GM/Director Wanted.

Started by Zeth, February 22, 2015, 02:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadPanda

Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Crash

Any more room or all booked up?

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Zeth

Yeah, we got room for one more. Post your character here.

Crash

I will post a character tonight.

You. Okay with a guy that has a couple of clockwork six-shooters?  Mix a little gun-fu in with his Kung-fu?

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Zeth

Yes, that is fine. Just have his Action! trait reflect that.

Crash

Crash

Character creation might have to wait one more day.  I have the basics, but need to work on my background.

Zeth

Crash, you are over thinking this.

Crash

No I just ran out of time last night with homework and haven't gotten off work yet to throw a little background together.

Crash

Name:  Ju-long, The Wandering Monk
Motivation: Protect the Weak and Punish the Wicked 5
Action!: Six-gun Shaolin Style 4
Profession: Clockwork Youxia 3
Weakness:  Sake! 1

Background: Ju-long grew up among the rail camps.  He lost his parents at a young age, but found a mentor and master in Brother Fu a former Shaolin monk scattered to the winds by the Dynasts and flung to the far west.  Brother Fu was old but spry and could do the work of man men half his age.  Ju-long mimicked the old man’s behavior and earned his trust.  Brother Fu taught him the arts and ways of Shaolin Wushu as they worked the rails for the Governor.
Working the rails in the Rockies is a nasty business.  The Governor cares little for the workers and there was always the threat of tunnels collapsing, being caught in an explosion or simply being worked to death.  It was a tunnel collapse that altered Ju-long’s fate.  Brother Fu and a group of miners were trapped when the Governor ordered the use of unstable dynamite to further speed process of tunneling for the railway.  The Governor’s overseers refused to order a rescue even with evidence that the men inside were still alive.

It was the last straw for the workers and Ju-long led a revolt against the overseer and the Governor’s guard.  The revolt failed miserably.  Ju-long and the other leaders of the revolt were knocked unconscious and set near the collapse where the overseer and his men laid new charges and blow the tunnel killed the conspirators and the men trapped inside they were trying to save…only Ju-long did not die.  His arms were crushed and his body broken, but he was pulled from the wrecked tunnel by workers after the overseer left.

Ju-long was brought to camp where he was filled with opiate to lessen his pain while the men waited for his death.  Word of this reached the overseer, but instead of finishing Ju-long off he gave the young man to a Hack Tao to experiment on.  The Hack Tao rebuilt his arms in clockwork and replaced some of his internal organs, but when the surgeries were over Ju-long killed his tormentor and escaped.  Since then he has been wandering from camp to camp in his shaolin robes, straw hat and six-shooters meeting out justice against the Governor’s men.  His has added a number of surprises to his clockwork arms and is just as deadly with them as he is with his pistols.

Zeth

Perfect! Feel free to jump into the game  and start dispensing justice!