Rangers Unite! Sci-Fi SuperHero Story! Rp-ers needed!

Started by Gladiator0161, October 17, 2009, 06:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gladiator0161

Ok, I know everyone has heard of or atleast seen an episode of Power Rangers. My idea is to make it mature and cool, not with a bunch of stupid noises and the same moves and abilities.

The story goes like this......[/u]

In the year 2038 an alien race invaded the planet Earth. Mutanst on earth were feared for a long time due to their power, but, once the Invasion started Earth's militaries were hard pressed to repel them. The only ones that had a somewhat easy time of repelling the alien invaders were....mutants. Something in the mutant DNA affected the aliens more than human weaponry ever could.

So a team was formed, 6 people with different mutant abilities were trained by earth's militaries to be Space faring commandos, that would sneak behind enemy lines and rid the earth of the invaders. Equipped with the latest weaponry based upon the study of the aliens technology that has been recovered so far, the Rangers donned new form fitting Power Suits that would increase their speed, strength, stamina and double the power of their own abilities.

Where the players pick up

The government of the game is going to select 6 people, hopefully I can get atleast 5 people to join this thread. 2 more guys and 3 girls would be great. I'm not against more guys or girls however, being in the team, such as..2 guys and 4 girls of any variation thereof.
Now obviously the Ranger team is going to have single colored uniforms, like the nrecent G I Joe movie, but, the players can decorate their suit however they want. The style of suit their character wears will also be up to the player, since everyone is going to have different abilities, the suits obviously will vary.

The weapon technology will be Star Wars/Star Trek based mixed with anime fantasy style weaponry. The players will also determine how they get wrapped up in the plot of the story. I'll be giving a short character biography after this explanation, so you can see more of what i'm looking for.

Please don't be shy about asking questions or joining. I really really want to do this RP!

Hunter

Wander over to hulu.com and take a look at a cartoon called Voltron (which I believe to be the inspiration for power rangers.)

Gladiator0161

I already have videos of Voltron, thanks ::)

Not that I hate it but, every time I try and watch it I find myself falling asleep and I love Anime! lol

Hunter

Sleeping through Voltron is like sleeping through Godzilla movies.  HOW CAN YOU!?!   :-[

Gladiator0161

Name: Raelyn Tadakashi
Race: Human Mutant
Sex: Male
Abilities: Control over Fire and Metal
Appearance:

Personality:
Raelyn is sensitive, calm, and a little cocky. He's a nice guy that doesn't allow anyone to push him around.

He knows his place and he sticks to it most of the time. Though once in awhile he does tend to do some rather risky and dangerous things.

He's also very protective of his friends, willing to lay his life down for them at a moments notice.

Character History:

Raelyn was born into a family of contruction workers and swordsmithes who worked for fairs and carnivals with reneissance themes. They'd made enough money from being employed at a construction firm, that they were able to make their own busness and branch out to bunsesses both large and small.

Most of Raelyn's young life was quite normal, he played with the youngsters of the neighborhood, played video games and went to the fairs and carnivals that hired his family to make swords and sell them, as an additional attraction. As he grew up he had the fortunate experience of fighting off bullies in school, which made him a pretty good street brawler by the time he graduated. In addition to street fighting he took training under martial artists after school and swordplay when he got home. His family, which included two older brothers and a younger sister, had always been a little weird. The making of battle ready blades and fighting with them was just a hobby however, but, it was a hobby Raelyn enjoyed immensly.

Raelyn worked his way through college like most students, the lessons of being independant and a provider being driven into him his whole life as he grew. He bought his first motorcycle at the age of 18, with the money he'd earned while working for his family.
It was during this time that he came into his abilities of controlling fire and steel. He trained daily in his abilities, going out into the country so no one would see him, and practicing to control his abilities.

Raelyn worked his way through college like most students, the lessons of being independant and a provider being driven into him his whole life as he grew. When he reached the age of 21 he joined the Marines as a Private, and took basic in boot camp a week later.
The next year the alien's invaded, and Raelyn was drafted into the Ranger program. They equipped him with an Assault Rifle, which was able to equip a sniper and demolitions attachments, a large battle rifle for ground assault and a plasma sword for close combat, training him in their use. He flew through the close combat training with the plasma sword, thanks to his background in swordplay.

They also gave him a form fitting power suit, which enhanced his abilities and increased his running speed and strength by half.
3 Years went into training him with the power suit and his abilities, while he went on missions with other teams.
Now, he waits for his team to be assembled at the rank of Captain.

(Mesh it between these two armors and you're pretty close to what I've imagined, lol)

Wolfy

Gladiator0161

Glad to have you aboard Wolfy4226 and you too Hunter, if you're interested that is.

Pumpkin Seeds

Wolfy

o3o I want to be the Green Ranger. xD

Joking..but I do want to control Water and Ice. :P

senshi32

Gladiator0161

That's fine Wolfy and that's up to Hunter I guess Senshi.

I still need 2 girl characters though, if you're willing to play a female character.

I'd love to have you Askie, if you're still interested.

Pumpkin Seeds

Wolfy

Rachubka

senshi32

Gladiator0161

Yup I guess so Senshi, welcome aboard.
You too Askie, Rachubka and Wolfy XD.

Alright so we currently have 3 guys and I'm assuming two girls. One more spot is open. Anyone else that's interested can play bad guys if they want. I'm not denying anyone interested in the thread, lol.

I was thinking about maybe making this a long term RP and adding a StarGate twist to it. How does that sound everyone?

Pumpkin Seeds

senshi32

sounds good

i want control over Thunder/Electricity & Rock/Earth

Gladiator0161

Sorry Senshi, no more than two abilities, any more and we're treading on "god mode". Which isn't fun for anybody.

As for the StarGate twist...I was thinking of the base either assembling or finding a peice of technology that acts like the Star Gate and sends people to other worlds.

I can think up of all kinds of situations to put our characters in, lol.
I might need a little help with the actual physics, if we want to go that far, and technology.

Same spiel as the show though, we're sent out to find allies and technology.

Pumpkin Seeds

senshi32

no, thunder and electricity are one, and earth and rock are my second, like earth could also be like nature, so i wanted to put i just control the rock part.

Gladiator0161

Oh ok, lol

I thought you were meaning control over electricity, plants and rock for some reason, lol.

Ok, so, I guess as soon as you guys post your bio's on here, I'll put up a thread and we'll just use this as our OOC thread. Is that ok with everyone?

SinXAzgard21

If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Korbl

or maybe two more? interesting set up.

and nice... avatar, sig and name, graverobber.
Ons/Offs

My A&As

Find out where I've journeyed
on the Map of Human Sexuality!

Gladiator0161

I have room for a female character and if the other person would like, that person could play the leader of the bad guys or maybe an ally to the Rangers.

I'd leave the creation of said leader bad guy up to that person, as well as technology, appearance, army size and set up. Should anyone choose the bad guy leader role, ofcourse.

Unless ofcourse, that person doesn't want to make all that up and just play the leader, cause that's fine too. I can go either way

The thought of fighting mummy ninja things though is something I'm deeply desiring to do atleast once in this thread, lol.

With those thoughts I leave the decision up to you Korbl and Graverobber21.