New Justice! (A Future Justice League RP) (Recruitment currently closed)

Started by HeavenAbove, October 05, 2013, 08:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AribethAmkiir

Not sure if there's any room left, but here's hoping:

Name: Moira Laura Queen
Alias: Green Arrow
Parents: Unknown.  Adopted daughter of Oliver Queen and Dinah Lance. 
Powers/Abilities/Skills:
Laura is a gifted acrobat.  She has been trained by her father, her half-brother (Connor Hawke) and Mia Drearden in archery, and is nearly as proficient with a bow as her late father.  Oliver, Ted Grant, and Dinah Lance instructed her in numerous martial arts.  Oliver has also shared with Moira his recipe for Green Arrow Chili, the basics in aviation, politics, hunting, and swordsmanship.  While Dinah has taught Moira how to conduct an investigation and tactically analyze a situation.
Visual Appearance:
Images

Moira is a young, athletic woman standing at 5’6” and weighing 130 lbs.  She has green eyes and blond hair, typically worn in loose or in a tight tail.  While not the natural daughter of Oliver Queen or Dinah Lance, she does have a passing resemblance to the couple. 

Personality: Moira is a confident and strong young woman.  While she possesses some of the thrill-seeking ways of her late father, she grew up knowing how fortunate she had been that Oliver had found and adopted her.  From an early age, she has taken it upon herself to attempt to right her father’s wrongs and to redeem the Queen name.  She has adopted her father’s passion and intensity, yet it has been tempered by Dinah Lance’s mentorship. 

History: Oliver found an abandoned and starving Moira amongst the refuse of the refugee camps after the destruction of Star City.  After several days of searching, Oliver decided to adopt the baby as his own and try his hand at parenting once again.  He promised to the child that he wouldn’t fail her like he had Roy or Connor.  Despite this promise Oliver was an absentee father more often than not which left much of Moira’s upbringing to the young Mia Drearden, better known as Speedy, a relationship that turned more into that of sisters than anything else.

Moira’s younger years were filled mostly with travel as Oliver continued to pursue his own interests.  She first picked up a bow in order to gain her father’s attention and with Mia’s teaching she became proficient enough to gain Oliver’s notice.  From that point on, Oliver personally took over Moira’s lessons which included acrobatics, martial arts, and swordplay.  While Oliver wasn’t exactly the father Moira needed, he was an excellent mentor, at least, until the day of his permanent death.  Moira was fourteen.
After Oliver’s death, Mia tried to raise Moira on her own, but her failing health made her contact Black Canary.  Dinah was reluctant, at first, to have anything to do with Moira.  She still had unresolved issues with Oliver and the discovery of his adopted daughter only opened old wounds.  Dinah setup a temporary arrangement with her longtime friend and former mentor, Ted Grant.  For the next several months, Moira lived and trained with Ted while attending the local high school.  Dinah periodically checked in on Moira’s progression and began to cultivate a mother-daughter relationship with the girl.  After four months, Dinah formally adopted Moira.

Dinah became the mother Moira needed and helped her come to grips with Oliver’s death.    When Speedy died of AIDS, Dinah helped Moira overcome that loss, as well.  After Moira turned eighteen, Dinah began to introduce Moira to various members of the super-hero community.  It was at this time that Moira first met Connor Hawke.  Connor, much like Dinah beforehand, was standoffish and weary of Moira, despite Moira’s desire to know Oliver’s son.  Connor eventually allowed Moira to accompany him as the newest Speedy.  Together they put an end to several drug cartels, smuggling rings, and other low-level thugs.

Sexual Ons: Adventure, excitement, older men, toys, mild bondage, cosplay, rough sex, and “happy sex”.
Sexual Offs: Blood, serious injury, scat, pain, domination, and humiliation.

Batman4560

Ha, I had thought about doing a very similar type of character with the same parents. I love her already!

HeavenAbove

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on October 07, 2013, 10:09:18 PM
Not sure if there's any room left, but here's hoping:

Name: Moira Laura Queen
Alias: Green Arrow
Parents: Unknown.  Adopted daughter of Oliver Queen and Dinah Lance. 
Powers/Abilities/Skills:
Laura is a gifted acrobat.  She has been trained by her father, her half-brother (Connor Hawke) and Mia Drearden in archery, and is nearly as proficient with a bow as her late father.  Oliver, Ted Grant, and Dinah Lance instructed her in numerous martial arts.  Oliver has also shared with Moira his recipe for Green Arrow Chili, the basics in aviation, politics, hunting, and swordsmanship.  While Dinah has taught Moira how to conduct an investigation and tactically analyze a situation.
Visual Appearance:
Images

Moira is a young, athletic woman standing at 5’6” and weighing 130 lbs.  She has green eyes and blond hair, typically worn in loose or in a tight tail.  While not the natural daughter of Oliver Queen or Dinah Lance, she does have a passing resemblance to the couple. 

Personality: Moira is a confident and strong young woman.  While she possesses some of the thrill-seeking ways of her late father, she grew up knowing how fortunate she had been that Oliver had found and adopted her.  From an early age, she has taken it upon herself to attempt to right her father’s wrongs and to redeem the Queen name.  She has adopted her father’s passion and intensity, yet it has been tempered by Dinah Lance’s mentorship. 

History: Oliver found an abandoned and starving Moira amongst the refuse of the refugee camps after the destruction of Star City.  After several days of searching, Oliver decided to adopt the baby as his own and try his hand at parenting once again.  He promised to the child that he wouldn’t fail her like he had Roy or Connor.  Despite this promise Oliver was an absentee father more often than not which left much of Moira’s upbringing to the young Mia Drearden, better known as Speedy, a relationship that turned more into that of sisters than anything else.

Moira’s younger years were filled mostly with travel as Oliver continued to pursue his own interests.  She first picked up a bow in order to gain her father’s attention and with Mia’s teaching she became proficient enough to gain Oliver’s notice.  From that point on, Oliver personally took over Moira’s lessons which included acrobatics, martial arts, and swordplay.  While Oliver wasn’t exactly the father Moira needed, he was an excellent mentor, at least, until the day of his permanent death.  Moira was fourteen.
After Oliver’s death, Mia tried to raise Moira on her own, but her failing health made her contact Black Canary.  Dinah was reluctant, at first, to have anything to do with Moira.  She still had unresolved issues with Oliver and the discovery of his adopted daughter only opened old wounds.  Dinah setup a temporary arrangement with her longtime friend and former mentor, Ted Grant.  For the next several months, Moira lived and trained with Ted while attending the local high school.  Dinah periodically checked in on Moira’s progression and began to cultivate a mother-daughter relationship with the girl.  After four months, Dinah formally adopted Moira.

Dinah became the mother Moira needed and helped her come to grips with Oliver’s death.    When Speedy died of AIDS, Dinah helped Moira overcome that loss, as well.  After Moira turned eighteen, Dinah began to introduce Moira to various members of the super-hero community.  It was at this time that Moira first met Connor Hawke.  Connor, much like Dinah beforehand, was standoffish and weary of Moira, despite Moira’s desire to know Oliver’s son.  Connor eventually allowed Moira to accompany him as the newest Speedy.  Together they put an end to several drug cartels, smuggling rings, and other low-level thugs.

Sexual Ons: Adventure, excitement, older men, toys, mild bondage, cosplay, rough sex, and “happy sex”.
Sexual Offs: Blood, serious injury, scat, pain, domination, and humiliation.

Thank God! Someone decided to make a child of those two! Easily one of my favorite DC pairings (ok so she is 'adopted' but still)

Perfect! Accepted :)

apygoos

so we actually have someone else outside Batman and Harley that is taking a legacy name, heh. I'm really liking this lineup.

Latooni Subota

Wow, we have a lot of non-super heroes I noticed. :O
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

HeavenAbove

True, but all things considering, the roster seems well rounded.

Batman4560

apygoos

i love these power levels.
and I love that I finally have a GL to play :D [and ship dick x babs at the same time ;) ]

HeavenAbove

I will forever ship Dick and Babs, no matter where DC takes them.

ladia2287

Same. I always kind of feel like Dick is cheating whenever he pairs up with anyone other than Barbara

apygoos

even if Dick is only alive right now for some reason because Owlman insisted that Dick remains alive...
Forever Evil Issues 1 and 2 spoilers
His identity ..just..how can they do that? they pretty much just compromised the entire Bat family minus Babs.
my ONLY guess on that..is he knows Batman is alive and he wants bait..other than that..im clueless.
With the titans sucked off in time..Bats, Cat, Vic [assuming her gets repaired] and Babs should look for Jason and the outlaws.
Dont worry, StarSlutfire is with the outlaws now, and has 0 memory of Dick and the Titans.

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: HeavenAbove on October 07, 2013, 10:18:20 PM
Thank God! Someone decided to make a child of those two! Easily one of my favorite DC pairings (ok so she is 'adopted' but still)

Perfect! Accepted :)

Thanks.  I didn't want to completely recon canon so it took me a little while to figure out how to do it, but I think her history works.

@Batman4560: glad you like.  Interested in hearing how your character differs.

Batman4560

Well he was going to be the son of Arrow and Canary. Also he would have had a minor form of the sonic screech. Aside from that basic situation dead on.

AribethAmkiir

Moira will have a "Canary Scream" arrow.  Using the same technology that Dinah used when she temporarily lost her powers.

Batman4560

MzHyde

Profile completed. I removed some of her powers and gave her some nifty equipment instead, sort of her own version of Wonder Woman's bracelets.

HeavenAbove

Quote from: apygoos on October 07, 2013, 10:51:15 PM
even if Dick is only alive right now for some reason because Owlman insisted that Dick remains alive...
Forever Evil Issues 1 and 2 spoilers
His identity ..just..how can they do that? they pretty much just compromised the entire Bat family minus Babs.
my ONLY guess on that..is he knows Batman is alive and he wants bait..other than that..im clueless.
With the titans sucked off in time..Bats, Cat, Vic [assuming her gets repaired] and Babs should look for Jason and the outlaws.
Dont worry, StarSlutfire is with the outlaws now, and has 0 memory of Dick and the Titans.

I actually like Starfire... granted yes things did end between her and Dick, but still.. I like her. RotO is actually one of DC's stronger titles right now imo.

apygoos

it really is, i like the outlaws, just dont like how they messed with Starfires character.

HeavenAbove

True, the new 52 reboot didn't really dish out goodness all around, but they didn't completely trash her either.

Also, great app MzHyde, love it, accepted!

Wajin

How are we gonna handle the fact that they all pretty much have to know eachother from the start? I mean... I don't quite see the Justice League keeping their children from one another...
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

apygoos

well:
half this team are children of reformed villains.
well almost half, but a sizable enough amount that..
i say we should launch OOC and discuss there.
we have an interesting crowd, and am open to relationship building.

HeavenAbove

Not all of them will be aware of each other.

Though you do have a good point. For instance. Damian will know Skylar and Alexa mostly because of his connection with Dick and Barbara.

Though a lot of the new members will be coming out of left field like Holly and Deirdre who come from super villain parents.

Yes they might know 'of' each other but not everyone will 'know' each other on a personal level. Most of the members will be meeting for the first time after the funeral of Bruce.

I am about to put up an OOC page for the group and a Character Sheet page for the group as well. I will need everyone to transfer their character sheet over to that page so we can keep track of everything in a nice and neat list.

Which reminds me. I need to do one for Damian :)

AribethAmkiir

Do I need to add equipment for my character or are "trick arrows" and a bow assumed?

HeavenAbove

No, I think it's implied that Green Arrow has a wide array of equipment :P

ladia2287

Quote from: HeavenAbove on October 08, 2013, 01:02:40 AM
Not all of them will be aware of each other.

Though you do have a good point. For instance. Damian will know Skylar and Alexa mostly because of his connection with Dick and Barbara.

Though a lot of the new members will be coming out of left field like Holly and Deirdre who come from super villain parents.

Yes they might know 'of' each other but not everyone will 'know' each other on a personal level. Most of the members will be meeting for the first time after the funeral of Bruce.

I am about to put up an OOC page for the group and a Character Sheet page for the group as well. I will need everyone to transfer their character sheet over to that page so we can keep track of everything in a nice and neat list.

Which reminds me. I need to do one for Damian :)

If the group is Damien's idea, then why not set up a 'meet and greet' for them all, where he explains what the group's role will be and what he expects of them, and gives everyone a chance to get to know each other? Seems the most logical way to get the group going...