allows her to open holes in the fabric of reality to cross vast distances, so long as she knows exactly where she is going.  Otherwise opening a random hole in the world might be a little dangerous, to say the least.

Astral Projection - Azar taught Raven how to project her inner self, her Soul Self, outside of her body, giving her the ability to transcend the flesh and travel the dimensions in ways that mortals otherwise cannot dream of.  This Soul Self can act upon both incorporeal and corporeal beings, transport herself and others long distances, phase through matter, enter the dreams of others, possess a willing host and experience what they experience, act as a more powerful shield than what Raven can normally project, or even go on the attack in various ways.

Empathic Abilities - Raven can sense and manipulate the powers of others to glean an idea of their thoughts, control her own emotions, and even heal people by taking their pain into herself.

Demonic Powers - Due to her half demon nature, Raven has access to powers independent of the magic taught to her by Azar.  She would never willingly use them, of course, but if she were ever to be pushed to the brink, her life threatened and her magic unable to save her, she might just instinctively tap into them.  When her demonic side manifests, Raven gains an extra pair of eyes, and all four glow with a sinister crimson light.  Her powers can take any number of forms, from dark energy that crushes and tears any caught in its grip, shadowy tendrils that emerge from the darkness of Raven’s cloak that can drag victims into its folds and do… something to them that is better left unexplained, to the summoning of lesser demonic entities to assail her foes.  On top of these manifestations, her magic becomes supercharged, her physical strength, speed, and stamina are enhanced, and her emotional state becomes extremely unstable, leaving her prone to bouts of uncontrollable rage.

Special Qualities: Raven is capable of completely suppressing her emotions, leaving her more detached and logical as a result.  The training required to give her this ability has left her stunted emotionally, however, and she’s completely unaccustomed to interacting normally with others.  She also possesses a very dry wit, a love of old books, a distressing lack of knowledge regarding Earth and its customs, and a secret affection for the color pink.

Abilities: While no expert, Raven is a capable hand to hand combatant, skilled in an art practiced by the sages of Azarath to help focus the mind and condition the body.  Her knowledge of the occult, and interdimensional mechanics, is very impressive, rivaling some of the best sages Earth has to offer.  On top of this she also has a firm grasp of several languages, though only English as far as the Earth is concerned, and is a very quick study.

Special Equipment: The Rings of Azar - A gift from the woman of the same name, this pair of rings bears an enchantment to help protect the wearer from harm, both physical and mystical.  A type of magical body armor, if you will.  They can also store a vast quantity of energy, so if someone needed a large amount of magic power to cast a spell, the energy could be stored in the rings to save time in gathering it during the ceremony.

The Gem of Azarath - The diamond shaped ruby embedded in Raven’s brow is a powerful magical focus, granted to her to allow the halfbreed better control over her abilities.  It is also a receptacle that Raven keeps a number of her personal possessions inside, including her collection of books and a small stuffed animal of otherworldly origin from when she was a child.

The Tome of High Mysticism - A sort of reference guide of mystical studies that Raven reads in her spare time.  It was a going away present from her concerned mentor when it became clear she was about to leave the nest.

Limitations/Weaknesses: Emotional Instability - If Raven is not in control of her emotions, she is not in control of her powers.  This is very dangerous, as they can flare up wildly, causing property damage and possibly injuring anyone around her, or even herself.

Ons/Offs: Ons and Offs

Character Theme: Breaking Benjamin - I Will Not Bow

Plot Seeds: The coming of Trigon is a major event in Raven’s life, so that’s one thing that I feel could come into play at some point.  There’s also the cult that originally summoned Trigon, so there’s another possibility.  Perhaps a powerful figure in the magical community thinks she’s dangerous or wants to use her for his/her own ends?  Just a suggestion.