What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemingway

SC2 is a good RTS, but the story is atrocious.

Wolfy

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on December 06, 2010, 10:56:41 AM
SC2 is a good RTS, but the story is atrocious.
Blizzard along with Square-Enix are two companies that are no longer getting my money. They could be selling eternal salvation on a disc and I still wouldn't buy it.

In other news: I'm playing Darksiders. I said I never would but a friend of mine said I had to at least give it a fair shake and here's my view so far. It copies both well but is trying to do way too much and at times drops the ball. Oh, and it has an inappropriately bright color scheme for its subject matter. What's up with that?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

CaringGuy

Believe it or not, I actually quite enjoyed playing through Toy Story 3: The Video Game over the weekend.  Sure, it's another relatively easy and harmless cash-in, but the graphics were fantastic and I couldn't help but feel that warm and fuzzy 'nostalgic' feeling while playing it.  Getting to play as Woody while doing little minature open world missions was a lot of fun while it lasted, which wasn't terribly long.

Still a worthy rental in my book.  Maybe it's kind of weird, but I like some really light and childish things from time to time.  Helps relieve the tension that builds up from playing Invidictus and L4D2.

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Still playing Kane's wrath. Man it's got me pissed. I knew it was an expansion but oh boy does it expect you to remember every dirty little trick. Still, I love it.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Seraph

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Also on the plate are Trail of Cthulhu, Pathfinder, and Dresden Files!

Inkidu

Quote from: Seraph on December 08, 2010, 11:57:18 AM
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Also on the plate are Trail of Cthulhu, Pathfinder, and Dresden Files!
Dresden Files has a game?

Bentley

The Sims 3.

It's a good thing the game has no story. I'll play it for hours on end for a couple weeks and then forget about it for months at a time.

Sateru

Fallout 3.

I loved New Vegas (Aside from the plethora of glitches, good god!!!)
So, I decided to play this one.  Needless to say, I love it...  (Less glitches...  x3)
And...  this is the first game where I can rain down nuclear death upon all of those who dare defy me...
XD When I got the Experimental MIRV...  I fell madly in love, put it on God Mode and ran around with that weapon.

Rhedyn

Quote from: Bentley on December 09, 2010, 06:17:34 AM
The Sims 3.

It's a good thing the game has no story. I'll play it for hours on end for a couple weeks and then forget about it for months at a time.

I do the same thing with my Sims 2 game, for some reason I can't get used to the Sims 3 though I'll probably try again at some point when the mood strikes me. I like to build things  ;D

At the moment I'm playing Cataclysm on my pc and Red Dead Redemption on my xbox 360

*is also waiting to get my kinect controller*

Sabby

Got some games for my birthday :)

Black Ops, Force Unleashed 2, Two Worlds 2, Gray Matter, and Majun and the Forsaken Kingdom.

Only tried Black Ops and FU2 so far. FU2 is better then I expected, but is just FU1 with some shinier graphics and new levels.

Black Op's, though... that game just doesn't give a fuck. And you all thought Modern Warfare 2 was unrealistic, this shit had me riding a motorbike with a shotgun in one hand, somehow surviving 40 foot jumps, and then boarding a speeding humvee and using the turret to chew the pursuers apart.

And don't get me started on the new gore effects <3 Oh man... heads and limbs don't just come off, they're blasted to mince and bone ships, with a big spurt of blood. I've only played two hours, but I've also seen shotguns that shoot fire, dual wielding pistols and UZI's, and even jumping from a roof with them while shooting in slow motion like you're Max Payne.

Black Op's give specifically zero fucks.

Seto

Lets see
Arc rise fantasia Undub (Wii) Three bosses and I'll be done with it.
Disney Epic Mickey (Wii) EPIC!
Kingdom hearts Birth by Sleep (Psp) Fighting the S of V (People who've been in that fight know who I mean)
Chrono Trigger/Cross (Rom/Iso) Best rpg's ever!
God of War Ghost of Sparta (Psp) It's alright
Kirby's epic yarn (Wii) It's so cute
Donkey Kong country returns (Wii) It's fun
Final Fantasy XIII (Ps3) It's hard
and about a million more.

Seraph

Inkidu

Quote from: Seraph on December 09, 2010, 12:38:12 PM
Dresden Files has a Tabletop RPG out in print now.
Aw phooey... they're so expensive.

Brandon

Borderlands: GOTY edition. I picked it up out of a bargain bin for $20 last night and so far its been alright. I havnt decided whether Ill be giving it away for christmas or not though
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Inkidu

I'm actually bored out of my skull. Despite the few doses of C&C I get from Kane's Wrath (something that has to be sipped a mission at a time to maintain sanity) there's nothing else of merit coming out this year. I cry now.

Hemingway

Black Hand lines: most badass ever?

Anyway. Bad Company 2: Vietnam is coming on the 18th. It's 12,99 Euros on Steam. By comparison, Modern Warfare 2 MAP PACK were 9,99.

DICE wins content forever.

Brandon

Quote from: Inkidu on December 09, 2010, 04:39:28 PM
I'm actually bored out of my skull. Despite the few doses of C&C I get from Kane's Wrath (something that has to be sipped a mission at a time to maintain sanity) there's nothing else of merit coming out this year. I cry now.

Pull out an older game that you enjoyed. Thats what I do when I run out of new releases and its nice to experience the old stories now and then
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Inkidu

Gamestop was having a sale so I walked away with Battlefield: Bad Company, Fight Night Round 4, and Prince of Persia (That new one before Forgotten Sands).

Bentley

I just beat Modern Warfare 2. I loved it. The White House battle has to be one of the most intense battle sequences I've ever played.

Still reeling over Ghost and Roach. I wasn't expecting that at all.

Sabby

Well... I am about to be a PC gamer =3 Yes, it's finally happening. Broadband is being set up, and I just need a screen and power cord.

It's a core 2 duo, with 1.8 Ghz, 2 gb's a ram, and a 250 GB hard drive. Best birthday present ever, even if it is a hand me down.

PLEASE do not ask me any technical questions, I am simply quoting what was on the box, I have no idea what any of that actually means aside from it sounds fairly powerful. as long as I can play Half Life 2 and GTA4 I'm a very happy kitten.

Wolfy

Sounds about like my Laptop, which is only a scootch less powerful.

Brandon

Welcome to the master race Sabby!  :P

Generally speaking its expensive to be a PC gamer as every few years you have to switch out parts for better ones. Its also less conveinant as you have to update your software a lot. However  PC games tend to have tighter controls and much better graphics when compared with consoles and from my point of view PC ports of games are almost always better then the console versions

Wolfy

That is what Lara Croft looks like when Square Enix uses it's Crystal Tools engine to make the new Tomb Raider game. Holy. Sh*t.

Wether the game will be good or not, who knows...but damn. O_o