Dark Fae: World End [Still Recruiting...We have cookies!]

Started by Esoteric Myobi, May 27, 2010, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

I think I'd be interested in playing a villain. Character Writeup Incoming. I'm thinking Wand or Cup. (If Reserve needed, Wand is of greater preference)
*New Update.* A&A Updated 7/30/18

aya

Esoteric Myobi

Zero: there are no more Cup positions available so your only choice would be Wand anyway. Looking forward to seeing the profile.

On another note, it seems I've taken ill and so the game won't be starting for a few more days. Which should give the remaining players time to post up their profiles.

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

cere

What? Sick of New York already, Em???  And you've only just arrived back!  Tsk! ;-)

Hope you get well soon!  Want a massage?

8-)

** Light is life.  Dark is divine!  **
  ~Ons and Offs of import~        ~Away times~

"The secret to living a good life is honesty and fair play.  If you can fake these, you've got it made!"  Groucho Marx

Lady Kitsune

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on September 02, 2010, 05:40:28 PM

On another note, it seems I've taken ill and so the game won't be starting for a few more days. Which should give the remaining players time to post up their profiles.

*gives My some O.J.*
Get well hon.  Looking forward.  Have been lurking.  And I am glad you are back.  *now she has to find that elusive muse before all this begins* >.>
I am working on it, I swear!

Brittlby

I submitted a sheet to you for a Minion/Cups to take some of the pressure off of Shihong. *laugh* Pending approval.
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

Brittlby

Name: Insk, the Mouth

Race/Symbol: Minion/Cup

Weapon/Ability:

Teeth: Insk is noted for a touch of redcap heritage, possessing the ability to bite through anything of the mortal realms, from brick and mortar to tempered steel. Her metabolism allows her to consume quantities exponentially heavier than the creature herself. She (or rather her stomach) seems immune to the effects of heat, poison, and sharp metal objects.

Tongue: Like the well trained tongue of a wine connessuer, she has a meticulously trained palate. Amongst the applications of this ability, she can recognize the taste of an individual on anything they touch, a proclivity that has earned her the nickname "the Knob Licker".

Additionally, from the sweat or spittle, lapped directly off of a creature, she can gain insight into their secret shame. While nothing specific is gleaned from this sampling, she can discern the nature of their sin. The savory touch of infidelity, the bitterness of a coward, the sweet need of an addict.

Voice: She has the ability to talk to the "lower" creatures. Rodents, flies, roaches, and all manner of vermin serve as both loyal spies and... maginally unpleasant shock troops.

Appearance:

True Form

(Marginally) Human Form

Personality: Insk is a creature of appetites. They both define and empower her. Whether fishing out secrets with her tongue or chewing her way through the door of a panic room, her need to taste and feed drives the fae.

Well known amongst the bogeys and dark things that lurk in the places where children are fearful to tread, she is embodied by appetite. She savors the tingle of terror with equal zeal to the delicate thrills of a blush wine across her tongue. Food, wine, flesh, carnage, the mortal world is her buffet.

Despite being a slave to her vices, she is fiercely intelligent beneath the feral hunger that animates her. What Insk lacks in self control, she makes up for in feral efficiency. She is most easily recognized regardless of her form by her tendancy to always have sweets at hand.

She is noted however for her cordiality and soft spoken demeanor. Insk has been documented as responding favorably to courtesy, sparing the life of a number of mortals simply because they asked politely.

Her loyalty to the Fifth stems not so much from any feelings of fealty, as a simple pragmatism, that no other allegiance would allow her to indulge her needs so freely. As this is the case, she is considered by many of the fae to be little better than a dog, peforming tasks of espionage and murder for occasional table scraps.

Biography:

Born of dreams of gluttony and greed, she is the unmasked face of excess. The darkening of her being served only to further her hedonistic tendancies. It is difficult to place her particular lineage prior to her corruption, but she does seem to have a strange affinity for children. Unlike the bogey's, her interest in children seems tragically honest, though her presence rarely leads to anything but terror on their part.

She has a reputation as one of the more relentless and feral of the minions, and the mention of her name alone has been known to sicken those whose path she has crossed. With no motivation beyond feeding, she lives the life of a wandering hedonist and ne'er-do-well, occasionally called into service by her employer.
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

Crovonovin

Glad to see I won't be alone on the darker side of things!  Where would the fun be if I didn't have any comrades in devilry?   >:)

Speaking of which, if there are any other players who foresee their character taking the path-better-not-traveled into Abhoth's eager embrace, do be sure to send me a private message.  I'm sure there will be plenty of intrigue and gray morality as all the pawns in this game search for the role that best suits them, and I would happy to oblige any ne'er-do-wells lurking among the ranks.

Antone

Ons and Offs
RPs Desired

Caution when handling: Reacts violently when exposed to stupidity...

AbsyntheAngel

Hello everyone, I'm still around. I'm pretty much finished with my character sheets; sorry I haven't posted them sooner, but between me working 50 hours a week, two family members in the hospital, a friend who was on suicide watch and just recently lost her job and my most recent loss of income...Well, it's been a busy couple of weeks. But I hope to have my stuff up soon, before everything starts!  -_-
They say the beast inside of me is gonna get you, get you, get..
+
Absynthe's O/o Compilation

TheHangedOne

Hey, Absynthe. Sorry to hear you're going through some rough times. If you need to vent or just want to talk or anything, feel free to PM me. I hope things settle down for you.*Hugs.*
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Esoteric Myobi

-Signs herself up for a nice long massage session with Cere ;) and happily sips at Kit's OJ-

Welcome to the game Brittlby, and Absynthe take your time.

Updated list from what I have so far:

[.Current.Players.]

The Four -
Cup: Esoteric Myobi - Acrasia
Pentacle: PeacethatPowerbrings - Maer
Wand: Antone - Xavier
Sword: Lady Kitsune - Iseult of the Moon

The Messengers -
Cup: Lady Kitsune - Sorcha McCuinn
Pentacle: Esoteric Myobi - Anwen
Wand: Reserved - Cassiopeia
Sword: [Interested in - AbsyntheAngel]

The Marked - (2 for each symbol - 'k' = Key Holders)
Cup: TheHangedMan - Edgar Crowley (k)  , Imogen - Amy Wilkes
Pentacle: Cere - Dr Joel Brandon (k), [Interested in - AbsyntheAngel]
Wand: Zadaris - Ridley Lestrade (k)
Sword: Iksander - Reginald "Reggy" Townsend , [Interested in - TheWhiteEmperor], Aya - Claire Ferris (k)

The fifth - Shihong: Abhoth

The minion -
Wand: Iksander: Shards/Samuel
Cup: Brittlby: Insk
Sword: Shihong: Miss Helena White and Mr Randis Black

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Esoteric Myobi

Arcadia is now available for viewing. The thread will remain locked until I've managed to finish up the other game thread and the game begins. Until then, feel free to take a look and tell me what you think, as well as think of introductory posts or perhaps even plotting with other players for your own storylines.

I will attempt to have the second game thread completed by tomorrow and hopefully the game will be unlocked and open for posting this weekend. For those of you who have not yet completed your profiles, please do so when you can and hop into the game once they have been submitted and approved. =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Esoteric Myobi

Also, the OOC thread is now available for abusing. However, character profiles should still be posted here on the recruitment thread for those of you who still need to do so. =) Perhaps we'll even attract a few others to join us as well?

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

AbsyntheAngel

Finally, I'm able to post these. So sorry about the wait, everyone.

Name: Kaisa

Age: (if applicable) Nearly three millenia (but who's counting, anyway?)

Race/Symbol: Faerie: Sword Messenger

Abilities:

Quicksilver: Refers to Kaisa's enhanced speed, stamina and dexterical abilities. She moves incredibly quickly, yet with enough care that one moment she seems to be standing in front of you, the next she is gone, and all you feel is a gentle breeze at her departing.

Mercury's Trickery: Using this ability, Kaisa is able to transmogrify an object into a more advanced and also a more entropic form. It does not change one object into a completely different object; rather it takes the physical properties of an already existing object and reverts, or manipulates them. Her favourite use of this power is her integration of it into martial arts; a simple touch, and an opponent can suddenly feel very heavy as his/her mass is added onto, or perhaps very confused as Kaisa seems to turn into a different person during mid-battle as her hair colour and physical features completely change. This power also gains her much in the way of deception, as she can alter her appearance with ease, and also the physical appearance of anything she touches.

Mercurial Tendencies:    A fighter by nature, Kaisa has had centuries upon centuries to study multiple fighting techniques and marital arts, anything from standard Ju Jitsu, to Capoeria and Krav Maga. Paired with her enhanced speed, Kaisa is able to shift combat styles flawlessly in battle, just by hastily analyzing an opponent's stance and initial strikes. This gives her an advantage, allowing her to select a fighting style effective against her enemy's.

Appearance:

Human Form: Her human form is exotic, a beautiful lady with high cheekbones and an athletic figure. Kaisa always can be found wearing dark hued clothes, anything leather and expensive. Her arms are decorated by full-sleeve tattoos depicting intricate Celtic knot mandalas wrapped around the trunk of a progressively dying cherry tree.

Faery Form: In her faery form, she is astoundingly tall for a fae, residing at six inches in height, with long slightly curling silver hair.
Her skin is nearly black and in the moon's light, glows a soft, ethereal colour akin to what humans view as ice blue, but truthfully is closer to the near-white that paints the sands in tropical beaches. Her wings, as big as Kaisa is are raven hued and wispy in their first layer, constantly falling off and regrowing over top more sturdy feathers. In this form she prefers nakedness to clothing, but around males Kaisa shields herself with her wings.

True Form: Her wings disappear in this form, replaced by a large wing-shaped insignia marked on her torso from her breasts to her lower abdomen. Her ears are elfen, and her eyes become large black orbs, capable of seeing great distances in dark and light as well.  Kaisa often dons sacred fae-spun robes in this form; the violet and pewter material is as viscous as water in appearance but airy and lightweight to the touch and able to be shaped into many different outfits as the situation calls for.

Personality: Strong by nature, confident and self-assured, yet extremely prideful. She detests asking others for assistance and more often that not is seen as aloof and calculating because of it. It doesn't help that she also tends to be very quiet, speaking only when very necessary, and sometimes with a tone of voice that borders on ironic. Kaisa is dedicated, however, and demands justice, passion and goodness from those she associates herself with.

Biography: A fae birthed from desire rather than manifested from will or from the elements. Born to a Seelie noblewoman and protected by the Queen's court, Kaisa nevertheless grew up subtly ostracised by her peers and elders. Her mother, a lower member of the Seelie Prince's harem was not in a position to shield her daughter from all the whispered speak of the gentry and lower fae. Due to this, Kaisa led a very lonely and independent childhood, maturing quickly. An outsider on the inside, she was a good canidate for spywork and subterfuge but knew her destiny lay with a powerful fae she met once as a youngling: Mistress of the Sword the servants had called her, and it wasn't until much later that Kaisa understood why she couldn't look away from the full moon after the night she met her...

+++++

Name: Constance Greene
Race: Human: Marked Pentacle

Weapon: Akahana: A Japanese short sword or wakizashi, one Constance inherited that seems to have special properties....

Everlasting: The blade is tinted a very pale red colour (hence the "aka", or "red" in its name) which seems to give it great resistance to damage and natural physical decline, such as rusting and eventual dulling of the blade. As far as Constance knows, the wakizashi hasn't been serviced for repairs in over a decade (when in truth, it had been even longer than that).

Singularity: The Akahana can only be touched by its current master. Anyone who attempts to unsheathe/wield it can expect to suffer varying degrees of nonlethal electroshock.

Disillusioned: The sword possesses a small stealth field around it which can hide those in close proximity. The ones becoming "invisible" don't disappear; rather, the sword distracts an enemy's mind into forgetting what they were looking for. Unfortunately, this ability isn't powerful enough to hide more than three people at a time.

Appearance:

Personality: Constance looks about seven years younger than her chronological age, and because of this she's developed a bit of a standoffish personality. She's quick to anger when she suspects someone is making fun of her, and is slow to calm down when she gets upset. The personification of a reverse empath, whatever she is feeling tends to radiate and affect those around her. Impulsive, greedy and single-minded describe her most irritating qualities. However, she is quite loyal, strong and cannot stand to let others be disappointed.

Biography: Growing up in a small town where everyone knows everything about their neighbours didn't suit young Constance's need for adventure and discrepancy. After graduating, she left for the biggest city she could afford to live in on a moderate monthly stipend from her dentist father and attended university. It was on a study abroad trip that she met her future husband, a swordmaker who had also been traveling the world to learn more of his craft. The two began dating and married in the span of two years of meeting, and enjoyed a year together before he was murdered while walking home from work one afternoon.

Devastated by the loss, Constance returned home for a short period of time to recuperate, never leaving her family's property, unable to deal with the gossip that ran rampant in every bar and barbershop within twenty miles of her. At age twenty four, widowed yet recovered, she left home for the last time with all her possessions, including a sword her husband had left instructions for her to never part with, and didn't look back. Attending university again at current, she is striving for a degree in criminology and behavioural profiling, motivated by the unusual and grisly death of her husband.

They say the beast inside of me is gonna get you, get you, get..
+
Absynthe's O/o Compilation

Cassiopeia

Sorry everyone for this taking so long.  My muse finally returneth, sort of >.>  Apparently she was on vacation drunk, very drunk <.<  I don't have my pic tweaked right yet but it will be up soon, in the mean time here's the basics on my girl -

Name: Ailie

Race: Fae

Symbol: Wand - Messenger

Occupation: Forrest Artist - painter of leaves, flowers, and flora alike, using the whole forrest and landscaping of the Fairy World as her canvas.

Abilities:

Inflame - Ailie evokes the power of fire to incite strong emotions in her subject, whether they be enemies or allies, such as  passion and desire, dynamic force, ambitions, creativity, vitality, self-development, growth, and perception. 

Creatures of Light - Conjuring a fire Ailie can use other people's perceptions to make them believe they are seeing creatures within the heart of the flame.  Once these onlookers put faith in what they're seeing the creatures are as real as any physical being and able to assist in battle and protection.  If the fire is put out however, or if those beholding the creatures cease to believe the creatures will die.

Eye of the Fire - Ailie can use the gift of flame to hypnotize enemies, or even allies, trapping them in elaborate illusions of her choosing.  So strong is the hypnosis that those who are entranced by it may be moved to physical or emotional action.  Because the power is so strong it takes a great deal of concentration and thus is weaker if she uses it on a number of people at a time.  The hypnosis only lasts as long as Ailie is in close proximity and once she gets a certain distance away the effect will dissipate, leaving her victims dazed and confused.

Personal Abilities - Aillie possesses the ability to charm others, whether drawing them in with her pleasing appearance or her engaging way of speaking she has a way of convincing others to do as she wishes, using her magical gifts as more of a last resort.  Seeing the world from a very different point of view and a unique perspective Ailie's artistic mind sees possibilities everywhere.  This can be a force used for great good or great mischief, depending on her mood.  Agility is also a great strength of hers, though it's not frequently used in painting flora (unless of course she's attempting to reach a particular inconveniently placed leaf), her strength in this area is most often displayed in the hunting of humans.  She can dart about while in flight with ease, nimble and quick, without becoming disoriented.  Flying is actually one of the small pleasures in life she does not take for granted.

Appearance: Ailie is on the slightly taller side for a female fairy and her looks bely her creative and colorful nature.  Her hair is a bright and shiny peony pink, falling in loose waves down her back, perfectly framing and contrasting her fair and almost iridescent skin.  Peaking out from behind the typically tousled waves of pink, her cerulean eyes stand out brilliantly, twinkling with delight whenever she is elated.  Her body has a fluid appearance to it, the ample curves softly rolling into one another, from the curve of her breasts to her narrow waist to her rounded hips leading down to her long toned legs.  Complimenting her figure and overall look is an outfit constructed entirely of what appears to be flower petals, ranging from white to pale lavender.  The design is skirt-like in appearance, covering over her hips and upper thighs with splits along the sides to allow for easy movement.  Her abdomen is exposed, revealing a plane of silky pale flesh, before it is covered once more beginning at the top of her ribcage and forming a large V to cover her chest. (picture reference soon to come)

Personality:  While very much a people person (so to speak) Ailie is actually quite content to spend hours, or days, on end alone and in the solitude of her artistic endeavors.  She communes with the land and visualizes exactly how things should be painted and once the idea is in her head she can't stop until it's finished to her personal high standards of perfection.  Ailie has been known to get so caught up in her work that she's missed important functions or spending time with friends.  It's not that she's careless or inconsiderate, just that her passion is demanding.  Despite her intensive work attitude she's quite fun and easy going when not creating a masterpiece.  Adventure is something she relishes and thrills that make her heart pound are what keeps her feeling alive.  No one would accuse her of being cruel as much as highly focused on the mischief and chaos she's able to cause.  If she can't do it right she doesn't feel it's worth doing, even when it comes to fun and recreation.  She prefers to keep the company of other faeries who are similarly driven, though different in personality.

Biography:  Nothing out of the ordinary forms Ailie's past.  As a young fae she was often misunderstood as she was easily lost in thought, forming pictures in her mind and letting her imagination get the better of her.  Not really caring whether or not she was understood or accepted she began creating and painting.  Unbridled by other's constraints her true talent was able to shine and very soon she was led down the path of a forrest artist, at times even being commissioned by the Queen to paint a certain area of landscape for her own personal enjoyment.  While Ailie is flattered by such attention it scarcely affects the way in which she works, viewing her art as a highly personal and soul-baring thing that she releases for others to enjoy. 

Esoteric Myobi

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Zatoplek

Hello everyone,

I'm quite excited since this is the first game I've played on E. I hope it'll be fun! It certainly looks awesome.

Name: Shaun Templar

Race: Marked Human - Wand

Abilities

Illusionist: Thanks to his over fueled imagination Shaun can project images from his mind into the physical world. While these illusions are naught but air and light they certainly look real enough until touched. However, the more realistic and the longer he projects them the more taxing it is on him.

Polymath: Combined with his already formidable knowledge, magic enables him to learn new information at an incredible rate. He need only flick through a tome to absorb and understand all the information within. The same goes for languages which he can pick up with astonishing speed, when he's reading a book, or learning a language he becomes so totally engrossed that he is vulnerable during that time. It takes about ten minutes to absorb a book and twenty to learn an entirely new dialect.

Telekinesis: Extending from his ability to force his mind on to the real world Shaun can influence objects around him moving them with will alone. The further away the object and the harder it is to more the more concentration and effort Shaun has to put in to it,

Appearance: Shaun is a tall pale man, with an almost gaunt complexion. He has longish blond hair kept in a butchered mop. He has startling green eyes and wears glasses. His apparel is often scruffy and ill kept, but smart. He wears dinner jackets and dress trousers far more often than is normal.

Personality: Shaun isn't so much socially awkward, than an intellectual hermit. When he does choose to talk to people his quiet and well mannered. His sense of humour is very dry and sometimes hard to miss. He often keeps people away from him with clever quips and remarks. He has little time for getting to know people, but if he ever does make friends he'll keep them for a lifetime.

Biography: Shaun grew up in a comfortable family setting. He choose to reject most of society in favour of his books, of which he reads many. Unfortunately this distraction also meant that he didn't have much of a drive or purpose in life, and so never succeeded academically as he might have. As such he now works in a second hand book store. Quite content in his quite life, leaving his mind to wander over the books on his shelves

Z

Esoteric Myobi

Welcome to the game Zatoplek and E as well. ^^ You can join the rest of the approved characters in the OOC thread and get to know each other or perhaps even discuss a subplot.

Updated list from what I have so far:

[.Current.Players.]

The Four -
Cup: Esoteric Myobi - Acrasia
Pentacle: PeacethatPowerbrings - Maer
Wand: Antone - Xavier
Sword: Lady Kitsune - Iseult of the Moon

The Messengers -
Cup: Lady Kitsune - Sorcha McCuinn
Pentacle: Esoteric Myobi - Anwen
Wand: Cassiopeia - Ailie
Sword: AbsyntheAngel - Kaisa

The Marked - (2 for each symbol - 'k' = Key Holders)
Cup: TheHangedMan - Edgar Crowley (k)  , Imogen - Amy Wilkes
Pentacle: Cere - Dr Joel Brandon (k), AbsyntheAngel - Constance Greene
Wand: Zadaris - Ridley Lestrade (k), Zatoplek - Shaun Templar
Sword: Iksander - Reginald "Reggy" Townsend , Aya - Claire Ferris (k)

The fifth - Shihong: Abhoth

The minion -
Wand: Iksander: Shards/Samuel
Cup: Brittlby: Insk
Sword: Shihong: Miss Helena White and Mr Randis Black

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Aether

Starlequin

Hey, folks. I understand there's still a couple spots left open in this game, and after chatting with EM for a bit I decided to toss out a CS and see how it sails. I'm looking forward to playing with all you guys.

Name: Trent Barnett
Race/Symbol: Marked Human - Sword
Weapon/Ability: An unnamed, unusually large, black-bladed switchblade knife (See below)

Appearance: Trent is rather tall at 6'1, and a bit on the lanky side with the lean, whipcord build of a runner (or a street rat). He's not really the sort of fellow to spend much time in daylight (or decent company), so he often has a somewhat pale, slightly gaunt complexion. Dark brown eyes sit beneath thick, bushy brows and a shaggy mane of almost black hair that in direct light sometimes shows faint streaks of red. On the inside of his left wrist is a small, dark birthmark in the faint shape of a spade. He's usually seen in faded, tattered denim jeans, an old T-shirt, light running shoes and a heavy leather jacket with so many rips one wonders how it's still stitched together.

Personality: Trent is a pretty relaxed guy, but there are moments when his outwardly serene appearance gives way to a cunning and ruthless nature, and heaven help those who try to order him around. He never graduated high school, but he's spent enough time in public libraries to educate himself well into college-level territory, on myriad subjects. Soft-spoken and congenial, Trent can make friends with just about anyone, but earning the full measure of his trust is next to impossible. Only two people have ever accomplished that, and once the achievement was strictly posthumous. Trent flips back and forth between calm and chaotic, compassionate and cruel so often, he's often wondered if he would qualify as schizophrenic. Given his history, he wouldn't be too surprised.

Biography: Trent was born in a little nowhere town in southern Mississippi, and promptly left in the care of a local Christian-run orphanage. Many of the orphanage's wards were from similar circumstances, and the nuns who ran the place were ferociously strict with their young charges--attempting, they claimed, to ensure that the children would not stray from the path of righteousness as their worthless parents had. That the boy managed to grow up with even an ounce of defiance in his spirit was a miracle (of the Devil, the nuns would often whisper among themselves after hours), but defiant he was. Wherever there was a rule, Trent was bound and determined to see it broken, and his rebellious nature only grew stronger when he felt that someone else was being oppressed. He became something of a hero to many of the other children in the orphanage with his reckless and daring behavior, and a living curse to the staff and faculty. Perhaps that was what made her fall in love with him so deeply.

Mary Ellen Bannister was another child at the orphanage, only a year or two younger than Trent. The daughter of a local prostitute, the nuns were especially strict and judgemental toward the young Mary Ellen. Seeing their abhorrent treatment of her drove Trent to become her unofficial protector, and the day he turned eighteen he snuck her out of the facility, stole one of the janitors' trucks, and the pair ran away to New York together with nothing but a bag of peanuts and the clothes on their backs.

Upon arriving in the Big Apple, the couple began bouncing from homeless shelter to shelter. Trent managed to acquire an old, beat-up guitar from a kind old man he met in one of the city's soup kitchens, and he spent weeks on the street corners, busking for change; it was one of the only times he could remember being grateful for the nuns' insistence on music lessons. The coins he collected in his hat were rarely enough to see them through a day, however, and Trent and Mary Ellen took to small-time grifting to survive. He proved to have a natural talent for deception, one that she sadly lacked. Sadly, it was her propensity for virtue that proved their downfall.

Trent had managed to secure them a cheap, shit-hole apartment, little more than a rented coffin in Hell's Kitchen, and had gone out looking for odd jobs, an easy mark, anything that would bring in a enough for tomorrow's groceries. After a fruitless day of beating the streets, he returned to the apartment to find a man in a dark suit standing beside a sobbing Mary Ellen. An enforcer, working for a small time outfit whose courier Trent had conned out of nearly $1000 the week before. The very same money that had gone to pay for the couple's rent. The man demanded the money back as he brandished  wicked-looking switchblade against Mary Ellen's throat. Trent fell to his knees, begging for mercy, pleading for her safety and promising to return the stolen money, but to no effect. The man with the knife grinned, a thin-lipped, evil smile that seemed to split his face apart, and like the gentle brush stroke of a master painter he dragged the blade across Mary Ellen's throat.

Trent screamed in rage and sorrow as her blood spurted onto his chest in thick, crimson gouts, and he launched himself at her murderer with no thought in mind but revenge. The goon easily side-stepped his clumsy attack and rammed the blade into Trent's chest, piercing his broken heart. As he fell to the floor clutching at the knife, the voice of the building's landlord rumbled outside in the hall, threatening to call the cops. The thug abandoned his knife and ducked out onto the fire escape, leaving Trent for dead.

And dead he most certainly would have been, if the knife had been any ordinary weapon. As Trent writhed on the floor in the pool of Mary Ellen's blood, sparkling glimmers of light danced in front of his eyes. His vision was darkened, there was no sound, and yet he heard as clear as church bells a voice telling him to remove the knife from his heart. His failing eyes fell on Mary Ellen's corpse, and with the last of his strength he jerked the blade out of his chest and passed out.

Almost a day later, he awoke with no more than a dull but fading ache in his chest and a faint, dark scar where the knife had punctured his skin. His mind was clouded, his thoughts hazy, but as he again took in the sight of his love's deathly pallor, a single instinct exploded inside of him. The need for vengeance. For justice. With the knife still in his hand, he fled the gruesome apartment and followed a phantom trail of anguish and bloodlust to a small warehouse on the outskirts of the neighborhood. Stealing a glance inside, he caught sight of no less than five men, seated and standing around a simple card table. Two of them he recognized: the man whose bankroll he'd lifted, and the man who had been tasked with retrieving it. The weasel, and the murderer. Unlike the others, one of the men seated at the table wore a plain white suit. From the demeanor of the other men, he was most likely the boss.

Trent had no idea how he'd known where to come, or why the knife felt so natural in his hand, and at that moment he didn't care. With a speed and a ferocity that he'd never suspected in himself, he rushed inside and slaughtered all five men before they could unholster their pistols. Mere moments later, he stood among the carnage and listened to a voice in his head that wasn't there. The knife, telling him that what he'd done was right, that this scum had deserved no mercy. The knife, telling him that he would have the chance to again bring justice and death to the wicked, if he so chose. The knife, telling him that it had found its rightful master once again.

The Unnamed Blade

Abilities:
The Devil's Courage: Those who dare to meet the Blade's true master in combat will find themselves faced with an opponent of unrivaled ferocity and reckless disregard for his own life. The knife offers powerful protection to its wielder, but that protection comes at a heavy price. Any damage Trent suffers during battle, no matter how grave or severe, will be shrugged off as little more than a scratch; however, when the fight is over, the full debt of his pain will be visited on him and it will take him far more time and effort to heal his wounds than usual.

The Angel's Fidelity: The Blade will never be separated from its rightful owner by any means other than willing surrender. Should the Blade ever be lost or stolen, reality and random chance will bend itself to impossible configurations until it is returned to its master's hand--often precisely when it is needed most. This effect is passive, and is always active.

Atropos' Aim: The Blade can cut through absolutely anything. Anything. In the hands of its master, when fully attuned, the Blade can even slice through the intangible, and is said to be capable of cutting the distance between two points, or cutting thoughts or knowledge from the minds of others like a surgeon removes shrapnel from a wound. Perfect concentration, an intimate knowledge of its target, and an unbreakable will are required to activate this power at its zenith.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Esoteric Myobi

And it looks like our cast is now full! Besides a few more villains possibly. =) Feel free to join us in the OOC Thread. The game has not yet begun so it'd be a good chance for you to plan anything (if at all) with the other players.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Esoteric Myobi

Currently searching for:

- Sword Messenger
- Pentacle Marked
- Cup, Pentacle, Wand Minions

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Lady Kitsune

Enter into a dark tale of intrigue and betrayals, where the magical creatures of old children's' tales are true.  The time is nigh, and the Messengers gather to their Masters, a mission to seek the Keys that will unlock a weapon of ancient proportions to destroy the Evil that threatens to destroy both the Fae and the Human world.

Who will you be...Fae or Human, or will you take to the dark side and cavort with He who would destroy everything.

Come now a Messenger of the Sword is needed, to entice and lure a Key.  Already the Cup, the Pentacle and the Wand are seeking.

Or would you rather be one of the few magically infused humans that must save this world and Ours, and delve into the torrid night of the Dark Fae.

So be it, become the darkness and join in the cruelty of a Minion.

Anything is possible when one encounters the DARK FAE!  It is World's End!
I am working on it, I swear!

Esoteric Myobi

What she said! ;D So come one and come all, join us at the Dark Fae circus act realm!

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~