X-Men Re-imagined - All welcome! - Could use more straight male chars, too!

Started by Orange Marmalade, May 18, 2014, 06:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yasarra

Quote from: Amelita on May 19, 2014, 07:05:31 PM
BAH

I keep changing my mind ><

yasarra, sorry about the back and forth.

I'm sticking to my Gambit interest claim.

That's fine.  But, only if you're sure. ;)  I'll make an OC and you can go Gambit.

Kuroneko

Quote from: Rave on May 19, 2014, 07:57:55 PM

Deadpool will be all up on that >_> You've been warned, haha.

All up on that how, exactly?  8-)

Quote from: MasterOfMyFate on May 19, 2014, 07:59:33 PM
I'm up for doing it like they do it on the Discovery Channel. ;)

LOL!
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Bloodied Porcelain

I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Rave

Quote from: Kuroneko on May 19, 2014, 08:04:34 PM
All up on that how, exactly?  8-)

LOL!

Let's just say he's not taking the class for the 'Self Defense' portion.

Just don't be surprised if you find yourself suddenly teleported to the nearest closet, mid-class and everything  ;)

SpiralSpider

Heeheeeheee.... I'm so excited for this OC I've been working on. She should be fun. And, perhaps, a little annoying.
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on May 19, 2014, 08:06:20 PM
WIP
BASIC INFO:
Legal Name: Sinead "Sin" Allerdyce
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: Pyro
Citizenship and other legal info: Australian/American (dual citizenship)
Place of Birth: Sydney, Australia
Education: Some Highschool

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 115 lbs
Hair color: Orange/Yellow
Eye color: Blue
Ethnicity: White
General Appearance: At first glance, all anyone tends to see of Sin is her hair. Bleached and then dyed a bright fluorescent orange with yellow tips, it

OTHER INFORMATION:
Orientation:
Ons/Offs:
Goals:
Wealth Level: (See spoiler below character sheet for possible values)
Personality:

SCHOOL INFO:
Classes Taken or Taught:
Year: (High school or college levels are available)
Club Memberships or Sponsorships:

STATS: (Stats are based on the old Marvel 'FASERIP' system, see Spoilers below the character sheet for possible values! Don't worry if you don't have answers for these, we will help you. All characters should be believable, no Mary Sues/Gary Stus. Original Characters should have nothing higher than Remarkable or possibly a single Incredible level. Feel free to leave this blank and I will fill it in and work with you.)
Fighting: xx - Agility: xx - Strength: xx - Endurance: xx - Reason: xx - Intuition: xx - Psyche: xx

POWERS: (Please list any powers your character has in the example format below. The more descriptive and exact the better, if you need help just ask! Please be reasonable. Original characters are limited to a single major power set/theme and it cannot be a direct copy of a Canon character.
POWER NAME1 - Power description here. Include skill level, limits, disadvantages, etc. The more detail you go into the better off you'll be in the long run. Example SUPER SPEED - : Quicksilver’s Superhuman Speed allows him to run at upwards of 770mph with effort and he can maintain this speed for several hours before needing to rest. He can also use this speed to do things like run across water or straight up walls given sufficient space to ramp up to full speed. His body is safe from friction and minor collisions at these speeds and he has no trouble breathing. (In other words, be as specific as you can.)
POWER NAME1 - Power description here.

ADVANTAGES: (Please list 1 to 5 non-skill based advantages your character may have.  These are things that fall outside of Superpowers. This may include things like a sharp sense of smell, being a light sleeper, quick non-superhuman reflexes, etc.)
ADVANTAGE1 - Description here
ADVANTAGE2 - Description here

DISADVANTAGES: (Please list 1 to 5 disadvantages your character may have. This may include things like being blind, a low alcohol tolerance, or a club foot. At least 1 Disadvantage is required per Advantage above.)
DISADVANTAGE1 - Description here
DISADVANTAGE2 - Description here

SKILLS: (Please list some things your character is good at, or at least has been trained and is competent at. This includes things like a fighting style, computers, repair, stunt driving, history knowledge, etc. There’s no limit to how many you can list, but these will be scrutinized base on history and background.)
SKILL1: - Description here

HISTORY:
Please include a history of your character includes how/when their powers manifested (Age 16 or older!) and anything else that helped to shape your character. Remember that this is a fresh start from the comics, and this is a great time to tone things down - Please avoid clones, alternate dimensions, warps of reality, and aliens.

Mmmm looks good. Was Pyro originally Australian? I was too young to be able to tell when the cartoons were around.
"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

Kuroneko

Quote from: Rave on May 19, 2014, 08:07:31 PM
Let's just say he's not taking the class for the 'Self Defense' portion.

Just don't be surprised if you find yourself suddenly teleported to the nearest closet, mid-class and everything  ;)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, dur.  I thought you meant he was going to tease her mercilessly about the student pheromone level, lol.

"Goddamit, Wilson!"

Rave

Yeah, Pyro was born in Sydney.

Quote from: Kuroneko on May 19, 2014, 08:09:52 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, dur.  I thought you meant he was going to tease her mercilessly about the student pheromone level, lol.

"Goddamit, Wilson!"

Also Lmao he wouldn't be Deadpool if he didn't! He just knows all the pheromones will be getting to her. *nodnod* and by his logic, he's irresistible. So its only natural that closet teleportation will be a thing. *sage nod*.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: MasterOfMyFate on May 19, 2014, 08:08:43 PM
Mmmm looks good. Was Pyro originally Australian? I was too young to be able to tell when the cartoons were around.

Yes he was :)
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

MasterOfMyFate

Master ON/OFF

Bloodied Porcelain

Rave

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on May 19, 2014, 08:16:34 PM
More than a hint, darling :)

In the shows at least, Pyro's accent was a heavy Australian one. If you've ever watched X-Men: Evolution (A fantastic show) you'll be able to hear it rather well.

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Kuroneko on May 19, 2014, 08:09:52 PM

"Goddamit, Wilson!"

I haven't even posted Daken yet! Then you'll see some pheromones :D

Divine Tenacity

All this talk about pheromones and no-one has mentioned the darling Jessica Drew...

Mmm... Spiderwoman.
Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Rave on May 19, 2014, 08:17:01 PM
In the shows at least, Pyro's accent was a heavy Australian one. If you've ever watched X-Men: Evolution (A fantastic show) you'll be able to hear it rather well.

Blegh... Evolution was one of the shows that kind of ruined X-Men for me. I'm a lil more old school that that xD

Rave

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on May 19, 2014, 08:20:53 PM
Blegh... Evolution was one of the shows that kind of ruined X-Men for me. I'm a lil more old school that that xD

Oh I'll totally grant you that the older show was way better. The only thing I didn't like about Evolution was the Apocalypse arc, they kinda botched that.

Divine Tenacity

Kuroneko

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on May 19, 2014, 08:18:37 PM
I haven't even posted Daken yet! Then you'll see some pheromones :D

LOL, no kidding!

*seconds the Old School X-Men vibe*

Rave

Ah, seems Domino is indeed in the works.

That settles it then!

I shall start creating the Iron Fist character sheet shortly.

Divine Tenacity

Spiderwoman WIP
BASIC INFO:
Legal Name: Jessica Drew
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: Arachne, Dark Angel, Spider-Woman
Citizenship and other legal info: American Citizen
Place of Birth: London, England
Education: Educational tapes during stasis; did not formally complete high school

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height:  5'10"
Weight: 130 lbs.
Hair color: Black (dyed)
Eye color: Green
Ethnicity: Caucasian
General Appearance: Loves tight jeans and various tops.

OTHER INFORMATION:
Orientation: Bisexual
Ons/Offs: See players O/O's
Goals: Simple, get revenge on Hydra who brainwashed her and kept her in stasis for god knows how long.
Wealth Level: 2- Poor: Jobs are few and far between in this market.
Personality: Loud, brash, sarcastic to a fault. Jessica has not had many chances to improve her attitude. Being in stasis for god knows how long definitely rubs a girl the wrong way. Though she is flashy on the outside, she still has a pretty hard time trying to make and keep friends.

SCHOOL INFO:
Classes Taken or Taught: AP Algebra, American Literature, Social Sciences, Open
Year: High School Senior
Club Memberships or Sponsorships: Member of the Historical Romance Novel club (ie: Book Club for Persons Who Love Reading Bawdy Tales)

STATS:
Fighting: 7- Incredible Agility: 8 - Amazing Strength: 7 - Incredible Endurance: 7 - IncredibleReason: 3 - TypicalIntuition: 7 - Incredible Psyche: 6- Remarkable

POWERS: (Derived from Marvel.com)
SUPERHUMAN STRENGTH, ENDURANCE, AND SPEED: Jessica possesses superhuman strength (can lift at least up to 7 tons), endurance and speed.

VENOM BLAST: Jessica can focus her bioelectric energy into "venom blasts" sufficient to stun or kill normal humans, and she can also adhere to almost any surface.

NATURAL RESISTANCES: Jessica rapidly forms an immunity to all poisons and drugs, and is totally immune to radiation.

FLIGHT: Jessica previously used the collapsible "wings" of her Hydra-designed costume to allow her to "fly" by gliding on air currents. She currently has full flight powers regardless of the costume.

ADVANTAGES: (Please list 1 to 5 non-skill based advantages your character may have.  These are things that fall outside of Superpowers. This may include things like a sharp sense of smell, being a light sleeper, quick non-superhuman reflexes, etc.)
Light-Sleeper - Jessica is capable of running on little to no sleep. 2 to 4 hours is enough for her each night.
Keen Eyesight - Jessica is able to see and observe what other might miss with a keen eye. It has helped her find her key details when her handlers would let her out to scan old Hydra tapes.

DISADVANTAGES:
Pheromones - Jessica's metabolism generates pheromones which attract human males while repulsing females, though she uses several "perfumes" that can nullify, enhance, or reverse this effect.
Amnesia - Jessica can barely remember anything from her past life. It frustrates her to get small glimpses and flashes of the past and not know what they mean. As far back as she could fathom, she was born just after steam was invented.

SKILLS:
EXPERT COMBATANT: - Trained by Taskmaster while on permitted sabbaticals by her Hydra handlers. Jessica's skills are without peer.

HISTORY:
In 1930 Spider-Woman was born Jessica Miriam Drew, daughter of Jonathan Drew and Merriam Drew in a lab built by her father and his research partner Dr. Herbert Wyndham just on the outskirts of London, England. Shortly before her birth, her mother was accidentally exposed to a lethal dose of uranium. In order to save his wife and unborn child, Dr. Drew injected his wife with an experimental counter-agent to uranium poisoning. The formula itself contained dominant DNA from several different species of spiders. Merriam recovered and several months later gave birth to Jessica. The labor was long and difficult and she needed up losing her life in the process.

Jessica seemed to be fine during her first six years of life, but due to the residual uranium hanging around the stagnant lab she soon contracted uranium poisoning herself. It was then Dr. Wyndham suggested placing Jessica in a genetic accelerator, promising the restorative effects would do greatly for Jessica's health. Dr. Drew agreed and soon a six- year old Jessica was placed into the machine to regain her vitality.

Grief stricken and now a broken man, her father leaves her in stasis and takes off for the U.S.A., leaving Jessica in Dr. Wyndham's care. Unfortunately the doctor had other plans and shipped the young girl to a secret Hydra facility in Germany's countryside in order to begin developing his own brand of super soldier.  All his efforts were obsolete with the eventual arrival of Captain America and Jessica was placed in the long term care of handlers who were instructed explicitly on how to nurture the young girl. The process of genetic acceleration and her altered DNA combined with the explicit care of her handlers slowed down Jessica's aging process, having her age at a very slow rate.

Once Wyndham and her old handlers passed on into the next life, Hydra's new management decided to take a greater interest in Jessica. She was soon allowed out for a week every year in order to train with Hydra agent Taskmaster, who taught her several types of martial arts, including capoeira, judo, boxing, and karate. He has also trained her in the uses of melee weaponry and firearms as well. Jessica re-emerged at the physical age of 15 as an Hydra assassin codenamed Arachne.

During her first six months of active freedom, Jessica preformed her duties as a Hydra agent with pin-point precision and flair. Soon she worked her way through the ranks to claim Hydra's elite assassin label, second only to Taskmaster himself. The only thing that kept Jessica from being ranked #1 Hydra assassin was accidentally overhearing her new handlers conversing about exactly what happened between her father and Dr. Wyndham. Turns out Dr. Wyndham had him murdered shortly before he left for the Americas. As soon as Jessica heard that bit of information, she knew that she had to make her escape.

Her opportunity came a year later and with the arrival of a freighter, Jessica stowed away on the boat and made her way to the Americas herself, completing the journey her dad could not. Since then, Jessica has kept low and under the radar, determined to stay one step ahead of Hydra. Whether or not she escaped the Hydra's many heads still remains to be seen.     

Divine Tenacity

Quote from: Rave on May 19, 2014, 08:29:11 PM
Ah, seems Domino is indeed in the works.

That settles it then!

I shall start creating the Iron Fist character sheet shortly.

WHOOOT!

-goes on swooning spree-

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: Midori Sadi on May 19, 2014, 08:37:15 PM
Spiderwoman WIP
BASIC INFO:
Legal Name: Jessica Drew
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: Arachne, Ariadne Hyde, Dark Angel, Dark Angel of San Francisco
Citizenship and other legal info: American Citizen
Place of Birth: London, England
Occupation: Adventurer, former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, private investigator, Hydra agent
Education: Education tapes during stasis; did not formally complete high school

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height:  5'10"
Weight: 130 lbs.
Hair color: Black (dyed)
Eye color: Green
General Appearance: Loves tight jeans and even tighter tops. Got to show off what her mama gave her!

OTHER INFORMATION:
Orientation: Bisexual
Ons/Offs: See players O/O's
Goals: Simple, get revenge on Hydra who brainwashed her and kept her in stasis for god knows how long.
Wealth Level: (See spoiler below character sheet for possible values)
Personality:

SCHOOL INFO:
Classes Taken or Taught:
Year: (High school or college levels are available)
Club Memberships or Sponsorships:

STATS: (Stats are based on the old Marvel 'FASERIP' system, see Spoilers below the character sheet for possible values! Don't worry if you don't have answers for these, we will help you. All characters should be believable, no Mary Sues/Gary Stus. Original Characters should have nothing higher than Remarkable or possibly a single Incredible level. Feel free to leave this blank and I will fill it in and work with you.)
Fighting: xx - Agility: xx - Strength: xx - Endurance: xx - Reason: xx - Intuition: xx - Psyche: xx

POWERS: (Please list any powers your character has in the example format below. The more descriptive and exact the better, if you need help just ask! Please be reasonable. Original characters are limited to a single major power set/theme and it cannot be a direct copy of a Canon character.
POWER NAME1 - Power description here. Include skill level, limits, disadvantages, etc. The more detail you go into the better off you'll be in the long run. Example SUPER SPEED - : Quicksilver’s Superhuman Speed allows him to run at upwards of 770mph with effort and he can maintain this speed for several hours before needing to rest. He can also use this speed to do things like run across water or straight up walls given sufficient space to ramp up to full speed. His body is safe from friction and minor collisions at these speeds and he has no trouble breathing. (In other words, be as specific as you can.)
POWER NAME1 - Power description here.

ADVANTAGE1 - Description here
ADVANTAGE2 - Description here

DISADVANTAGES: (Please list 1 to 5 disadvantages your character may have. This may include things like being blind, a low alcohol tolerance, or a club foot. At least 1 Disadvantage is required per Advantage above.)
DISADVANTAGE1 - Description here
DISADVANTAGE2 - Description here

SKILLS: (Please list some things your character is good at, or at least has been trained and is competent at. This includes things like a fighting style, computers, repair, stunt driving, history knowledge, etc. There’s no limit to how many you can list, but these will be scrutinized base on history and background.)

HISTORY:
Please include a history of your character includes how/when their powers manifested (Age 16 or older!) and anything else that helped to shape your character. Remember that this is a fresh start from the comics, and this is a great time to tone things down - Please avoid clones, alternate dimensions, warps of reality, and aliens.

Yoooo~ I love Spiderwoman!

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on May 19, 2014, 08:16:34 PM
More than a hint, darling :)

..... I WILL be seeing you in the rp.  >:)
Master ON/OFF

Orange Marmalade

FYI here's a brief bit of info that may assist with ages and aligning histories. Keep in mind mutants were very rare in the past, and we already have a couple 'older' mutants so I'd like to see some more young ones, especially of the high school ages if possible. This mansion needs some fresh faced brand-new-to-being-a-mutant feeling in the halls. :)

Background Info/Timeline:
Throughout much of recent history there's been rumors of weird people/mutants here and there, but not much in the way of anything confirmed, and things have a habit of.. disappearing. There has been the occasional mess, such as a mutant out of control, or a helpless non-human looking one being attacked, etc. but they usually end up covered up as something. Outside of a few very small exceptions, avoid mentions to SHIELD, other mutant organizations, or anything else that'd be considered otherworldly or strange. The feeling we're going for is Mutants are new, fresh, and the world is just starting to learn about them.

Timeline:
1941 - Captain America comes to the limelight, source of his powers never mentioned, later assumed mutant
1980-2000 - Mutant sightings/rumors rise, but things are still very quickly covered up
2006-2011 - Xavier gathers his first team, the original X-Men (Members: NPCs TBD) and trains them as Mutants become more common
2011-2015 - More visible mutants come to light, usually alone and letting power go to their heads. The X-Men are seen publicly and help take care of these problems as they arise, nobody seems to know where they're from. Rumors of the Brotherhood emerge.
2015-Current - As more Mutants come to light (though still very rare, one in a million), Xavier begins actively seeking out as many mutants as he can for the school, wanting to hone them, teach them to control their powers, and instill a sense of morality before they end  up trying to use their powers for evil.

SpiralSpider

Aaand, since we're allowed 2 characters, here's an OC idea. Still kinda a WIP, but far more fleshed out than Rogue.

BASIC INFO:
Legal Name: Katelyn Marie Jaeger
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: Lucifera, Divine Kaleidoscope, Lumen Seraphim, Iris
Citizenship and other legal info: US Citizen
Place of Birth: Waupun, Wisconsin
Education: Previously attended public school through her sophomore year in High School.

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height: 5'9
Weight: 157
Hair color: many
Eye color: gray
General Appearance: A girl of average proportions but an otherwise very unusual appearance, Katie has a lot of fun playing with her appearance. Her hair is fast-growing and permanently displaying all the colors of the rainbow. Like many people with gray eyes, hers change shades depending upon her mood and other colors around it. The rest of her is in more usual coloration, she's rather pale and burns easily in the sun, that is... if she didn't have means to shield herself from UV rays. She has a set of multiple white wings that are a constant part of her body.

OTHER INFORMATION:
Orientation: unsure
Ons/Offs: At the moment, she hasn't had much sexual attraction. Brilliant intelligence, creativity, thinking "outside the box" and loyalty draw her to other people. She also enjoys being around people who are justice-oriented, provided that they're not just goody two-shoes. She just needs someone to help her tap into the sexual aspects of herself. At which point she likely will end up being very unconventional and open-minded.
Goals: Graduate high school and become a functioning member of society. But if that fails, then mastering her powers and becoming a force for good works just as well.
Wealth Level: 1-Feeble (She's been disowned by her family and is destitute)
Personality: She's a bright girl, but not candy-sweet like you might assume she'd be by her appearance. Instead, she's rather eccentric and quiet, but speaks up if she feels she has something to say. She sees herself as something between Allison Reynolds from The Breakfast Club and Cheese from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. And she's fine with that personal assessment, though others might see her in a very different, perhaps even unsettling light.

SCHOOL INFO:
Classes Taken or Taught: Geometry, Physics, Self Defense, Photography, Weapon Use and Gadgetry 101, English Lit, Spanish - 2nd year
Year: High school Junior
Club Memberships or Sponsorships: Formed the school "Cultural Cooking" club - dedicated (formally) to exploring world cultures through their foods. Unofficially, it's mostly a bunch of couch potatoes getting together to cook and eat and chit chat.

STATS:
Fighting: 3-Typical - Agility: 4-Good (but 6-Remarkable when airborne) - Strength: 3-Typical - Endurance: 4-Good - Reason: 3-Typical - Intuition: 5-Excellent - Psyche: 2-Poor

POWERS:

Flight - Full, natural flight allowed through use of her wings. She cannot effectively hover in mid-air perfectly, all flying has to be controlled by the beating of her wings. She can sustain her flight for as long as the equivalent of walking/running would be - a slow, leisurely pace would hardly tax her, but flying fast would exhaust her as quickly as a fast run. Her flight can be affected by wind conditions.

Photokinesis - Katie's main ability is control of light. She can modify her sight to see into any visible - or normally non-visible spectrum. She can also summon light to her immediate area, even imbuing local objects with luminescence for some time. She has to remain in the area to make the objects continue to show light and it will fade shortly after she leaves the area or if the illuminated surface is large enough that it requires her full concentration. While the opposite is true, it's only to a degree - she can dim lights but not diminish them entirely.

Chromakinesis - Color is related to light and so, by manipulating the spectrum, she is able to change the color of objects temporarily. While this might seem to provide an advantage to disguise, it's mostly a parlor trick. The size, shape and other aspects of an object (or person, if affected) do not change.

Photon Burst - light is a form of energy and she has been able to find a way to project it to physical effect. It's a concentrated, burning ray of light energy which she usually manifests as either a single ray out from her hands or a halo effect that spreads outward in all directions. However, this ability is very new to her and it is very taxing. She has little control over it and while it has potential to be very powerful, it is extremely short lived. She has never been able to manifest her ray attacks for longer than 10 seconds.

Phototherapy - The use of light and color therapy has been shown to help speed the growth of some beings. While she has hardly explored this ability, she's noticed that she can increase the rate of growth of her own hair. At its best, it will help speed the healing process in other sentient beings, but to no real superhuman degree.

ADVANTAGES:
Observant - Since she's generally withdrawn, her introspective nature means she often picks up on tidbits of information that others do not. Of course, she also tends to recall them at the strangest moments...

Precocious - While she is still young, she takes in everything around her. This leads her to a certain amount of understanding when it comes to sexual knowledge, figuring out the ins and outs of a hierarchical structure, niches of social interaction in certain subgroups (while this helps her with the individual group, her awkwardness still makes things difficult for her as a whole) She's a fast learner, but doesn't always do well in putting that knowledge into play.

DISADVANTAGES:
Socially Awkward - It takes a definite amount of effort for Katie to maintain some amount of normalcy when interacting socially - particularly with those who don't know her well.

Marked Appearance - While Katie can temporarily hide her uniquely colored hair, her wings are constantly present and since they are so large and so many, they can be very difficult to hide when wearing modern clothing.

SKILLS:
Cooking: - The cullinary arts have always been a passion of hers, if only through being a hobby. At the moment, she is particularly interested in Mexican and Spanish cuisine due to taking the language in school

Religious Knowledge: - She has been fascinated with different religions and spiritual walks of life since middle school.

Singing - While she has had no formal training in vocal arts, her mother and her always sang together and she was a 2nd soprano in her church choir.

Sign Language - In middle school, she had a friend who came from a deaf family. Because of this the two of them often used sign language as a means to communicate with each other when their teachers' backs were turned.

HISTORY:
Katie's Father was a minister and her mother was a counselor at the school attached to their church. They were kind, helpful people and had her involved in food pantries and other community aid programs from an early age. She never expected them to turn against her for any reason. They helped a cousin through teenage pregnancy and another through an addiction issue - all without patronizing or coming down too harsh. They encouraged her to learn about whatever subjects she wished - even when she wanted to know more about Hinduism or the Muslim religion. They seemed to be the perfect parents, even when her Asperger Syndrome made her an awkward or embarrassing child. So why would they so hastily turn her out on the streets when her mutant powers manifested.

Perhaps it was bad luck - or a curse - that left the girl appearing the way she did. Her family hadn't been personally touched by the plight of a mutant before, but they always seemed open and accepting. But perhaps that was all the ruse in the end? It was blasphemy for their daughter to have the appearance of one of God's most treasured servants. While there were those in the church that saw it as a blessing, her parents panicked, saw it as a trick of the devil and immediately turned her out. She was barely past her sweet 16 birthday, an event where her family and surrounding community had celebrated her existence and accomplishments, and now she was homeless, without a penny to her name or a roof over her head. And there was no use in trying to change the way she looked or what she could do, she'd tried for weeks with no luck.
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

MasterOfMyFate

Master ON/OFF