Pathfinder RPG with E6 Game Rules - GM/Player Interest Check

Started by RubySlippers, February 19, 2013, 06:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

Well some items will be easier than others, but yes a +1 Flaming sword might have some interesting demands on materials.

I will double check my character but she seems good to go.

Triggvi

hippyness

Totally me in that avatar. ^_-
I need something exactly seven percent stronger than TEA!
Something I have found helpful from other partners. http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=hippyness

Triggvi

Quote from: hippyness on March 10, 2013, 02:22:10 PM
I have the same fear.
Either we need to strongarm a new gm. Oops i mean recruit a new gm or one of us runs the game or we all take turns.

Blinkin

I'm afraid that it looks dead, and I don't know the system well enough to actually run it.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

yesiroleplay

I did mean to start the game this yesterday, but what I announced was this weekend.
I still have time.  Working on the opening posts now.

Triggvi

Quote from: yesiroleplay on March 10, 2013, 03:37:45 PM
I did mean to start the game this yesterday, but what I announced was this weekend.
I still have time.  Working on the opening posts now.
So what is happening?

RubySlippers

Is this game going anywhere if not I'm re-bumping it to look for a GM and players to play.

Blinkin

I'm still here and interested, but not qualified in any way to GM it.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Triggvi

RubySlippers

And I want more flexibility on source materials such as Exalted characters and more classes etc.

Triggvi

Flexibility is a great thing. I argued for it in the begining of this game. I want at least 20 build points.

RubySlippers

I picked up some of the books I would consider sharing GM duties since I want to play maybe in two side-by-side campaigns say three players per group. One GM with a character in the group they are not GM in.

Antipaladin of Calista

"And the lord said-"

F*** this S*** I aint sittin' around and lettin' B***** die while i eat my damned candy!

"He then pulled out a set of dice and threw them at the world. After they crashed in Russia he realized this was a bad idea as all the level 30 god killing players rushed for it."

H*** Na! Repent fo'yo greedy way b****.

"And so, the players were reduced to level six, comparable to the characters in LotR and all was good."
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi guys, I love the d6 rule mod and would be happy to GM for you. So why dont you guys be super people who dont afraid of anything and put your characters in the forum. If you could put them in http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php that would be great and based on what you have I'll make a campaign.

Blinkin

Ummm... hate to say this, but neither Mythweavers nor plothook are accessible with my accessible software. Can't use them. If this will be a problem, I'll withdraw my character and wish everyone a good game. :)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Antipaladin of Calista

Quote from: Blinkin on March 26, 2013, 09:44:31 PM
Ummm... hate to say this, but neither Mythweavers nor plothook are accessible with my accessible software. Can't use them. If this will be a problem, I'll withdraw my character and wish everyone a good game. :)

Not so fast! Your not off the hook that easy. Type it in. You heard me. Type your character's stats, gear, all of it into the text box in a relatively pleasing fashion

Triggvi

My character is already in plothook.

Glabrous Hellion

RubySlippers

Quote from: Antipaladin of Calista on March 26, 2013, 09:13:35 PM
"And the lord said-"

F*** this S*** I aint sittin' around and lettin' B***** die while i eat my damned candy!

"He then pulled out a set of dice and threw them at the world. After they crashed in Russia he realized this was a bad idea as all the level 30 god killing players rushed for it."

H*** Na! Repent fo'yo greedy way b****.

"And so, the players were reduced to level six, comparable to the characters in LotR and all was good."
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi guys, I love the d6 rule mod and would be happy to GM for you. So why dont you guys be super people who dont afraid of anything and put your characters in the forum. If you could put them in http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php that would be great and based on what you have I'll make a campaign.

Okay, get on it.

Triggvi

Quote from: Antipaladin of Calista on March 26, 2013, 10:39:19 PM
Can you give me a link?
You have it already. Click on the name and that is the link.

The Link (Glabrous Hellion)

TheRaven

Still here and still willing to put forth the same character.
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

Blinkin

I'm still here, although I don't even remember what character I had offered... time to go back through the thread!
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Antipaladin of Calista

Alright kiddies open your mouths and get on your knees in preparation for the bitter sweet goodness of my news. (Note: may be sticky)

Ive got good news and bad news.

Good news: I have a campaign in mind that focuses on a city that has something for everyone's character.

Bad news: Some (and by some I mean all ones.) Are going to have to take a seat for this one. Everyone at Lv one will have to pick one of the following classes:
-Adept
-Aristocrat
-Commoner
-Expert
-Warrior

Why you ask? Because e6 is about stepping back from being a superhero and playing average Joe trying to survive. Don't worry, the game will still be crazy fun. That said its not forever. Most people are never called to arms and those that do are often real masters. What does this mean for the players? Well it means a little change to the normal e6 format. You will have to start with one level of being normal, but by the time you hit second you will be filling out the role of the class you want. I.E. When you would normaly hit second level you can take the first level of the class you wanted without penalty. Sound good? Here is an Example:

Jack grew up in the town as the son of a blacksmith.  He always dreamed of battling monsters with the tools he made instead of just forging them.

The break down: This means that Jack is a Lv 1 Commoner.

However after his village was raided and he was forced to fight he was inspired by Torag to protect others. Seeing the devotion of Jack to this new cause Torag blessed him, making him a holy warrior.

The break down: Jack now has 1 lv commoner and 1 lv paladin.

So what do you, the players, think of this? Does it interest you or should I come up with something else?

yesiroleplay

I really like the idea - it's got a lot in common with the old 0-level commoners from AD&D
- one question:  does the NPC class count toward your six levels?  because there is a LOT of difference between a 6th-level player class and a 5th-level player class + 1 NPC level

I'd suggest something like - you keep the extra skills and any BAB and Saves you got from the NPC class, but your hit points at - let's call it level 1.5 - are max HP of the player class.
or simply make the level cap at 7th, but one level has to be the starting NPC class.

Antipaladin of Calista

The NPC level doesn't count towards the six player lvs. its like a lv 0 class. Players will like it because its extra health and skill points.