PS4 issues

Started by WindVoyager, October 04, 2017, 12:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindVoyager

Finally figured out how to get the blasted PS4 connected to the net. Took a lot of time and lot of messing around.

I have all the DLC's for Fallout 4 and Im in Far Harbor and it has an odd bug going that I can't figure out whats causing it. I'm not running any mods or anything. Weapons do NO damage at all. Nothing. Doesn't matter what one you use, it does no damage. The health bar doesn't go down

I've restated the PS4 twice and it's had no effect. Gone back to early saves, no effect.

Kolya

Have you ever been able to connect the PS4 or are you setting up a new one?

If it's new it may just be too far away from the router or the signal is being blocked by some walls. I know that doesn't help, sorry.

You could always try this if you haven't:

Link

It seems to have worked for others with similar problems. Best of luck!

DominantPoet

Quote from: WindVoyager on October 04, 2017, 12:50:36 AM
I can't get the PS4 to connect with wi-fi and I've tried manually connecting and everything. I spent the better part of an hour trying and it still will not connect to the wi-fi. Manual, custom, easy, restarted the PS4. Nothing works.

I can NOT use a LAN cable. That would require running it through two rooms and a hall so it would be a massive tripping hazard. I also ca not shut down the router and restart it since that would cut the wifi for everything in the apt and it takes a long time for it boot up and its a pain in the ass to get net back on any device. ATandT sucks but its that or the even more sucky TW.

There's any number of things that could be the problem here. If this is a recent purchase, the wifi adapter within the console itself could be faulty. If you bought it new, exchange it, see if that fixes the problem. If you bought it second hand from somewhere like Gamestop, see if you can exchange it as well. If you bought it from someone through Craigslist or online elsewhere, uhm...well, you're probably boned.

However, given the overly worrying thing you mentioned about how it takes a long time for your router to boot up and it being a pain to get net back on any device, I'm overly inclined to blame either your router (that should not be happening, even if you have utterly god awful internet service) or blame AT&T. Though I'd be hard-pressed to think of any technical reason what you're describing should be happening.

The last thing I can think of is again blaming your router - you mentioned having to go through two rooms AND a hall. That's a lot of walls for your wifi signal to get through, and if your router is inherently bad to begin with, well...that could also be the problem.

Aside from what I've suggested doing so far, I would recommend running a LAN cable (there are numerous ways to run a cable through rooms and down halls without it being a tripping hazard, namely to run it right along the bottom of the walls and under the carpet, assuming you have any, or if you don't running it along the edges of your doorway) or flat out buy a new router, because that's probably the most likely culprit.