TIME Magazine's Most Influential Person of 2009

Started by TheWriter, April 28, 2009, 08:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trieste

"I would remind anyone who doubts the results that this is an Internet poll," [Tyrangiel] says. "Doubting the results is kind of the point."

*dies laughing* Way to go, mister Editor. :)

Sabby

...is it wrong that I don't know who Moot is?

TheWriter

Quote from: Sabby on April 28, 2009, 10:11:59 AM
...is it wrong that I don't know who Moot is?
Moot, aka. Christopher Poole, is a 21-year old college student and founder of the online bulletin board known as 4chan.org.

Sabby

A search gave me a catgirl in pink t and panties...

Oniya

Moot also happens to be the name of the unit in Darkon that my husband was part of.  ;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on April 28, 2009, 11:54:42 AM
A search gave me a catgirl in pink t and panties...
Moot –adjective
1.    open to discussion or debate; debatable; doubtful: a moot point.
2.    of little or no practical value or meaning; purely academic.
3.    Chiefly Law. not actual; theoretical; hypothetical.
–verb (used with object)
4.    to present or introduce (any point, subject, project, etc.) for discussion.
5.    to reduce or remove the practical significance of; make purely theoretical or academic.
6.    Archaic. to argue (a case), esp. in a mock court.
–noun
7.    an assembly of the people in early England exercising political, administrative, and judicial powers.
8.    an argument or discussion, esp. of a hypothetical legal case.
9.    Obsolete. a debate, argument, or discussion.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Bliss

That is totally fantastic.

I wonder if this is better or worse than the cop-out of their most influential person being You?
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

HairyHeretic

Saw an article on Wired that said Anonymous hackers managed to *ahem* unduely influence the results.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Bliss

*grin* The time article claims that it successfully quashed the attempted hacks.

OMG HAX!
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

HairyHeretic

Apparently the first letter of the top 21 people spells out MARBLECAKE something or other, which is a 4chan inside joke.

I believe the first hack was caught, but the next one ...

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Bliss

Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

HairyHeretic

I think it had to be a real person to be eligible to be voted for.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Bliss

Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Oniya

Quote from: HairyHeretic on April 30, 2009, 02:22:57 PM
Apparently the first letter of the top 21 people spells out MARBLECAKE something or other, which is a 4chan inside joke.

I believe the first hack was caught, but the next one ...

Well I'll be - It does!  'Marblecake also the game' (whateverthehell that means.)

I'm going to go with the Wired article.  That's just too statistically improbable to be legitimate.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Bliss

Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Trieste

consortium11

Quote from: Bliss on April 30, 2009, 02:33:42 PM
The game? Aw hell. *just lost the game*

I hate you.

I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you.

It must have been a good 2 weeks since I last lost damnit!

Yes... I also lost the game.

Rhapsody

|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

consortium11

Quote from: Inkidu on May 02, 2009, 07:41:22 PM
Game?  :-\

Don't ask. If you ask I'm legally required to tell you about it... and then your life as you know it is over.

Inkidu

Quote from: consortium11 on May 02, 2009, 08:00:56 PM
Don't ask. If you ask I'm legally required to tell you about it... and then your life as you know it is over.
Too late there's a question mark at the end of my last post before the confusy face.

consortium11

Quote from: Inkidu on May 02, 2009, 08:34:18 PM
Too late there's a question mark at the end of my last post before the confusy face.

Ok, you asked for it.

1) As soon as you are told about the game you are playing the game.

2) You cannot stop playing the game for any reason.

3) As soon as you think about the game you lose. Someone says "Did you catch the game last night?" and you think about the game... you lose. Someone says "I lost at..." and you think about the game you lose.

4) Once you have lost the game you must immediately announce that you have lost. Something along the lines of "Damnit! I just lost the game" or a variation on such will be acceptable

5) Once you have lost the game you have a half hour free period where you can think about the game as much as you like without losing.

Now, seeing as you have no doubt thought about the game while reading this...

You just lost the game...

Sabby

Quote from: Urban DictionaryMarble Cake may be used as either a noun or a verb; however, in either context it describes the action of a man anally penetrating either a man or a woman and ejaculating inside of said person. Afterwards the person on the receiving end defecates. If the defecator is a man, he then masturbates into his own feces.

Finally, the resulting mass of feces and ejaculatory fluids is put on a platter and one or both parties partake of the "cake."

You are all strange, strange people.

Inkidu