karmatrik and huntress

Started by Huntress, November 09, 2008, 11:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fal looked sidelong at her, still bothered. She was younger than him by several years. Certainly beautiful, though. He set that aside for now. "We've almost arrived," he said, voice cracking for the first time in years.

Huntress

she nodded, barely controlling her response to everything. Overwhelmed, she burst into a fit of sobs. Curling up into a fetal position, she cried hard into her knees. Then, when she was done, she refused to look at him. He was too perfect...they were Jedi. Not even Qui-Gon and Tahl had crossed that barrier. She swallowed heavily, still a bit emotional, and just took deep breaths. "So sorry about taht" she whispered.

Fal sensed the general path of her thoughts and wondered if she had any idea she was dealing with a Jedi more rebellious than Qui-Gon ever was. It was soon to become no matter, however, as they pulled out of hyperspace. He glanced at the vulnerable girl once more.

Huntress

Tali focused on the window, feelign queasy once more. She bolted for the bathroom and unleashed whatever was left in her system, if anything. "I feel so weak" she whispered, almost collapsing into her seat.

Fal suddenly realized that her condition was far past what inertial damping sensitivity could do. "Computer, run a medical scan of my passenger," he said, worried.

Huntress

Tali shivered as it ran a check on her. She didn't want anything to be known. She trembled in the cold as she blinked, not looking at Fal. She fell into a drowsy sleep, dreaming the same dream again.

The computer chimed. "Scan complete. Foreign agents detected. Identity not found. Please contact Jocasta Nu, Jedi Archives, Jedi Temple, Coruscant, Main Cluster, Galactic Core to report this new agent." That was not what Fal wanted to hear. He knelt in front of her chair and placed his hand on her forehead, letting the Force flow freely between them. Healing was not his forte, but since the computer had failed, he was all that was available at the moment.

Huntress

Tali woke as she felt the wave of healing. "Why?" she asked softly, croaking as he wrapped a blanket around her shivering form

"Why?" Fal didn't understand the question. He could tell his healing was being repelled. We need a Mon Calamari healer for something like this. Dooku had nothing of the like. But, he could very well know what this is.

Huntress

"Why did you heal me? What's going on?" she asked softly.

"Something's in you," Fal said seriously. "I can't get it out. But it's killing you." He decided not to play mind games. This was deadly, whatever it was.

Huntress

Tali bit her lip. "Are you kidding?" she asked. She looked away, wiping a tear away.

Fal looked her directly in the eyes, unwavering. "If you know anything at all, tell me now. I can't help you if I don't know."

Huntress

she shook her head. "I don't know anything" she whispered. "I left the temple on a mission, and that's it. Clearly, I failed that." She then starts to ramble to herself, "I can't die a lowly padawan...My master will be SO disappointed...i won't have anywere else to go if i make it out alive" she begins to breathe heavily.

Fal cursed, swearing an oath usually reserved for Mandalorians. He prayed to the Force that Dooku wasn't behind this, but at the same time he did - that way he could fix it. Fal kept a constant Force presence over her, suppressing the invaders. But, that wouldn't hold for long.

Huntress

Tali looked at him. "I would tell you if I knew..." She shivers under his touch; her feet and hands are icy.

Fal hit the radio. "Separatist Command. This is Special Agent Zero. Keycode 'Krayt Dragon Fury.' Please accept us for landing. I will make my way in even if you don't. Over."

Huntress

Tali gave a small moan of pain as she shivered, despite the many layers in which she bundled herself.

"Copy, Zero. You are confirmed for landing." Fal's ship barreled towards the entrance, being set to "emergency automatic landing." Since this was his personal ship, it acted with a bit more emergency than a regulation ship would.

Huntress

As Fal carried her inside to a medical facility, Tali felt the Force sustaining her begin to fade. "Fal," she whimpered, nervous and scared. As he brought her to a doctor, various thoughts ambled around her head like how she felt about him and what could be going on. "Don't leave me here"

Fal took her hand unconsciously. "You have to trust me. I won't be in the room, but I won't be leaving you either. Do you understand?" He gazed into her eyes, intently.

Huntress

Tali shook her head. In her barely-conscious state she couldn't take in much. "Don't leave my side, Fal," she begged, starting to cry. She gripped his hand as hard as she could. "Please, I'm begging you, don't leave my side!"

Fal glanced at the door, back to Tali, and then at the medical droid. "Can you cure her?" he said, strongly.
"No, sir," the 2-1B replied. "This mutagen is not in our database."
"Tali. If you don't let me go, I can't make you better..."

Huntress

She began to cry. "Go...But come back." She couldn't say it. Those three words would not leave her lips. She would not say them first. She released his hand and watched him leave, crying softly, in more pain than she'd ever been before. She felt like she was being eaten from the inside out.

"DOOKU!" Fal's voice roared through the cavernous rock of the underground base.

Dooku promptly emerged from some corridor, smiling. "Yes, my favorite agent?" Ventress was behind him, and Fal could feel her fuming at the comment.

"You know I don't participate in this sort of thing. Why is she on my list?"

Dooku smiled. "Whatever do you mean, my Jedi friend?"

"Whatever's in this girl isn't natural. There's nothing remarkable about her!" His words stung him. He didn't mean that. "Why would you send me after her if not to study whatever this is, that you planted?!"

"I resent that accusation," Dooku said smoothly. "But you are correct. I sense... you've become fond of her. Very well, she is yours. We have the data we need." Dooku tossed him a vial. "Give her that. But I warn you, Carani. Challenge me so directly in front of my apprentice and she will be forced to defend my honor." Ventress growled like a chained dog.

Fal moved quickly back to the medical bay.