News:

Main Menu

Snakes On A Plane

Started by Beorning, January 01, 2013, 05:38:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Sorry for the double post, but I just stumbled across a movie that belongs on this list of 'Why did they make it?'  Unfortunately, I don't recognize any of the actors, but that's not terribly surprising.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1022883/

QuoteWhen John takes his San Francisco friends to his deceased uncle's remote ranch to hunt wild pigs, it seems like a typical guys weekend with guns - despite the presence of John's sexy girlfriend Brooks. But as John and his crew trek deeper into the forest, they begin tracking the awful truth about his uncle's demise and the legend of The Ripper -- a murderous three-thousand-pound black boar! Their pursuit leads them through fields of marijuana and into the muddy landscape of Big Wallow, involving high-powered weaponry, the violent and unpredictable Tibbs Brothers, massacred emus, a machete-toting Hippie Stranger, vengeful rednecks, and throat-slitting Cult Girls who grow dope by day and worship a Giant Killer Pig by night. By the time the pig hunt is done, no one is innocent - or unscathed.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

RedPhoenix

That sounds like a good E game.  ???

Regarding SOAP, one of my many favorite Community lines is when Abed says "I've got a real Snakes on a Plane brewing here..." when he's trying to make his movie during one the episodes, referring to a movie that thinks it's funny and cool but really isn't.

This was a movie that got some internet buzz from one line and rode it into the ground, the ground in this case being box office poison. The general buzz when it came out was "Oh Snakes on a plane? That's the movie where Samuel L Jackson says he is tired of the snakes on the plane? I've seen that clip, why would I pay to watch that get padded out to 90 minutes?" Or, "No I haven't seen the clip and I don't care to. The whole thing sounds dumb."

Meanwhile, in the heads of executives "We're getting hits on the internet! We'll be billionaires!!!! Make it more internety!!! Do whatever reddit says!!!"

And thus, one of the not-even-in-a-funny-way-dumbest movies ever made.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Michi No Sora on January 01, 2013, 06:37:17 AM
Oh yeah, The Asylum film studio knows their movies are low-budget and aren't afraid to admit it. They are currently being restrained from releasing their Age of the Hobbits film from being released. It's the first time a major studio has actually managed to halt their production.

Heh, their War of the Worlds and American Warship were not that bad in fact I liked the Battleship knock-off better for plot realism the aliens tried to make China and the US nuke each other using stealth vessels and well needed a radioactive world to live one. And the actors tried harder they at least seem to get the joke.

Oniya

Quote from: RedPhoenix on January 19, 2013, 01:44:03 PM
That sounds like a good E game.  ???

E game, possibly.  Deliverance was mentioned in one of the other postings on IMDB about it.  Movie - eh, maybe not.  (I was trying to come up for a name for my Minecraft pig who can climb up the sides of my house.  Saw a German version of the movie poster while Googling either 'ninja pig' or 'martial arts pig'.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Shjade

Quote from: Oniya on January 19, 2013, 01:58:17 PM
E game, possibly.  Deliverance was mentioned in one of the other postings on IMDB about it.  Movie - eh, maybe not.  (I was trying to come up for a name for my Minecraft pig who can climb up the sides of my house.  Saw a German version of the movie poster while Googling either 'ninja pig' or 'martial arts pig'.)

Simpsons clip 8 "Spiderpig"
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Oniya

Yeah, saw a couple dozen references to that as well.  :P

Heaven Sent Blossom

Quote from: Oniya on January 19, 2013, 01:19:47 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I just stumbled across a movie that belongs on this list of 'Why did they make it?'  Unfortunately, I don't recognize any of the actors, but that's not terribly surprising.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1022883/

Right, well I know what I'm doing with my weekend!
It will make a perfect dessert to Two-Headed Shark Attack and BOA I imagine.