News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Movies that Sucked and Rocked. (Why we hate them and why we love them)

Started by Paladin, June 29, 2009, 12:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin

Ok Folks, some of us love some movies, and some of us absolutly hate them... Blood Rayne is a good one to bring up on the bad side. I went in hopeful, came out crying.

So what movies do you love and why and what movies do you hate?

I'm going to start with Transformers 2. there was good and bad in it but overall I loved it.

The Good:
The action- Great effects, plenty of explosions
Megan Fox - Pure Hawtness
The Plot - While a little weak and old, it was well done.

The Bad:
The Twins - Little over over used, and they reminded me of two friends I know. Made me finally see what they would be like if the Military gave them guns and set them loose... without the training.

Both:
The Humor - A little over used, but when it was used effectivly it was great.

Over all I'd give the movie a 7 or 8 out of 10.

consortium11

Transformers 2 Good/Bad

The Good:

Someone bought me popcorn.
It was more entertaining than the Echelon Conspiracy.
It made me rewatch the original Transformers movie, which is awesome. In fact, they should have simply done a live action version of that and dubbed the original audio over the top.

The Bad:

The Twins: skirting the edge of being blatantly racist, to the extent people related to the film have had to do a defensive action attempting to diffuse the situation. It was humour at its lowest level and deeply uncomfortable.

Devestator's Testicles: Why? What possible need is for them? Add in all the other bodily functions used for toilet humor. Really not needed.

Action Scenes: While a marginal improvement on the first, Bay still feels a need to have the camera spin round, flash up and down and jitter left to right seemingly at random, obscuring what is actually going on. Half the time the explosions seem to occur for no reason and in general action scenes end with you having to go onto the internet to find out exactly what happened.

Fox: Yes, she's attractive. But no, she cannot act. At all. There are a lot of hot women out there who can act... she is sadly not one of them. She did manage the remarkable achievement of making Shia (who's repertoire consists almost entirely of screaming "Optimusssssssss!!!") look like a good actor.

Slutty Decepticon Fembot: Wait what? And exactly why did she try to kill him?

The Plot: Connected to above. Oh god. There are plotholes you could drive Devestator through... it makes the original look like a coherent movie... and that was a film that started with a robot who could fly through space just fine getting frozen in the artic...  ( :-\ ), and made my personal pet hate Fallout 3 look like an epic work. I don't expect a popcorn flick to have the world's greatest plot, but I expect it to make at least a little sense... especially when you have as much great source material as Bay had to play with.

There's even more beyond that, but I could rant all day

Paladin

Not bad Consortium. I can see what you like and dislike thats for sure. The thing is is Megan is not in the movie to act... but to be hot eye candy. She does that well. Shia does come off worse than Dakota Fanning in "War of the worlds"

Still the Armed Forces do show their might and I didn't think the twins were that bad. they came off more like a pair of dopey geeks, but then again I've never given two shits either way about racial humor.

The Testicales also had me going "WTF?" though.

The fembot was an interesting addition to the movie and I was also wondering why she tried to kill him. Was it for his brain I wonder. Maybe deliver it ona  silver platter or something? who knows.

Chevalier des Poissons

Alright, let me start with Dragonball Evolution

The goods:
- Having the pleasure of watching Goku throwing a kamehameha and look like a real person
- The nostalgic feeling of a child story getting to the big screen

The bads:
- Almost everything on the story has changed
- Goku's character conception changed
- No Shen Long on the movie

The worses:
- No krilin (or kuririn or kulilin)
- No tenkaichi budokais
- No Pual
-I have Maro's heart, and I promise to take good care of it-

A & A

Sabby

I hated that movie. Dragonball Z was great when I was in High School, but it got old, fast, and the movie was one of the worst things I sat through.

The Power Rangers Movie though... Epic.

Chevalier des Poissons

Quote from: Sabby on June 30, 2009, 01:19:00 PM
I hated that movie. Dragonball Z was great when I was in High School, but it got old, fast, and the movie was one of the worst things I sat through.

The Power Rangers Movie though... Epic.

The PR movie came in the right time for us fans, something that didn't happen with the DBZ movie.

By the way, Dragonball Online is coming.

A & A

The Overlord

Am concerned mightily about ‘the twins’. I recall no twin robots in the cartoon, and therefore has no place in the movie.

Twins never work when added to the cast and roster; the ‘Albino Twins’ from the Matrix sequel…nuff’ said.

Cold Heritage

Quote from: The Overlord on June 30, 2009, 06:03:33 PM
I recall no twin robots in the cartoon, and therefore has no place in the movie.

Sideswipe and Sunstreaker were twins and were there from day 1 in G1 (which is pretty much what anyone ever means when they say 'the cartoon,' nevermind that there's more to the franchise than that).

I could reach and talk about the seekers and the coneheads, or those three little camera guys, or Rumble and Frenzy, but I won't.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Mnemaxa

Actually, they were twins when they were made as toys, before any cartoons or movies ever came out.  It was written on their packaging.

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

consortium11

Ah, the joys of deciding quite how Transformer's canon works...

Rhapsody

Too tired to type much.   I'll just leave it at this:

The good:
Jetfire. 

The bad:
Wheelie. 
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Sabby

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Chevalier des Poissons

A & A

RubySlippers

G.I.Joe

I don't even NEED to see this to not like it. WTF did they do to poor Joe?

Fucking power armor!
International unit!
Fucking power armor!
Not fighting for the old red, white and blue American values!
Fucking power armor!
COBRA not an asian and middle eastern group seeking world domination!
Fucking power armor!

Ok the power armor is just WRONG the G.I. Joe team were all flesh, bone and well normal armor with some special vehicles and fucking guts they didn't need no fucking power accelerator suits! They are just better than Cobra enough said on their own what the hell was the director thinking.

MOCKERY OF AMERICAN G.I.JOE  >:(
'G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra' Trailer HD

THE REAL G.I.JOE ;D
G.I. Joe commercial 1960's ( Hasbro ) (old tv spot)
G I JOE A Real American Hero! 80's cartoon (80's cartoon series)

Note: Not dispargaging the few allies in the Joe Team from other freedom loving nations that followed the all American and red blooded heroes and heroines of the US in the animated series.

Paladin

Actually Ruby, they did have Power armor in the comics, There were International Members In the Comics, and oh yea It wasn't always directly about the red white and blue. Notice I say directly. They did go overseas, and they did save other countries. But somehow it led to Defending American for its values in some way and it included people from other countries.. The Comics were out long before the Cartoon, and I own most of them. I agree the Power Armor is a bit much but the Joes always had the hightech stuff. I'm going to give it a chance. It looks good and I'm not going to make a bad first judgment on it. If the power armor is the only thing I find wrong with it then I'll still give it a B. Might be a B- but still a B. The opne thing you have to remember is as GIJOE changed over the years it changed to be more of a Not Only for america team but more into a WE SAVE THE WORLD team. Times change and so have the Joes.

The Power armor is a bit much.

Sabby

Oniya

The thing I loved most about Mortal Combat (the first one), is this:  Here we are in the theater, and Liu Kang and Shang Tsung are having their ultimate battle over the arena.  The spikes come out of the dragon emblem. Liu Kang executes that perfect move that sends Shang Tsung plummeting onto the spikes, and the soundtrack just stops.

Dead silence.  The audience hasn't even started to breathe again yet.

And this little voice, couldn't have been more than 10 years old, somewhere off behind me says:  "Ow..."
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Paladin

Quote from: Oniya on July 05, 2009, 10:37:33 PM
The thing I loved most about Mortal Combat (the first one), is this:  Here we are in the theater, and Liu Kang and Shang Tsung are having their ultimate battle over the arena.  The spikes come out of the dragon emblem. Liu Kang executes that perfect move that sends Shang Tsung plummeting onto the spikes, and the soundtrack just stops.

Dead silence.  The audience hasn't even started to breathe again yet.

And this little voice, couldn't have been more than 10 years old, somewhere off behind me says:  "Ow..."

HAHAHA. I would start laughing at that point. Its the perfect break in the silence. "Ow" says it all..

Sabby

Sonya verses Kano. One of my favourite scenes. Kano takes an absolute beating the fatty.