A Free World of Wonders: Adventures await! (All are welcome to join)

Started by emoguy, September 15, 2011, 03:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emoguy

Hello and welcome all! Before posting in here, please post a character Bio in the OOC thread I have made! There is no limitations other than don't go overboard. I will have my own Bio up as an example and a template made. Be as creative and imaginative as you want!

You have found your way to a small tavern, looking for a drink and maybe some company too. A large wooden door with golden inlaid letters spelling out "The Widowed Beauty" lay in front of you. Pushing your way inside you'll notice its well lit and quite well-kept. Clean and tidy. The barman chats idly with a few patrons, polishing cups as he does. The tables are strewn about in the spacious room in a kind of organized chaos, a few empty, but most with boisterous men and women sitting at them. There are a few people keeping to themselves and their drinks. When the door shuts, everyone's eyes go to you for a moment then back to their own business. If you're perceptive enough, you will feel eyes from the shadows keeping a close watch on you, as they do anyone who walks in. The rest, my friend, is up to you to decide.

emoguy

Draven wandered into the tavern. His hair was a midnight blue, shoulder-length mess that fell in front of half his face. His body was wrapped in a long duster, his blades on his back.
Gazing about the room for a moment he found himself a table half out of the light, motioning the barkeep for a drink and surveying the room with golden eyes, waiting for an interesting person to walk in and have a conversation with. Or a fight. Whichever came first.

Medeira

It couldn't be put off any longer. Her face set into petulant lines, Cia peered out of the shadows at the building that most people were wandering in and out of. Why did she have to interact with them? Couldn't she just go hang out with a...a...cow? Her eyes darted to the side and the farm she had passed some miles back. Surely they would be much better company than whatever lurked behind those doors. Turning away from the direction she wanted to go, eyes as golden as the sunlight reflecting from a water's wave locked back onto the tavern doors. She could do this. She could.

Eudocia was not a pushover. Forcing herself away from the shadows, bare feet and pale legs covered by a mere wisp of silk stepped onto the path. The same material wrapped around her body for maximum amount of mobility while covering what needed to be covered of her lithe body. It was always best to leave some things to the imagination. Where everything else about her was light, hair, skin, eyes, her clothing was dark. A deep aqua, same as the depths of the water where all of the best things were always hidden. Pushing herself inside, the door swung closed behind her and her breath exhaled.

Golden eyes swung to the bar. She'd heard stories, she'd observed, but she'd never been or done. Her shoulders straightened firmly and her head lifted with not a small amount of haughtiness, "Barkeep, a glass of water, please." But her hand traveled up to her neck, her fingers wrapping around the small orb of liquid that was attached to the necklace there, as the barkeep worked behind the bar.

Ons & Offs || Search & Ideas ||Apologies & Absences
Smile... it's the second best thing to do with your lips.

emoguy

Draven watched this odd looking woman wander into the tavern. Giving her a look-over he raised an eyebrow, sitting somewhat in the dark. She had piqued his interest with the way she looked, but what caught him most was the smell of fresh clean water flowing from her. It had a slightly soothing effect to him. He hated the smells of this place. The rank of industry and pollution. He decided to watch her a little longer, keeping his eyes on the few that were too deep in their alcohol already as well.

Medeira

The water was dank and earthy, as if it had been pulled from the deepest depths of the earth. Well water, Cia mused to herself as she sipped and wrinkled her nose slightly. It would have to do. The darkness of the tavern put her off, the mustiness, the smell of sweat and decay that seemed to emanate from each person hunched over their drink. She sipped at the water again and let her gaze travel as discreetly as she could over the room. She felt a bit self-conscious just standing there, but she didn't want to move too far from the door either, should she want to make a quick exit.

Dim light shrouded her, disguising the slight blue tint to her skin and what could be thought of as freckles that were dusted lightly over her bare shoulders. In pure sunlight they would gleam and shimmer, tiny scales sprinkled across that bit of skin. There was only one person there that was pulling at her interest, one that seemed to keep himself away from the rest. Hair as blue as the midnight water she loved to lounge in, she felt herself turning from the bar after she dropped a single chunk of copper onto the counter as payment. Fingers wrapped firmly around the glass of water, she skirted tables and quite unceremoniously dropped down into the chair to the side of him. As suspicious as she was, she was not ready to leave her back to the room.

"I am Eudocia," it was a pronouncement as unceremonious as her seating and quite clearly indicated that interaction was not quite her strong suit, "And your eyes were on me." Her words were almost accusing.

emoguy

He tilted his head in a slight nod, golden eyes locked onto her own. He thought about how to approach this woman for a split second. Her directness and seeming uncomfortable air about her made her a curiosity and slight worry to him."Draven. And aye, I was." His voice was liquid and light, but with a deep undertone. Almost cold. He gave a discrete motion around the tavern, covering it as just a brushing of his fingers through his hair and assuming she would pick up on it. "But then, so's most. Ye be either brave or fool to come to a place like this lookin' as you do, miss Eudocia."

He leaned forward slightly, resting his arms on the table. In the light, he could be considered a handsome man by most people's standards. But not so much that he would stand out in a crowd. That would just be bad for business. He swirled his drink in the cup for a moment, eyes leaving her for a moment to gaze at the few muttering into their cups and attempting to be covert with there peering. Though they did a rather poor job  "And pray tell, what brings ya here?"

Medeira

The revelation that not only had his eyes been on her, but others as well seemed to surprise her. Cia sat back in the chair and blinked a few times before turning to peer at the rest of the room. Oh, they were. A small frown flitted over her lips before she took another sip of the water and set it to the side, "This is where everyone seems to be, and for some reason I need to be where everyone is." It was said almost to herself before she shook her head, letting her loose hair dance around her shoulders. She had to start somewhere, didn't she? It wasn't that she wanted to associate herself with these...these land dweller, but she really had no choice.

Shifting her eyes back to Draven, she narrowed her liquid gold gaze on him. For a land dweller, he wasn't horrible looking. She had admired those that had come to bathe in her river before and she knew that her form was compatible with most that called the shores their home. But it was the furthest thing from her mind at the moment, momentary pleasures pushed back for the larger picture: getting herself received back into the embrace of her dear river. Her reply was as simple as all of her words had been up to that point. For just a moment her gaze dropped to the table and the smallest flash of shame gleamed in her lowered eyes. It was gone in an instant and her lips curved into a secretive smile, "The whisper of the water brought me, of course." A single delicate hand lifted and passed over the top of drink, the water inside rippling as if she had shifted the cup.

"And you can call me Cia. Does this mean I get to ask you why you are here in return? Or is this type of place where you normally keep company, land dweller?" Cia's expression cleared, the emotion smoothing out. She of course did not trust him. Not yet, anyway.

emoguy

His quick eyes took in all before him. The waver of the water, the look of shame in her eyes, the fluidity of her movements. He took another sip of his drink, his eyes measuring her over the glass. He did not know what to make of this woman. She was not human, that much was clear. But she had not any of the smells or looks of any other race he had encountered either. This made her an unknown. He didn't like unknowns. They tended to muck things up for him. Alrigh', Cia. And I'm here for naught more than a cool drink an' perhaps a chance to find a job to keep a body busy.

His glass was emptied and he lifted a finger towards the barkeep, who rushed over to fill his cup. Draven reached into his pocket and pulled out three gold coins passing them to the bar keep. His pouch jingled with the weight of coin[/i] "That should about cover the tab I ran up last time, yea?"

With a smile and nod, the barkeep left and Draven placed his gaze back onto her, unwavering. His composure was cool and calm, not giving an inch as to who he might be or what to expect.[/i]

Medeira

The words were out of Cia's mouth before she could control them, her brow furrowing, "That's quite a simplistic existence, isn't it?" And it didn't mesh well with the tales she'd been told. To her, those that lived on the land lived a life of debauchery and adventure. If humans and the such were all horrible people, she could possibly convince herself that what she had done hadn't been quite so bad. So no, she didn't like his answer one bit.

But her gaze caught the glimmer of the gold and her attention was invariably drawn to it as it was set down on the table and the barkeep whisked it away. Such a pretty, shiny color, she was distracted several moments before she shook her head and brought her attention back to Draven. She wasn't avaricious person, but just the simple fact that they were coins pulled at her with the weight of memory, "Those are like what line the bottom of parts of my river," she murmured with a small shake of her head.

Now wasn't the time for such petty escapes into the past she could not return to quite yet, she decided. Draven's calm and cool nature unnerved her, making her spill words and secrets that a more forward person would have never have heard from her mouth. She knew she had to be more careful. Shifting in her seat, stared at the man again, "How can you drink that stuff?" She almost sounded exasperated and really...she wanted to see if she could throw him off balance, if just a little by her change of topic. She didn't like that he was more composed than she.

Hunter Phoenix

Opening the door to the tavern, Hunter the mage wandered over silently to the bar, the hood of his cloak masking his face from the other occupants that were slowly but surely driving themselves into a drunken stupour. A long staff held firmly in one hand he laid his free hand on the bar, waiting for the barman to come and serve him. As a mage he was not allowed to drink any alcohol for; as he had discovered when he was a student at the mage's guild, alcohol and magick could be somewhat explosive and detrimental to anyone's health if they got in the way.

When the barman did finally stroll over, Hunter ordered a glass of water. It was a strange request and the barman looked at him as if he were stupid but upon a piece of silver being placed onto the counter from Hunters pouch, the man didn't look so surprised but passed over a tankard full of water which Hunter thanked the gentleman for before going and seating himself over in one of the empty corners so that he could watch and listen in on everyone else without leaving his back open to anyone in case they tried anything on him.
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

emoguy

He allowed the faintest of smiles across his lips. He understood what she was now. When she had referenced the coins it suddenly clicked. "An Ondine huh...interesting..." He thought to himself. Though it was odd to see her in a pub and away from her river. Ah well. Such was life. He'd figure that out soon enough. The smile faded from his lips and he gave a small nod at her observation of his lifestyle. "Such is the way I prefer it. When things are simple as possible, it leaves more to chance and uncertainty. I don't plan or like staying in one spot, so it suits me."

Draven shrugged at her question and lifted the glass to his lips, letting the cool liquid set a fire to his stomach.[/i] "Just like this. T'is quite refreshing." He set the glass down again and leaned forward, looking straight into her eyes. His face became more serious as he had to find out for himself just why she was away from her river[/i] "But what, if I may ask little spirit, are you doing away from your river? I've never heard of your kind ever leaving their rivers and I find it a little disconcerting."

Medeira

The expression that crossed Cia's mouth was almost childishly humorous. Her nose wrinkled and her lips twisted as if she were trying to hold back some sound of horror before she shook her head, sending her hair cascading over her shoulders again, "It smells awful." And to her sensitive nose, it certainly did. She certainly preferred the fresh clean scent of water and really, that was all she needed to survive. But she was pulled out of her reverie by his ending question. Little spirit...river...

Her head snapped up from where it had focused on the table and her mouth opened and closed much like...well, a fish or ondine out of water. Shoring back her shoulders, she planted her back firmly against the back of her chair and lifted her chin, "If one chooses to leave her river, she may," but unconsciously, her hand lifted to the glass ball filled with water - her river. There was no way she was going to admit that her river kicked her out. No, no, no. It was unheard of...almost as much as an ondine ever leaving her river. He'd shown her no reason to trust him with her true story yet...it would take a bit to get that out of her. She glanced around for a distraction and noted the man that had taken a seat in another corner. His drink was clear to her and she couldn't help but point it out to Draven, "See, now he," her head tilted in the newcomer's direction, "knows what a proper drink is."

Hunter Phoenix

Hunter sipped his water, keeping an eye on the two occupants of the opposite corner, he had noted that the woman had cast a look over at him and made some kind of comment, but he did not care. Instead he took a book out from the inside of his robes and began to read, keeping his ears keen for anyone approaching him.

Taking another sip of his water, the mage read steadily through page after page, absorbing the knowledge that the book had to offer him. He was lost within the pages, hooked on the magick theory that was printed on the paper pages within the leather bound book. Reading had always been a passion of his and he used to spend hours on end within the guilds library pouring over many books, taking in and remembering every word he ever read.

emoguy

Draven leaned back, retreating back into the cover of shadows. He didn't feel like having many distinguish his features. He watched her movements, eyes on the little bobble around her neck calculatingly. He then nodded and looked back up to her eyes "Aye. T'is none of my business. Just something I've never heard. Its a curiosity to me." He nodded slowly again. "I don't believe her at all in that..." He thought to himself and watched her again.  

Glancing over at the mage, he observed his features for a moment before nodding "By the looks of him, thats a magick wielder of some sorts. Just drinking plane old water. Though now I can see why you like it so much." He observed the man a little longer then looked back to her, trying to unwrap the mystery she presented him

Medeira

Cia huffed and focused her attention on Draven again, "Well of course he's drinking water. Do you think that I wouldn't know water when I smell it?" She was almost insulted by his insinuation. With a petulant pout, she sat back in her chair again, lifting a hand to flick back a lock of hair over her shoulder. He was a tough one, she thought. She knew her excuses, her reasons were not being taken as truth and for that, she almost admired him. Many would have been fooled by her pretty face and fine form. But he focused on her words and for all intents and purposes, most of them thus far had been quite false and at the very least, misleading.

And that was what made her talk. Shame no longer crossed her features, but a small amount of trepidation did. She had to tell someone, didn't she? How else would she begin to atone for her sins?

"Ondine are not allowed to kill, but in self defense, but even then it is frowned upon," her voice had softened so that the words would stay just between them, "My river was drying up..it had been dammed several miles from where I made my home...year after year, the trickle grew weaker," water forgotten, she nearly knocked it over when she leaned forward. But her smile was not one of regret as it should have been, but triumph for her her actions, "I killed them. The town that had decided that their...lake was more important than my river. I wiped them out."

But it was at that point that her face fell, golden eyes squeezing shut, "And then, I was banished."

emoguy

Draven listened to her tale, nodding at points along it. He sat forward a little, gazing at her calculatingly yet again. "You committed an act of violence that is not befitting of a river spirit. You're rather lucky that you're even still alive." He nodded again and thought to himself, his eyes searching hers for the truth. Once he was satisfied she was truthful, he sat back again.

"Well, I don't believe you're lying to me anymore. So I shall make you an offer. If you can pay me, I will protect you. Because it seems you won't always be near large amounts of water and being so far away from your river is bound to drain you as well." He allowed her a genuine and kind smile, something he rarely did. Something about this woman had intrigued him and he always enjoyed a puzzle. He had decided he would help her in her endeavor. Certainly couldn't just leave her to fend for herself. It wouldn't sit well in his mind.

Medeira

Temper came quickly and was banked just as fast. That was what had gotten her in trouble in the first place, after all. Her temper, her indignation had forced her hand, had sent her to commit an unspeakable act of violence against the humans and whatever else had resided within that town. Ever so slowly, Cia's head turned to the side and she stared at the far wall, her lips thinning to stave off a wince at his words. Her fingers fisted in silk to hold herself still as her voice lowered,

"Believe me, I know that it is a miracle that I am still alive. Luckily, hundreds of years of flawless service to my river fell in my favor." And times were changing. She knew that, other spirits knew it, but it didn't mean that her transgressions would go unpunished. At Draven's offer, her head whipped around, brow furrowing in confusion. He had read her quite easily, hadn't he? A hand lifted to flick her hair over her shoulder, an indignant act as her chin rose once more. She wanted to say that she needed no one's protection...but she knew better. But her chin did not lower, nor did the cool haughtiness she enveloped herself in,

"Payment would be simple," she concluded with a nod, "Gold, jewels? My river is grand and many boats carrying bounty have been lost on my rapids," she'd been smart enough to lower her voice and not broadcast the wealth she carried to the whole room. Beyond the need for protection, there was the simple fact that so far away from her river...she was becoming quite lonely.

Dragunov

a man in a black robe is perched up in a tree watching everyone. his katana and bow glow in the moon light. his mind buzzes through questions with no answers. he doesnt even know who he is but he has the ability to fight greatly. his eyes fixate into the distance.

Hunter Phoenix

Hunter is busy with his book when all of a sudden he feels a presence outside of the tavern that intrigues him, reaching out with his mind, he recoils slightly as he feels a mind in deep turmoil, maybe he could help this person, maybe he couldn't, either way he was interested enough to investigate. Drinking the last of his water, he placed the container back down on the table and picked up his staff with one hand, the other hand placing the book back into his robe. He stood swiftly and silently, stalking through the bustling room towards the exit. As he passed them he gave the strangers one last look and then he was outside in the dark night.

Looking up at a nearby tree, he saw the person who he sought. Walking to the base of the tree, his face still obscured by his robe hood, he spoke to the silent stranger who was perched up in the branches.

"What or who is it you seek? Your mind is troubled, maybe you could use some help?"

He spoke calmly, the first words he had spoken in many nights, the only other words spoken so far had been of course when he had asked for a drink back in the noisy alcohol ridden tavern.

Dragunov

he looks at the man and drops down in front of him facing him eye to eye. "i dont know who i am...." he looks down at his shoulder because of an intense pain. he sees that theres an arrow broken off inside of his shoulder.  "h-how did that get there...? i just woke up" he looks at the light blood flow not daring to rip it out just yet. he realizes he should wait and get aid

Hunter Phoenix

Hunter isn't surprised that the man cannot remember who he is, he could sense heavy unrest within the person's mind, unfortunately Hunter could not extract memories from the mess that was the human's memory. He could do something about the arrow though.

"Hold still, this is going to hurt a lot"

Without waiting for the man to brace himself, Hunter grabbed hold of the broken arrow and ripped it out of his shoulder, making the wound wider and bleed a lot heavier but then Hunter opened his robe and brought a vial out from one of the many pockets he had hidden away, unstoppering it, he poured the contents on the wound and watched with mild satisfaction as the wound closed up and healed.

"That should be alright now except for a scar, do you want help finding out who you are?"

He wasn't bothered whether he helped or not, he just wanted something to do.

Dragunov

he seems to flinch slightly but for some reason his body was used to the pain. his eyes focus off into the distance to the tavern "maybe i can find answers there...."

Hunter Phoenix

Hunter nodded inside of his hood.

"Does this place stick out in your mind by any chance?"

He was intrigued at how this dingy little tavern, full of corruption and gluttany could hold sway over someone who had no memory of their life.

Dragunov

"thank you sir" he started walkking to the tavern slowly hoping that someone there would know him.

Dragunov

as he walked in to the bar he could see people look in his direction and then gossip in disbelief. as he looked around he sees Cia "C-cia?" he choked out quietly not knowing how he knew her name. he could smell the smell of water coming from her direction. pure and clean. he slowly grips his own robe and smells it. It smelt of fire greatly. Why fire? he thought. he hears the faint sound of one of the gossiping men ask the other if the hero returned. he slowly turns away and finds a table alone and sits down quietly.