Fate/Infinity

Started by Garuss Vakarian, June 16, 2014, 02:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inari

All of the master/servant roles have been taken but I assume you'd be able to have a bystander of some sort.

TheWhiteEmperor

Quote from: Karma on July 15, 2014, 03:16:52 PM
Garuss has been busy so I haven't been officially confirmed yet, but given that Elsa doesn't have a concrete role in the war yet, I'd be more than happy to discuss some possibilities between her and your potential character so we both have something to go on from the start. :)

I was thinking of having Leon be an old Master of a previous war, but had lost his Magic Circuits and was forced to forfeit. I could change it up to fit the situation(or if someone dislikes the idea of previous masters having survived). How would you like our characters to sync up or be connected in the roleplay?

Quote from: Starcry on July 20, 2014, 03:33:43 AM
All of the master/servant roles have been taken but I assume you'd be able to have a bystander of some sort.

Thank you, I appreciate the reply. I think I'll have something up by the end of the day.
Abscences and Apologies || On's and Off's

I will be gone for an indeterminate amount of time. Sorry for the inconvenience. Love you all, you will be missed. 7/9/16

Inari

That sounds good and I look forward to seeing your character sheet! <3

TheWhiteEmperor

-Player Name-
TheWhiteEmperor {AKA - Leon}

-Character Name-
Caellach Equasir

-Age-
127, appears to be in his mid-20s

-Mage Family-
Equasir; First of his name to have become a Magus.

-Role-
Bystander

-Personality-
Friendless and loveless are two traits which seem to symbolize Caellach. Though he was once popular and even well-known to the general public, having once been a rather famous stuntman in his younger years. Later becoming a choreographer when his body could no longer take the beatings his younger self allowed. He was well-liked by all due to his friendly nature and great work ethic, coupled with his willingness to help others in need.

The events of his second Grail War changed him little, though it did open his eyes to the more harsh realities that happen in the world. It served to toughen him up and see him take a deeper appreciation of the life he had been granted. Not that he disrespected life prior to that, but having your life in constant peril certainly offers a new light upon your views.

Though, as times changed and many of his beloved friends and family died for one reason or another, he became much more cynical and withdrawn from society. Joy of youth turned to spite. Popularity became loneliness. The once happy and beloved behind-the-scenes star has become a sour old codger, with nothing to occupy his time but the musings of various magical experiments. Caellach no longer wishes to live, as he wishes only to become one with his past; a dead and forgotten memory.

-History-
Caellach Equasir was born into a rather well-cultured family. Upper-middle class; not rich, but not hurting for money either. During his early life, he was known to be one of the smarter kids his age and well-rounded in athletics. When his first Holy Grail War came crashing into his life, Caellach was too young to be much of a threat to any of the other combatants. Lucky for him, he had only ever come across a single Master and she was willing to let the young child live for the sake of her soul. At the bright young age of seven, Caellach wasn't even sure all this was even real. It wasn't until twenty years later, he learned of the truth.

His above-average grades and athletic performances earned him the right to freely go to some better colleges and later pursue his dream of acting. He always wanted to make people happy and perform for them, to bring light to an otherwise sad and dreary time. Alas, he never made it as an actor. Instead, he was scouted as one of the great stunt talents of his time. Performing wonderfully choreographed fights in the popular 're:Flux' and 'Will of Fire' movies, which had magazines and new articles raving. Of course, he never got the recognition on the level the real actors, but still high remarks nonetheless. Actually, Caellach found that he preferred this profession to his orginal acting intent and found love in his work.

It also kept him in shape, which served him in the proceeding Grail War into which he was thrown. Keeping him safe when his lack of knowledge in the art magic would serve no justice. At any rate, he managed to come out once again a loser with his life. It was this war that confirmed his younger selves' questions of truth and reality. He did indeed live in a world where magic and monsters could roam, but now it may have been too late for him to rectify his lack of magical knowledge. This didn't stop him from trying, however.

Years came and went, all of his spare time from his career life was spent pouring over tomes of the arcane. Caellach took no wife, birthed no children, and once he retired grew weak of body but strong of mind. Times shifted and everyone he knew passed into a memory. This took a piece of his heart along with him, but still he continued to live for whatever reason. Was it divine will? Had he not yet served his purpose? Was magic the source of his long life? ...Or maybe the Grail simply denied him death to spite him. Whatever the reason, he was growing tired of waiting to die.

Now, the old, wizened man sulks away from others and tends to keep to himself. With a long, arduous breadth of life already behind him, Caellach spends much of his time practicing and studying the various arcanum in magic. The more dangerous the experiment, the better. It was due to this dedication of his late life, which would breathe young life into him once more. Despite his readiness to die of old age, he was given youth once more by the will of some arcane force. Now, with body and mind at their highest pinnacle, Caellach must not squander his second chance. Maybe there was one more mission he had left to complete. While he knows not of this happening's origin, he sets out in search of answers. Once again, finding himself caught up in the Holy Grail's bloodlust; Whether he likes it, or not.

-Seal-
No longer active, once appeared as the image below.

I will be gone for an indeterminate amount of time. Sorry for the inconvenience. Love you all, you will be missed. 7/9/16

Inari

I like how this profile looks. Perhaps he can help another character in teaching Melina how to use Prana and how to be a proper master? :3

pendarious

my question is hows he 87 if he was in two grail wars? and still alive for this one?
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

TheWhiteEmperor

Quote from: pendarious on July 21, 2014, 01:46:49 PM
my question is hows he 87 if he was in two grail wars? and still alive for this one?

As is the case with any Grail War, Masters are not required to die or be part of the sacrifice to end the war. Also, the age was explained in the history coupled with his survival. I could touch it up to make this more apparent, if it would please you? I don't want there to be any ill feelings over something quite so trivial. xD

Quote from: Starcry on July 20, 2014, 10:57:10 PM
I like how this profile looks. Perhaps he can help another character in teaching Melina how to use Prana and how to be a proper master? :3

I'd love to have Caellach interact with another young Master, as he knows the ins and outs and what the pressure of the Grail War feels like. Add to that, it would be a great way for him to find more of a reason to revert back to his old, true nature. The task will not be easy, but from what I can glean... Melina seems determined enough to convince Mr. Grumpypants to train her in the art of magic.

Inari

Well a witch shall be helping her "open up" as it were and will teach her the basics she needs. However I do think she will need some guidance. I hope you have enjoyed what you have read of the rp so far!

TheWhiteEmperor

Quote from: Starcry on July 21, 2014, 04:34:46 PM
Well a witch shall be helping her "open up" as it were and will teach her the basics she needs. However I do think she will need some guidance. I hope you have enjoyed what you have read of the rp so far!

Oh, no worries. Just interjecting some ideas.

Yeah, I can see it now. Her telling him what she can is capable of, while his cynicism burns beneath his words of disdain. "You can't heal people to death to win a war, little girl."

Kunoichi

Quote from: TheWhiteEmperor on July 21, 2014, 04:22:00 PM
As is the case with any Grail War, Masters are not required to die or be part of the sacrifice to end the war. Also, the age was explained in the history coupled with his survival. I could touch it up to make this more apparent, if it would please you? I don't want there to be any ill feelings over something quite so trivial. xD

It's more that he would have to be about 120 or so in order to participate in this Grail War, since part of the concept for this game is that the Fifth Holy Grail War is happening more or less on schedule, rather than happening early as it did in canon. ^^;

Also, we've already got another character signed up who's ageless and immortal.  That's not to say that I'm immediately rejecting your character, or anything like that, but it is something that you might want to take into consideration.

Speaking of which, that puts this game at what, 2050? I feel like we haven't considered the technological implications of that. *chuckle*

TheWhiteEmperor

Quote from: Kunoichi on July 21, 2014, 07:00:35 PM
It's more that he would have to be about 120 or so in order to participate in this Grail War, since part of the concept for this game is that the Fifth Holy Grail War is happening more or less on schedule, rather than happening early as it did in canon. ^^;

Also, we've already got another character signed up who's ageless and immortal.  That's not to say that I'm immediately rejecting your character, or anything like that, but it is something that you might want to take into consideration.

Hm, interesting. Maybe I read it incorrectly, but as this is supposed to be only 60 in the future, Caellach having been in the previous one in his 20s, it seems too unlikely he would be over 100. Lol Also, I wanted him to be within the normal realm of human age boundaries. Most people can easily live to be 90 or more these days. Unless there is something I'm missing?  ???

Also, that is quite interesting to note, Karma. Lol Nice catch.

pendarious

well if he were to survive 2 grail wars then it would have had to have been within the first 3 as the 4th was fate/zero so he'd have to be well into his early hundrdds since the fifth grail war taking place in game is as kuno said on schedual. and fate/zero apparently takes place in the late 80's to late 90's.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

TheWhiteEmperor

Quote from: pendarious on July 21, 2014, 09:33:42 PM
well if he were to survive 2 grail wars then it would have had to have been within the first 3 as the 4th was fate/zero so he'd have to be well into his early hundrdds since the fifth grail war taking place in game is as kuno said on schedual. and fate/zero apparently takes place in the late 80's to late 90's.

Ahh, maybe that is where I messed up? This game is canonical, except for the Fate/stay Night routes?

Kunoichi

Quote from: TheWhiteEmperor on July 21, 2014, 09:58:28 PM
Ahh, maybe that is where I messed up? This game is canonical, except for the Fate/stay Night routes?

Essentially, this game follows canon until right up to the very end of the 4th war.  At that point, instead of following along with his canon activities and failing to disassemble the Greater Grail ritual, Kiritsugu managed to successfully take the ritual out.  Now, roughly sixty years later, (or perhaps a decade or two earlier than that, given the ages of a few of our cast members,) some mysterious interloper has moved in and stolen what fragments remain of the Greater Grail vessel, taking them away to France and rebuilding a new ritual around them.

The Holy Grail War is taking place in Paris now, as a result, and thanks to the higher-quality leylines available in Europe, the Grail is allowing for the summoning of fourteen Servants, each of which will be divided up into two factions.  The Black Faction, hailing from Paris, is tasked with defending themselves and their territory, while the Red Faction, from Fuyuki, is tasked with invading and taking out their foes.  Once one faction has been entirely annihilated, every member of the remaining faction will each be granted a wish.

And that's the basic plot for this game. ^^

TheWhiteEmperor

Aha, okay then. I've edited his age, but the principle for his character's long life remains the same. Aside from magic, there has been another force within him, preserving him from certain doom. As such, his history shall remain the same and the alternate force will present itself in-game during his personal plot arc within the game. ;D Thanks for helping me to this point.

Garuss Vakarian

1 master role open, as well servant Lancer is open.

Elsa is available for being a Master. :)