Rapture or Party Time

Started by despickable, May 19, 2011, 06:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Quote from: Aiden on May 24, 2011, 01:05:34 PM
Hey, just because my birthday is the day before, means it is reason to feel like it is in the end of the world. A end of the world hangover is nothing like the actual end of the world! Just saying!

You mean those weren't just belated birthday parties? ???

;)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Starlequin

I spent almost a half hour yesterday talking to an old woman who was extremely disappointed this thing didnt go off. She's my neighbor, and shes really a sweet, kind old woman (who will never, EVER shut up once she starts talking, but cutting her off makes  you feel like you just kicked a puppy, so), and she was letting me borrow her vacuum cleaner. While we were chatting, a news byte came on about this thing and she went on for nearly twenty minutes about how sad it was that it didnt happen (but of course, also beating the whole Matthew reference to death over and over, as so many have by now). Her whole family (and mine too, sadly) believe in a coming rapture, but thankfully none of them actually bought this shit. Still, its really sort of horrifying to be reminded that I'm basically living in a community with a bunch of people who WANT the frickin world to end. And people wonder why i don't like getting out more and want to move...
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Star Safyre

Quote from: Lilias on May 24, 2011, 11:03:20 AM
He must have spilled something over Matthew 24:36... ::)

You beat me to it!   XD

I used this as a teaching moment with a student who brought it up.  "Always, always check your work," I advised.
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Lilias

Quote from: Star Safyre on May 24, 2011, 03:54:30 PM
You beat me to it!   XD

I used this as a teaching moment with a student who brought it up.  "Always, always check your work," I advised.

Sometimes, the long, brown and sticky thing is really a stick! ;D
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI