GM for 5-Player Werewolf: the Forsaken (Looking for Group)

Started by ultraperv9000, March 18, 2015, 02:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ultraperv9000

Angry face because werewolves be angry! Rawr!

Game:

• This is a Werewolf: the Forsaken Second Edition game, and will be posted under Extreme, solely because of the fantastic amount of gory violence inherent to this setting. I do not like non-con, but seduction with the aid of mechanical powers is an option.
  • This RP is open to all genders, orientations, you name it, you can be in it. 
  • Short Summary of Player Roles and General Story/Plot. The characters are seemingly normal people, until their lives spin out of control, and they undergo their First Change beneath one of Luna's five faces. Each player is a Werewolf of one of the five Auspices, ideally one of each. The story is about the tumultuous beginnings of a "blessed pack"; their early trials, tribulations, bonding, conflict, and eventual cohesion into a unit that is closer than family. 
  • Contemporary Earth in the World of Darkness, set in the city of New Orleans (I live close to New Orleans and know the area very well). 
  • Play begins with a PM-played Prelude, which details your First Change, and discovery by the Green Cypress Protectorate. Your characters meet each other on Protectorate tur (neutral grounds), and character interaction begins! The fate of the pack is etched in Shadow, and their doom unfolds towards victory or death by the light of the god/dess Moon.
  • Create your character using base creation rules located in Werewolf: the Forsaken Second Edition, with some variants. You technically start as a Ghost Wolf, but given that you are newly-Changed, no one's holding it against you. No extra Experiences are given at start, and you may not raise your Primal Urge with starting Merit points. Your starting Harmony is 9, you do not start with any dots of Rites, and you may only start with your Moon Gift, gained at the moment of First Change. Additionally, you may not begin play with any Renown above one dot.
  • I'd like everyone to try and avoid having anything at four or five dots to start, with the exception of Attributes. Be sure to PM me your point allocations, along with a character background that ought to be in the neighborhood of four to six paragraphs. But if you're more concise, or if you want to write more, that's fine, as long as you give me a good idea of what the character's past, circumstances, and personality are like. Feel free to come up with your own Blood and Bone Archetypes, as the ones in the book are by no means comprehensive. We'll come up with Willpower regain conditions for just about anything.   
  • All you will need is a copy of Werewolf: the Forsaken Second Edition, which is available on DriveThruRPG for $20.   
  • Game Pacing. I like scenes to last as long as they need to, especially "downtime" character interaction scenes. However, on active hunt scenes and plot scenes, I like things to move more quickly. Downtime scenes are considered "time-locked" for the purposes of the passage of time; that is, time passes at the rate that it would in the course of a conversation, unless an advance of time is specifically stated. During plot and hunt scenes, however, it is assumed that the action will move from point to point without much posting involved.   
  • Werewolves are passionate, vivacious creatures, and some sexual interest is certainly expected, but by no means required. I would prefer if one-on-one sexual scenes go to PMs between the players, but if everyone's joining in for some reason? Sure, go hog-wild! I just want to avoid awkwardness, both IC and OOC.   
  • I'd like everyone to be involved, so I won't be using tagging. I'd like everyone to pay equal attention to what's going on.   
Game Master Info / GM(s) Participation Level

• Since I'm only running for five people, a co-GM will not be needed, at least, as far as I can tell.
  • How guided will the play be(sandbox, directed etc)? Play will be vastly determined by the choices the players make. There are some static elements out there, but Forsaken is a sandbox game, first and foremost. Antagonists are everywhere, and reasons for plot to develop are equally abundant. All it requires is that the players step into the mess!
  • Players are heavily encouraged, and to some degree expected, to come up with backgrounds and Aspirations that tie into the overall framework of the setting. That the players will use environment details is a given, and is encouraged. Creating the setting details is going to be a collaborative process, though I will be coming up with the core and skeleton of the various Influences and supernatural beings that are not the player characters and their associated Wolf-Blooded and human NPCs.
  • Most NPCs will be played by me, the Storyteller, but the NPCs that are created as part of the pack generation process will be created and played by the players. Feel free to post those NPCs along with yours.
  • I will be paying attention to threads as much as possible, taking plot and hunt requests, and running them one at a time, to avoid confusion.   
  • There will be an OOC thread, mainly so that players can voice questions, comments, complaints, and delicious GM praise. :) Don't be shy about complaints, voice them before they become a problem!
  • Players may post in the OOC thread with questions and comments, but if they have a private question, it should be PMed to me, with [Green Cypress] in the title somewhere.
  • Decisions will be resolved with dice, as this is the fairest way to use the system. 
  • PvP is allowed, and in fact encouraged where tensions run hot, as werewolves are passionate, violent creatures. However, in the interest of avoiding long combats, I would vastly prefer that players narrate fights, and agree on what will happen to either character. Barring that, use the Quick and Dirty Combat Rules. Given that one of the cardinal rules of Werewolf society is 'no murdering other werewolves', actually killing another player character will result in the killer's swift and merciless death. So keep that in mind! In Character Actions = In Character Consequences! 
Additional:

• I have taken the Oath of the Drake, and encourage other players to do so as well. 
  • Please take note of other players' Offs. Continual, deliberate disrespect of these Offs will result in your character's grisly, horrible, un-fun death, and you'll be booted!   
  • Player Participation Expectations. (Posts/week expected. Methods for reporting a possible absence/The method used to remove drop-outs from the game.) I expect players to be both active and proactive. Werewolf packs are very tight-knit and watchful of each other, so extended absences are very stressful IC. Report absences in the OOC thread, but going in, decide whether or not you're going to be active before you join, and be honest with yourself. As long as you're monitoring threads for activity, joining hunt and plot scenes and being active within them, and at least mentioning your presence in downtime scenes, everything is good. Mysteriously not showing up at all to a pack engagement more than maybe twice without noting your absence will put your character on the chopping block.   
  • I only want five players at a time. If someone has to leave, someone else can join, and either play the existing character, or create a new one of the same Auspice. 
  • I vastly prefer Third Person Limited. Meta-posting should be kept to a minimum, and in the best of all worlds, not there at all. Try as much as possible to express meta-posts such as character thoughts and inner monologue through non-verbal cues and the like. This doesn't mean that it's completely banned, especially when it can add depth to a post, but it should be expressed as something the other characters can see as much as possible.     

VioletPanda

Oh wow, I'm in! I was reading a bit more about it and character creation. It looked like there was more than 4 Auspices, unless the ones I'm looking at are fan-made. Will all those be available? If so, I'd like to play a female Suharrahu. I'm still kinda deciding, but that one seemed the most interesting.
Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

ultraperv9000

Oh, I'm only using the five Auspices; Irraka, Ithaeur, Elodoth, Cahalith, Rahu.

wander

Hia! :)

As said in the previous thread, I'm in and I'd like to play an Ithaeur Bone Shadow. I have some notes on the kind of character he'll be in my request thread if you need a little more info... I'll look into making a character sheet for the end of the week. :)

ultraperv9000

Quote from: wander on March 18, 2015, 05:00:16 PM
Hia! :)

As said in the previous thread, I'm in and I'd like to play an Ithaeur Bone Shadow. I have some notes on the kind of character he'll be in my request thread if you need a little more info... I'll look into making a character sheet for the end of the week. :)

Keep in mind that you guys are starting freshly First Changed werewolves, so you won't be starting in a Tribe. I want you guys to experience the full run of deciding between Tribes, which usually doesn't take that long if you're set on one or the other, anyway.

wander

*nods* Yeah, I did read that above, guess I was going a bit too fast there! xD

Will be dealing with Aspirations going into the story and how will they go over from before and after The First Change? As some mortal aspirations may be less applicable to the character once the Change occurs.

ultraperv9000

Quote from: wander on March 18, 2015, 05:12:02 PM
*nods* Yeah, I did read that above, guess I was going a bit too fast there! xD

Will be dealing with Aspirations going into the story and how will they go over from before and after The First Change? As some mortal aspirations may be less applicable to the character once the Change occurs.

Aspirations can be what the player wants to see happen to the character, just as much as they can be things that the character themselves wants. So feel free to make them kind of meta.

Rook Seidhr

In.

I haven't read WtF since it first came out, and I don't remember things like what the funny Auspice names mean, so gimme a day or so to grab and read WtF2e before I put my character pitch together please?

ultraperv9000

Quote from: Riveda on March 18, 2015, 05:58:04 PM
In.

I haven't read WtF since it first came out, and I don't remember things like what the funny Auspice names mean, so gimme a day or so to grab and read WtF2e before I put my character pitch together please?

Awesome, sure thing, Riveda!

ravinwulf

Rahu storm lord here folks. Long as there are no complaints

VioletPanda

Works for me! I'm leaning towards a Calalith (I don't know if I spelled that right).

My A/A PageMy O/Os

ravinwulf

Quote from: LukaWolf on March 18, 2015, 06:28:14 PM
   Works for me! I'm leaning towards a Calalith (I don't know if I spelled that right).

in truth it would be easier for us to all just to refer to the phase of the moon related to it.

VioletPanda

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: ravinwulf on March 18, 2015, 06:55:16 PM
in truth it would be easier for us to all just to refer to the phase of the moon related to it.
Certainly it would make my life easier.

VioletPanda

Crap I meant the I...the new moon one. Getting ready for work. Sorry,  I'm bad at multitasking. I can be either though if someone really wants to be a new moon werewolf  :D

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Rook Seidhr

If it's first come first served, I guess I'm stuck with half-moon?

Grrrrrrr. Not my favorite.

ultraperv9000

Quote from: Riveda on March 18, 2015, 07:59:56 PM
If it's first come first served, I guess I'm stuck with half-moon?

Grrrrrrr. Not my favorite.

Don't think anyone's claimed Rahu yet.

VioletPanda

Ravinwulf did. He picked storm lord too.

And if you'd rather not be half moon I will. :) I don't mind being that one because it'd be something new to try. :) Either New or Half moon works for me.

My A/A PageMy O/Os

ravinwulf

Sorry, i can play a different one f you prefer  riveda, but i dont remember what the rest are known for, in fact i will take the gibous as it fits my concept better, so pease feel free to take full moon.

VioletPanda

So, from my reading,  Forsaken seems to be set before  apocalypse and the blood started to dilute,  right?  Is it bad that I want to see the Ansu IE spider things so I can kill as many as I can in game. I Hate spiders...

My A/A PageMy O/Os

ChaoticSky

Quote from: LukaWolf on March 18, 2015, 11:10:55 PM
   So, from my reading,  Forsaken seems to be set before  apocalypse and the blood started to dilute,  right?  Is it bad that I want to see the Ansu IE spider things so I can kill as many as I can in game. I Hate spiders...
Old World of Darkness and New World of Darkness are entirely separate, for all intents and purposes there is no Apocalypse and there never was, or will be, and very large swaths of the lore have been changed.

wander

There were Spider-Hosts in the 1st edition of Forsaken though, however ultraperv has already said they have a preference to normal spirits and humans as enemies more than the Hosts. I like the Hosts tbh, they make very frightening enemies when done right and if you leave one alive, it's gonna grow in power, come back with more of it's kind and be pissed at you! xD

As far as classic world of darkness and new world of darkness go, I have in my head canon that when the old world of darkness fell to it's apocalypse, the God-Machine went active and created the new world of darkness to replace it.  8-)

ravinwulf

Actually the canon says cain reset the world and excluded himself from it. Cain te most powerful vampire, and god.

VioletPanda

Oh,  my mistake then. I haven't actually played much of either system. I've read some of the books,  but without using the knowledge...  *shrugs helplessly *

I'm still trying to imagine the shadow world. Is it at all like the game Limbo?  Because the only other thing in my head is Yugioh references to the shadow realm.  ;D

Also... WTF seriously, Cain from  VtM? I need to read more.

My A/A PageMy O/Os

wander

Quote from: ravinwulf on March 18, 2015, 11:31:49 PM
Actually the canon says cain reset the world and excluded himself from it. Cain te most powerful vampire, and god.

I don't wanna derail this thread...

Although...

There's no nwod link in canon to the old world of darkness. Also Caine isn't so prevelant in Gehenna. God and Lilith had parts to play (in the end where Caine plays more of a role, Lilith summons him up to get revenge though Lilith gets ultimately struck down by God before she can do so. There's also strong hints that Lilith was the Lady of Fate and the first Wraith to exist) though it seems the most canon explanation of what happened in Gehenna was the ending where the Antidiluvians rose up and devoured their progeny. Although talking about the ending of the classic lines, Werewolf and Demon seemed to be closely linked to it, because of the werewolves having their final battle with the Wyrm (which the PCs unlock), Metatron takes the Fallen who were willing to come along to recreate reality as it was shattered by the Wyrm in trying to maintain it's balance so a new better reality could be formed.

This new reality of course may or may not be the new world of darkness, because that was the end of the old world of darkness. :)