Xavier's School for Gifted Young Adults - X-Men

Started by Secretwriter, November 28, 2010, 08:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LunarSage

Quote from: Secretwriter on April 20, 2011, 04:57:07 PM
;) I think you missed it.

For my peace of mind, can you point it out to me?  For the life of me I can't find it anywhere on the thread (I figured it'd be on post one).  :-)

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Adonis

Lunar & Secret - Approved. Shift em over to the bio threat.

Pockets - Only thing I ask is that you shift the distances down on his teleportation/portals down to something a bit more reasonable for a student. Maybe 2.5(or 3 if you want to round up)/5 instead of 5/10. Other than that, no problem with the sheet and it has my approval.
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

LunarSage

Quote from: Adonis on April 20, 2011, 05:05:56 PM
Lunar & Secret - Approved. Shift em over to the bio threat.

Woot!  Thanks much!  ;D

Wait... do I shift it over or do you?  That thread seems to be locked. 

Adonis

Should be unlocked now. We keep it locked because we've had issues now and again with people going in and covertly modifying their powers to boost them past what we approved.
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's

Pockets

Just waiting on Kendra, I'll change the range here in a bit.
08/02 - New A/A Update

LunarSage

Quote from: Adonis on April 20, 2011, 05:10:39 PM
Should be unlocked now. We keep it locked because we've had issues now and again with people going in and covertly modifying their powers to boost them past what we approved.

Gotcha.  Posted up now.  :-)

Crovonovin

Just checking in, but have I been approved by everyone yet?

Adonis

O/O's

Kendra

Pockets - approved - thanks for making the edits ;)

Shihong - you've been approved ;)

Lunar - I've had just as much difficulty in finding it so thanks for pointing that out. I'll edit it into the directory ;)

Amelita

Character:

Code-Name: Honey
Ethnicity: Third generation Icelandic immigrant ::)
Sex: female
Relationship Status: single
Team Affiliation: Xavier
Position at the School: High School Senior

Appearance:

Hair: Blond with honey tones
Eyes: Light honey
Skin: light, subtle tan
Weight: 120 lbs/ 55kg
Height: 5'5/ 165 cm
Other: The only manifestation of her powers in her appearance are her eyes. Normally they have a light, honey color but when she's working with her powers they turn a darker, richer honey color and even amber.

Date Of Birth: May 5th 1993
Place Of Birth: Austin, Texas
Citizenship: US

Information:

Personality:
Jamie's a flirt through and through, but she doesn't stop at that. Were she a few years older she'd be stamped a seductress... As of now, her only stamp has been a slut. This is not entirely accurate, because despite her very healthy appetite for sex, she doesn't use just any guy who comes along. She's picky and knows what she wants. Oh she may flirt with most males and even females if she's in the mood, but the serious, suggestive little teases are only for the ones she's got her eye on.
She's generally friendly to a point, but her smile tends to be laced with sarcasm and she doesn't really make friends easily. Girls haven't liked her much in the past (due to obvious reasons) and boys... Well usually if she wants to be close with them she's not thinking in terms of friendship...
She's cocky, confident, determined and definitely goes for what she wants. She's not too good with the word 'no' as she's honestly not used to hearing that.
Should a person manage to crack through the surface and earn her trust, that person will have gained a loyal friend, though.
She loves having fun, playing around, being in a crowd (mostly if she gets to be in the center of it but also when not), and running.
When she gets a spare moment, she loves sitting down with a pencil and paper. Those times are probably the only times she's completely relaxed and calm, even introverted. If you walk in on her while she's drawing, chances are she won't even notice you.

Background: [Three good paragraphs]

Born into a ridiculously wealthy family, Jamie grew up with all the luxury she could ever want and the social life that eventually followed. Her parents ran in all the right circles, opening every door she got to with no effort. Her siblings enjoyed the same, of course. Soon into Jamie's teens it was apparent that the cheeky little blonde was a complete flirt and could wrap boys and men around her little finger... And that she didn't mind it one bit. She was the only one of her siblings to ask to go to school (the others got tutors who tended to them at home) which was of course granted to her without question. She thoroughly enjoyed the social aspect of high school, and as Xavier's was the place to be for a young mutant, that's where she went. She's been in the school since junior year.

Mother:

Name: Sara Anderson
Race: mutant

Father:

Name: John Anderson
Race: human

Other Relatives:

Three younger siblings, one older. Michael (mutant), Jessica (human), Brian (human) and Gerald (mutant). Grandparents on both sides. Great grandmother on mother's side. Aunts and uncles and so on...

Powers:

Major: Healing Honey. Her touch brings a reaction as if honey had been applied to the skin, only without the goo. The effects are anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory, as well as stimulating cell growth and the body's natural defenses: the immune system. In addition this her powers manifest as a boost to the natural healing, tissues and bones heal at multiple speed than normal. GM advice on how fast?
           Limitations: She's not able to free a person of pain that follows their injuries (which is considerably worse when the body is mending itself at a far faster pace than normal), and she can't repair what's out of place. That means if your leg is broken and the bone is sticking out, she's not gonna be able to magically stick it back together. She can only help the body do what it would do anyway, and help it avoid pesky things like inflammation and infections

Minor: Manipulates sugars. She can melt it, harden it, increase its mass and decrease it. This works on all sugars, whether it's in a person's blood or in a cup of coffee.
           -Limitations: She can't create sugar or make it vanish, doesn't work on artificial sweeteners, effect on sugars in blood only last for as long as she's focusing on it.

Hobbies and Interests:
Dancing, running, drawing, boys (sex)...

OOC Ons and Offs:   Mine

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

LunarSage

Quote from: Secretwriter on April 20, 2011, 07:27:30 PM
I think it's a moot point now that you're approved in the game. And... I'm a bit swamped by rl and catching up on E. Sorry, hon.

No worries.  Kendra fixed it.  :-)

Sorrows Solace

Character:

Code-Name: Firebrand
Ethnicity: Scottish
Sex: Male
Relationship Status: Single

Appearance:

Hair: Black
Eyes: Bright Grey
Skin: Fair
Weight: 135 lbs
Height: 5’6’’
Other:
Tristan always seems to have a infectious smile on his face, he loves to laugh and nearly always seems content. His hair is dark black and wavy, his eyes are a bright grey. His nose is straight, chin roundly stubborn and he has high cheekbones. He has a wiry build and his arms are muscled from working as a mechanic and trying to learn to be a smith. He has faint burn scars on both hands.

Date Of Birth: October 21, 1993
Place Of Birth: Stornoway, Scotland
Citizenship: Dual: United Kingdom/United States

Information:

Personality:
Tristan is a born charmer, loving to be able to talk to, flirt with and make girls laugh. Although he tries to flirt with nearly every girl he sees he will treat them all with respect and prefers to date one person at a time. He has a bit of a jealous streak and his temper is fiery usually flaring up and making him shout and rant before he calms down.

He tends to worry and dramatize things, usually getting angry when he’s frightened. He is also deeply loyal and kind, always looking out for friends and loved ones. He has a closet sensitive side, enjoying writing and singing but feels embarrassed when this is brought up. He is very close to his family and one of his best friends is his twin sister. He tends to stick his foot in his mouth at times. He is also very stubborn…along with the rest of his family.

Background:
Tristan was born during sunrise of an autumn day, three hours after his twin sister. As he grew up he was a child that got into everything, loving to explore, ask questions and get into trouble. He and his sister also played pranks on everyone they knew, getting a mischievous reputation.

As he grew up Tristan began to notice that he never really minded overly hot days or had little trouble with small burns and scorches. That changed sharply when he was sixteen, a nightmare awoke him along with the scent of smoke. During his bad dream his mutant power manifested, scorching the bed underneath and burning his hands badly.

His parents, both being mutants themselves understood what was going on and immediately began to find help. An old friend of theirs managed to help teach Tristan control, enough to stop him from hurting himself and others. Eventually as he grew older he started to feel uncomfortable in a small city, worried his powers and his family would be found out and found out about Xavier’s school, moving their with his twin sister soon after their reunion.

Mother:

Name: Miri Firestone
Race: Mutant (Persuasive Voice, able to get people to listen to reason with her vocal tone)

Father:

Name: Joseph Firestone
Race: Mutant(Eidetic Memory, ability to absorb information quickly and retain it easily)

Other Relatives: Tobias: Older Brother (Mutant: Intuitive Healing, ability to see/hear diseases), Mena: Twin sister

Powers:

Major: Tristan can create flame and is learning to shape it to his will. The fire can be made in small orbs and will ignite when thrown at something. Eventually he hopes to learn to make more shapes then orbs from the fire he creates.

Minor: Metal Sense: Tristan has a knack for smithing able to tell what metals objects are made at from a glance and is able to craft metal into works of art, as if sensing what would be best for different types of metal. He nurtures this by studying and practice.

Minor: Metal Manipulation: Because of his intuitive sense when working with metal, Tristan is able to shape metal to his will when smithing, usually by using small applications of heat and his forge work.

Power Limitations:
Major: Creating fire draws on his physical and mental energy, he tends to get tired and gets headaches from using fire to long and prolonged exposure to cold makes him feel lethargic. His control in aiming fire is shaky and his temper has occasionally made fire burst outside of his body and led to one embarrassing incident that left him bald. Since he has no heat resistance acquiring burns and scorches is a very real risk, because of this he is careful to create the fire orbs at a safe distance from his skin throwing them away from his body to avoid injury.

Minor: Tristan’s metal sense only goes as far as metal he’s touched or seen, rarer metals are ones he’d have to study to recognize. The sensation of the ‘voice’ or ‘sound’ of metal can be distracting.

Minor: Tristan cannot control or lift metal. It only extends to the projects he works at in the forge, metals that are easier to manipulate are what he works best with and small projects such as jewelry, metallic flowers and boxes or tiny statues are to the extent of what he can work with.

Hobbies and Interests:

One of Tristan’s chief interests is tinkering with engines and studying smith craft and jewellery making (what better to attract the girls with?)

He also has a talent for writing, poetry actually, though it would kill him to admit to it. Like the other men in his family he has a good singing voice and usually saves the strong tenor for the showers.

He also likes girls, a lot. He has a preference for brunettes. He enjoys running and hates cold weather having a minor fear of freezing to death (due to his powers).

OOC Ons and Offs: (Will edit in later)

EDITED: Switched Minor abilities and dropped heat resistance.

Adonis

You'll have to bump him down to high school level Sorrows, were overbalanced on college kids atm.
O/O's

Sorrows Solace

Secretwriter

Tristan is a name that is already used.  We're not allowing duplicate names right now.

After this bio, NO MORE ENGLISH/IRISH/SCOTTISH students!  We've said this already but it seems to have gotten lost in the fray.   

We need more variety. Once again, please, this is not Hogwarts. Everyone should not be from Great Britain.

After reading the bio, I have to say that there's already two people resistant to fire, SS.  It makes sense for him to have the ability but I'm hesitant about approving it. 

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Sorrows Solace

-facepalm- Well there goes introducing his twin. Great. I really can't change his name unfortunately- so that may mean me removing his profile and not posting my other one.

Edited out extra bit about abilities.

Secretwriter

This once we will allow it, but only because you have a plan for twins. :-)

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Sorrows Solace

-blinks- So I can keep their country or origin and post my other profile?!

Thank you so so much! You guys are awesome!

Now..just the name issue if that's still a problem. Oh, and the whole 'not resistant to fire thing'

Secretwriter

You can keep the name this time as well. That's actually what I meant.  Twins would automatically be from the same area in most cases, at least from the same birth.  I didn't even think about that being an issue because of the same womb. >.< 

Sorrows Solace

-laughs- Yes, the whole family's Scottish to the bone. Again thank you, I really appreciate this.

Here's his twin:

Character:

Code-Name: None as of Yet
Ethnicity: Scottish
Sex: Female
Relationship Status: Single

Appearance:

Hair: Bright Auburn
Eyes: Dark Blue Green
Skin: Fair, freckles across her nose and cheeks
Weight: 125 lbs
Height: 5’5’’
Other:

Mena stands at an average height and has a wiry build, with modest curves. Her attractiveness leans more to the healthy and youthful and she usually forgoes makeup, unless it’s a formal affair. Her face is heart shaped, with a rounded chin, sharp cheekbones and a straight nose. Her smile is slow to appear, but has an edge of mischief that makes her eyes dance.

Her fingers are slim, and her nails are usually bitten and unpolished, her finger tips and palms are calloused. She had a thin, vertical scar over her right brow, from a small accident in her teen hood. Her hair is a bright auburn and is wavy, usually edging towards tousled; it reaches her to the nape of her neck. Her eyes are a meditative dark blue green.

Date Of Birth: October 21, 1993
Place Of Birth: Stornoway, Scotland
Citizenship: United Kingdom/United States

Information:

Personality:
Mena is the calmer of the Firestone twins, possessing a steady common sense and a quieter nature. She has a dry wit and usually resorts to gentle teasing and trading faintly sarcastic barbs with family and friends. She loves to learn and discuss or debate with classmates, possessing a healthy intelligence and work ethic. She’s stubborn, leading to her having a difficulty of seeking out help and talking about things that upset her. She has a dogged determination to do well in life and that can make her forget to relax and kick back. Because of this she can get stressed out and anxious at times, turning to her art and violin when things get rough. She is devoted to her family and friends and while she quarrels with her brother she always is there to pull him out of trouble and considers him one of her best friends. Her nature is practical, kind, trustworthy and playful, enjoying jokes and liking to laugh and talk about all matters of things with the right person.

Background: [Three good paragraphs]

Mena was born in Stornoway, Scotland at an ungodly hour of the morning, a few hours before her brother came along with the sun’s rise. Growing up she was always the one after Tristan, either taking part of his mischief, pulling pranks on him and getting pranked in return or dragging him out of trouble (which they both laughed about later.)

Like her brother she began to notice strange things as she grew older. While sleeping she began to float above her bed and when angry or upset she’d hover an inch or two off of the ground. Once when waking up and finding herself floating high above her bed she panicked and crashed to the ground, getting the scar she has on her brow.

Things got worse when she was fourteen, one day she ran in terrified to her parents, she had been hearing voices when she was in the woods sketching. Worried, her parents began to wonder if she too was showing mutant powers and grew frightened as her symptoms grew worse, leading to headaches and insomnia on stormy, windy nights. Terrified at the idea of their daughter going mad they risked contacting some friends that were able to find help. A man named Lucien contacted the family and Mena went to a facility that he ran, designed to diagnose and assist with mutant powers. Close enough to home for her family to visit on holidays Mena was slowly able to control her gifts, finding that hearing voices was caused by her gifts with wind. She remained at the facility for four years, alternately relieved, eager to learn and lonely. When she ‘graduated’ from the class she heard about Xavier’s Institute and wanted a new start, moving there with her brother.   

Mother:

Name: Miri Firestone
Race: Mutant (Persuasive Voice, able to get people to listen to reason by manipulating her vocal tone)

Father:

Name: Joseph Firestone
Race: Mutant(Eidetic Memory, ability to absorb information quickly and retain it easily)

Other Relatives: Tobias: Older Brother (Mutant: Intuitive Healing), Tristan: Twin brother

Powers:

Major: Gravity Manipulation: Mena is able to manipulate the gravitational pull around her body, increasing or decreasing the pull allows her to hover, walk and float in the air. She is able to manipulate gravity of small objects, letting them float around her in orbit as well.

Minor: Gravity Shield: Mena can shift gravity around herself to create a minor shield in the air, deflecting objects away from her.

Minor: Voices on the Wind: The tides of wind bring voices to Mena’s ears, allowing her to hear voices from far away, usually helps her sneak up on people, or avoid them.

Power Limitations:

Major:  Mena does have some issues changing her gravity, the feeling of  being weightless for too long can make her feel queasy. It takes concentration for her to be able to do this, since she is still learning Mena tends to either get stuck in the air, or crash to the ground. She is only able to manipulate the gravity around herself, and small objects that weigh little (like her art supplies, too many at once can make her control shaky.) Since other people and heavy objects have different pulls it will take her some time to be able to shift the gravity pull of other people if she ever learns to do so.

Minor: So far this power was discovered utterly by accident (Mena deflected a paper airplane thrown at her during her time at the academy) the shield is weak as of now and she’s not sure as to how far it extends outside of her body.

Minor: There’s still a minor fear issue with hearing voices on the wind, she finds it hard to explain and if she’s in a crowd and there’s enough wind the gift gives her headaches. On windy days she can end up getting migraines, the stronger gusts seem to amplify the sounds.

Hobbies and Interests:

Mena loves art; sketching is a favourite of hers and she also enjoys painting and trying her hand at sculpting. She has a strong eye for detail and a way for her to relax is to sit down and sketch what she sees. Sketching helps her to de-stress and she has the habit of sketching people that catch her eyes then dropping off the paper in front of them, making a quick exit.

Growing up she also loved the violin and was taught to play by her father, she still has the violin that he gave her and practices when she can. She also loves to read, is somewhat of a fantasy nerd and has an interest in Goth fashion, enjoys dancing and going to clubs when she can.

Mena also has a fear of water and is unable to swim due to an accident as a child.

OOC Ons and Offs: (Will fill in later)

EDIT: Switched powers, fixed age, grammar and altered history accordingly. Replaced WindWalk since it felt redundant.

Aether

Not wanting to dig through all the bio's again, is there anyone playing a hyper metabolism as a major power set up?

Kendra

Yes thank Aether - we don't really want to have to do it either :P
*nudges playfully*

Kesara Salazar and Tyrone McCray have heightened metabolism as a minor ability but no student or staff member has it as their major ability.

;)

Aether

Soooorryyy...  <.<

Thats a bad major anyway after i really thought about it.  The major power is going to be her evolutionary physique and how quick she moves, snap decisions every second.

Amelita

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

WerewolfofLondon

Looks like Yuki has another fire buddy! Loving the twins, Sorrows!