What's in the news?

Started by Beorning, September 21, 2014, 07:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avis habilis

Quote from: Far eyes on February 23, 2016, 09:35:00 AM
Lets not pretend that your private bathroom is the same as a public one. If it is you either have a very dirty bathroom in your home, or live in an exceptional place in the world.  ;D

No, it isn't a public facility, but when guests come over you don't assign one restroom to one gender & another to a different one, or declare the single bathroom off limits to one gender & tell everyone else to pee in the yard.

My bathroom could use a good scrubbing, but not because I have everybody in the neighborhood trudging through it, you're right there.

Dice

https://youtu.be/hmoAX9f6MOc

Best part of that from memory is the photo of the young man in the bathroom with the granny behind him.

Far eyes

Quote from: Avis habilis on February 23, 2016, 09:46:55 AM
No, it isn't a public facility, but when guests come over you don't assign one restroom to one gender & another to a different one, or declare the single bathroom off limits to one gender & tell everyone else to pee in the yard.

No naturally not, and i do not actually have any problem with unisex bathrooms. I dont actually care but i do recognize some people do. I would put it squarely in the "Do not care" bucket. If you want to do weird shit in a bathroom chances are a little picture on the door is not discouraging you. 
What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

What he means: "I like lesbians".
A/A
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180557.0

Oniya

Quote from: Jagerin on February 23, 2016, 07:35:51 AM
Trans individuals don't go in there to hang out. They go in, get in a stall, do their business, and hopefully wash their hands before leaving. They aren't in there to strike up conversations.

Does anyone?  Really?  I mean, if I'm looking to strike up a conversation, the restroom is probably the last place I'm going to try.  No - scratch that.  That would imply that if I had already tried everywhere else, that I would try to strike up a conversation in a restroom.  And the answer to that is no.

And even if I strike up conversation with you elsewhere, and it happens to continue in the restroom, we're not going to 'hang out' there.  Stall, business, hands, maybe wait for you, leave.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Avis habilis

Quote from: Oniya on February 23, 2016, 01:07:17 PM
Does anyone?  Really?

The first rule of the men's restroom is no chit chat in the men's restroom.

Oniya

Quote from: Avis habilis on February 23, 2016, 02:11:08 PM

I was pretty sure about that.  I've heard women chit-chat in the ladies' room, but they always seem to have been chit-chatting before they entered.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

TaintedAndDelish

Quote from: Avis habilis on February 23, 2016, 02:11:08 PM

Funny, there are a list of such unwritten rules :p

1. When selecting a urinal, maximize the distance between yourself and others.
2. Don't look below the invisible line while at the urinal.
2a. Do not greet or even look at the person next to you. ( They will respect your silence )
3. No farting at the urinal.
4. Piss the bulls eye if you please, but do not touch the mint.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: TaintedAndDelish on February 24, 2016, 05:39:18 PM
4. Piss the bulls eye if you please, but do not touch the mint.

Mint?

TheGlyphstone

gaggedLouise

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Lustful Bride

Quote from: gaggedLouise on February 24, 2016, 06:21:03 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urinal_deodorizer_block

:P

Aahh....so...why aren't you supposed to hit them?

I suddenly find myself even happier that there are separate bathrooms. *needs a shower*

TaintedAndDelish

I meant "touch" as in "pick up"  :p
(I'm just being silly)

Lustful Bride

Quote from: TaintedAndDelish on February 24, 2016, 06:26:14 PM
I meant "touch" as in "pick up"  :p
(I'm just being silly)

Aahhh I see.  :-[

gaggedLouise

Because it would make the spurt of pee "bounce back"...?  :D

(Remember, men tend to pee with a higher drop and more velocity than women)

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Lustful Bride

US Judge Approves $1 Billion settlement with native American tribes.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/judge-approves-nearly-dollar1b-settlement-between-us-and-tribes/ar-BBpWIwv?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

I'm okay with this. Its the least we can do. I just wonder how they will decide to divide this among the tribes and such.

TaintedAndDelish

Pay them with wampum and friendship bracelets perhaps?

Zakharra

Quote from: Lustful Bride on February 24, 2016, 07:07:20 PM
US Judge Approves $1 Billion settlement with native American tribes.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/judge-approves-nearly-dollar1b-settlement-between-us-and-tribes/ar-BBpWIwv?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

I'm okay with this. Its the least we can do. I just wonder how they will decide to divide this among the tribes and such.

It's going to be interesting to see where this money goes. From what I have heard, a lot of tribal councils are corrupt as fuck. So while the tribe might get several million dollars, a good/large chunk of it might end up in some tribal leaders bank accounts. I'd rather the money was spent on the tribes, not the council leaders.

Blythe

It's finally happened. *chuckles* Leonardo DiCaprio finally got his Oscar.

consortium11

Quote from: Blythe on February 29, 2016, 02:06:04 PM
It's finally happened. *chuckles* Leonardo DiCaprio finally got his Oscar.

I think the bear deserved more credit  :-(

Kythia

Ironically given the impetus for this thread, I haven't noticed any mention of our upcoming Brexit Referendum.  On June 23rd we (the UK) will be holding a referendum as to whether we should remain in or leave the EU.  The Prime Minister is in favour of remaining part but has been effectively forced in to this referendum by elements in his own party - it was one of his campaign pledges.  His party, and in fact most parties, are pretty much split.

Within the UK referenda aren't legally binding so technically Cameron could ignore a leave vote (the question posed will be Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union? with the options Remain a member of the European Union and
Leave the European Union) but that'd be...meh, that wouldn't happen.  There are ways a referendum could be ignored though, the BBC article I link to above goes in to a bit of depth.

Cycle

Clearly you need to get Trump Drumpf to weigh in on the issue.  Then all the media hounds will descend...

Kythia

Well, it's not until June.  Wouldn't really expect the media hounds to be overly active just yet.  Imagine how absolutely ridiculous it would be if the media talked constantly about a vote a whole four months before it happened.  Ludicrous.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Beorning on February 29, 2016, 04:54:06 PM
Well, I hope you you guys vote to stay!

Don't want to end up alone with your Polish Discount Nazi Party? ;D