News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

West Borough Baptist Church to picket Dio's funeral

Started by Muninn, May 22, 2010, 01:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HairyHeretic

Yes, but to the WBC they wouldn't be 'real' christians, hence their viewpoints are invalid.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Synecdoche17

Quote from: HairyHeretic on July 04, 2010, 07:30:39 PM
Yes, but to the WBC they wouldn't be 'real' christians, hence their viewpoints are invalid.
I think the real point of such a televised debate would be to influence the audience.
A book, a woman, and a flask of wine: /The three make heaven for me; it may be thine / Is some sour place of singing cold and bare — / But then, I never said thy heaven was mine.

Ons & Offs, Stories in Progress, and Story Ideas
Absences and Apologies

HairyHeretic

To what end? I think anyone who is aware of the WBC knows exactly what they're like already. I can't see a debate changing anyones view of them.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Synecdoche17

Quote from: HairyHeretic on July 04, 2010, 07:40:13 PM
To what end? I think anyone who is aware of the WBC knows exactly what they're like already. I can't see a debate changing anyones view of them.
Perhaps not of the WBC specifically, but the WBC isn't an aberration in its beliefs, only in its actions. Plenty of fundamentalists exist in this country who believe that equality for LGBT folks will doom this country to burn in hellfire - you have only to check Pat Robertson's comments on 9/11 and Katrina to know that.

Honestly, I just want a forum for liberal Christians to air their views. You can't really get one on TV or in the news today; "Methodists fund homeless shelter" and "Catholics donate to charity" aren't headlines.
A book, a woman, and a flask of wine: /The three make heaven for me; it may be thine / Is some sour place of singing cold and bare — / But then, I never said thy heaven was mine.

Ons & Offs, Stories in Progress, and Story Ideas
Absences and Apologies

Cheka Man

Why would anyone picket a funeral ? Even if the person was genuinely a bad person, shouldn't their family be entitled to have a funeral for the one they loved without it being ruined?

TheGlyphstone

If you're at all familiar with the WBC, you'd have noticed that they...don't exactly operate on the same plane of reality that normal and rational human beings do.

Cheka Man

They are battier then a protected cave full of bats.

TheGlyphstone

Muninn

Sabby

They believe that the soldier's who die in Iraq is God punishing society for accepting gay people. We at large have sinned, and so we lose our children to war as punishment. They picket the funerals of soldiers to spread this message. Dio is, as far as I know, the first exception to this pattern.

Cheka Man

Muninn

Quote from: Cheka Man on July 06, 2010, 09:45:12 AM
Muninn, that bat looks so sweet. :)

Oh, no, he is not sweet! He is viciously glaring at you for your insult of comparing he and his brethren to the WBC nutjobs! Can you not see that? /tease

((Yes, yes he is! I believe the species is called Mindoro stripe-faced fruit bat :) ))

Cheka Man

*gives him a strawberry and gently touches his wings*