The ES Club (Anime/School/Club) (Request thread) (Still accepting)

Started by MelodyCake, March 13, 2017, 09:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyCake

@Leki
Well, so far the bank hasn't payed me back the money the teller machine took from me xD So I am a little pissed about that... It was a lot of money >.<

@LGBTBIBQPOTATOSANDWICH
I think most of my characters are somewhere on the bi-sexual spectrum, considering I swing ether way myself xD There are just sometimes characters/players though, I will admit, that area clearly gay but say bi-sexual cause it ''sounds better''... It is sort like, but no where near as bad as, the 'Seke' term on yaoi forums...
But I do have characters as well that are strictly heterosexual or gay, and we might see an NPC or two that will be like that :P It will all depend on the cast of characters we will get here :)

But I do agree with Leki on extreme personalities  xD  It's actually nice to see a characters personalities shining pretty bright in posts, and the goddie two shoe act does get old pretty quickly.

@Idle
I actually like the idea of a no-nonsense class rep type of a character, sounds like a concept that could be fun to play with :P Even more so in a club full of eccentric personalities, who at least so far seem very much like the nonsense types xD

@Mano o' mano slashing/shipping for Joanie xD
Is something I will admit, I haven't seen much outside of MxM roleplays, but perhaps we shall see some here with the current cast of interest :P

@Character sheets so far
I'll message Leki and quozax hopefully in the next few hours about their character sheets~

@TheLaughingOne
Hey!!
Glad to see another person join in :P
Fekballs is a term I have not heard before XD I might need to steal it~
I still hope you will join even though we already have a delinquent type :P

TheLaughingOne

Heh, i had popped for the specific character.. made her for another game but it crashed quickly so never rrally got to play her.. no idea if can co.e up with something else.
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Avalon29

Sorry I haven't come up with a character quite yet. Trying to figure out a good concept although Leki is right about one thing. My character is going to be bisexual at least. xD

MelodyCake

@Laughing
Well, that is a shame to hear then

@Avalon
All of dem bisexuals!

Or at least it seems the current cast seems all to be :P

Avalon29

@Melody

Nothing wrong with that. Just means more options for everybody. xD

MelodyCake

@Avalon

I agree :P
It actually just makes it easier as well to manage :P Or harder? Hmm.. xD
At least with the majority being bisexual, it will hopefully not make anyone feel left out or feel there is no one interested in their character.

Just a little bit wondering if I should get working on at least one NPC character to put up in my NPC rooster...
But at the same time, I feel like I should wait till I see more characters so I know what sort of characters would make a nice addition to the group.

Idlewyld

Name: Chiharu Nishihara
Sexuality: Bisexual
Height: 5'6" (168 cm)
Hair Color: Green
Eye Color: Green

Personality:

Serious Minded: Chiharu is a definitive type-A personality. Driven to achieve at all costs, she has consistently organized and compartmentalized her life in order to focus on serious pursuits. She has little tolerance for frivolity in herself and barely more for nonsense in others. She has been Class Rep at her school since Kindergarten and intends to go on to College and then to Do Great Things in Her Political Career.

Grudgingly Caring: Chiharu feels a sense of responsibility to those in her charge (namely her classmates) and as such, she will go to great lengths to protect them, especially from themselves. She usually hides such sentiments behind a set of standard perfunctory protests, claiming that it is merely her duties as class rep rather than anything more personal.

Strengths and Skills:

Nearly Obsessive Dedication: Once Chiharu puts her mind to something, she works with everything she's got in order to achieve it. She will allow nothing, and may I repeat, NOTHING (or no one) to get in the way of her goals.

Organization: Chiharu is a firm believer that everything goes in its place and she has arranged her life around that principle. So if there is anything that is needed that she might possibly have or do, it is available to her with little more than a snap of her fingers, neatly organized into binders and folders and cloud drives for easy access.

Flaws and Weaknesses:

Unnaturally Rigid: Chiharu has problems improvising. Most every course of action has to be preceded by a ten-point plan written up in a serif font, copied in triplicate, and cc'd to all concerned parties.

Demanding Set of Standards: Chiharu would be almost pleasant if she didn't demand that people meet her expectations for rational and upright behavior. She has appointed herself chief morality officer of her class, and as such feels very free to take others to task when they don't meet her almost impossibly high standards.

Why has your character decided to join the ES club?

The ES Club is precisely the kind of time-wasting idiocy that Chiharu disapproves of. Therefore, she follows it around in order to protect its members (who just happen to be her classmates) from their own self-destructive impulses. The fact that she might actually enjoy it is patently ridiculous and you should never mention it to her EVER AGAIN.

What social circle is your character in?

Chiharu is deeply involved in Student Council. Even there she is often viewed as overly ambitious and pedantic. One frustrated fellow member declared that she wouldn't recognize fun if it ran her over with a freight train.

Avalon29

Well decided on a character concept. Figure this is the perfect chance to try my hand at a character type that I've wanted to write at least once. I'm going to see what I can do with a chunibyo type character. Should be fun.

Leki

Well the cast is certainly shaping up to look interesting thus far.
We have;
- A ditzy air-headed protagonist
- A cute, but overly controlling female character
- A crazy proto-cat lady who'll be trying to promote homosexuality
- A delusional nuthead that acts as if he has super powers.
- A guy that can see ghosts
- And of course, my confrontational/aggressive delinquent.

Seems like fun times are ahead xD

I don't know about the others, but I can already imagine Valsche and Ian getting on Chiharu's nerves like crazy xD
Doubt the others will be much better on her poor soul either.

MelodyCake

@Leki
I know I have said this in a PM already, but I thought I'd just make it official here :P
Your character is accepted!

@Idle
I don't think there is anything I really need to message you with regarding your character sheet. So I'm going to give it the Cake stamp of approval! Suppose there are only two things I want to nitpick at, is all in just that first section of the character sheet.
First! If you could add cm's to the height, that would be awesome!
And second, as much as I love how it actually shows her personality through with the answers, I'd personally prefer if you'd just leave the answers as simple. Just to keep all the character sheets the same :P
But I do love that comment behind her hair color though xD That got me to chuckle~

@Qsox
I have sent you a PM regarding your character, so I will put it as pending.

So!
Accepted character rooster so far!
Ian
Valsche
Chiharu

Pending characters
Mason

@Avalon & Joanie
I look forward to the characters you two will bring x3

JoanieSappho

Name: Joanna Sullivan
Height: 5'2" (156 cm)
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Brown

Personality:

(Not So) Covert Pervert: Pretty much from the moment that she discovered that such things existed, Joanna has had a very strong interest in the things that boys and girls do with each other. And girls and girls. And boys and boys. As well as a few other variations on the theme.
Her usual reaction to meeting someone new is to imagine just who they would be best with. In her opinion, at least, an opinion that tends to put boys with boys and girls with each other. She also has something of a habit of peeking, both at her fellow girls and, when she can, at the boys.

Crazy Cat Lady in Training: After insisting that her family adopt a stray kitten that she found when she was eight, Joanna has expanded her herd of feline friends to levels that, quite frankly, are disturbing. More than once she has come to school with a cat in her bag, only sometimes by accident, and goes out of her way to meet and play with cats on the way to and from school.
It probably doesn't help that she habitually carries cat treats with her, usually leading to a small feline swarm that follows her around, much to her delight.

Strengths and Skills:

Beloved by Cats: Even the roughest, scruffiest alley cat seems to love Joanna as much as she loves cats, and while her talking to them may just be one of her (many) eccentricities, they pay close attention to her voice. Theories abound about just why this is, ranging from her voice being oddly soothing to cats, to the bell that she wears on a collar for some unknown reason.

Artist: Although many might not consider this to be much of a strength, as Joanna only really draws what she feels like, which means that she has produced many, many pictures of cats. And a lot of pictures of her classmates being very naked and doing highly inappropriate things to each other. She was, briefly, part of the art club until an argument followed the club president discovered that she had drawn a highly detailed picture of his face. And certain parts of his best friend's anatomy in very close proximity to his mouth.
She wasn't formally ejected from the club, but both sides considered that didn't need saying after she very loudly insisted that he 'totally wanted that down his throat'.
That this, judging from how the two were found a couple of weeks later, was apparently quite true still probably doesn't help her case.

Flaws and Weaknesses:

Distracted by the Sexy: Joanna is easily sidetracked by her imagination, and her imagination gets especially hyperactive around people that she finds attractive - and she has a rather large range of interests, so to speak. This frequent distraction is hardly a help in class and, more than once, shes found herself agreeing to something while she was too busy fantasizing to actually pay attention to what she was asked.

Crazy Cat Lady: Seriously. Cats sleep in her bed more often than she does, she's taken to wearing a cat collar, speaks to cats as if they could understand her - and talk back - and spends most of her time feeding cats, whether or not they're actually hers.

She has absolutely no idea. Apparently she said she would, though, but she was too busy thinking about which boy (or boys) would look best with Ian to actually pinpoint when he asked her, but she's pretty sure she agreed to join and Ian certainly thinks so, too. Still, if he's making himself a harem then she wants to see that, especially when the guys all get naked and start touching, which they most definitely will, if she has anything to say on the matter.

Cats. She is quite insistent that this actually counts as a social group, and not just because she's too much of a crazy cat pervert to really fit in with anyone else. Although, that too.

quozax

I know there had been some reservation with my character being shy and in the background.  First, he doesn't talk to ghosts 24 hours a day 7 days a week,  A lot of times he ignores them and may give them 'the look' or an impromptu sigh for no reason.  Plus not every place has ghosts. 

Second.  He needs the group to come out of his shell.  I think once his ghost seeing 'powers' are more accepted, he will start to become more friendly and outgoing.  I hope you just give him a chance.

My views on ghosts:
Not everyone who dies becomes a ghost.  Some ghosts are good, some are not, just like people.  Many ghosts have faulty memories after they die.
There are several levels of ghosts.
There are ghosts that are trapped in a loop.  They don't try to interact with others, and are forced to do the same routine over and over again
There are ghosts that 'need' something to move on.  Such as finding the person that murdered them, or reveling the location of a hidden will.  Then they move on once that is accomplished.
There are ghosts that wanted so badly to cling to life that they won't move on.   These are the ghosts that Mason sees the most.  But they are rare and on occasion can be talked into moving on.
There are evil spirits (perhaps demons) that disguise themselves as ghosts. 

Oh, and animals can sense ghosts better than humans.  So maybe cat lady and ghost man will become great friends.

Kokaine

Looks like you all have what you need. Gonna withdraw my interest. Enjoy :)
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Leki

@Kokaine
A shame to see you go  :-X

@quozax
I’m not entirely sure who else expressed reservations, so I can’t really speak on their behalf. But I suppose it’s ultimately up to you, and whether MelodyCake accepts the character. While I can understand that you feel compelled to clarify the character concept you’ve put forward, I’m afraid the explanation really didn’t do much to change anything. If anything it actually heightened my concerns xD
Quote from: quozax on March 16, 2017, 07:10:05 AMFirst, he doesn't talk to ghosts 24 hours a day 7 days a week,  A lot of times he ignores them and may give them 'the look' or an impromptu sigh for no reason.
I figured this was an obvious fact, hence it didn’t really do anything to belay my concerns. I suppose it’s a bit worrying you felt you had to point that out though xD
Quote from: quozax on March 16, 2017, 07:10:05 AM
Second.  He needs the group to come out of his shell.  I think once his ghost seeing 'powers' are more accepted, he will start to become more friendly and outgoing.
This rings significant alarm bells in my mind since it’s the first sign of a horrible conceived character, and relies on what I considered an unlikely development for improvement. I’ve been roleplaying for a pretty long time now, and I’ve never once come across a good character who required the cooperation of others to work; especially in the instance that the ‘other’ is an undesignated someone you’re blindly hoping for. If the group doesn’t help Mason come out of his shell he’ll be rendered hopeless as a character, and the likelihood that someone will actively engage him about his powers seems pretty slim. I mean “I see dead people” might sound cool, but when put into play, it’s not much different from someone who just constantly spouts nonsense.
Quote from: quozax on March 16, 2017, 07:10:05 AMI hope you just give him a chance.
Not entirely sure why this comment bothers me. It may have something to do with people always letting me down when they utter this… but I also think it might be a bit of polarizing morality play. Essentially forfeiting logical reasoning, and emphasizing you deserve a chance, and anyone who disagree’s if being unfair.
Quote from: quozax on March 16, 2017, 07:10:05 AM
My views on ghosts:[SNIP]

Oh, and animals can sense ghosts better than humans.  So maybe cat lady and ghost man will become great friends.
I think the overall issue with Mason is that they lack personality, and rely solely on their ability as a ghost-seer to stabilize their character concept. While this might work in a 1x1 scenario, group roleplays tend to be less linear and if the roleplay were to redirect towards alien sightings for a prolonged period, Mason and his ghosts would become pretty obsolete. Essentially unless Mason is the center of the roleplay and you control the flow of the roleplay, he’s a highly risky character to play.

In conclusion, I’m assuming that at the very least, the GM’s hesitance to accept Mason indicates they have similar or other concerns. And I don’t think the information you provided really does anything to alleviate them.
Character Applications are stalled rejected for three reasons;
-   1) Incompatibility with the concept or limitations of the roleplay
-   2) Inexplicit or ambiguous presentation of an idea.
-   3) Insufficient content to flesh out the character.

What you’re attempting to address is point2. Whereas I personally perceive the issue to be point3. And I don’t think there’s any damning contradictions with point1.
But in the end, it’s not my choice to make whether Mason gets accepted or not. If the GM thinks the character will work, then they’re more likely to know better than I ever will xD One thing I can say for certain though, is that Mason doesn’t appeal to me as a character in the slightest at the moment, and although I’m not averse to interacting with him, it most probably will be at the bottom of my priority list in his current rendition.

MelodyCake

@Joanie
Your character is accepted!
Joanna, the die hard yaoi fangirl xD
I think she will make a nice addition to the current cast of characters.
I can almost taste the chaos the ES Club is going to bring to the school xD

@Kokaine
Sad to see you go, perhaps we will meet again another time~

@Qsox
Since you have brought it up in the OOC, I thought I'd just answer here.

I agree with a lot of the points Leki has brought up, and perhaps giving the character a new rendition isn't such a bad idea. Ether that, or thinking of an entirely new concept is maybe not a bad idea. While we are on the topic, I will just state my own concerns regarding your character.

As I had stated in my PM, I am a bit concerned with the character in regards to the group roleplay, cause I can already see Mason falling into the background and fading out pretty early on because the more extroverted characters are going to be the centre of attention and outshine him too much. With that in mind, he wouldn't really contribute to the over all scheme of things, and would essentially end up being rendered an obsolete character in terms of the plot.

I understand characters need room to grow, but if there isn't a base to work off, the character isn't going to grow into something nice. I feel the character lacks a whole lot of depth in terms of personality, and I feel that with the current group, he isn't going to 'come out of his shell' as you worded it. The characters that we have so far all have distinct personality traits that each writer has managed to bring out in their characters with the character sheet alone. As Leki pointed out, it could work in a one on one roleplay, but it fails to paint the character in a positive light in a group roleplay if he just starts out as a blank state.

You can ether try to come up with a new concept, or we can try to work things out in PM's. Until then, I will need to decline Mason's current character sheet, at least until there has been a bit more work put into the character.

quozax

It looks like I have two choices.  i could update my character to be more of a sci fi / fantasy geek (who happens to see ghosts), and wants to prove all those things are real.  This may give him a firmer foundation and make him not obsolete in other areas.

Or I can pull my character submission.

I will decide before the end of the day.

MelodyCake

@Qsox
I will wait then for you to come up with an answer on what you will be doing :)

Updated accepted character rooster so far!
MelodyCake : Ian
Leki : Valsche
Idlewyld : Chiharu
JoanieSappho : Joanna

Hopefully we will see a character from Avalon ;)

So, currently, the estimated time for this roleplay start up will be ether Monday or Tuesday, would be nice to have one or two more people join in :) So I suppose I'll do the usual, if you know anyone who you think will be interested, give them a poke :P Spread the word of the ES club! Just don't be a Jehovah witness about it xD Be a ES Jehovah witness

Is totally good at this subliminal messaging stuff

xD

Avalon29

@Melody

Well I have all the concept stuff written down. Just need to expand each point now. So tonight or tomorrow hopefully it'll be done.

JoanieSappho

And then I found that I had gone and made a shipping chart.
A rough one, since we've not seen anyone in action, but Joanna takes such things seriously.  :P

Avalon29

I bet Joanna  immediately mentally labels every guy she  meets as a seme or uke too. xD

Leki

An ETA is always good have~
I'll try poking around, but I'm not going to promise anything in regards to recruitment xD
I completely agree that it'd be nice to have one or two more... though I'm kind of curious as to how things will go with a small secure group too.

@Joanie
Normally I'd be forced to lock you up and throw you down a mine shaft to serve the remainder of your life as a mining canary~
But you're in luck since all the approved characters seem pretty appealing at this point in time xD
Just hoping that Avalon comes through with something nice... or naughty xD
Admittedly I am a bit concerned for Chiharu's sanity... but that's Idle's problem~
.... In regards to my own sanity, Joanna, and Joanie?.... inb4 I get the two wrong at some point.

@Avalon
Looking forward to you getting everything down then :P
Valsche is a Uke through and through *nod*

MelodyCake

@Avalon
I look forward to it then :)

@Joanie
A yaoi fangirl who keeps a shipping chart at hand xD Is the bell on her collar also filled with catnip? :P

@Leki
I agree, we do have a pretty secure tight group right now, and I am sure that the current cast could to pretty well, but one or two new additions could be nice :)
I also look forward to seeing how Chiharu is going to handle the insanity of the other characters who don't seem to follow any order what so ever xD

Avalon29

And here we go. If there are any groans, cringing, facepalms, laughs, or any other similar reactions when reading his profile. I think I've done my job well. xD

Name: Blair Fairchild
Height: 5’2” (156 cm)
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Hazel but it’s hard to tell as he wears color contacts one red for his left eye and one gold for his left eye which is hidden under the eyepatch.

Personality:

Chuunibyou:  Blaire is possessed by the spirit of a dragon and was bitten by a vampire at a young age. Due to the power of his dark vampire abilities and incomparable magic of the noble dragon inside he must wear his special eyepatch which seals his power. He has traveled across dimensions to save worlds and defeat powerful foes who want to steal his powers or tried to stop him from reaching his destiny as prince of dragons. Because of course he has noble blood as well. These many adventures are all recorded in his forbidden blood tomes of dark history, currently on volume 23. This is what he believes at least. He has never grown out of his delusions even after graduating middle school.

Awkward: Blaire is rather awkward when thrown off of his usual pace or when dealing with emotional things. He doesn’t quite know what normal means any longer. This makes him rather clumsy when it comes to things like feelings or when made to confront something that doesn’t easily fit in to his delusions. He’ll stumble around for a bit before falling back on his delusions to keep the distance between him and whatever it was that surprised him.

Strengths and Skills:

Imagination: If there’s one thing Blair has it’s an active imagination. The mundane can easily be turned into the extraordinary. A hole in the ground can lead to tunnels filled with Tibetans or a hollow earth where giant monsters and lizard people can be found, a pair of cans and a string can be high tech communication devices for talking through dimensions.  It’s hard to ever be bored if one is sucked in to his delusions and he could be quite the writer too if he ever managed to leave his delusions behind.

Full Throttle: Blair goes full force all the time no matter what it is he’s doing. He always gives things one hundred and ten percent when he’s focused on something or enjoying it without caring what somebody might think about what he’s doing. It makes doing things that others might consider embarrassing easy since as long as he’s enjoying himself the opinions of others don’t matter.

Flaws and Weaknesses:

Immune to Reality: Because of his delusions he has no idea how to do things like read the atmosphere and is incredibly dense when it comes to subtler interactions. He has one pace that he follows and it’s his own. Things like reading the room, knowing when to be polite, or the idea of being careful with sensitive topics are completely foreign to him.

An Eighth Grader’s Aesthetic Sense: Blaire’s tastes have never matured past middle school. Things like trench coats, magic, roller shoes, and swords are all cool to him. The flashier, sleeker, darker, or just more outrageous that something is the more likely it is to appeal to him. It’s also led him to impulse buy quite a few objects just because of the cool factor.

The reason why Blair decided to join the ES club is simple. He wants to search for and chase down cracks into different dimensions. He has to make sure to seal them before enemies from the 29th dimension break through and take over the world. Aliens, UMA, and the paranormal can all make excellent allies or a danger to the world as well if left unchecked.

The dimensional protection society: Current member count 1 although ex members still humor him sometimes. Blair needs to learn to use his powers wisely to make sure he is ready for any enemy. He has no time for social circles. There used to be a few others but they all changed when they graduated to their next schools. He’s certain they’ve been brainwashed by some evil tyrant but nothing he does seems to help.

quozax

I have decided not to pursue this role playing game.

I wish you the best of luck with it.  Please withdraw my application.

MelodyCake

@Avalon
I have no idea why, but I love the fact that he looks like he could be cosplaying Ciel from Black Butler xD
Without further ado! He has been stamped as accepted :)
I see the 5'2" height is pretty popular in this roleplay :P At least 2 if I remember correctly :P
Is totally not using it to inflate his own 5'2" ego.... xD

@Qsox
That's a shame, perhaps I'll see you around somewhere else :)