Interest Check for something WH40K-ish(Only 3 slots left!)

Started by Urbanzorro, April 14, 2010, 04:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Unholy Potato

Quote from: HairyHeretic on April 15, 2010, 06:15:22 PM
Ok. I'll have a dig through Disciples of the Dark Gods and see what fun stuff I can come up with.

Did GW retcon out a marines ability to get short term knowledge from someone by eating their brains? :)

I don't think so. They still have the acid spitting, three lungs, two hearts, bulletproof skin, breathing in space, blah blah blah. Or they did the last time I checked, anyway.

Though, if you're going fluffy (aka "Movie") marines, the inquisitors are so boned it doesn't even begin to be funny. Maybe I'll play mister meltagun for just that purpose. >_>

Quote from: Opheliac on April 15, 2010, 06:28:00 PM
Im whipping up a Chaos Lieutenant Alpha class psyker, but its taking me a while to write it. Im holding the spot. :)

Okay, yeah. I don't think it'd be very interesting playing against an Alpha class psyker. They blow up titans with a thought, sometimes they even destroy planets. Removes most of the conflict, unless we're going to be pulling in Culexus assassins and stuff.

HairyHeretic

You want a real fun gun?

Graviton gun. Only really seen in the hands of tech priests these days, but anything you zap with this immediately weighs ten times what it used to. Great for dealing with unstopable armour plated killing machines, and hilarious for zapping skimmers.

Notice they do not so much fly as plummet.  >:)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Urbanzorro

Lol. Personally as far as odd/cool WH40K tech goes I've alwasy been a fan of digital weapons. Though admitedly they would be something used by an inquisitor/planetary govenor. I may be away for a bit/on and off I'll try to keep the thread's character list as updated as possible, And will also have alot more time to iron things out later today.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

The Unholy Potato

Quote from: HairyHeretic on April 15, 2010, 06:33:30 PM
You want a real fun gun?

Graviton gun. Only really seen in the hands of tech priests these days, but anything you zap with this immediately weighs ten times what it used to. Great for dealing with unstopable armour plated killing machines, and hilarious for zapping skimmers.

Notice they do not so much fly as plummet.  >:)

Oh, yeah, it's a whole bucket full of fun, but I'm rather... skeptical that it'll be massively effective against Marines, even with their powered armor. It's hella heavy, yeah, but the more chaos-touched ones can punch guns off of tanks and ridiculous stuff like that. They're like a Space Marine's Space Marine, with gribbly bits.

Still, I appreciate the advice, and will certainly keep that possibility in mind, though I'm not sure I'd want to model a character around a fancy gun.

Urbanzorro

Dont worry about overpowered characters they will be balaned out :D

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

DeviantMunster

*blinks* Well, that totally sucks >.< The entire voting procession done in a matter of few hours while I was away... *grumbles* I'm a little confused on something however... what exactly is the plot of the game, precisely? Are there going to be horror elements, gory fighting, romance, and diplomacy/politics involved in the game? Or are we going to focus more on blowing the living crap out of each other?

Opheliac

Name: Esra Sheillkar
Sex: Female

Looks: Thin and pale, with abnormally odd color hair, Esra seems like a frail, fragile creature. She has no tattoos, and no insignia of any kind, binding her to any one flavor of fell power, but she writhes with pure psychic energy. Her armor is light in comparison to a Chaos Marine, but effective against most human firearms, the black leathers plated with ceramite underneith. She carries no guns, and instead depends on a force sword capable of extending itself with chain links, controlled by her psychic powers.

Wargear: Ceremite leathers (Equivilent to Best quality Xenomesh armor), Tal-Faern the Living Blade (Force sword capable of extending itself similar to Ivy from Soul Calibur's sword), Best quality Photo-contacts, Vox bead, Gruesome Talismans (Chaos Charms)

Bio: Esra has been a prodigal psyker all her life. At the age of 5, she was taken by the Black Ships to train her to become sanctioned, but the ritual could not hold. The Powers that Lie Beyond forced the sanctioning ritual to appear to bind her, and allowed her to train as a young girl. She quickly became very powerful, the Primaris Psycana eventually decreeing her too powerful for her own good, and tried to have her killed. All that remained of the anti-psyker kill team had to be removed with high pressure hoses from the walls and cielings of the complex.

Many centuries have past since then, and her power has only grown. Dealing with various Empyrean denizens, and the Powers themselves, she has decided to play as a neutral party, a mercenary to all sides.

Fighting Style: She uses her telekinesis powers to block, disable, maim, and otherwise force people up close to her, where she then unleashes Tal-Faern the Living Blade.

Psychic Powers:
Minor:
     Space Slip
     Open Wounds
     Call Item
     Chameleon
     Float
     Inflict Pain
     Weapon Jinx

Major: Telekinesis Discipline - Basic Techninique: Mind Over Matter
     Psychokinetic Storm
     Precision Telekinesis
     Force Bolt
     Telekinetic Crush
     Telekinetic Weapon
     Telekinetic Shield
     Force Shards
     Storm of Force
     Force Barrage
     Catch Projectiles

As a side note: You're right about alpha class... i just think it sounds cool. XD So I lowered the class title a bit.

CmdrRenegade

Would you consider allowing an Astartes seconded from the Deathwatch?
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Paladin

Quote from: CmdrRenegade on April 15, 2010, 11:39:42 PM

Hey I'll indeed welcome the help.  :) can he join... PLeeeeeeeeease!?

CmdrRenegade

Quote from: Paladin on April 15, 2010, 11:40:55 PM
Hey I'll indeed welcome the help.  :) can he join... PLeeeeeeeeease!?
It seems about right.  So far, our foe is a budding Chaos Space Marine Lord and an alpha class psyker/sorceror.  According to fluff, either one could flatten an Imperial Guard Company with no sweat and a Regiment with some effort. 

Now that I'm thinking about it some more, maybe a Deathwatch Librarian?
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Paladin

Quote from: CmdrRenegade on April 15, 2010, 11:51:31 PM
It seems about right.  So far, our foe is a budding Chaos Space Marine Lord and an alpha class psyker/sorceror.  According to fluff, either one could flatten an Imperial Guard Company with no sweat and a Regiment with some effort. 

Now that I'm thinking about it some more, maybe a Deathwatch Librarian?

Well Esinhorn could go toe to toe with the alphaclass. Most Inquisitor lords can.

Paladin

We need an untouchable. :) then the Psycker is no problem what so ever.

Cold Heritage

Quote from: CmdrRenegade on April 15, 2010, 11:39:42 PM

Shouldn't it be thirded? ;)

Why an Astartes from the Deathwatch? An Inquisitor can have reason enough to request aid directly from a Chapter Master, without having to poach from another Ordo's (I'm assuming that Paladin's character is from the Ordo Malleus) Chamber Militant, and even receive it. It might make more sense than asking to borrow a dedicated alien hunter to fight Chaos.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Opheliac

Read my sheet guys. :P Im delta class, not alpha.

If I was alpha, even untouchables would be toast.

Urbanzorro

Quote from: DeviantMunster on April 15, 2010, 06:51:13 PM
*blinks* Well, that totally sucks >.< The entire voting procession done in a matter of few hours while I was away... *grumbles* I'm a little confused on something however... what exactly is the plot of the game, precisely? Are there going to be horror elements, gory fighting, romance, and diplomacy/politics involved in the game? Or are we going to focus more on blowing the living crap out of each other?

YES.....I want this to have an actual plot with actual character development with romance, a bit of horror, maybe some gore, diplomacy ect ect.

The idea is you have the evil chaos minons out to take over the city, an inquisitor and his retune out to simply stop the taint and then a planetary govenor and his military commander trying to simply save the planet. Ideally there would be alot everything above, I wouldn't want this to be simply about lineing up and shooting at one another. Does that answer your question?

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Miles Trent

Hmm I was hoping for In The Guard to win the vote but I guess Ill sit with this one. I may be interested in one of the Chaos positions. Khorne Berzerker, perhaps, but their lack of subtlety may not be very suitable for the story. I would otherwise be interested in the PDF military commander.

I also have this idea to play out my interest as an Ork somewhere in there, but I cant come up with a good enough reason for him to be there. Maybe he could be having some sort of deal with Chaos or some other.
Using a real person's picture is like stealing their soul.... Consult your local roleplay doctor before proceeding. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

Urbanzorro

I'd gladly welcome you as the PDF Commander/ a chaos member if you can grab a slot (first characer posted first served basis). As far as the Ork I'd be willing to work with you as long as we can make it plausable.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Miles Trent

Well, since Orks are pretty much only interested in the fight, maybe the Chaos lord had promised him lots of it when the take over begins? I could make a smart big warboss or nob like Gorgutz in the first game and let him be 'temporary allies of convenience' with the Chaos forces. Say he could have crash landed on the planet with a few of his boyz, and since he found no other Orks to be there, he had to do something to save his skin until he could get away.
Using a real person's picture is like stealing their soul.... Consult your local roleplay doctor before proceeding. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

HairyHeretic

Ork Freeboota? Some of the Blood Axes are willing to do mercenary work, even for Imperial Governers with few morals.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

sinoraa

I was thinking about going tyranid, and i wondered. Do tyranid have individual thoughts? I know, their all connected to the hive mind, but i always thought it was much like, the geth in ME. Many minds seeing and hearing the same thing, but not necessarily, thinking or feeling the same. Now if that is the case i could actually play a tyranid connected to the hive mind. Tough if its a mindless puppet, i lose all interest in playing one. Choas and Space marines are nice, but my favorite is the Tyranids :P

CmdrRenegade

Quote from: Cold Heritage on April 16, 2010, 12:21:04 AM
Shouldn't it be thirded? ;)

Why an Astartes from the Deathwatch? An Inquisitor can have reason enough to request aid directly from a Chapter Master, without having to poach from another Ordo's (I'm assuming that Paladin's character is from the Ordo Malleus) Chamber Militant, and even receive it. It might make more sense than asking to borrow a dedicated alien hunter to fight Chaos.

Almost every time you see a Space Marine in an Inquisition story, he was seconded from the Death Watch.  I'm assuming this is because directly requesting aid from a Chapter Master would take longer and there are not guarantees the Chapter Master would cooperate. 
Quote from: Opheliac on April 16, 2010, 01:38:00 AM

My bad.  But with a Chaos Space Marine there, I think there needs to be one Astartes to match. 

Paladin

Quote from: Opheliac on April 16, 2010, 01:38:00 AM

No my dear an untouchable would not. Read the Esinhorn books for more information but if a full unbound daemonhost can't psychically touch an untouchable then an alphaclas wont do anything either. Untouchables are just that. They are psychicl blanks that powers do not affect.

Paladin

Quote from: sinoraa on April 16, 2010, 08:27:58 AM
I was thinking about going tyranid, and i wondered. Do tyranid have individual thoughts? I know, their all connected to the hive mind, but i always thought it was much like, the geth in ME. Many minds seeing and hearing the same thing, but not necessarily, thinking or feeling the same. Now if that is the case i could actually play a tyranid connected to the hive mind. Tough if its a mindless puppet, i lose all interest in playing one. Choas and Space marines are nice, but my favorite is the Tyranids :P

Unfortuantly my dear Tyranids are not even remotely playable. Thaey are like a swarm of locust eating everything in their path only in this swarm ever individual creature is actually linked to a greater mind. They are beasts witha a hive mentality. Great enemies... not so great PC characters.

sinoraa

HairyHeretic

How about a genestealer cult magus on the bad guys side? Ok, it's not quite Tyranids, but you'd have psychic abilities, fanatically loyal minions and telepathic control of purestrain stealers too :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die